Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Erebus

Arcane
- Double post -

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Dude, he tried to kill Princess. Another one in her hit list:

1. Vico
2. The Alley Rapist Gang
3. Arto Benthur

Erebus

Arcane
RK47 said:
Dude, he tried to kill Princess.

I'm not suggesting you pair him with Aisha, I'm just curious to know if the heroine can be so impressed by his strangling skills that she decides she loves him. :)

(Amusingly enough, such a thing happens in the last Agatha Christie I finished. Made me wonder if Ms Christie did not have some rather strange fantasies.)

RK47

Patron
Chapter 14: Princess in the Tower

The Tower's door is magically locked. I search for another option...

16a.jpg

LP Comment: As far as I know, this is the only way to get in.

Ah, it appears the window on the second floor stands open! This must be why Cat advised me to bring a rope along! I tie my rope around a small rock and throw it up. I carefully tug at the rope, it seems to hold. Time to climb up!

LP Comment: Funny thing, the original narration mentions that the FIRST floor of the tower window is open. That makes...zero sense whatsoever. Valine continues to do this for apartment blocks. Remember Joanna's apartment? It was located at SECOND floor, yet I have to climb THREE floors up to find her. So what's the floor before 'first floor' is called? Ground floor? Huh? Make some sense, woman!

17.jpg

I manage to reach the window and slip in! Security is definitely tight in here, the first door is already trapped and locked. But my new gloves served me well. With a snick, the door locks yielded to my picks. I swung it open and scanned the room. Seems like a library of sort. Hiding in the shadows, I spy a strange, ethereal form patrolling the room.

18.jpg

Most...curious.

LP Comment: At this point I realized there's no fucking way to resolve this challenge with combat. Immunities to sneak attacks and critical hits are just too big of a handicap for rogues.

19.jpg

More traps litter the floor. I bend over and disarm the pressure plate.

20.jpg

The nearby desk yields a nice garnet and a magical dagger. I pocket both with a smile.

LP Comment: Aisha's first magical weapon! Oh, this counts as stealing and adds more chaotic alignment, Aisha is basically at the far end of the chaos meter already. So those wanna-be Paladins and Monks take note, this isn't the module for you.

21.jpg

Satisfied with the search, I descend down to the first floor. Only to encounter a sentry golem. It's spotted me! I make a run for it to the second floor.

22.jpg

LP Comment: Yeah, obviously meant to be taken down in combat.

23.jpg

I decide to abandon the search in the first floor and ascend to the third floor. Upstairs, a sentry golem accompanied by a hell hound patrol the floor.

24.jpg

LP Comment: I could kill this, but the golems would pose a problem if they assist.

25.jpg

I sneak past the golem and check the doors on the hall way.

26.jpg

The door at the end of the hall leads to the roof with nothing of interest to be found.

27.jpg

One door is magically sealed, while the other is a alchemy lab of sort. Unlocking the chest reveal a pair of tiny gems. I snatch them anyway. I've exhausted my search on the third floor by now. There must be a switch of some sort that will remove that magical ward to the wizard's bedroom. I descend to the second floor to repeat my search.

28.jpg

Looks like I missed a door in the library.

29.jpg

Aha! Whew, even the lever is trapped! I also grabbed three magical scrolls from the nearby cabinet. I'll have to identify them later. As I pulled the lever, I can hear a door being unlocked...not from upstairs. Downstairs.

30.jpg

I evade the golem sentry at the first floor and found a false bookcase hiding a door behind it.

LP Comment: I tried so many things to move the bookcase out of the way, but nothing works. And finally, I bashed it till it turns to wooden splinters. I know , I know, I had to try everything to make it work, but BASHING A FALSE BOOKCASE feels just...wrong. Especially when I had to pause and stealth again when the patrols pass by. So I decide to retcon the narrative a bit.

31.jpg

Finding a hidden latch, the bookcase made way for an unlocked door that leads to the tower's basement.

32.jpg

I got careless upon reaching the basement and triggered a trap. It stunned me for a while, luckily the guardians were not alarmed by this.

33.jpg

An imp and several caged hell hounds guard this floor. I thought I had successfully evaded detection when I reached the drawers containing a key...

34.jpg

A trio of magic missiles proved me wrong, striking my back with force. I gritted my teeth and ran to the first floor, hoping to lose the little critter.

35.jpg

The critter did not follow me to the third floor, and the key unlocks the wizard's bedroom. Time to finish the swap and leave this place!

36.jpg

But first, let's liberate this little trinket.

37.jpg

Satisfied that anything valuable has been taken, I swapped the clock on the wizard's desk for mine. His should fetch a fine price on the black market. I grinned and left the bedroom.

38.jpg

In my excitement, I totally forgot to watch out for the hell hound who unleashed a breath of flame at me, I shielded myself with my cloak and ran to my entry point at the second floor. Gripping the rope tightly, I take one last look at the tower's interior and slid back down to the streets.

39.jpg

Looks like no one spotted me. :smug: Master Alfons will be pleased.

bandaid

Educated
Name "Alfons" in polish is synonymous with the word "pimp". Coincidence? I think not.

Nim

Augur
LP Comment: Funny thing, the original narration mentions that the FIRST floor of the tower window is open. That makes...zero sense whatsoever. Valine continues to do this for apartment blocks. Remember Joanna's apartment? It was located at SECOND floor, yet I have to climb THREE floors up to find her. So what's the floor before 'first floor' is called? Ground floor? Huh?
That's how it works in germany so not that strange depending where Valine is from.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That's how it works in most of Europe, though I think the American system is more well-spread worldwide. I figure RK47 is just having fun on that one.

So, uh, none of those golems and thingies will remember seeing you? Seems a little too easy.

RK47

Patron
Brother None said:
That's how it works in most of Europe, though I think the American system is more well-spread worldwide. I figure RK47 is just having fun on that one.

So, uh, none of those golems and thingies will remember seeing you? Seems a little too easy.

They are somewhat 'defeated' by Aisha's Hide skill level. It works like this:
-If you are spotted, the hostiles will chase you.
-If you manage to round a corner, the AI will give up and resume patrol
-If you enter another level segment, they will usually follow, so if you're smart, you can lure one to the second floor, and quickly dash back down to level one for easy split and hide.

The higher Hide skill lvl is, the easier it gets since enemies don't scale. The first stealth level in Dhorn Admin building is much harder due to my rank 2 hide etc. With gears and eventual upgrades, I think princess can ghost whole levels without being detected.

That's RPG character skill for you. :smug:

I really can't wait to get my hands on Elven cloak or something. That will shoot up hide to rank 20+ Close to undetectable IMO.

Also, the reason why someone brought up 'Shadowdancer = Button of Awesome' is because they can stealth even in view of enemies. THAT, is quite overpowered, but this module is quite harsh, so I think it's fair if I abuse it back. Fuck those rapists.

PS: I'm getting annoyed and pissed that the princess gets very little EXP from combat kills. It's ridiculous. Picking a single lock earns 50 xp compared to killing 2 bandits.

hakuroshi

Augur
RK47 said:
PS: I'm getting annoyed and pissed that the princess gets very little EXP from combat kills. It's ridiculous. Picking a single lock earns 50 xp compared to killing 2 bandits.

She's rogue and not a fighter so it makes some sense. It's another turn of old debate on xp system - why killing a bunch of goblins suddenly makes you better in picking locks :)

P.S. Great LP BTW!

RK47

Patron
Chapter 15: Showgirls

It's time to return to the hideout and report the good news to Master Alfons.

01.jpg

alf.jpg
Grr, yes?
ai.jpg
I've managed to replace the clock, Master Alfons!

LP Comment: Sometimes, Valine really loves to lengthen a sentence for no good reason. 'I've managed to sneak into the wizard's tower and placed the clock Cata gave me on the desk in the bedroom!' sounds too damn long. Alfons already knew the task, all he wants to know is whether the job is done or not.

alf.jpg
Don't take me for a fool, girl!
ai.jpg
What? I really did place the clock there.

He raises an eyebrow at me.

alf.jpg
You're serious. You swear you placed it there? And you got into the tower all alone?

I nodded and showed him the clock I replaced. Alfon studies it for a few moments.

LP Comment: Again, I decided to edit it. In Valine's version. Alfons would study the Princess. THEN ask for the clock. The original clock. Wow...way to further the inanity.

alf.jpg
You're telling the truth. You deserve a big reward for this. Hold on.

He seems to be really surprised. He dug into his pack and produces a short sword.

alf.jpg
Here, this is yours.
ai.jpg
Thank you.
alf.jpg
I never believed you'd even get into the tower. It seems I underestimated you. I'll tell Nathan. He'll be really happy to hear this.

He smiles, then turns back to the woman by his side. I decided to take a short nap at the bunk beds.

02.jpg

That's enough excitement for today!

03.jpg

Morning came, and I examine the short sword from Master Alfons.

LP Comment: Not bad at all. On top of the +1 Acid damage, it gives an additional +1 Piercing too, but no +1 to Hit, which kinda pisses me off.

04.jpg

The ring I stole from the tower possess protective magic.

LP Comment: Guess I could ditch the cloak and just wear the ring.

05.jpg

LP Comment: She may look badass now...but really, she still suck at combat.

Guess that's the second last lesson. It's time to visit the Thousand Steps Inn for my final lesson...I waved at Mando to bid him farewell as I made my way out. But he stopped me from doing so.

06.jpg

ai.jpg
What's up, Mando? Got a job for me?
sailor.jpg
Yes, I do indeed. A little break-in, interested?

Hmmm. This shouldn't take too long.

ai.jpg
Sure.
sailor.jpg
Excellent. Alright, your task is the following: We've been approached by a customer who the Dhorn have stolen a couple of things from when they stormed the city, and he'd like to get his prized possession back. In this case, a golden statue. Our informants have found out that the Dhorn have passed the statue to the city's new Mayor.

He spits out contemptuously.

ai.jpg
The city's got a mayor now?
sailor.jpg
Yeah, scum, collaborating with the Dhorn. He's nothing but a puppet, but they gave him the biggest house on the Isle of Men. Demonstrating how little they care for the existing hierarchies, I suppose. Whatever. Your job is to get in, find the statue and bring it back.

Sounds simple enough.

sailor.jpg
The Mayor's throwing a big party tonight. Sadly, none of us were invited. *He grins.* However, the Mayor has hired a group of dancers for the party. We've intercepted one of them.

Oh, I think I know the plan!

sailor.jpg
You'll pretend as one of the dancers to get into the Mansion. The mayor's kind of careful, so you'll need to wear this dancer outfit. Also, you may not have anything else on you, potions, jewelries, everything else but the dress is forbidden. They won't let you in otherwise. Feel free to use the chest next to me to leave your stuff behind during this mission.
ai.jpg
Oh, I see.

Not even lock picks or a weapon? Darn...

sailor.jpg
Don't worry, nobody will take anything. Here's the dress you need to wear.

He hands me a light red dress.

sailor.jpg
It's unlikely that anybody will recognize you in there. The invited nobles are mostly from Dhorn. However, if you have the slightest suspicion that somebody does recognize you, I want you to run immediately.

I nodded. Better be safe than sorry.

sailor.jpg
This is NOT worth getting caught. Nathan will have my hide if something happens to you. Understood?
ai.jpg
I'll be careful. But where do I find this statue?
sailor.jpg
Probably in his bedroom. Good luck, Aisha!

I left my items behind and decide to take a short walk around the city before embarking on this mission.

07.jpg

My wandering was cut short by the town crier's shouts.

crier.jpg
Latest news! Academy's chancellor died in huge explosion!

An explosion? Here, in the city? How did that happen. I approached the crier who demanded a gold piece for a full explanation. I handed the gold and listened.

crier.jpg
Perguin, the Academy's Chancellor is dead! He had only returned to the city a few hours before he died. Witnesses saw him enter the tower of Logald the Wizard on the Isle of Men.

Eh? That's the tower I broke into! Could it be?

crier.jpg
Several minutes later, a huge explosion shook the area, destroying large parts of the tower. Perguin's corpse, or rather what bits remained of it, had been found in the urrble. Logald was severely injured but survived. He claims Perguin was paying him a visit to discuss some news. Though rumors on the streets say that both of them were lovers.

I was carrying a bomb in that clock?

crier.jpg
The Dhorn have arrested Logald for further investigation. Logald's tower is badly damaged, with the roof and top floor completely gone. Logald denies any knowledge what might have caused the explosion, according to him, there were no explosive materials stored in his tower. The Dhorn authorities have not found any evidence yet that might indicate the blast was not an accident.

I hope Master Alfons had a good reason to blow up the tower, that must be why he was so worried. Oh well, I purchased two additional 'family' gears to help me in my night trades. But I can't use them this mission.

08.jpg

09.jpg

Later that night...

10.jpg

The tower two top stories are gone completely, the rest is only a black ruin. I pushed whatever thoughts out of my head and focused on my mission. I spot the Majordomo guarding the back door to the mansion and approach him.

11.jpg

The man snobbishly raises an eyebrow when I approach him.

ai.jpg
Greetings, I'm one of the dancers for the Mayor's party.

He eyes me skeptically.

her.jpg
Is that so?

I smile politely and nod.

her.jpg
I have to search you before I can let you in.
ai.jpg
Feel free.

After a thorough examination of my charms, he nods and guides me into the back entrance.

12.jpg

her.jpg
Well, here's your lost girl. I trust the show is set up and will please the attending guests?
dancer.jpg
Everything's ready, yes.
her.jpg
Very well. Wait here. I will accompany you to the ballroom when it is time.
dancer.jpg
Of course.

The lead dancer looks at me angrily after the man leaves the dressing room.

dancer.jpg
It's about time you show up! But what is this?

The woman turns my face from one side to the other, studying me closely.

dancer.jpg
Is that what you call a make-up?
ai.jpg
Nobody told me I was supposed to wear any.

She shakes her head.

dancer.jpg
Fortunately there's still time left. Stand still, don't flinch.

She grabs a pen and some powder flacons, and start to work on my face.

dancer.jpg
I hope Christie's doing better?

Oh, I better keep my cover!

ai.jpg
(Bluff) No, she isn't doing so well.
dancer.jpg
Sick, hmm? Poor girl. Let's hope she hasn't gotten with child. I trust you know how to dance?
ai.jpg
Yes, I do.

I suppose I do...though it's been months since I've danced. I took basic dancing classes when I lived in the castle.

dancer.jpg
Once we've entered the ballroom, everyone will move to their designated spot. Yours will be the leftmost. A little bit out of sight. No offense. Just do what the other girls do, and you'll be fine.

She finishes my make-up and clap her hands.

dancer.jpg
Well, okay girls! Let's give them something to goggle at!

14.jpg

The man returns and beckon us forth. I swallowed a lump down my throat and hope for the best...

15.jpg

Here we go...

LP Comment: I wish I could sneak away from this shit...prepare for an inane performance!

16.jpg

LP Comment: This whole thing is an in-game cinematic. And it's 4 minutes long! FFS, Valine! WHY?!

I recommend this song to accompany this bullshit.

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

quag.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

The whole halls erupted into applause as the climax ended. All of us are totally naked. We've thrown our entire dancing apparel, including underwear to the crowd. I dare not move from my spot. Soon, the nobles approach each dancers....

LP Comment: So...the Mayor is decadent..and the Dhorn don't bat an eyelid to this performance? What the fuck? Some plot consistently would help. The whole mansion feels like a DLC made by a different writer....until the sex parts come up later.

27.jpg

A man in his middle years walks up to me, smiling and applauding.

noble.jpg
Excellent show! I couldn't take my eyes off you!
ai.jpg
Thank you.
noble.jpg
Say girl, do you have a name? *He smiles.*
ai.jpg
Tina...
noble.jpg
Tina...

He smiles, his eyes focused on my breasts.

noble.jpg
That's lovely. A lovely name for a lovely young lady.
ai.jpg
You're too kind, m'lord.
noble.jpg
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Leopold Tendenberry. Lord Leopol Tendenberry.

He bows deeply.

ai.jpg
It is a pleasure to meet you, Lord Tendenberry.
noble.jpg
My lands are alongside the western border of the kingdom of Dhorn. I'd be honored to welcome you as my dearest guest one day.

He takes my hand and places a kiss on the back of it.

ai.jpg
I'd very much like to visit, M'lord.

Gods, I wish he'd leave me alone soon, so I can get on with my mission.

noble.jpg
I would love to show you the forests, the hills, the river...I am most sure you would enjoy yourself a lot, Tina.
ai.jpg
I am sure I would have a wonderful time with you at your castle, M'lord.

He smiles brightly as he looks me up and down.

LP Comment: Just how long does this have to go on?!

noble.jpg
I am still completely overwhelmed by the beauty of the women in this city...I have traveled far, and I dare say nowhere have I seen women of your...pride and elegancy.
ai.jpg
That is very kind of you to say, M'lord.
noble.jpg
Well, what do you say, Tina? Shall we go to a more...private room?

He smiles at me invitingly.

ai.jpg
Sure.

He bows and kisses my hand again, then takes my arm and gently guides me from the ballroom.

28.jpg

Lord Tendenberry leads me into a small room dominated by a pretty big bed. After closing the door behind us, he turns to face me.

noble.jpg
I'll make this worthwhile to you...

He looks at me hungrily.

ai.jpg
I'm sure you will....

I placed my hand on his head...and guide his face down to my lower torso.

29.jpg

My knee rose to greet him with a loud crack.

30.jpg

He fell to the floor in shock. His eyes turned white. I look down on him and shook my head. I don't feel like wasting time with the likes of him, I searched his pockets and scooped a lone gem. I quietly slip out of the room back to the main hallway. My mission begins now.

32.jpg

The nobles are still having a good time with the dancers. I shouldn't have too much trouble moving about on the lower floors.

33.jpg

I slip past the guard at the stairs. I'm going to need some clothes soon...

34.jpg

The first room I break into looks like a study.

35.jpg

I nicked a silver necklace and a key from the desk.

36.jpg

As I proceed further along the hallway...loud moans and grunts can be heard behind some doors....I decide to investigate.

37.jpg

Well, well....looks like the Dhorn general is too busy to notice anyone running away with his sword and armor...

38.jpg

More grunts ahead..this time in the library. The mayor is busy kneading the doughy breasts of a dancer.

39.jpg

I tiptoed behind him and notice a key next to his pile of clothes. It's mine now. I also took both his and the dancer's outfit. I guess I've found some clothes to wear now...

40.jpg

Looks like I made it into his bedroom. His key fits... I search the room and found two occult books on his shelves.

41.jpg

I flipped through the Incubus book.

ai.jpg
An incubus is a demonic creature appearing like a human man, preying on females in their sleep. The incubus possess the ability to telepathically sense its victims' innermost thoughts and guarded sexual fantasies. It infects the victim's dreams, luring her to illicit thoughts and life of sexual depravity.

42a.jpg

42b.jpg

42c.jpg

42d.jpg

LP Comment: According to the module wiki, Valine did put a Succubus in this mansion. But removed it in the latest version. I think I should be glad for that change. The book holds very little significance now...probably just lore porn. I am not going to copy write all of it. The other books is...Minotaur porn.

42.jpg

ai.jpg
This book is about a woman named Pasiphae, her husband, King Minos, and a creature named the Minotaurus.
42e.jpg

42f.jpg

42g.jpg

42h.jpg

42i.jpg

42j.jpg

42k.jpg

42l.jpg

42m.jpg

LP Comment: After reading all that shit, I failed my will save and decide to stop the update right here.

lightbane

Arcane
img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/829607/nwn/14/quag.jpg[/img]

This image doesn't show up, you forgot a [.

30.jpg

So, by now Aisha must be Chaotic Evil, no? Too bad...

RK47

Patron
thanks. Yeah, it's inevitable.

For every stolen shit it's 5 Chaos.

I haven't encountered much of Good alignment shift actions so far...quite strange, really.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That's pretty much just the Greek legend of the Minotaur. What can I say? Greeks are pretty fucked up.

Erebus

Arcane
20.jpg

Possibly the most hilarious pic of the LP so far, though I'm confident the module can do even better.

30.jpg

Do we actually have any choice if we don't want to have sex with that idiot ?

RK47 said:
ai.jpg
An incubus is a demonic creature appearing like a human man, preying on females in their sleep. The incubus possess the ability to telepathically sense its victims' innermost thoughts and guarded sexual fantasies. It infects the victim's dreams, luring her to illicit thoughts and life of sexual depravity.

Wouldn't it be an epic!twist if it turned out all of the events in the module were just a dream inspired to Aisha by an incubus ?

The legend of the minotaur is quite faithfully told. I don't really see what it has to do with the story, unless the module is going to introduce a little bestiality in the life of our heroine.

RK47

Patron
Yes, most of the sex...are...optional. And will be avoided if I can survive the combat. Suppose I reload three to four times and still fail...I guess I consider sex is unavoidable.

Erebus

Arcane
RK47 said:
Yes, most of the sex...are...optional..

What I meant was, in this case, can you avoid the sex without killing the guy and thus earning 10 evil points ? It'd be kind of funny if the module made you evil for refusing to turn your heroine into the village bicycle.

RK47

Patron
Erebus said:
RK47 said:
Yes, most of the sex...are...optional..

What I meant was, in this case, can you avoid the sex without killing the guy and thus earning 10 evil points ? It'd be kind of funny if the module made you evil for refusing to turn your heroine into the village bicycle.

There's a Persuade check to get him to fetch a wine....but since I never put a single point to it...I failed and had to resort to violence. :(

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Kharn... Do you know any interesting rape movies besides Lilya 4-Ever?

Who the heck are you? All calling me Kharn and knowing of the level of disturbment Lilya 4-Ever gives me. Great movie, completely unwatchable, eeeegh.

I don't really do exploitation, but A Serbian Film is as exploitation as you can get. Watch it and, I dunno, Salo, in between bouts of this LP, and list the similarities! Hurray for exploitation schlock!

RK47

Patron
Chapter 16 : The Final Lesson

I put down the two books and sighed. The mayor is a sick, sick person. Even the performance itself is twisted, how can the Dhorn approve of such a vulgar performance?

43.jpg

Further search in his room reveals a cabinet with a glowing ring and a pair of gems, I pocket both.

44.jpg

After more searching, I locate the statue inside his desk. It's time to leave this place.

45.jpg

Hey, what's this? A hidden door...

46.jpg

Soon as I entered, I was confronted by the sight of a naked, caged man.

captive.jpg
Please, get me out of here!
ai.jpg
Who are you?
captive.jpg
My name's Sander. Sander Gregory. I'm a captive of the mayor. A very evil man.

He spits out at the mention of the name.

ai.jpg
Why are you being held captive?

He lowers his eyes.

captive.jpg
This is a bit complicated, and embarrassing.
ai.jpg
Tell me.
captive.jpg
Well, the Mayor...he thinks I'm a demonic creature of some sort. Can you believe that? Me, a demon!

He shakes his head. I eye him warily. Those books. Could he be one of those...Incubus?

captive.jpg
I'm no demon! Please, you have to believe me! I used to be a carpenter before the Dhorn came! It's not my fault that women think that I'm attractive!
ai.jpg
What does being attractive have to do with being a demon?
captive.jpg
Well, the Mayor, he's absolutely obsesses. He calls me Incubus and thinks that I can bewitch women to make them couple with me. And he wants me to bestow him those powers. But I've got nothing like that! I'm no demon!
ai.jpg
And for that reason he's locked you up?

lol.jpg

LP Comment: What the fuck, Valine?

ai.jpg
Eeks!

He gives me an abashed look.

captive.jpg
It was not pleasant, but he forced me to! Please, I don't want to rot in this cell!
ai.jpg
How do I know you're not a demon trying to trick me into setting you free?
captive.jpg
I swear to you, by all that I hold sacred, that I'm no demon. I'm a carpenter!

He lets out a bitter, frustrated laugh.

ai.jpg
I..I'll see what I can do.

I reasoned that if he is really an Incubus, he would just charm me into opening the cell for him instead of speaking with me. I went to work with the lock immediately.

47.jpg

The small silver key from the mayor's desk fits perfectly.

captive.jpg
Thank the Gods! Thank you so much!
ai.jpg
It was my pleasure to help you.
captive.jpg
I'd like to get out of this place as quickly as possible...Do you know a way out of here? I mean, one past the guards so they won't catch me?
ai.jpg
I think so...follow me.

It's going to be harder to leave by the front door with him along..I have to find another route.

48.jpg

The nearby weapons rack holds some arms. I equip the quarter staff and hand over the great sword to Sander.

49.jpg

I step out of the mayor's bedroom, only to hear a pair of guards having a conversation.

pat.jpg
Lord Tendenberry was found dead on the first floor!
sold.jpg
That's what you get when you consort with whores.
pat.jpg
Yeah, but we'd better find the girl. Quickly. Lock all doors and search the lower floors.
sold.jpg
Understood.

LP Comment: Funny thing, the original conversation cited that Lord Tendenberry REPORTED that one of the girl is missing. I guess Valine didn't code 'Tendenberry killed' into the script. I had to edit it just to make sense of it.

50.jpg

The nearby room's chest holds a whip and leather outfit. I gave the outfit to Sander to cover his nakedness.

Sensing that escape does not lie on the lower floor, I lead Sander to the upper floor.

51.jpg

52.jpg

A window..I could climb out through this and down onto the street below, but I probably won't be able to come back if I do so.

ai.jpg
Ready to leave, Sander?
captive.jpg
Yes!

We climb down carefully, so as not to attract attention.

53.jpg

captive.jpg
Thank goodness we're out of that place!
ai.jpg
Looks like it.
captive.jpg
Don't worry, I won't let them take me again. Damn the Mayor and his men! *He clenches his fist.* I hope they choke on their own bile and go straight to hell! But I'd better go and see if my house is still standing. And find a change of clothes. *He glances up into the sky.* Damn rain. Some things never change, it seems.
ai.jpg
Better out in the rain than inside that cell of yours, I'd say.
captive.jpg
Oh yes. Absolutely. Well...take care then, m'lady.

He clasps my hands again, then runs off. I smiled at his disappearing form and make my way back to the hideout in the sewers. Mando is waiting.

54.jpg

sailor.jpg
Nice to see you again, Aisha.
ai.jpg
Here's the statue.
sailor.jpg
Oh wow! Excellent work, Aisha!

He takes the statue and hands over a pouch of gold.

sailor.jpg
Keep the dress. Ask me again if you want any more jobs, okay?

I nodded and enter Alfons' office.

55.jpg

alf.jpg
Yes, Aisha?
ai.jpg
The wizard's tower...it's burnt down.

He nods.

alf.jpg
The clock you delivered was set to explode when the target got close to it. Chancellor Perguin of the city's academy was the target. He often visited the wizard living in the tower. Really expensive device to craft...
ai.jpg
You could've told me.
alf.jpg
If I had told you that you were carrying something so dangerous, you might have stumbled over your own feet in fear.
ai.jpg
Hm, you're probably right.
alf.jpg
Sometimes, I cannot give you all the details beforehand. Anyway, it's good that the wizard is gone for a while. He is a pervert, and often snatches people off the streets for his experiments. Beggars and prostitutes, people who wouldn't be missed. They probably died in a very gruesome way.
ai.jpg
Very well.
alf.jpg
The Chancellor wasn't much better. He was cooperating with the Dhorn. The very same people who killed your family. Trust me, you did a good deed helping us get rid of those two. Try not to think too much about it. I know it's hard sometimes. But you'll get over it, you'll see.

I nod grimly. I need to adapt. I can't be bound by morality anymore. I just don't have the luxury. If I want to win against the Dhorn, I can't sweat over the small details. Which reminds me, there's somewhere I need to be.

56.jpg

It's 5 am. This is the alley where I was beaten, robbed and raped. In my exploration of one of the abandoned houses, I've discovered a secret entrance to their hideout.

57.jpg

I lifted the hidden trap door leading to the secret passage and prepared myself. It's payback time.

58.jpg

The leader is absent...and I can hear the faint sound of snoring as two of the bandits patrol the halls. I slip past them and head straight to the beds.

59.jpg

Once there, I called on my badger servant to distract the guards as I plunged my short sword to the sleeping bastards. I stabbed the first one on the chest, he gurgled something before dying.

60.jpg

I moved to the dwarf next to him and stabbed the short sword into his back. His heart punctured as blood flowed onto his mattress.

61.jpg

By then the two guards have finished dispatching my badger servant. I turned my attention to the female bandit and traded strikes.

62.jpg

I dodged a few bolts from the other as I applied the finishing blow to the bitch. She shrieked in horror as her wounds painted the floor red. A bolt struck me as I approach the last bandit.

ai.jpg
*Winces.* Tell Rick Cars...tell him: That I'm coming for him!

63.jpg

I make my escape down to the secret passage, dodging several bolts along the way.

64.jpg

The bastard did not pursue. I cleaned my blade and retreated to my hide out. Ready to finish the job tonight.

65.jpg

But first...I need something to protect myself better. This shield should do the trick.

66.jpg

I returned to the Bear's Pit and rest until the sun sets.

Later that night...

67.jpg

Rick Cars and his gang is finished. I clench my short sword and shield.

68.jpg

I uttered a prayer before entering the battle.

69.jpg

My servant distracted them as I flank and stab them from behind. I'll leave Rick for last.

70.jpg

One down. Rick voiced his displeasure at his comrade's death.

71.jpg

man.jpg
You bitch!
ai.jpg
Time to finish this, scum!

Our blades clashed, I got the upper hand as the acid inflict painful wounds on his chest.

72.jpg

Finally, I could sense he could take it no more and lunged out at me in rage.

73.jpg

I was only too happy to oblige. My sword struck true and lodged itself on his chest, acid bathing his exposed wounds as he screamed in agony. I grinned wickedly as I kicked his body back to withdraw my sword.

74.jpg

I spat at his worthless corpse, satisfied. Now...they won't hurt anyone. Ever again.

75.jpg

His lifeless corpse carries a key which unlocks the room in his hideout. Inside, is a gold necklace and a few scrolls. I pocket them and return to the hideout, satisfied.

76.jpg

vico.jpg
Hi there, birdie. Rick's floating down the river yet?
ai.jpg
He's dead. But he won't be polluting the river...

He nods approvingly.

vico.jpg
Guess that shows that you've also got some talented hands.
ai.jpg
You bet..
vico.jpg
Anyway, well done. I've got to admit I'm impressed.

I say nothing. I wasn't looking to be praised by this bastard. I did this for myself.

vico.jpg
Continue with your lessons. We're done for now.
ai.jpg
Vico. Did you really threaten Caron?
vico.jpg
Who?
ai.jpg
Caron. He's working at the Bear's Pit.
vico.jpg
Oh. That little guy.
ai.jpg
Did you?
vico.jpg
Might be. I spared him a glance last time I was around.
ai.jpg
What's between Caron and me is none of your business, okay?
vico.jpg
Look, birdie, I don't care whether you spread your legs for him or not. That guy's so clumsy, he'll probably get himself killed, anyway.
ai.jpg
I'm serious, Vico. If you do something to him or threaten him again...
vico.jpg
Yes?

He smiles.

ai.jpg
....I'll kill you.
vico.jpg
Right. *He laughs.* Go back to playing with your little dolls, birdie.

He turns away. I watched that back and imaged a bloodied dagger buried on it. I've wiped four names from the list so far...you're still on top of that list, Vico. Some day...

77.jpg

I turn towards the Family supplies and purchased a few bags of Caltrops. These should come in handy when fighting enemies. Anything that could tilt the odds to my advantage is always welcome. I attach a few pouches to my belt and made my way to the One Thousand Steps Inn for my final lesson.

78.jpg

79.jpg

As soon as I entered the inn, I noticed a blond man clad in plate mail suit is watching me with a very interested expression on his face...

80.jpg

The man is in his middle years. He's clad in plate and mail from head to toes. Perhaps he's a soldier or a warrior. He never takes his gaze off me.
ai.jpg
Do I know you?
chris.jpg
Why, greetings! *He smiles.* Allow me to introduce myself first. My name is Christiano Arniman, and this beautiful woman y my side is the Lady Myra Waynolt.
ai.jpg
It's a pleasure to meet you.
chris.jpg
May I be so bold to ask what your name is?
ai.jpg
Tina.
chris.jpg
Well met. Anyway, I hope you forgive me for staring at you so bluntly, but the lady Myra and I were wondering if you might be a thief, perhaps. No, don't worry, please. We mean no harm.
ai.jpg
Why do you ask?
chris.jpg
You see, the lovely Lady Myra and I are on a mission for the holy church of the Sun Lord. We have to find an old artifact. A golden chalice. It belonged to our church, but it was stolen from the temple fifty years ago. The thief was found and put to the question, but it seems he had already sold the chalice. However, the church managed to identify the person who bought it. Sadly, the said person was nowhere to be found. To put an end to this story, I think I have managed to track down that man. Or rather, the place where his remains rest. His grave is in one of the smaller Summer Islands. I'm convinced it's there.
ai.jpg
Sounds nice, but why do you need my help?
chris.jpg
We've already visited the island. However, we didn't get far. The tomb is full of locked doors and traps. So we've decided to hire the services of a professional who knows how to deal with that sort of thing. The problem is, with the Dhorn taking over Betancuria, such..experts..seem to have become quite rare. We've been here in this tavern for over two weeks now, to no avail. But then...we spotted you! You stalk around like a cat and you have very deft and delicate fingers.
ai.jpg
So...you wish to hire me?
chris.jpg
Exactly. I offer you 20 gold per day, plus an extra 100 when we find the chalice. What say you?
ai.jpg
It sounds very tempting, but I have some errands to finish first. Perhaps when I'm done with those tasks, I'll find you.
chris.jpg
I see. Well, come back when you're ready to venture off with us.
ai.jpg
Sure...

I don't know what to think. Leaving Betancuria? I better finish my lesson first before thinking of such endeavors. I turn towards the innkeeper whom I'm supposed to get a lesson from.

81.jpg

kelt.jpg
What can I do for you?
ai.jpg
Master Nathan sends me. I'm here to learn something about setting traps.
kelt.jpg
Alright girl. I hope you've brought good boots for this, and a thick cloak. We'll go away on a trip.
ai.jpg
What? Now?
kelt.jpg
If it pleases Madame, yes. Just a few miles up the river by boat. Going to set some traps in the forest. Fresh meat for me, and you learn the ropes without killing anybody.
ai.jpg
Alright then, let's be off.

He tosses two big sacks at me, then drags me out on the street. The harbor is our destination and we board a small boat. Before I could question him about the dangers of night sailing, he already untied the rope and instructed me to bring the sacks below deck. When I come back up, we're already floating in the middle of the river. It seems Master Kelten is quite an experienced sailor.

82.jpg

kelt.jpg
Nice to be out on the river, isn't it? I always say, if you've got water under your butt, you don't notice the rain near as much anymore.
ai.jpg
If you say so, Master Kelten...but why did we stop here?
kelt.jpg
It looks like the storm will be going on for a while yet. Don't want to risk damaging the boat. So, I'm going to turn back here.
ai.jpg
What about my lesson?
kelt.jpg
Oh yes. Well. See? This is a trap. You place it on the ground. Something walks in. Bang. That's it.

LP Comment: Hmm....

ai.jpg
I see...
kelt.jpg
Clever girl. *He grins.* But I have brought you here on purpose.

LP Comment: DUN DUN DUN DUN

I look at him suspiciously. We're alone on the boat, and he seems to be an able fighter.

kelt.jpg
You see the river bank to your right? A couple of miles to the south and west is the road that leads back to Betancuria, if you follow it to the south. But going north, it leads to Sargoza and Min-Toras. I'm going to drop you off here. It's your choice which way to go.
ai.jpg
Wait, you want to drop me off in the middle of the wilderness?
kelt.jpg
Yes, I do.
ai.jpg
Can't I return to the city with you on your boat?

This is insane! I'm not ready for this!

kelt.jpg
No girl. I want you to think about this. And not just for a second.

Just what does he mean by that? Master Kelten brings the boat as close to the bank as he dares. He's really a good sailor.

kelt.jpg
Overboard with you!
ai.jpg
You cannot expect me to swim to the shore!?
kelt.jpg
Diving's fine too.

He grins and shoves me overboard before I could protest. I fell with a loud splash, completely unfamiliar with swimming for months. My clothes threaten to pull me down, but it's only a short distance, then I feel the ground under my feet again. Panting, I climb up the bank.

83.jpg

I'm soaked wet, and it's chilly. Master Kelten waves back as he sailed way. I considered calling him back...but realized the howling winds and thunder wouldn't really carry my voice that far. I quietly remove my clothes and don my chain mail. The familiar short sword drawn from its sheathe, tinted green in the darkness, accompanied with the wooden shield. I gripped the both tightly and gazed at the harsh raining sky above.

84.jpg

This is my final lesson.

RK47

Patron
Brother None said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Kharn... Do you know any interesting rape movies besides Lilya 4-Ever?

Who the heck are you? All calling me Kharn and knowing of the level of disturbment Lilya 4-Ever gives me. Great movie, completely unwatchable, eeeegh.

I don't really do exploitation, but A Serbian Film is as exploitation as you can get. Watch it and, I dunno, Salo, in between bouts of this LP, and list the similarities! Hurray for exploitation schlock!

The film was shown at an adults only screening at the Sitges Film Festival in Spain during October 2010; as a result the festival's director Ángel Sala has been charged with exhibiting child pornography by the Spanish prosecutor who decided to take action in May 2011 after receiving a complaint from a Roman Catholic organization over a pair of scenes involving the rapes of a young child and a newborn.[6]

:retarded:

lightbane

Arcane
The film was shown at an adults only screening at the Sitges Film Festival in Spain during October 2010; as a result the festival's director Ángel Sala has been charged with exhibiting child pornography by the Spanish prosecutor who decided to take action in May 2011 after receiving a complaint from a Roman Catholic organization over a pair of scenes involving the rapes of a young child and a newborn.[6]

:what:
I... don't want to know. Nevermind, moving on...

There's a Persuade check to get him to fetch a wine....but since I never put a single point to it...I failed and had to resort to violence.

Weird, I thought that you would invest more in diplomacy skills, considering your character is not very able in combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom