Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh man it's great to have companions in this grim darkness, wonder if they make it all the way into the city.

Or will this ranger not be so noble when night sets in...

lightbane

Arcane
So, did you recover all of your gear?

12.jpg

Gotta love Dnd's aligment. "KILLING IS BAD, EXCEPT IF THEY'RE EVIL, THEN IT'S TOTALLY OK!!!"

Curious that you receive Lawful points instead of Good ones for killing these bandits.

I try to fend it off. For a couple of minutes we tumble around, the mastiff jumping up on me then again sniffing my groin, trying to get its head between my legs. Finally it seems to give up, though it stays close by my side, wiggling its short tail and glancing up at me.

:what:

Hey, look at that Bioware, this was done YEARS ago and yet it's more mature than your Dragon Age :P

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
lightbane said:
So, did you recover all of your gear?

Yes, I did.

Our search for more hostiles within the castle proved fruitless, the halls are cleared, and I've recovered my belongings in a locked chest. It's time to clean the ramparts.

All gears recovered on the second floor. It's inside the leader's room. I didn't screenshot it. This game's quite fair with loss of inventory. More often than not, what you've lost can be regained, so long as you don't give up searching for it. Next update, the Princess returns to Betancuria, having completed all of her seven lessons.

Drakron

Arcane
lightbane said:
Gotta love Dnd's aligment. "KILLING IS BAD, EXCEPT IF THEY'RE EVIL, THEN IT'S TOTALLY OK!!!"

Curious that you receive Lawful points instead of Good ones for killing these bandits.

*sigh*

Look the alignment system takes a lot of crap not because it deserves it but because either people have a agenda (dont like the notion of a absolute moral compass) or because its missued.

In this case its misused, alignment shifts should never happen as long the player plays a consistent character with the chosen alignment and even if he does not it should really take some consistent out of alignment behavior for the shift to happen, a CE character does not became CG because he pets cats.

And I am FUCKING TIRED of explaining this.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
If you have to keep explaining it, maybe the system sucks? Easiest possible answer.

I like the dog. Do you get to keep it?

Awor Szurkrarz said:
I'm not very fond of extreme stuff, especially snuff. What I find most interesting in that topic is the... pain of a sexually abused/raped girl. Preferably limited to emotional pain, not some kind of hardcore beating.
I thought you may know more movies on this topic.

Oh, uhm. I don't enjoy those kinds of films, so I avoid them as a rule. Irreversible is supposed to be pretty heavy, but I've never seen it. Don't know of any others.

Awor Szurkrarz said:
Anyway, how do you rate the mod compared to the movie? Does it provoke similar feelings in you?

Not remotely. Lilya is impactful because it treats its subject matter with realism and respect, and is a very unremitting but accurate portrayal of the reality of human trafficking.
This mod is exploitation schlock that writes itself beneath the level of being taken seriously right into the level of being either just uncomfortable or so implausible it can't be taken seriously.

Black Cat

Magister
Brother None said:
I like the dog. Do you get to keep it?

You lose it when you return to Betancuria. There's a way to keep it but it's more of a secret bonus or easter egg than an actual gameplay choice.

Drakron

Arcane
Brother None said:
If you have to keep explaining it, maybe the system sucks? Easiest possible answer.

The system completely relies on DM judgement, there are little rules about alignment shift and those rules are about magical artifacts and also only present on said magical artifacts descriptions.

The complain that was voiced was "Curious that you receive Lawful points instead of Good ones for killing these bandits" but a alignment shift does not have points to gain or lose and only some cRPGs using D&D rules have incorporated such system, its a complain about a mechanic that simply does not exist in the D&D rules.

Its pretty much just a DM call, its enforced because of some class mechanics requires and it does requires doing a judgement call on how a character is being played as, when it comes with classes its also piss easy to do (no, the Paladin will not sneak into the house and poison the wine barrel ... without falling) and outside its very much a non-issue (unless the player is unable to maintain character consistence and still, they were rarely effected by a shift).

I also point out I only BOTHER to explain when actual mechanics are involved, most complains about it seem to be about the very notion of Alignment by itself, a lot like people that complain about AC and then proceed to created overall complicated "realistic" systems that end up producing the exact same results as AC.

Cassidy

Arcane
You should have opened this with the module editor and renamed Vico as "Bethesda" and named the PC as "Fallout"

As for the other rapist NPCs: then you would've treated them as the TES modding community

:M

RK47

Patron
Chapter 19: The Barrows

We return to the abandoned inn and rest. The mastiff refused to leave my side throughout the night, standing guard as I sleep. Contrary to my expectations of men so far, Anden did not try anything that night.

01.jpg

02.jpg

It's past midnight when we are ready to resume our journey. As planned, Anden will take the front guard, with the mastiff close behind him. I shall support them from the back with my crossbow.

03.jpg

A small pack of wolves assault us as we make our way through the forest, Anden and the mastiff made short work of them.

an.jpg
That poor wolf was half starved.

Anden sadly shakes his head.

LP Comment: Hey, animal empathy could've charmed those 'poor wolves' to our side! But I guess dual short sword of wolf-butchering works, too.

ai.jpg
These woods are full of wolves.

The mastiff growls at the dead wolf.

an.jpg
And full of poachers who hunt all the game. Thus the wolves do not find enough prey and attack travelers, something they normally wouldn't ever do. These are hard times indeed.

LP Comment: Next, on Betancuria Geographic - A Dance with Bears

Anden sighs at the wolves' carcass and moved on. Clearly the man takes his role as a ranger seriously.

an.jpg
We only have to follow the road just a little bit farther. The entrance to the barrow's at the base of a small hill.
ai.jpg
Okay, let's go.

He nods. The mastiff starts sniffing the ground around me.

an.jpg
Hm. Looks like your dog has gotten wind of something.
ai.jpg
Oh! Do you smell anything?

The mastiff lifts his head and looks at me, then trots up to me and starts licking me between my legs.

ai.jpg
Eeks! Bad dog!
an.jpg
Uh...

Anden quickly averts his eyes.

ai.jpg
Stop that!

I fend the dog off. Finding me uncooperative, the mastiff barks, then looks at Anden, then runs off, sniffing the nearest tree.

an.jpg
Uhm...*He glances at the mastiff.* Does he do that often?
ai.jpg
I'm not sure. He has only been with me a short while.
an.jpg
You shouldn't let him do that...

Anden shakes his head.

ai.jpg
Yes, it's very embarrassing.
an.jpg
I can imagine.

We continue on, and found the barrow Anden spoke of without too much trouble.

04.jpg

an.jpg
This is it. As far as I know, centuries ago, a mighty warrior and leader of his clan was buried under this hill. Later, druids used to come to the barrow in order to pray to their old Gods. But these times are long gone. Nowadays the barrow stands empty.

LP Comment: Old God? Eh heh..no. Don't worry. It won't happen.

The mastiff sniffs the ground with great interest. I pay it no heed.

ai.jpg
The barrow was plundered?
an.jpg
More than once, I would say. I've been here over a dozen times and never did I find anything. But that also means that we should be safe inside.
ai.jpg
Okay.
an.jpg
Once we're down there, we need to head south. The caverns are large, it will take us a couple of hours before we reach the canyon's south rim.
ai.jpg
Okay, let's be off.

05.jpg

We enter the barrow. My eyes took their time to adjust to the darkness. Something flickers at a distance.

06.jpg

Torches? What..are those? Monsters! The goblins screamed in surprise and charged en masse. Anden and the mastiff held the line and slaughtered the little pests one by one.

07.jpg

As the corpses pile and the noise died down, Anden spits.

an.jpg
I cannot believe it. That looked like a whole goblin tribe decided to settle into the barrow.
ai.jpg
I've never seen a goblin before.
an.jpg
They are pests! They've never dared to come this far to the south. I really need to make a report to my guild. And soon.

08.jpg

We took some moments to loot the corpses for anything valuable. Finding very little. These goblins are poorly equipped with rusty weapons. I took a spare torch and went ahead. The mastiff has been following on my heels ever since we've entered deeper into the barrows. Now, I catch a glimpse of something he's holding between his fangs. An arm! A goblin arm!

ai.jpg
Ack! Where did you get that from?

He drops the arm at my feet and barks!

ai.jpg
I'm not interested in that stupid arm!

Anden glances at the arm.

an.jpg
He must've picked that up from in the big room we've passed.
ai.jpg
Yes, probably.
an.jpg
Goblins are known to sometimes eat their own kind. And that arm doesn't exactly look...fresh.

LP Comment: More Betancuria Geographics.

ai.jpg
You've got a really bad taste! Bad dog!
an.jpg
Let's leave the arm here.

Anden picks up the arm and throws it off in the direction we've come from. The mastiff snarls at Anden, clearly not amused that his toy was taken away from him, but fortunately doesn't run after it.

09.jpg

We move deeper into the caverns.

10.jpg

A pack of bats assaulted us. We fend them off and slay them bloodily.

an.jpg
Hm. This is actually the first time I've seen those bats become aggressive.
ai.jpg
I guess they didn't like us walking through their territory.
an.jpg
I don't know. Do you have any open wounds?
ai.jpg
Just a couple of scratches.
an.jpg
You see, some wild animals get in a frenzy when they smell the blood of other creatures. It is also why female members of my guild do not venture out into the woods on their own during their bleeding.
ai.jpg
Oh, I see.

LP Comment: That's...interesting, Anden. Yeah. That time of the month. Uh huh.

an.jpg
Well, let us go on. I do not remember seeing any other bats in the cavern so we should be safe.

He gives me a reassuring smile as the cavern passage leads upward.

11.jpg

an.jpg
We're almost there. You hold yourself very well.
ai.jpg
Thank you.
an.jpg
I really mean it. You're a brave young lady.

I beam a smile at him. Somehow, I trust Anden. He doesn't have a playful nature about him, always serious about his ranger's responsibility, yet I know his intention is good. He cares. My dog circles around me as we finish talking, then starts sniffing his way up to my legs, to my crotch.

ai.jpg
No! That's not good! Bad dog!
an.jpg
DOWN, DOG!

Anden's voice has a commanding voice to it I haven't heard before. The dog reluctantly obeys, longingly glancing at my thighs. Anden shakes his head.

an.jpg
I have to say, this dog is really intent on, uhm, well...

He clears his throat.

ai.jpg
I know. He's a bit obsessed.
an.jpg
It might be a good idea to consider having your dog neutered.

LP Comment: ....Okayyyy....

ai.jpg
That sounds like a good idea, yes.

Anden sharply glances at the dog.

an.jpg
Don't do that again. Understood?

LP Comment: You no touch Jane. Tarzan no like.

The dog lays back its ears and makes a mixture between a snarl and whimper at Anden.

an.jpg
I hope he has understood it this time. Let us move on now, M'lady.

Getting close now...I pick up the pace and dash forward only to find...

12.jpg

A bear. It roars at me, I turned to get behind Anden. Its great claw swung at my back.

13.jpg

ai.jpg
Agh!

14.jpg

That's going to leave a mark. I turn around and threw my bag of caltrops at the bear's feet before drawing my crossbow. Then, I took my aim before firing.

14a.jpg

15.jpg

It was a good hit. With a loud thud, my quarry drops to the floor. Anden turned around and nod in appreciation.

16.jpg

an.jpg
First all the starving wolves, then the goblin tribe, and now a brown bear...

He shakes his head.

ai.jpg
I don't think I like wild animals a lot.
an.jpg
It is very unusual to find these wild creatures this close to the road, and Betancuria. It is almost as if something drives them south.
ai.jpg
What could that be?
an.jpg
Who could say. *He shrugs.* In any case, we rangers will have to investigate this.

We resume our journey and were relieved to see light at the end of the passage. The sound of pouring rain greet us as we emerge.

17.jpg

We're getting closer to home.

The Thin Man

Novice
Did you try investigating when "the mastiff sniffs the ground with great interest"?

PHAT LEWT!!

RK47

Patron
The Thin Man said:
Did you try investigating when "the mastiff sniffs the ground with great interest"?

PHAT LEWT!!

i didn't try that. hmmm maybe i shd reload and see.

Drakron

Arcane
My dog circles around me as we finish talking, then starts sniffing his way up to my legs, to my crotch.

... Well, I suppose necrophilia is next on the list?

RK47

Patron
I don't know. Do they practice this sort of thing in Medieval times? Isn't it against a Ranger code or something to castrate a healthy dog?

RK47

Patron
Chapter 20: Welcome to The Family

an.jpg
Now we only need to follow the path up and the trail to the west. We should reach the road within a quarter of an hour, at most.

I nod and begin to climb.

01.jpg

an.jpg
See, there's the road. We can follow it to Betancuria now.
ai.jpg
That's good.

02.jpg

True enough, we've gotten across the collapsed bridge.

an.jpg
So, M'lady, you still haven't told me what had brought you to that castle?
ai.jpg
I'm on my way back to Betancuria, I live there.
an.jpg
May I be so bold as to ask what is it that you're doing for a living?
ai.jpg
I'm a kitchen girl.
an.jpg
Really? But what are you doing in the woods, all by yourself?
ai.jpg
I was on a boat trip on the river...I was washed overboard during last night's thunderstorm.
an.jpg
Then I thank the gods that they saved you. The river is treacherous this season. Let us go on.

LP Comment: 2 Chaotic points for bluffing Anden. Lawl.

03.jpg

The trail is easy to follow. But behind the small ruined walls, I spot an animal approaching us. A larger wolf, perhaps?

04.jpg

05.jpg

The animal knows no fear and lunged at us, only to meet its end at the hands of Anden's blades.

an.jpg
A worg! That's not good at all.

I eye the dead beast warily, why is there so many hostile animals in the forest?

an.jpg
There might be other beasts lurking in the shadows. We should patrol this area to make sure it's safe.
ai.jpg
You really think it's necessary?
an.jpg
Absolutely. Imagine a couple of children playing outside the city gates suddenly getting attacked by such a beast!
ai.jpg
Hm, I guess you're right.

Anden can be too caring sometimes. We continued on the trail and watch for any signs of the hostile wilds. There were none. The mastiff grew bored, it yawns and stretches, licking its nose.

ai.jpg
He's getting tired, too. I hope we'll reach the city soon.
an.jpg
Hmm. *He glances at the dog.* Are you planning to take your dog into the city?
ai.jpg
I have not thought about that yet, to be honest.
an.jpg
It might not be such a good idea. He's a wild creature. Did you see how he tore the flesh off those goblins? And now imagine him in a crowded street...
ai.jpg
Hm, you might be right.
an.jpg
There's also that...other behavior he shows.
ai.jpg
Yes. Bad dog!
an.jpg
You could give him to us rangers. That way, he'll be properly educated.
ai.jpg
I'll think about it.
an.jpg
I think it would be the best for him.

06.jpg

A young woman with brown skin and chestnut hair suddenly appears between the trees and runs up to us! Anden groans when he spots her. The mastiff barks, his ears flapping.

gail.jpg
Hi there, apple pie!

She grins impishly at Anden.

an.jpg
What do you want, Gail?
gail.jpg
Oh, just saying hello! It's been a while since you've been to my forest, after all. And you've even gotten yourself a girlfriend this time, huh? And a big dog, too!

She curiously eyes both me and the mastiff.

ai.jpg
Greetings. You're a friend of Anden?

Anden lowers his voice, speaking to me.

an.jpg
Her name's Gail. She's harmless, although she can be rather annoying at times.
gail.jpg
Aww, annoying? *She pouts.* You didn't find me all that annoying when you did it with me.
an.jpg
Gail! I've never done...it..with you.
gail.jpg
Oh, right! I forgot you only do it with your animals!

She grins and turns her back to Anden, then pulls up her skirt.

gail.jpg
Are you sure you don't want to stick it into me? I'll let you do me in my booty!

She wiggles her bottom at him.

an.jpg
Gail! Really!

LP Comment: Really?

The mastiff suddenly darts forward, sniffing and licking the exposed flesh.

LP Comment: Oh. My. Dog.

ai.jpg
No. Bad dog!
gail.jpg
Ack!

The woman squeals and giggles, running off into the woods, the mastiff right on her heels. Anden clears his throat as both disappear into the distance.

an.jpg
I'm afraid that's the last time we've seen of your dog, M'lady...
ai.jpg
You must be joking.
an.jpg
Gail's harmless, although she's obsessed with baring her nether regions every time she sees me.

LP Comment: Valine, you are one weird writer.

an.jpg
But most animals seem to be absolutely bewitched by her. Don't ask me why. I've seen bloodhounds and war-horses running off with her.

LP Comment: She's a Pokemon trainer. Go figure.

ai.jpg
I see.
an.jpg
Let's wait for a while, perhaps he'll come back.
ai.jpg
Okay.

An hour passes. And another. Anden finally clears his throat.

an.jpg
They won't come back, I'm afraid...
ai.jpg
Looks like it, yes.
an.jpg
Well, perhaps it is for the better. The dog's behavior was most unnatural. It must have been trained by humans to act like that. Poor creature...

LP Comment: You can train a dog to hump legs? Isn't this just animal breeding instincts?

ai.jpg
Poor creature? Why?
an.jpg
The nature of a beast is to breed with its own species. A bitch's scent will tell a male dog when the bitch is ready to be mounted. This dog, however, must have been trained to react to other kinds of odors. And that IS against the dog's nature. Whoever did that took advantage of the dog's inherent behavior and twisted it to their own purposes.

LP Comment: But...what's the point of training the dog to be a Pokemon? 'Enter'-tainment?

ai.jpg
Humans have been doing that with other animals for like forever. Oxens are trained to pull carts, hounds to hunt, and horses to let knights ride on their backs.
an.jpg
Well...A lot of rangers and druids will tell you that all those things are very wrong indeed. And I must say that breeding is a different matter altogether. But in the case of your dog, its will was clearly to chase after Gail, and we should allow it to do so. Gail will surely set it free so it can live its own life. And that is a good thing.

LP Comment: Whatever, man.

ai.jpg
I hope so...
an.jpg
Shall we go on to the city now, M'lady?
ai.jpg
Yes, let's.

Moments later

07.jpg

That's the city gates. I'm back home! And that means I've passed all of my lessons!

an.jpg
Well here we are, back in the city. I will investigate the worg issue later on, M'lady.

I peer at the city gates. Quite a lot of Dhorn guards are stationed around it. I wonder will any of them recognize me?

an.jpg
You're afraid of the Dhorn, M'lady?
ai.jpg
Not afraid, but I'd rather not be seen by them.
an.jpg
We won't have problems entering the city. They know us ranges and let us pass.
ai.jpg
That is good to know.
an.jpg
Say...what I wanted to ask...

He studies his feet. I glanced at him, confused. He seems to have lost his confidence all the sudden, is something wrong?

an.jpg
Do you have a...husband in the city...? A lover? A betrothed?

LP Comment: Well, well, well....

ai.jpg
No...

His face brightens.

ai.jpg
Why do you ask?
an.jpg
I was just curious...

I smiled at him. He's interested in me? What an odd way to meet. To think he could've ended up as a captive for god knows how long. He smiles back at me. We make our way to the gates together.

08.jpg

Anden steps forward, addressing the guards.

an.jpg
Greetings. My name is Anden Goodmanner. I'm a member of the ranger guild. And this young woman by my side is my companion.

I keep my head low and try not to look at the soldiers. Goodmanner? Really? I laughed inwardly at his last name. Good man, indeed! The Dhorn briefly glances at my breasts, then nods at Anden.

guard.jpg
Alright. You may pass.

He waves us through.

09.jpg

an.jpg
Please wait a second.
ai.jpg
What is it, Anden?
an.jpg
I have to leave you now. I have to visit my guild for my report.
ai.jpg
Oh.
an.jpg
But I'd very much like to see you again. Where do you live? I could stop by when I'm done.
ai.jpg
I live at the Bear's Pit Tavern in Northern Betancuria.
an.jpg
Got it. *He smiles.* I'll see you later, sweet lady! Here's your short sword back.
ai.jpg
Thank you. Keep the chain shirt...as thanks for leading me home.

He bows and wave as he walk away. I smiled at his figure and sheathed the short sword Master Alfons gave me. I close my eyes and clasp my hands together to thank the Almighty for my safe passage.

10.jpg

11.jpg

I finished my prayer and make my way to the Thousand Steps Inn.

12.jpg

kelt.jpg
You are back.

Master Kelten makes it sound like a statement. No hint of surprise in his eyes.

ai.jpg
Yes, Master Kelten.
kelt.jpg
Well, you have passed my lesson then. *He smiles.*

I nod and excused myself.

13.jpg

Upon leaving the inn, I noticed that the Betancurian Guild of Rangers is right next door. Perhaps I can pay Anden a visit.

14.jpg

ger.jpg
Welcome to my shop. Would you like to see my wares?
ai.jpg
Do you know a ranger by the name Anden Goodmanner?
ger.jpg
Sure do. He's around from time to time.
ai.jpg
I'm looking for him. Do you know where he is?
ger.jpg
Well, he may be out of city at this moment.
ai.jpg
Oh..well, show me your wares then.

I browsed the store's wide array of ranged weaponry. Bows and Crossbows of all manner and size. As well as sharpened arrows and bolts to dispatch prey more effectively.

15.jpg

I set my eyes on a fine Heavy Crossbow that sports higher accuracy from its marksmanship.

ai.jpg
How much for this?
ger.jpg
Two thousand four hundred gold pieces, miss.
ai.jpg
Oh...perhaps next time.

I don't really have enough coin for that. It looks too bulky to carry around, anyway. I thanked the storekeeper for his time and decide to check the Tanner shop next door.

16.jpg

The tanner offers slightly different range of goods. All manners of leathers belts and armors adorn its collection. This belt in particular, protects me from slashing wounds and costs me only 800 gold pieces.

LP Comment: FFS, -5 to all slashing? YES! YES! YES!

ai.jpg
I'll take it.
tanner.jpg
Would you be interested in some cloaks?

17.jpg

This...looks very effective in hiding myself. I traced its fine fabric. Elven craftsmanship, no doubt.

ai.jpg
How much?
tanner.jpg
A thousand three hundred. Last piece in store.
ai.jpg
Oh, that's very steep. But I'll take it.
tanner.jpg
Would you like me to pack it for you?
ai.jpg
No, I'll wear it now.
tanner.jpg
Excellent choice.

I don the cloak, feeling its light weight on my shoulder. Very comfortable.

tanner.jpg
Would you like a matching pair of elven boots to go along with that? Guaranteed to quieten your steps!

18.jpg

ai.jpg
Actually, I don't have a lot of gold with me at the moment...How much, though?
tanner.jpg
I can't let it go for less than ten thousa-
ai.jpg
Oh, in that case, I'll have to pass. *grins.* Thanks!
tanner.jpg
Come back again!

I left the shop with less than a thousand gold on me. But the belt and cloak felt like a good purchase. I smiled confidently and make my way past the marketplace.

19.jpg

The Bear's Pit is just a walking distance away. The noise and bustle in the market comforts me. I'm back in my element. No more wild animals, yay. I wonder how Caron is doing?

20.jpg

Caron's not at his usual spot. That's odd. Usually he'd be around. I stop by Chella and ask about Caron, only to be met with the same question. Oh well.

22.jpg

Tired, I return to my bed room for a relaxing, warm bath and a short nap before reporting to Master Nathan's office. The water felt soooo good.

23.jpg

I awake, feeling refreshed and with the Almighty's blessing identified a magical longbow I seized from the brigand's castle. Too bad I'm not trained in its usage. Short bows and crossbows are much more simpler to use. Guess I'll sell it off soon. I rose from my bed and make my way to Master Nathan's office, eager to report my completion.

24.jpg

nat.jpg
Aisha.
ai.jpg
Hello, Master Nathan.

He looks at me, expectantly.

ai.jpg
I have passed all my lessons!
nat.jpg
So you have. I know. I'm pleased.

I grinned at him.

nat.jpg
You've adopted some of our ways faster than I thought, Aisha.
ai.jpg
I'm full of surprises.
nat.jpg
Funny, Pia told me the same.

I blushed.

nat.jpg
Let me explain a thing or two. It started about twenty years ago. Your father had gone to war with, I don't remember who, and Betancuria was under siege. For the third time that year. Food was scarce. Thieves cut your throat just for the shoes you were wearing. Shops were being plundered. Your father didn't care. He was interested only in wars, in territory, in power. He conquered when he could, and when things went wrong, he hid in his castle.
ai.jpg
What's your point?

I know not the exact circumstances of my father's defeat. I admit my ignorance during my life in the castle...but is father really to be blamed for all this? Is the Dhorn truly justified in oppressing our folk, ruling over our- err MY family's kingdom?

nat.jpg
I had this restaurant back then already. Just like Hatori had the tea shop, Igor his smithy, Frank the Thousand Steps. And we decided that enough is enough. We hit back at the local thugs. It was not difficult to find them. We set their hideouts on fire when they slept. We shot arrows on their backs when they plundered the streets. We poisoned their wine when they drank in our taverns. We were quite successful.

Was father truly ignorant of the suffering of his subjects?

nat.jpg
They were gangs, unorganized, changing leaders daily. We on the other hand, had a structure, a goal, and the support of the people. We got the upper hand. It was a smuggler named Drago who saw that the only way the thieves would stand a chance against us was to organize themselves as well. But the result would have been blood in the streets. So instead, he came to me.

I see. Every one of the masters worked together during times of strife.

nat.jpg
The idea was very simple. Why fight each other when you can control the whole thing? So we formed the 'Family'. We took in every cut purse, every business owners, every whore, and every merchants. We made sure there was no more plundering in the streets. We made sure crime is organized. We also made sure that only we smuggled goods in and out of the city. Nobody sold something that we didn't want sold. People played by our rules.

I've never known of all this. Did they play a part when the Dhorn attacked?

nat.jpg
We never interfered with the military. We did bribe a few soldiers, but we did not want to upset the authorities. Your father rules the Castle, but the streets were ours.
ai.jpg
Until the Dhorn came.
nat.jpg
Right. Things have become complicated now. As I said, I'd like you to join the Family. You've shown a remarkable talent for the work we do.
ai.jpg
Tell me more. What sort of duties would I have to do?
nat.jpg
That depends on the situation. You may decline jobs you're not feeling comfortable with...
ai.jpg
That would be the least I'd expect.
nat.jpg
You'll also get your own apartment. I assume you'll be glad to be out of the kitchen.

My own...apartment?

ai.jpg
Very much so!
nat.jpg
Well? Do you accept my offer?

I'd be a fool to decline. I passed my chance to leave Betancuria. I came back to take back this city from the Dhorn. I can't do it alone. Like it or not, I'll have to be part of the same family that Vico belongs to. I nod to myself and clench my right fist to show my resolve.

ai.jpg
I accept your offer, Master Nathan.

If I didn't know better, I'd think I just saw something that could have resembled a smile on Master Nathan's lips.

nat.jpg
Excellent. Welcome to the Family, Aisha.
ai.jpg
Thank you.
nat.jpg
Take this key. The address is 2, Acorn Street, second floor. Right around the block. It's not a palace, but it's a start. It's yours from now on. If you do well for the Family, you may earn better lodging.
ai.jpg
Won't I be recognized by people in the streets? What about those I live with?
nat.jpg
If you run into problems, let me know. We'll take care of it. On the mean time, talk to Alfons, Mando or Jacia about available jobs. You'll get paid for every completely assignments. Lodging may be free, but you have to earn your own keep.
ai.jpg
I understand, Master Nathan.
nat.jpg
I have one special task, though: Those scumbags that have allied with the Dhorn are spying on us. It's top priority to find out who they are. Or just where they are. You've spotted them in the sewers before, come to me at once if you found out more.
ai.jpg
I will.
nat.jpg
That's all for now, Aisha.

I bowed and pocket the key. It's time to visit my new home.

25.jpg

It's not very far from the Bear's Pit. Located in the Southeastern corner of the northern district.

26.jpg

So this is it, my own little apartment. It's small but very tidy, and the furniture and everything else seem to be new. Could it be that Master Nathan had everything made especially for me? In any case, I think I am beginning to like the place already. Maybe it will be a real home for me in the future. I begin to unpack my items from my old room while humming a little tune to myself.

27.jpg

Oh, this is the book I stole from Pia's bedroom! I'm never comfortable with reading this in my old room. Not enough privacy. Perhaps now...

28.jpg

I sat on the couch and placed the book on my lap.

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

Whew.

quag.jpg

I rose from the couch and placed the book into the bookcase. Let's check the bathroom!

32.jpg

Wow, my own tub! This must have been really expensive!

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

quag.jpg

Mmmmmm. Shall I do it?

:hmmm:

RK47

Patron
Yep, the moment Valine let the player go into sex mode, the whole setup feels utterly out of place.

We won't be doing the ....uh...gentle caressing, so don't worry. I'm just teasing.

Breaking Axe

Educated
You've gone through more material than me before I finally decided to give up on this module. Well I did do the paladin/cleric quest, but it was the 4 minute unskippable dance scene in the Mayor's palace that made me quit. I agree with other posters that the frequency of rapists at every corner takes the game to absurd, gratuitous levels. This kingdom of rapists needs the prudish Dhorne to burn all the sinners alive, where even the dogs are looking to fuck you.

RK47

Patron
anus_pounder said:
Back to the City. Whats next for Aisha47 ?

Pinky-the-Brain-pinky-and-the-brain-7398654-460-349.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom