Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play...Capitalism Plus on Sale On GOG.COM!

lightbane

Arcane
In the grim world of Kapitalism, there is no such thing as "trust", you must be an absolute merciless shark if you want to win...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
eyeshadow-ad.jpg

RK47

Patron
11 - Chemical Warriors
Music: Let's Twist Again

capplus_000.png

Gaspar Peixoto takes over the President Post with great expectations. Can he really be the key to resurrect the mega corporation's fortunes?

capplus_001.png

Loan repayment commences. The banks manage a nervous smile at their returns.

capplus_002.png

Everything's looking good so far, in fact, good enough that I decide to start a major push in retail.

capplus_003.png

Abu Dhabi has 1.8 mil population. I add another department store to flood the market. 249 million profit projection bring a smile to my face. Gaspar is doing something right.

capplus_004.png

We've paid off more than half of our loan already. :smug:

capplus_005.png

Gaspar isn't wasting time, he just jammed the new department stores with our chemical products to maximize our profit on the virgin market. Meanwhile...

capplus_006.png

Someone is stupid enough to fund Arnold's hobbies.

capplus_010.png

289 mil profit projection...Looking good...

capplus_011.png

I can't say I'm surprised by the rise in profits. Our retail sector is really hurting for Paul's awesome leadership. And Gaspar being onboard boosts the sales team back to level 4. Just two levels slightly below Paul's era.

capplus_012.png

Huh?

capplus_013.png

Oh, the new number two? Can't say I'm worried about these retail moguls...

capplus_014.png

More chemical products unleashed to the market.

capplus_015.png

We'll start refining the formula.

capplus_016.png

Toothpaste factories are opened, one in each city.

capplus_018.png

Even the I-Shadow isn't spared the improvements.

capplus_019.png

Mining capacity is upgraded to cope with the rising chemical demands.

capplus_020.png

Near end of 1961, looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel. Debts cleared, profit projection at 318 million. I gotta say, it felt good to be right. But sometimes i wonder what would've happened if I did not rely on Mikko in the first place and went straight for Gaspar instead. Ahhhh. Let's review the year ending corporation summary.

capplus_022.png

Although we lost much of the edge in the gold jewelry, we're making up for the loss with the chemical line. And now for the rest of the major competition....

capplus_023.png

How does Nicholson do it? She must be heavily focused on basic agriculture products like frozen meat since she only has one factory. 67 million with 30 firms under her command is telling though, she's struggling to cope with the operation costs.

capplus_024.png

Phat Group is the new Green Stylists. With retail focused operation, they might just be able to keep the costs down and profits up in this cut throat region, as evidenced by his small, yet profitable number of firms.

capplus_025.png

You know, I'm quite amazed the Shining Stars survived for more than decade. I thought they've closed down long time ago. With no retail presence, they're completely reliant on others buying their manufactured products to earn a living. It's been a wild ride for the SS, but they're making a hard earned buck from timber business. I won't give them much time though...it looks too weak to last.

If you're curious about Paul's firm, the Capital Group, they're just trading stocks. Don't expect any major retail operations. Like I said, Paul is content to just playing stocks.

Luigi

Barely Literate
I liked your style in the last update. :M
Loved the game.

RK47

Patron
12 - No Mercy
Music: Hound Dog

Alright, I think I'm done playing nice. These little fishes are starting to annoy me, we need to cut these successful, small firms before they get dangerous. There's no reason why we shouldn't. The lesser competition, the better.

capplus_000.png

Phat Group's holdings consists of 11 dept. stores and two R&D centers. There should be not much issue in merging their firms together with ours. Let's start the ball rolling...

capplus_002.png

Gaspar is starting to demand more pay for his success, but ever since he took over, profits are soaring due to increased retail effectiveness. I think we're in for a 500 million breakthrough this year, so I approve of his pay increase.

capplus_005.png

Since the products launches have been done, I can devote some time with stocks. Phat Group success is pushing their share prices up. I'll just have to suck up the high prices. It'll pay off in the end. I'm sure of it.

capplus_006.png

Mmmm. This should keep me busy a while. This little toy train requires a new component, Steel.

capplus_007.png

The R&D is diverted to jeans.

capplus_008.png

We need to set up a coal and iron mine to supply the steel. Take note that production technology plays 80% part in the final product quality of the toy train. If suppose we can spare the R&D effort on it.

capplus_011.png

capplus_012.png

Initial iron and coal mine started.

capplus_013.png

Looks like things are heating up. Another chemical product line is ready for launch. What next for R&D, hmm.

capplus_015.png

:smug: This is it, gentlemen. We're through the looking glass. All that research is about to pay off.

capplus_016.png

2.5 years...countdown begins.

capplus_017.png

Back to the toy train launches, four factories with the same configuration are opened in each city.

capplus_019.png

Same goes for the shampoo.

capplus_018.png

Damn, someone beat us to the fragrance products. Who the fuck is Ion Industries?

capplus_020.png

Oh, Phat Group is moving into manufacturing? Better hurry up with the take-over bid...

capplus_021.png

Don't hate me for this, you'll thank me later...

capplus_023.png

Our second steel product is ready as well. We'll launch ours now to beat the Phat Group's.

capplus_024.png

Our motorization R&D is in full swing. Let's start the roll-out in 3 years!

capplus_025.png

Identical to the toy train, technology plays an important part in the watch's production.

capplus_026.png

We set up four factories, one in each city to spread the profits around.

capplus_028.png

Not liking the rise. It's $51.10 now. and 16.91% is owned by Thunder Corporation. I don't know who these guys are....but...

capplus_029.png

Eh, another one bites the dust.

capplus_030.png

Whoa, what the fuck? That did some damage to their stock price.

capplus_031.png

capplus_032.png

Wait a sec. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

capplus_034.png

Thunder Corp is a shitty corporation with no revenue nor profits. Standing at $5.39 per share, it shouldn't be too expensive to just gobble up this little fella...

capplus_046.png

capplus_049.png

capplus_050.png

:smug:

capplus_051.png

Beautiful. Now we're at 44.55% Time to start the merging...but first, let's take care of the two R&D firms from Thunder Corporation.

capplus_054.png

Ready the revolution.

capplus_056.png

Phat Group knows the game is up.

capplus_058.png

The region market sighs in despair as PCC stakes its claims on another company, the third within two years. A merger is only a matter of time, and that leaves only Memory Today as the last major player in the region.

capplus_060.png

PCC's dominance meant the CEO's holdings broke through the 5 billion value, after dipping to below 3 billion barely a year ago.

capplus_061.png

It's Christmas time, the Prestigious Codex Corporation finally breaks the 500 mil profit barrier. The world is beginning to take notice, major leaders agree that the PCC is a strategic asset in the region after only 12 years in operation. A minor blip in 1960s did slow down the corporation's growth, but now, the PCC seems unstoppable.

:rpgcodex: Bringing incline to the region since 1950.

RK47

Patron
13 - Blessed is the mind...
Music: Money

capplus_000.png

Happy new year...

capplus_002.png

I shall not falter. This entire region will be ours. None shall stand in our way. Our rise....shall be unsurpassed.

capplus_003.png

capplus_004.png

Assuming control.

capplus_005.png

Serve me, Champion of Prestige. Champion Peixoto, bring forth the blasphemous herd and convert them to our cause.

capplus_006.png

The acquired technology shall be put to good use. The scent of victory will be bottled and sold to the unwashed masses. I shall bathe in the sweet embrace of currency papers.

capplus_007.png

Welcome to the grinder...fresh meat.

capplus_009.png

This burden is only temporary, we will unshackle our true potential by bringing more into the fold.

capplus_011.png

Ahhahahaaahahah. Fledgling...what do you hope to accomplish? What CAN you accomplish?

capplus_012.png

I see the usual suspects are on the rise...they shall be dealt with, accordingly.

capplus_013.png

Impressive, Mark Kewl decides to retail his own shit, and unsurprisingly, makes more money by doing so.

capplus_014.png

They're still raking in the profit...how? No matter their end will come soon...

capplus_015.png

The pain will only be passing, we will survive the process...

capplus_016.png

Ah, more goods to flood the market with.

capplus_018.png

The unprofitable cotton industry is about to make some dollars back...

capplus_019.png

Five major factories are erected outside each city limits.

capplus_021.png

Techpriests have begun research into textile improvements.

capplus_022.png

We'll settle this debt for the debt god within this year.

capplus_023.png

Oh, what is this? It seems the newly acquired Phat Group has a major stake in Memory Today. I did not realize this earlier, the Machine God has distracted me as I attempt to refocus my inner channeling thoughts to grasp at the golden throne. Do you know what this means, my followers?

capplus_024.png

To victory. Assuming control. DEBT FOR THE DEBT GOD!

capplus_025.png

capplus_026.png

capplus_haha.png

RK47

Patron
14 - Gods Eater
Music: Exterminatus

We have arrived.

capplus_000.png

And it is now that we perform our charge.

capplus_001.png

capplus_002.png

In fealty of the Prestigious Codex Company, our undying lot, and by the grace of the Golden Throne...

capplus_003.png

I declare Exterminatus upon the insufferable corporation of Memory Today.

capplus_004.png

I hereby sign the seizure warrant on their entire corporation.

capplus_005.png

And consign millions of credits to oblivion.

capplus_006.png

May our statements account all in balance. The Prestigious protects.

capplus_007.png

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy.

capplus_008.png

It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb.

capplus_009.png

Inevitably, many shall fault the hands upon the sword which felled Memory Today, the Prestigious Codex.

capplus_011.png

But the Prestigious merely performs the duty of its office.

capplus_012.png

To further fear them is redundant. To hate them, is heretical.

capplus_014.png

Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Codex

capplus_016.png

With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Prestigious' Embrace.

capplus_017.png

Yet, ultimately, it was I who set this events into motion.

capplus_020.png

lightbane

Arcane
So, now that you have bought Memory Today, can you re-recruit Mikko again? Also, don't forget that Gaspar will probably betray you sooner or later...

Cassidy

Arcane
I tried this game.

For some reason, every time an once monopolistic product gets competition, the total demand for this product in a given city shrinks and in the game I was playing(alternate products, ~121% difficulty), I have to shuffle constantly the product types being sold in each city.

I don't really get it. Sales plummet due to this shrinking of the total demand, but the AI refuses to stop competing for a few coins and this fucks up a lot. Originally I was going with specialized stores selling one type of product in very large numbers each, but because of this strange issue, which I think that may be a bug(it makes no sense for the total demand of a product to shrink after it gets multiple companies selling it), it became a disaster.

RK47

Patron
I believe that is related to the necessity index. People don't buy the same item everyday. Think of it this way, how often do you buy a car compared to bread?

Stock up on those items with high necessity, which relies on volume for profits. While maintain a small counter for those low necessity items that gives bigger profits per sale.

Kaol

Educated
Is there anywhere that you can download Capatilism free? Can only find Cap 2.

Fun game if abit too easy.

I think you should have turned off seaports and maybe not use the stock market as it's abit broken.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Where's your Paypal RK47? How do I send you money or otherwise reward your creativity, diligentness, and skill?

RK47

Patron
Sorry guys, I'm on Windows 7 Machine and I forgot to transfer over my capitalism plus save game. and I'm pre-loading battlefield 3 and re-downloading my steam library.... :smug:

Edit: Oh shit, my dropbox folder for all the LPs I've done, too! :lol: Ehhh...this is getting tedious!

I'll try to re-download tonight.

stalker.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom