Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play...Capitalism Plus on Sale On GOG.COM!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
08 Bear with Me
Music: Rock Around the Clock

capplus_000.png

Toddy Bear may seem like a stupid product line, but if we can carve our own niche and kickstart a cotton-based industry, it's a good place to start.

capplus_001.png

The best farm for cottons are located on the extreme southwest region.. that will cost us a huge chunk of logistics expenses, but I'm willing to put up with that for that extra boost in quality.

capplus_002.png

All set! We'll start the bear production in June!

capplus_003.png

capplus_004.png

We just hit the top bread recipe. We won't be improving it further. Let's switch to cookies instead.

capplus_005.png

capplus_006.png

The KKKola undergoes a slight formula revision to improve the taste. The scientists are now diverting their effort to beer.

capplus_007.png

Scum.

capplus_008.png

After the hectic cotton planting season and setups....I'm too overwhelmed to start a grape farm. The graping will just have to wait.

capplus_009.png

On the mean time, R&D should do some work on improving the flavor.

Things are slowing down a bit.

capplus_011.png

capplus_012.png

I'm content with letting Paul setting the prices while the cottons are being grown.

capplus_013.png

After a short break, off we go! Toddy Bears are launched in major cities.

capplus_014.png

capplus_015.png

More R&D goodness. Somehow our scientist just slingshot the 2 year project in 3 months. Talk about major incline!

capplus_016.png

The cotton industry is still in its infancy, we should take advantage of our good supply of cotton by finding more use for it...

capplus_017.png

In anticipation for high-tech gadgetry, we work on refining the Electrical Components manufacturing process. With all the tech revision and product launches finished for this year, I sit back and make a call to the stock broker for an update on the market situation....

capplus_024.png

capplus_023.png

:smug: I look forward to breaking into the 5 billion club next year... *Knock knock* Hmm....come in. Oh, hello Paul, what's up?

capplus_018.png

:what:

capplus_020.png

Wait, Paul, wait a second! How about an 11 mil pay package increase, how's that sound? We need you onboard. This company needs your guidance. C'mon, Paul. Stay with me, man. There's even more bonuses if we can break 600 mil profits in...

capplus_021.png

:retarded:

What the fuck is up with him?

:x

RK47

Patron
Yeah, I don't get it, I can still rehire him at 92mil per year package....but let's LARP a bitter old boss and employee feud and see how PCC moved on without him. It's time to hunt for a new number 2. I can't bear the thought of running the company without a retail president.

The current crop is kinda shit compared to Paul, though.

capplus_000.png

Fuck you, Paul. You think I'm going to beg for you to come back? The PCC will move on without you.

capplus_001.png

Paul's leaving dealt a major blow to the PCC. Without his pricing guides and product placements, we'll have a micromanagement nightmare on our retail. There won't be enough time or brain cells left to deal with the supply chain issues as well as R&D on a daily basis. Plus, who's gonna plant the new farms and launch new products every year? This is why Wayne Enterprise hasn't collapsed yet while Bruce dons a cape, folks.

capplus_004.png

Who can replace this guy?

Option 1: Gaspar Peixoto
capplus_002.png

capplus_011.png

Gaspar Peixoto, a long term veteran in the region, is the closest we can get to Paul's level of competence, but he's still stuck with managing his own Green Stylists firm. We can try buying out his dying corporation and secure his services with our flush cash.

capplus_010.png

8 years in the industry and Green Stylist still not bringing the green. Perhaps he just can't get the goods. It's going to cost us a bomb to absorb both the company and the CEO into the PCC, but it's the most quality option we have.

Option 2: Arnold Parets
capplus_003.png

capplus_012.png

Arnold Parets, ex-CEO and owner of Capital Bright is no salesman, but his R&D expertise can really ramp our research speed up by the factor of 4. But he won't solve my retail headaches. We might, however, secure profits by massive quality increments and cutting edge innovations in the technology products. He's still attempting to invent the internet in his basement.

Option 3: Mikko Kangasoja
capplus_007.png

capplus_013.png

Mikko Kangasoja career was 'Finnish-ed' when PCC merged with his SSA corporation. He doesn't possess outstanding talents, but he has a little bit of something. Minor retail experience and somewhat competent marketing expertise, while possessing above average farming know-how to boost our crop quality. He is currently self-employed, helping his parents selling their produce off a wheat farm outside Cairo.

I'm going to sleep on this decision for a while, but I think I'm leaning towards Gaspar.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Gaspar looks smug enough, true, but shelling out 100M just to get him? Are there really no other options? Just hire that scientist dude and let him manage your shops - you wont get a huge profit increase but you wont have to manage that yourself. Plus you get the R&D bonus.

laclongquan

Arcane
Mikko is not so bad provided you retool your strategy into heavy advertising to increase your brand name(s). Consider him an interim hire. Meanwhile either M&A Green Stylist to drive Gaspar out then hire him, or wait and see.

RK47

Patron
Malakal said:
Gaspar looks smug enough, true, but shelling out 100M just to get him? Are there really no other options? Just hire that scientist dude and let him manage your shops - you wont get a huge profit increase but you wont have to manage that yourself. Plus you get the R&D bonus.

There are no other options. Unless you want this ex-Global Link bimbo to suck my cock under the table.

capplus_034.png

We won't be getting a profit increase with non-retail capable person in charge. We'll be facing decline for a bit until someone competent comes on board. If I hire Arnold, he'll just have to make do with the R&D centers while I scramble my brains adjusting retail prices all year long.

The rest of the CEOs are just too expensive. Green Stylist is going to die a short death, give it a year or so, it has zero R&D centers...hence...no technological value. LOL. I'll let it die on its own while I make do with ...umm....Mikko?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
See if Mikko is willing to work for cheap, if he isn't then give the Green Stylists some tasteful financial raping and grab Gaspar.

Cassidy

Arcane
And I thought Victoria 1 was a micromanagement Hell.

It seems you're pretty much obliged to hire a President after a certain point unless you're really into excessive micromanagement.

RK47

Patron
09 My No.2
Music: Maybe

OK, we'll run with Mikko. Let's hope he can cope with the demands.

capplus_000.png

This isn't cheap, but the massive task ahead of his commands this sort of paycheck, I guess.

capplus_001.png

Let's hand over control of all retail outlets to him.

capplus_002.png

He should also be in charge of our farms.

capplus_003.png

capplus_004.png

Auto leveled to 2. Nice.

capplus_005.png

Now I kinda regret not spending on training, since Paul's absence meant every sales team lost his leadership bonus.

capplus_006.png

It's taking shape. We have ten years to get wheels on these sands.

capplus_007.png

Fuck.

capplus_008.png

This is the only gold reserve out there? Fuck, that's 200% decline in quality. Let's hope the consumers forgive us.

capplus_011.png

It's been fun. :salute:

capplus_010.png

A new mine opens.

capplus_014.png

Our sweater tech takes the lead. It's time to branch out to chemical products to find new virgin markets.

capplus_015.png

Our Tranny cosmetics line should provide the stepping stone.

capplus_016.png

1958 draws to a close. I hope Mikko is up to his job. Profits have declined to 250 mil a year. I guess we could blame it on the gold mine.

Feb 1959
Mikko's handed in some product sales reports to review. I don't normally do this, but during Paul-era, profits are nearly 400 mil. We're hovering just above 200 mil here, let's try to find out what happened...

capplus_020.png

Looks like Maple Five is starting a little price war with our bread line...annoying.

capplus_021.png

capplus_wtf.png

Son of a bitch. This KKKola competition is starting to bleed us dry. Mikko better make sure this is a temporary situation...

capplus_022.png

capplus_023.png

The day can't get any worse, can it?

capplus_024.png

capplus_025.png

Me and my big mouth.

capplus_026.png

capplus_027.png

C'mon you bitches, it's time to pull up your socks and beat the competition to a pulp.

capplus_029.png

Chemical products like detergent can provide us with more virgin markets to rape. Within one and a half year, that is.

capplus_030.png

We now have a body for the Desert Viper. We just need an engine now...

capplus_031.png

In anticipation of the wait, we will refine our production...

capplus_032.png

The less competition, the better..

capplus_033.png

I've forgotten about launching the Grape Your Face campaign...let's hope this barley farm makes good planting for vineyards.

capplus_035.png

capplus_036.png

Yes. Die, you miserable leeches. Stop biting on the giant's bread crumbs.

capplus_037.png

More chemical products planned.

capplus_038.png

capplus_wtf2.png

It can't come any sooner...

capplus_043.png

Mikko, rape the virgins. Rape them good.

capplus_044.png

Ahhhh yes! Perfect for Toddlers. Paper factories are opened, and the diapers are rolled out, serving all toddlers in all shapes and sizes.

We didn't exactly celebrate the new year...but pulled back to 190 mil profit.

capplus_047.png

I've got over a hundred firms to check for bottlenecks this year. :(

capplus_048.png

And these numbers mean nothing to me.

capplus_049.png

capplus_050.png

I can take comfort that we're still number 1. This year is going to be a rough one. We'll trim the bills in the next update.

laclongquan

Arcane
A retail operation director is a must. The damn supply price could creep up at any moment and we really dont have attention to pay to a 50c increase.

My import partner fuck me in the butt with Rubber. All my leather shoes workshop must stop for 6 months. Luckily I still have a few in inventory.

And Santos? Isnt your farm too much? YOur Barley for example. I would have thought 4 are enough. The blue bar is barley stock at that crop land and will be lost at the next harvest if you dont get them all before.

RK47

Patron
laclongquan said:
A retail operation director is a must. The damn supply price could creep up at any moment and we really dont have attention to pay to a 50c increase.

My import partner fuck me in the butt with Rubber. All my leather shoes workshop must stop for 6 months. Luckily I still have a few in inventory.

And Santos? Isnt your farm too much? YOur Barley for example. I would have thought 4 are enough. The blue bar is barley stock at that crop land and will be lost at the next harvest if you dont get them all before.

:oops: Yes, I was overexpanding due to the 360 mil profit shit, i thought i was going to flood the whole region in yellow liquid. It's ok man. I'll just have to switch to different crops.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I thought that a new President with smaller stats will demand smaller pay. How disappointing. He really isnt worth 90+ mil.

lightbane

Arcane
capplus_025.png

:lol: :lol: So, that's the true reason he left the company. What a traitorous bitch. Let's hope you'll eventually absorb his company and punish him accordingly.

RK47

Patron
Malakal said:
I thought that a new President with smaller stats will demand smaller pay. How disappointing. He really isnt worth 90+ mil.

I could be wrong, but relative to the size of your corporation, I think the bigger you are, the more pay they will demand from you. But it still doesn't explain why Paul is willing to rejoin for 92 mil earlier.
Well, fuck it. I'll trim bills when I get back and hopefully we'll be back on the 400mil annual profits soon.
But I'm not optimistic. The reduction in sales staff level from 6 to 2 is a little bit massive. I think the sales staff rank really determines how effective they are at selling the product, and the reason behind the massive decline in profits.

And yes, hiring these presidents is like funding future Talibans against your corp. They're 200 mil richer by the end of 2nd year, that it's tempting enough to start their own companies.
But if you look at his company specialization it's 'Stock'. So he'll probably trade stocks and will be quite troublesome and unprofitable to take over.

Weekend is coming, I can't wait for the 12 hour marathon... :/

RK47

Patron
I just killed my left mouse button again. :O

I need to be more gentle with the clicks...

10 - Wise Men Say...

Music: Stand By Me

capplus_000.png

I'm surrounded by jackals...

capplus_001.png

It's time to trim the fats and let the desert lion loose upon the hapless herds once more!

capplus_006.png

Should I just populate the whole Pittsburgh with our malls?

capplus_008.png

The Wine misses its launch - again.

But we still have this!
capplus_009.png

capplus_010.png

The chemical product research is in full swing.

capplus_012.png

Time to crank out the Valine - Princess in Peril cosmetics. PCC secures the mine with best quality and quantity - naturally.

capplus_013.png

I also attempted to source for any existing oil well, finding none operational, PCC erects its own.

capplus_014.png

PCC sets up four factories in Mid 1960s to crank out new, never seen before female cosmetics, dubbed the 'eye shadow'

capplus_015.png

We're on track....

capplus_016.png

However, our R&D is unable to focus their product research to higher form of steel construct. We'll have to make do with these...watches.

capplus_017.png

I feel like a complete fool. My prediction was completely wrong, Green Stylists continues to challenge for the 2nd best retailer in the region and who can say that Gaspar isn't succeeding now? He's raking in 36 mil net profit with just 10 firms! We have ten times the firm and is unable to quadruple his bottom line...I need this man. NOW.

capplus_018.png

Motherfucker. Could've sworn it was $10.00 last year...fuck it. I can't wait any longer. Let's start the buying.

capplus_019.png

Now to wait till it drops back to 30 and...

capplus_020.png

Oh, fuck you, Gaspar. Stop expanding, you're only making it harder!

capplus_021.png

capplus_023.png

MOAR chem products. This time detergent. Four factories are set up and all draw from the same mine and oil well.

capplus_022.png

We should expand our children's toy repertoire. This toy requires steel components, the perfect starter product for our steel industry alongside watches.

capplus_024.png

Mikko is piling up his cash. I get the feeling he's getting ready to bolt...profits are climbing back up to 220 mil, but it's nothing compared to Paul's 400 mil era.

capplus_025.png

Goddamit, Gaspar's getting further out of my reach...it's...it's making me RAGE! WHO SAID HE WAS TOO EXPENSIVE EARLIER?

capplus_026.png

capplus_027.png

capplus_0dd.png

You know what?

capplus_ddd.png

Fuck this shit. GET OUT. LEAVE. SEE IF I CARE!

capplus_028.png

capplus_029.png

capplus_030.png

NO. YOU'RE MINE.

capplus_031.png

capplus_032.png

capplus_033.png

capplus_034.png

capplus_035.png

capplus_dd2.png

WHAT NOW BITCHES?

capplus_041.png

Shit.

capplus_042.png

I'm doing the right thing, right? Right?

capplus_043.png

capplus_044.png

It is done...

1961 - the PCC shares took a nose dive as a record loan was issued by the central world bank, totaling at 359 million. Investors were spooked and unsure whether to hold on for dear life or run for the woods. A merger announcement with Green Stylists was declared, and Gaspar Peixoto was brought on-board the PCC almost immediately. His asking price?

capplus_045.png

'Only' 54.8 mil per year. But Capitalist Peak by Andhaira's General Discussions Publishing's recent article dubbed the rising retail star the 'Billion Dollar Man' and chuckles at the insanity of money in the region.

:retarded:

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
This seems like one of those rage-inducing games that you can never "win."

You get to a point where you need to hire help in order to keep the game going at anything but a crawl, and two years after you hire the guy, he leaves and starts his own business, leaving you with plummeting profits and having to repeat the cycle.

I don't see how you can go on.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
THIS IS MADNESS, you fool you will bring us all down! Assemble the board of directors immediately, this needs to stop!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom