Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play...Capitalism Plus on Sale On GOG.COM!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
05 Greed is Good
Music: Neighbor, Neighbor

Let's tour our newly acquired assets, shall we?

capplus_000.png

capplus_003.png

The only source of gold in this region is ours. The mine will see more activity soon.

Next, their R&D centers...
capplus_001.png

SSA was planning something big...a tech-bomb on the bread product within 4 year. I have to thank their CEO for thinking so far ahead, it's almost like we're made for each other.

capplus_004.png

Hmmm...wait, what is 'CPU'?

capplus_001.png

This could be exciting. Unlocking the first high tech product will give us unsurpassed lead over everyone. (As if the PCC isn't already dominating with baked products and gold!)

capplus_006.png

I still don't understand why the former SSA CEO refuses to increase jewelry output. There's a clear demand for it. We'll fix that, but we won't be doing external retailing. Every gold will go through the PCC malls only.

capplus_007.png

PCC expands the jewelry manufacturing business, building a factory in almost every city.

capplus_008.png

We're challenging for complete control of the jewelry trade. But there's a slight issue with the previous owner's agreement.

capplus_009.png

They actually had an agreement to supply Memory Today with Jewelry in Kuwait. The law says we can't cancel agreements...but we can change the price! :smug: If we charge them $900.00 per piece on that particular factory, that would leave them with a pittance for the margin. Sorry, Ms. Nicholson, no more bling bling for your store.

capplus_010.png

Profits are climbing, the PCC can start easing its massive debt after the merger.

capplus_011.png

The small timers are closing shops.

capplus_012.png

The PCC R&D department completes their mattress prototype. We'll be marketing this shortly once the jewelry setup is complete.

capplus_013.png

We might be late to the party, but we have the sugar to spare, so let's make a shot for cola next. We're planning for a simultaneous launch of with the PCC beer next year, both using the same aluminum material for its packaging. (Less wastage of a mine)

capplus_014.png

The specially assigned jewelry factory to Memory Today reports decreased sales. The Factory plant manager recommends drastic price cuts but really, it's all working according to plan. Soon, no one will buy from that factory. Leaving only us, the PCC with complete control of the jewelry trade.

capplus_015.png

I should be worried, they had a jump on the CPU tech. But can Concept Bright really capitalize or are they just masturbating over discoveries? Perhaps I should buy them over...

capplus_016.png

capplus_017.png

What's wrong, Ms. Nicholson?

capplus_018.png

The PCC continues its debt repayment scheme, the banks see their gamble paying off and offers more and more credit in the light of the PCC's meteoric rise.

capplus_019.png

Sensing more demand for cookies, another plant is build at Baghdad.

capplus_021.png

Ah, a slight improvement on jewelry manufacturing technology. Thank you, SSA.

capplus_022.png

We'll be doing improvements on a 2-year basis to avoid over-spending on upgrading the factories.

capplus_023.png

Prestigious comfort arrives in Middle East. There's no doubt we'll be launching our timber-line of products coming next year.

capplus_024.png

The PCC clears its loan completely.

capplus_025.png

The blue bar indicates supply. The absence of red bar means...there's no demand. You know what means.

capplus_027.png

The PCC open a logging camp. Lack of quality timber can be a problem, but as long we can improve the tech, there should be no issue with marketing the goods, especially with complete monopoly on our side.

capplus_028.png

capplus_029.png

Prestigious comfort, ready to be delivered to every Middle East homes!

capplus_030.png

More decadent products introduced. Shining Stars may be on to something here.

capplus_032.png

I still can't figure out how Memory Today manage to survive until now. 11 malls 1 R&D and 3 farms? Really? If I could just somehow buy over all of their suppliers and cut it..I might kill them completely. They're the 2nd most profitable company in this region.

capplus_033.png

A very distant 2nd, that is. I'm starting to have management nightmares, and perhaps I would need to hire a president to manage the malls while I concentrate on the manufacturing side of the business.

capplus_boss.png
capplus_and.png

Barely 5 years after its inception, the PCC rose to control 30 firms over the region, absorbing the SSA. Who's next?

Q&A Session with the Chairman & CEO through Andhaira.

Q: You've taken a huge risk in the merger with SSA, why and how did this come about?
A: I was actually planning to profit from their rise by selling their shares, but it never did! (Laughs) By then, we already have quite a sizable stake in their company, (10%) and I thought, what the hell, if their CEO can't maximize their edge, I'll do it myself.

Q: We've received reports that your products are for internal sales. Meaning it can only be sold though your own firms, can you explain why this is so?
A: Coming from an import beginnings, I can see the advantage in having someone else worry about the sales and marketing our goods, but the issue with a production-focused corporation is that you're letting someone else profit from all your hard work. All that R&D, sowing of crops, turning it into flour and finally baking process - and you earn fifty cents for every bread I sell to you? Moreover, if they don't like my prices, they can simply go elsewhere. I can't have that kind of reliance to others in my company which is why we move away from import in the first place.

Q: Some of the consumers have expressed great demands on your products, but what do you have to say of accusation of price gouging?
A: I think that's selfish, and completely uncalled for. You see, all this money is going back into R&D of new products, as well as production of these new, never before seen products in the Middle East. Believe me when I tell you if I had sold these bread at fifty cents less you wouldn't enjoy high quality jewelry in all 5 major cities or even a bed by now. All that R&D funds have to come from somewhere. The people need to realize when they buy my high price, high quality products, they're making the availability of new products in the region possible for future generations to come. Who knows, one day we'll have automobiles, just like the in the west and that's because you paid $900.00 for PCC's finest gold jewelry.

Q: Comments on your competition? Which is better and why? Discuss!
A: (Laughs) That is a very inane question. But really, they're not maximizing their potential and it makes me really sad. We'll just have to show them how it's done. (Grins)

Q: You mean a future acquisition is in the plans?
A: Not so soon, Andy! Sure, we've seen some promising developments in the new products field and we want their tech expertise. I've had feedback from my advisers keeping tabs on their tech developments. We're definitely keeping a close watch, but at the moment, this year's schedule will be full with our new product launch.

Q: Isn't all this buying of competition bad for business, you're depriving others of opportunities -
A: Now just wait a second, towel head! Can't you see how slow these guys are? By letting them mismanage all these new products, I'm giving them an opportunity to screw the region.

Q: But it all adds up.
A: Not fast enough. If you really want to make a difference, want to change the system instead of just patching it, you've got to step into the sunlight. Take over, like we did. I'm afraid that's all the time I have for today, Mr. Andhaira.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You've got the cash. I say you buy out Concept Bright and seize their IP before they actually start raising their stock value.

RK47

Patron
Vaarna_Aarne said:
You've got the cash. I say you buy out Concept Bright and seize their IP before they actually start raising their stock value.

I was thinking of that, this LP will switch over to 'no pausing' rule henceforth to reflect the growing challenge of managing a big business. If the human player if forced to contend with limited time with huge amounts of information, they usually flounder in the face of the AI Competition.

My prediction is I will be too busy setting up the barley farms and aluminum mine to kick start the PCC Beer industry. I was actually planning to launch it much earlier, but completely went over the sowing season deadline as the bread and cookies as well as SSA industries took up most of my attention.

But yes, I agree. Concept Bright is actually a viable purchase, 4 years worth of IPs. We're putting the EA in Middle EAst. :smug:

eklektyk

Erudite
RK47 said:
Distiled Awesomness :smug:

Damn, U made me want to REplay it Again ....
actually this have potential to bring me froem AURORA binge soe Thanks :salute:

ps. go kkkrazy and buy competition till u go broke or sumfin :M

RK47

Patron
06 Golden Showers
Music: Splish Splash

capplus_000.png

Alright! This time I'm not missing the planting season. But my schedules kinda busy with all these planned takeovers, factory openings. I'm going to need some help to ease the daily workload.

An ad was posted in the daily paper...
capplus_jobad.png

Nearly a week later at PCC's Cairo HQ...

capplus_boss.png
Good morning, Mr...
capplus_paul.png
Paul Gates. Please, call me Paul, Mr Santos.
capplus_boss.png
It's very nice to have you with us, we've shortlisted most of the candidates in the market and your name comes on top. So let's take a look at your dossier first, shall we?
capplus_paul.png
Of course, sir!

capplus_001.png

capplus_boss.png
According to your resume, you really know your stuff with retail biz as well as marketing ads.

capplus_002.png

capplus_boss.png
You seem capable, able to adapt to most retail demands, even willing to layoff workers when times are bad, and purchase goods from other firms as long as it deliver the goods.
capplus_paul.png
Sir, I can guarantee the best in retail management, I'm the best there is the market right now and you know it.
capplus_boss.png
Yes, Paul. I know. But here comes the most dangerous question of all: are you a fag?
capplus_paul.png
Huh, what? No!
capplus_boss.png
Congratulations, Mr. Gates. Sign here. You can call me boss once you do so. *Pushes the contract towards Paul*
capplus_003.png

capplus_paul.png
:retarded:
capplus_boss.png
Once you're finished drooling over the contract papers...please peruse your daily responsibilities and get started. Immediately.

capplus_004.png

capplus_005.png

All of PCC's malls comes under control of the new prez immediately. Basically, Paul will be in charge of matching the prices and ads while I will busy myself with the goods sourcing and manufacturing. Paul can change products as necessary, but he can't build his own malls. That decision will have to come from me.

capplus_008.png

With Paul's help, I freed myself some time to monitor the stocks market.

capplus_010.png

R&D is still under my charge.

capplus_015.png

Time to introduce some footwear to the market.

capplus_017.png

A sheep ranch is started to bring in the supply of wool outside most cities.

capplus_018.png

capplus_023.png

A little bit of recipe tweaking before the beverages are ready to be launched.

capplus_019.png

We'll revise the formula every 2 years to keep the quality up.

capplus_020.png

Baghdad gets another dept. store to market these woolen goons.

capplus_021.png

Paul is only too happy to oblige.

capplus_022.png

His sales and purchasing division is automatically leveled up to six upon hiring. This guy is really worth the money!

capplus_026.png

35% percent ownership and climbing. Concept Bright isn't going anywhere...

capplus_027.png

Huh. Ion industries is really aiming for the automobile huh...

capplus_031.png

Snap!

capplus_033.png

capplus_039.png

Concept Bright tech expertise is absorbed into the PCC. The newly acquired assets are due for an inspection, but I have my hands full with the launch of the beverage products on four cities.

capplus_040.png

First, we acquire an aluminum mine to provide the material for packaging.

capplus_041.png

Then we open the taps on every city. With one factory each for cola and beer!

capplus_042.png

Paul's welcoming the new products with open hands.

capplus_044.png

Son of a bitch. They're fast! OK. So I'm done with the factory launches on all five cities, let's review the newly acquired assets...

capplus_046.png

Wow. What a shit management.

capplus_047.png

????? Whatever.

capplus_049.png

OK. We're branching into winery in two years.

capplus_050.png

The newly acquire CPU manufacturing won't really stand on its own. We don't have any final product to market to the consumer. I suppose Electrical Components is a good investment if we want to go electronic products in the future.

capplus_051.png

Okay. I can afford to relax a bit...I think...

capplus_052.png

Loans are cleared...and I'm due for a vacation.

capplus_055.png

Or am I? What the fuck happened? Where does this decline come from?

:rpgcodex:

RK47

Patron
07 Stop the Decline
Music: Save the Last Dance for Me
capplus_000a.png

Okay. Deep breaths...you're managing over 50 firms in a span of 6 years. There's gotta be a chink in the armor. Something you completely overlook that caused this 100m black hole. Time to call Paul for a meeting.

capplus_boss.png
Paul, we need to talk.
capplus_paul.png
Hey, boss, same here. Have you seen the annual product reports?
capplus_boss.png
Eh?

capplus_001.png

capplus_paul.png
Our flour-based products are dropping in sales. And that's not because of my prices, the demand's still there. Something's jammed the supply chain.
capplus_boss.png
Fuck.

capplus_000.png

capplus_boss.png
This isn't right, Paul. Why is there only one wheat provider in the whole region and it's not ours? What happened to our farm?
capplus_paul.png
I really don't know, boss. I'm only on retail side, remember?

Okay. So maybe it burned down while I was playing stock market...and was too busy to notice. It's been half a year since our wheat supply went to zero, taking 50% of our profit with it...

capplus_002.png

I suppose converting this sugar farm into wheat will help us recover the losses and restart the production.

capplus_003.png

I gotta seize the moment, we've got the edge on wool product, I shouldn't be chickening out. The flour shortage was a minor setback. I've got other products to push to the market, I quickly placed a wool ranch in every city, paired with a factory to pump out socks and sweaters. That should generate some profits. Don't get too demoralized.

capplus_004.png

Sigh, this is still a dead end tech. We don't know what to do with these components..

capplus_005.png

You know what? Let's go crazy. Let's race those bastards to the automobile!

capplus_006.png

In case anyone wondered how I could stand clicking so many times to setup a farm, there's a library of templates you can save and just toss a blueprint to every farm or factory or whatever firm you set up to clone in every city. It's THAT simple.

capplus_007.png

That's right, sheeps. GIMME YOUR WOOL. Check out the 100 mil profits...we're Baaaa-ck in business.

capplus_008.png

Great. More bling.

capplus_009.png

Uh....ok. I'll market this once my multitasking time permits.

capplus_010.png

We need to stop thinking small. All this little product niches are starting to clutter our R&D without much output. It's time to leap to the future.

capplus_011.png

In anticipation to massive metal works in 5 years time, we're going for steel tech research.

capplus_012.png

Another one bites the dust.

capplus_013.png

OK, who let Pete Hines in the R&D?

capplus_015.png

I know I've got the cash and profits back to pre-flour shortage levels...but most of the firms are unattractive for buying. 7 years since inception and all you can sell are basic eggs, pork and ice cream? Have some pride, man!

capplus_016.png

Beverage Formula revision complete. Scheduling another update in two years.

capplus_017.png

I kept thinking, if we're going for silicon based products in the future, there's no harm in securing our own Silica deposits...and make use of it to make glass bottles to fill milk with!

capplus_018.png

capplus_019.png

Five milking ranches and bottling plants later....

capplus_020a.png

capplus_sup.png

:smug: Looks like we stopped the decline...

capplus_paul.png
Boss, have you seen the latest profit reports?!
capplus_boss.png
Yes, Paul. We tripled our profits from 1955. *Puffs smoke from cigar and sips on a glass of milk*
capplus_paul.png
Yeah, about that...I uh...can I...can I have a raise?

capplus_020.png

capplus_boss.png
Whoa.....hang on, Mua'dib.. I need to think about this.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Damn, those greedy presidents. Almost 1/3 of the profit? Its fucking nuts! Fire him and find someone else.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Each update leaves me wanting moar!

Fire that bitch. Who the hell asks for a doubled salary in two(?) years? He is already making 1/6th of your annual profit as it is.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Destroy him. And by that I mean hit him with a steel chair and then drown him in milk.

Also, why haven't you set up new wheat farms?

And wouldn't it be easier to use low salary presidents to look after the farms?

RK47

Patron
capplus_mag.png

Q & A Sessions and DISCUSS!
With
capplus_and.png
and
capplus_boss.png

capplus_and.png
As-Salamu Alaykum, Mr Santos. How are you today?
capplus_boss.png
Couldn't be better, Andy!
capplus_and.png
Yes, there's probably 300 million reasons why are you are very pleased right now.
capplus_boss.png
You hit the nail on the head, Andy? Drinks? *Pops a can of KKKola.*
capplus_and.png
Thank you. Now lets start with the questions, shall we?
capplus_boss.png
Take your time, Andy. I have the time.

Q: What happened in 1956 that made you hire Paul Gates? And can he be blamed for the missing 100 mil in annual profit?
A: I can tell you that he's responsible for at least half of that due to his salary. (Laughs) But on a more serious note, it's not his mistake that led to the loss of profits. It was mine alone. I got so caught up in the launching of Avellone Beer and KKKola that I forgot to replace the wheat farms.

Q: So you solved the problem?
A: Yeah, I've converted 2-3 of our sugar and barley farms to wheat crops. They have similar climate requirements and should ease the shortage in no time.

Q: OK, the 250 million increase in profits. Nobody expected THAT kind of incline. What triggered it?
A: Virgin markets. I could name at least 5 products we got the first slice of the cake...and that's worth at least 50 mil per year if you can keep the supply exclusive to yourself. Cookies, Beer, Socks, Sweaters, Bed, even SSA's and Concept Bright's Chocolate Bars and Ice Cream contribute to the major incline. With Paul monitoring the retail prices, it leaves me free to source for new goods and manufacture by the country side. I would've paused many times in 1956 if it wasn't for Paul.

Q: Rumors claim Paul demand a double salary increase, is this true?
A: I can't confirm that. But I think the numbers speak for themselves, yeah? Within 2 years of joining the company, he revamped the retail side and trained the staff to levels of expertise that would've taken 6 years of funding and hard work to get to. If that's not worth his salary, then I don't know what is.

Dismissing him now would be a mistake, retail is where we add the final value to the product and is the most sensitive to change. We can't provide the products with our own consumers. It's gotta come from the heart, and Paul's got the keys to unlock these people's hearts. Besides, a 50 million cure for my headache is worth every penny.

Q: Magnificent. Would you like to discuss your future plans?
A: Absolutely. You may have noticed our Avellone Beer ads and KKKola marketing push, but that's just the beginning. Look out for our classic Toddy Bear range, due in 1958, as well as some vintage Wine grown in Middle East. We're making great strides in computing tech as well, but haven't found the right consumer goods to slap the chips on. But it's going to change everything. We swear.

Q: And speculation of automobiles coming in 1970s to the Middle East?
A: Is greatly mistaken. We're bringing it in by 1960s. :smug: Insya-Allah, baby.

Q: Are you willing to DISCUSS your competition now, since one of them has bit the dust recently...
A: I have the time, OK, so..let's talk about the no.2, shall we? Memory Today.

capplus_mt.png

13 Dept Stores, ONE factory, TWO R&D centres and SIX farms? I'm sorry, but where's the innovation? Stop living in the past. The people deserve more refined products. And they're basically leeching off other supplies providers! Over half of their sold products are supplied by external companies, hence poor quality control and unstable supply chain.

Q: Isn't this the spirit of cooperation, that allows more firms to survive and flourish, instead of literally killing each other?
A: Sure, and there's a pot of gold at the end of rainbow, Andy. I'll leave Memory Today for now. They have no core competence that interests me, believe me when I say if Paul is in charge of Memory Today, he would be contributing to the decline in the region instead.

Q: Understood. What about future firm acquisitions?
A: No, no, no. We've absorbed two firms as it is. And we're doing fine integrating their tech into ours, but some projects have been of questionable nature. Our R&D is due for a slight tweak in the near future. I want to keep it tight and focused for now. There's no point in buying ideas when we don't act upon it.

RK47

Patron
Found stickied near the stairs leading up to Todd's janitorial...err..office at the Bethesda division in Cairo.

obYLn.jpg

RK47

Patron
Bloom wasn't invented until 2000.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom