Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
An update without rape attempts? Weird.

I'm still not seeing the overarching purpose of these, uh, "lessons".

Black Cat

Magister
Brother None said:
An update without rape attempts? Weird.

I'm still not seeing the overarching purpose of these, uh, "lessons".

To teach the Princess a bunch of illegal skills and then test her on them, to see whether or not she can be part of The Family.

So she is basically being turned into a thief, or at least a thief like insert class here.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Chapter 12 : Among Rogues

Deciding not to waste any time, I approach Master Alfons in his office.

01.jpg

A thick beard covers most of his face. When I address him, he barks at me.

alf.jpg
Grrr, yes! What do you want?
ai.jpg
Greetings. Are you Alfons?
alf.jpg
Yes, indeed! Who the hell are you?
ai.jpg
I am Aisha. Master Nathan sends me. I'm here for a lesson.
alf.jpg
We're in deep shit and Nathan sends me little girls so I hold their hands! I don't have time for that! Get out!
ai.jpg
What's wrong, if I may ask?
alf.jpg
Don't waste my time!
ai.jpg
(Persuade) I just thought that I could help perhaps.

He rolls his eyes.

alf.jpg
You probably won't leave us be unless I told you, huh? Okay. We've got trouble with the Dhorn. They took over one of our hideouts in the northern Betancuria last morning. Must have gotten a hint. Caught our people totally by surprise. Killed five of our folks. We also lost a bunch of goods we were meant to export.

That must've been the dead thieves I found...Then it would seem the organization that the informant sought to expose...is Master Nathan's!

alf.jpg
Now I've got t osend people to get our goods back and also kill the bastards involved. Vico's already briefed, and Cata will join him as soon as we're done here.
ai.jpg
Vico..

That name brought a frown to my face.

alf.jpg
You've met him?
ai.jpg
Yes, I have.
alf.jpg
He's really good. One of our best.
ai.jpg
He's an asshole.
alf.jpg
What was that?
ai.jpg
I said he's an asshole.
alf.jpg
Yeah, well. I don't care what you think of him. My problem is that the whole operation will take a lot of time to be properly executed. I'll have to delay other things that were due this week. Cat was supposed to do a burglary job tonight which we need to postpone now. And this might upset some of our friends. Worse, it might make other people believe we are getting weak.
ai.jpg
Perhaps I could help.
alf.jpg
You?

He roars with laughter.

ai.jpg
I've learned a thing or two by now.
alf.jpg
This is not one of your little games. If you screw up and get caught, you will die.
ai.jpg
If I really screw up I deserve it. But I won't.
alf.jpg
Nathan will have my hide if something happens to you.
ai.jpg
(Persuade)I won't let anybody catch me.
alf.jpg
Sorry girl, I can't allow that.

LP Comment: Failed Persuade check. And that's the only way to convince him. Fuck.

I left his office, frustrated. Does that mean I won't be getting my lesson? I decided to take a short break in the hideout for a while, and perhaps purchase a bit odds and end from their shop. And that's when I met him again.

02.jpg

vico.jpg
If that isn't my little birdie. Nice to see you've finally found the way in.
ai.jpg
I'm not your little birdie, asshole.
vico.jpg
I've missed you, too. Think I could get a smoochie? *He grins.*

Bastard. I drew my short sword.

vico.jpg
Easy. Relax. I don't want to hurt you.
ai.jpg
One day you will pay for what you did to me.

I never see him move, but suddenly I feel a sharp pain on my cheek. He shows me his knife, the blade covered with my blood.

LP Comment: Aisha took 2 damage.

I gasped and slowly touched the wound with my right hand. He's too fast.

vico.jpg
Silly girl! If you want revenge, don't announce it to the world. I could kill you on the spot. And I would if I considered you a threat.

I gave him a hateful glare.

vico.jpg
Nathan likes you, did you know that?

I nodded silently.

vico.jpg
I guess he likes having a Royal in the gang. But don't let it get in your little head. The whore houses were full of cunts like you before the Dhorn came.
ai.jpg
And now you don't know what to do anymore with your prick, right?
vico.jpg
*He shrugs.* I've seen noble women do things that would make the cheapest tavern whore blush with shame.
ai.jpg
I doubt that. And if so, you probably forced them to do so.
vico.jpg
You think so? *He grins meanly.* Anyway, how about you show me there's more about you than a pair of fat tits.
ai.jpg
Screw yourself.
vico.jpg
I'm being serious. I've got a task for you. Nothing you couldn't handle, I'm sure.
ai.jpg
Oh, really?
vico.jpg
There's a renegade rogue running loose, overstepping his boundaries. His name's Rick. Got a little gang of cutthroats gathered around him and now takes money from the citizens for passing through *his* territory north of the harbor.

I think I know who that is.

vico.jpg
He bribed a few Dhorn to look the other way, which in itself he's kind of talented. However, we cannot have him drag our name in the dirt. I want him dead.
ai.jpg
I've met him.
vico.jpg
Be careful around him, birdie. He will most likely rob you, or rape you, or both. I have warned you.
ai.jpg
Afraid he's more fun than you were?
vico.jpg
Come back when you've killed him.

Oh, I will alright. But not for you. I left him alone and chat with the other rogues.

03.jpg

sailor.jpg
Nice to meet you, Aisha.

He smiles and inclines his head.

ai.jpg
Greetings, who are you?
sailor.jpg
My name is Mando, I run the more delicate affairs within the guild.
ai.jpg
Do you have any jobs I could do?
sailor.jpg
I do have a task, yes. I just wonder if you are up to it.

He strokes his chin to ponder. I thought to myself, perhaps if I perform some tasks, Master Alfons would let me do that important assignment.

ai.jpg
Why don't you tell me more?
sailor.jpg
It's about gathering information. We've got this man who feels a little lonely. You see, it's almost impossible to find company in the city ever since the Dhorn took over. Normally this doesn't concern us, but this man might be of special value. So I need one of the girls to walk over and spend time with him.
ai.jpg
Tell me more.
sailor.jpg
You'll meet this man in a private apartment in the northern part of the city. I'll give you the key. Wait for him there, he'll arrive at 9pm tomorrow evening. Don't miss him, that might make us look bad.
ai.jpg
What will he expect me to do?
sailor.jpg
Probably just talk. Maybe have a glass of wine or two. It's really up to you. See how the evening goes. What I'd like to know is what kind of person this man is. Find out what his thoughts are on whatever you can come up with in conversation without making it look like you're spying on him.

I smiled to myself, this isn't too hard. At least I don't have to do something vile. Just....talk.

ai.jpg
I think I can do that!
sailor.jpg
Excellent! Here's the key. The address is 19, Acorn street in North Betancuria. As I said, be there tomorrow evening at 9pm. Report to me afterwards.

LP Comment: A timed-quest? Unusual.

I agreed and pocket the key. Turning around, I decided to approach the lone figure at the corner of the hall.

04.jpg

This woman might be considered pretty, except for her eyes, which stare at me malevolently.

jac.jpg
What is it?
ai.jpg
Tarleth said you might have a job available?
jac.jpg
*She raises an eyebrow.* You, of all people, ask ME for a job?

I nod, this woman is dangerous. She lets out a cold chuckle.

jac.jpg
Well, why not. Lets see if you've got the guts for this. There's a ship docked at the harbor. The captain is somebody by the name of Ters. He's a smuggler from Ilieriena. Problem is, he thinks being a foreigner means that he doesn't have to pay tributes to the guild. He can usually be found in the side room at the Swordfish. He's got black hair, a black beard, and wears a cap. Find him, and hand him this little present from me. A little reminder that we have not forgotten about him.

She holds up a dark leather bag. The Swordfish. Guess I'll just have to sneak in.

ai.jpg
I'll do so.
jac.jpg
Careful. He may not be too happy to see the bag's content.

A diabolic smile shows on her lips as she opens the bag, producing a kitten's severed head.

ai.jpg
Oh.
jac.jpg
Cute, isn't she?

She smiles and carresses the dead kitten's ears, then hands me the bag. I took it without protest.

jac.jpg
Well, good luck. Come back once you've delivered our little warning.

05.jpg

Aside from sending me on these vile tasks, Jacia also offers a wide arrange of poisons. I'm not very experienced on these things, but the price discourages me from trying out at 400 gold per vial.

06.jpg

The guild shop offers a wide array of thieving gears like traps, armor, and gloves. The most useful of all is the burglar's gloves that enhances my lock picking skills.

LP Comment: +2 lockpick? Hell yes!

07.jpg

man.jpg
Hey there, Aisha, right?

I nod.

man.jpg
Nice to see you here.
ai.jpg
Thank you. It's nice to be here.
man.jpg
My name's Paurie. Been in the family for a couple of years now. I supervise some of the family's operations.
ai.jpg
Oh. Do you need help?
man.jpg
Might be I do. I'm currently planning a very important mission. I was indeed wondering if you were interested.
ai.jpg
Tell me more.
man.jpg
That is. On second thought....

He looks at me skeptically.

ai.jpg
Yes?
man.jpg
I was just wondering if you were indeed the right person for this special mission. I need someone with guts...
ai.jpg
Why don't you tell me what the mission is about?
man.jpg
It's top secret. But, what I can tell you is that we need somebody to act as a spy. Somebody who doesn't look suspicious.
ai.jpg
So?
man.jpg
And in order to do that, you'd have to pretend to be a prostitute.
ai.jpg
Oh.

It's just pretending, it's alright...

man.jpg
The target person will most likely check up on whoever we send. So you'd probably have to, well, build a certain reputation first.
ai.jpg
What do you mean?
man.jpg
You'd have to spend time with some of the sailors at the harbor. Sleep with them for money.
ai.jpg
I won't do that. Sorry.
man.jpg
I understand. That is why I was hesitating to bring up the whole thing.

He smiles as I walk away from him. To hell with that. I'm not whoring myself out. I took a short rest at the guild's bunk beds before making my way back to the Lion's Head to report to Master Nathan.

08.jpg

Oh, it's Caron.

ai.jpg
Hi Caron, I've completed another lesson!
car.jpg
Oh, what was it?
ai.jpg
Well, I had to sneak through the sewers.
car.jpg
Smelly place, isn't it?
ai.jpg
Yes, very.
car.jpg
You should take a bath to get rid of the smell.
ai.jpg
So you can watch me again, huh?
car.jpg
Exactly. *He grins.*
ai.jpg
In your dreams.
car.jpg
But I'm always dreaming of you.
ai.jpg
Have you been to the sewers, too?
car.jpg
Yes, a lot of times. They're very handy for moving around in the city. But you've got to be careful of the rats and the other things that live down there.

Hmm. So there are other passages to different parts of the cities. I have to investigate the sewers more later. If I have the time.

ai.jpg
I suppose I should fully explore them some time.
car.jpg
Yeah, you really should. You know, actually, as soon as I've finished rearranging the crates, I'll probably go down myself. Master Nathan has given me a rather important task. I am supposed to track down a group of men who are spying on him. But it is all very confidential.

Hm. Coincidence?

ai.jpg
The Dhorn?
car.jpg
They're probably involved in it too, yes. I've gotten a hint that points towards the sewers, so that's where I'll continue with my investigation.
ai.jpg
I did overheard two people in the sewers. One was a Dhorn, and they talked about an organization that gave them trouble, and the Dhorn wanted the other man to find out who those people behind that organization were.
car.jpg
Oh, you should tell Master Nathan immediately!
ai.jpg
I will, yes.
car.jpg
Good. No wonder he's praising you all the time.
ai.jpg
He does?
car.jpg
Yes.
ai.jpg
I don't know. Master Nathan is usually rather reserved when he speaks to me.
car.jpg
I think he likes you quite a lot, Aisha.
ai.jpg
Really?
car.jpg
Yep. I believe he thinks of you as a daughter or something like that. I hope so anyway! I mean, he's like four times your age, right? If he doesn't keep his fingers off you, you can be sure I'll rap his greedy old knuckles! *He grins.*

I giggled at that jest. Master Nathan, ha ha! Impossible.

car.jpg
See, you're completely safe with me. See you later, Aisha. Keep me updated!
ai.jpg
I will.

We both parted as I ascend the stairs to Master Nathan's office.

09.jpg

ai.jpg
Master Nathan, I overheard two strange people talk in the sewers. One was a Dhorn.
nat.jpg
Go on.
ai.jpg
They spoke of an organization that gave them trouble, and that he wanted the other man to find out who those people behind the organization were.
nat.jpg
Did you see the face of that other man?
ai.jpg
It was pretty dark.
nat.jpg
Describe him.
ai.jpg
He was hooded. I didn't see the color of his hair. But he had a strong jaw. No beard. And he was of average height. A pretty average person in all. He wore a leather armor and shortsword on his belt.
nat.jpg
What about the Dhorn?
ai.jpg
He wore a helmet that was hiding his face completely..but he was clad in red armor they wear, so I'm pretty sure it was a Dhorn.
nat.jpg
Alright. It's good that you came to me.
ai.jpg
I'm happy to help.

I walk away as he nodded. Hopefully they can prevent the threat before the Dhorn's plot succeed. I return to my room to unpack some goods into my armoire. There's that leather outfit I found t the bordello...

10.jpg

Most curious. Let's try it on.

11.jpg

Uh...I think not. I tossed it into one corner of my armoire and left the Bear's Pit. There's some hours to burn before the date at 9pm. I'm itching to try these new lockpicks on that locked chest beneath the dead thieves hideout.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Success! A small pile of gems greeted me when I opened the chest. This could be the breakthrough I'm looking for!

LP Comment: I literally pumped my first when I got this shit.

I scooped the gems carefully and placed them in a small pouch to sell away at a later time. For now, let's explore the sewers.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Hmm. A pull chain behind a portcullis. I can't reach it. I must've been below the city, somewhere in the northern district. I crept onward and heard a strange...wet, squishing sound.

16.jpg

....A giant. Cube. Of greenish ooze. Twice as tall as me greeted me. I nervously sneak away from it and found another ladder leading out of the sewers.

17.jpg

Wonder where this leads?

18.jpg

I emerge through a trapdoor that is so skillfully crafted into the floor that I seriously doubt anybody would have a chance of dinging it without knowing it was there, and where to look. I closed the trapdoor and realized I'm inside the Bear's Pit! Looks like Master Nathan's prepared an exit, just in case. I return to the sewers to find more entrances such as this.

19.jpg

By evening, I've found all entrances leading to each district of the city. This will allow me a faster shortcut, out of sight of the guards when I need to.

LP Comment: Unlocking these sort of give you instant teleports between ladders. You can simply select the district you want to travel previously to, to fast travel over in moments.

20.jpg

There's still time to waste...so let's rob one house before I meet that client...

21.jpg

As the door clicked open, I realized my talents have been developed. I've become much more sharper and ready to further my skills.

22.jpg

This time, Master Alfons should have trouble resisting my charms.

23.jpg

The house provided very little reward. Just a lone gem in a drawer. I pocket it anyway. I glanced at the hour and realize it's time for that little rendezvous.

24.jpg

Here's the place. The key fits perfectly.

25.jpg

Looks like my date isn't here yet. I decide to explore the apartment.

26.jpg

Oh...such a nice bedroom...and a fountain to bathe in.

27.jpg

I couldn't resist. The bath felt great.

28.jpg

The pantry held bottles of spirits, I plundered them all. Feeling satisfied, I picked a black dress and sat on the couch to wait for my date's arrival.

29.jpg

I almost doze to sleep when a cloaked figure came in from outside.

30.jpg

He approaches me, his cowl hiding most of his face.

cloak.jpg
I must say, it is a pleasant surprise to see you again, M'lady.
ai.jpg
Do I know you?

He chuckles softly and pulls back this his hood.

31.jpg

I remember this man! He was the leader of the Dhorn squadron at the Swordfish Tavern! Oh dear gods! A Dhorn!

arto.jpg
Colonel Arto Benthur, at your service. May I tell you that you look very lovely tonight, M'lady.

He smiles and reaches out for my hand, places a kiss on the back of it.

ai.jpg
I remember you...
arto.jpg
You flatter me, M'lady.

He gently caresses my fingers.

arto.jpg
I am glad to see that you seem to have found your clothes again.

He smiles once more.

ai.jpg
So am I.
arto.jpg
We wouldn't want anybody to believe that we're doing something inappropriate in this house, after all. Right?

He winks at me. I don't know what to think. He didn't seem like that sort of man.

ai.jpg
I thought you Dhorn would never do something inappropriate.
arto.jpg
Well, you certainly look tempting enough, my dear.

He smiles and looks me up and down.

arto.jpg
How old are you?
ai.jpg
Eighteen.
arto.jpg
How lovely. *He glances about.* This is a nice apartment. I quite like the furnishings.
ai.jpg
Yes, it's very cozy.
arto.jpg
*He smiles.* Did you know that many Dhorn in this city call me Skirt Chaser?
ai.jpg
A skirt chaser? You?

I eye him dubiously. He smiles again and nod.

arto.jpg
Though I don't think the name is very appropriate. It sounds like I'm chasing after women in order to take them to my bed. Whereas all I'm interested in is taking whores to their graves. I consider that my - admittedly small - contribution to restoring order in this great city.

Uh oh...is he planning to kill me?

ai.jpg
Why are you telling me this?
arto.jpg
Well, when that fisherman told me of his sweet little daughter, whose betrothed had been killed during the war, and who was all lonely now, longing for the embrace of a soldier who could take care of her, I was naturally thinking that either this daughter of his must a very forgiving person, considering those very soldiers had killed her betrothed, or that she must have a rather erratic character. And there was the possibility that the fisherman had lied to me, of course. *He smiles.*

LP Comment: This is why dating Sherlock Holmes kinda suck.

arto.jpg
Either way, it sounded like a good idea to visit you tonight. It doesn't happen very often anymore that a little strumpet offers to meet up with me.

I get ready to dart off...

arto.jpg
So, you're probably asking yourself why I'm still talking to you. There actually two reasons for this, my dear. First, I'd like to learn who sent you, and why.

He looks at me expectantly.

ai.jpg
But you already know that...
arto.jpg
Are you telling me that you're indeed a whore?
ai.jpg
Well, no. I'm really looking for a man.

He chuckles softly.

arto.jpg
You should make up your mind whether you want a harbor tavern patron or a Dhorn soldier, my dear.

He doesn't seem to believe my story. The look in his eye planted fear in my heart.

arto.jpg
One of my men also told me that he thought he had seen you at Castle Betancuria. That night when we beheaded King Hussein and his lady wife.

Oh, dear gods.

ai.jpg
You...were there when they were killed?
arto.jpg
I was there when the Queen stabbed herself with her dagger, yes. I found it a most regrettable incident. She was said to be a smart woman, with a great fondness for art and literature. I would have liked talking to her. As for the King. *He shrugs.* I only saw his corpse when they put up his head on the castle walls, next to his wife's.

I tried to fight back the tears with discipline...but I cannot. The memories came crashing back. Hearing the Dhorn speak of my parent's death is more than I can bear. I break out in tears. The Dhorn places his arms around my shoulders.

LP Comment: Only fighter types has Discipline as class skill. :(

arto.jpg
It is very difficult to lose people that are very close to you, I know that.
ai.jpg
Did you..did you really kill everybody who lived in the castle?
arto.jpg
I fear it was necessary, yes. And I also fear my time is short, though it has been most refreshing talking to you. I'm about to meet with the fisherman. Your father. *He winks.*

I prepared to dart off the moment he takes his eyes off me. He knows. Everything. I must warn Master Nathan and the rest!

arto.jpg
Fare well, M'lady.

He reaches out for my hand and kisses it again. Then suddenly he lunges at me, faster than I thought would be possible. He puts his hands around my neck and squeezes! I gag and choke, felt myself failing. Then my head hits the ground.

There is only darkness.

32.jpg

RK47

Patron
Doubt it. I think on average, most Dhorn Guards at this point will wipe the floor with Princess' ass. There's just not enough attack bonus for her to hit them consistently. I'll try to rectify this weakness over time.

Got some thoughts on my mind:

1. Raising STR - that's a bullshit solution and takes too long. strength artifacts cost too much anyway.
2. Weapon finesse feat - Well...if I took Fighter class I'd get a free feat right? Perhaps it's worth it?
3. Traps - Not sure if it'll help but there's gas trap, sonics etc. I know negative energy traps reduce STR, sonics can stun for tasty sneak attacks, but unsure about the effectiveness of gas traps. Will have to spend some gold and experiment.
4. I do find a nifty little tool that I really like. Caltrops. 25 dmg over 25 rounds. That's not too shabby and no friendly fire. Might be worth to use these babies to grind out result as I dodge attacks.

Erebus

Arcane
Great, we just met Jack the Ripper... well, Strangler.

I don't remember how high the princess's wisdom is, but it might be worth it to have the princess gain more priest levels. It's a fairly powerful class.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm splitting my levels between Barbarian and Rogue in my playthrough. The two classes sync well since they're both supposed to be wearing lighter armors. Barbs get decent skillpoints too, just useless (at least for this module) class skills. So I just save the skill points until the Rogue levels. Later I'll look at Shadowdancer, Blackguard and Weapon Master classes to see if any of them are worth it.

There's a lot of great NWN char builds out there, but most of them are focused on being awesome by level 40, which you'll never get to in this module. I guess guys designing those builds PvPed each other with those builds somewhere...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
RK47 said:
Doubt it. I think on average, most Dhorn Guards at this point will wipe the floor with Princess' ass. There's just not enough attack bonus for her to hit them consistently. I'll try to rectify this weakness over time.

Got some thoughts on my mind:

1. Raising STR - that's a bullshit solution and takes too long. strength artifacts cost too much anyway.
2. Weapon finesse feat - Well...if I took Fighter class I'd get a free feat right? Perhaps it's worth it?
3. Traps - Not sure if it'll help but there's gas trap, sonics etc. I know negative energy traps reduce STR, sonics can stun for tasty sneak attacks, but unsure about the effectiveness of gas traps. Will have to spend some gold and experiment.
4. I do find a nifty little tool that I really like. Caltrops. 25 dmg over 25 rounds. That's not too shabby and no friendly fire. Might be worth to use these babies to grind out result as I dodge attacks.

Weapon finesse is probably the way to go here. If you don't want to take a level of fighter (which is a crap class anyway. Also remember if you triple-class as a human you may evendually get reduced XP from uneven class levels). You get feats at lv 1,3,6,9,12 and so forth. Since you just hit 4, you'll get a feat in 2 levels. Up to you if you're willing to wait.

Another option, albeit somewhat silly is your leather dominatrix outfit. Not quite sure how the daze effect works (whether it's when you hit with an attack or when you get hit), but if you daze someone, you only have to hit their flatfooted AC. (That is, dex modifier and dodge bomusses no longer count). As an added bonus, you get to sneak attack people who are dazed.

The Wizard

Educated
is it daze on hit? as in: the cantrip daze? yeah that won't work. the guards most likely are above 4th level.

is pseudo sherlock holmes only choking you, or will there be rape? if not that would be quite an accomplishment for this game.

when was the last rape scene? three or four updates ago?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Image 03, after "Oh, I will alright. But not for you. I left him alone and chat with the other rogues." seems to be broken.

Also, I can't say I particularly dig Caron as a love interest. He's a typical love interest written by a clumsy person who doesn't get out much, which means his "charming banter" comes across as really creepy.

Gelatinuous cubes are such classic monsters.

Anyway...FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Black Cat

Magister
He smiles as I walk away from him. To hell with that. I'm not whoring myself out. I took a short rest at the guild's bunk beds before making my way back to the Lion's Head to report to Master Nathan.

Aww. You just missed a pretty fun scene later on, and also a pretty cool one you can get if you are without luck while trying to accomplish the quest.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
As an aside, it's extra-confusing for me to read this LP. Like I've said before, I've wasted a *lot* of time on persistent worlds in NWN. Many of the default portraits in the game are still synonymous with other players PCs in my mind.

Pretty much every conversation reads like a random evening in the Daggerford PW where everyone's Out Of Character to me :p

It doesn't help that the portrait of Aisha was also used by a psychotic, scythe-wielding nymphomaniac barbarian on the Haze PW.

lightbane

Arcane
Oh yes, I forgot to comment, Vico appeared and continues to be an asshole like before. And you're supposed to romance him?? Fuck that, cut that guy to pieces whenever you have the chance...

kazgar

Arcane
The conversation when you talk to the kitten head lady is weird, your first statement is that someone told you that she'd have a job for you, yet there's no mention of that conversation or that person before then?

guess it just stands out as the writing/conversations have been pretty good.

RK47

Patron
Chapter 13: The Sixth Lesson

It's very warm in here...

01.jpg

Oh!

02.jpg

He wants to burn me down along with the house! I need to find a way out..

03.jpg

There's a trap door here...I've no choice. I won't last long in the house. Seeing no other way out, I let myself fall down the trapdoor. Fortunately, it's not a very far drop.

04.jpg

This seems to be a cellar of sorts. The building above me might collapse any minute. But I seem to be safe down here for the moment. Now I just hope that this is not a dead end.

05.jpg

Time to find a way out.

06.jpg

Dire rats block my way.

07.jpg

Place looks familiar...oh! It's the pull chain I found earlier!

08.jpg

That wasn't so hard. I emerge from the sewers unscathed. Time to report to the hideout!

09.jpg

sailor.jpg
Shit, Aisha, I'm glad to see you alive! Nathan already gave me hell for sending you on that mission, and when we saw the building catch fire...
ai.jpg
I managed to sneak out through the cellar and the sewers.
sailor.jpg
Whew, I'm glad.
ai.jpg
But you should have told me I was to meet a Dhorn.
sailor.jpg
Well, we thought we had the situation under control. There were five of our men watching you. But then the Dhorn suddenly lit the house on fire. He must have used some sort of fire accelerant, too. I've never seen a house go up in flames that quickly.
ai.jpg
He hit me unconscious for a while. He probably meant to burn me.

Mando takes a deep breath.

sailor.jpg
I'm really, really glad to see you here. And I really have to apologize, Aisha.
ai.jpg
It's okay, I got out, that's all that matters.
sailor.jpg
Did you by chance manage to find out anything about that Dhorn?
ai.jpg
His name is Arto Benuthur. He said he was a Colonel. He also said that they sometimes call him Skirt Chaser, because he's hunting down hookers and kill them.

LP Comment: Cuntbuster. Whoreslayer. Slutslitter....

Mando whistles throughhis teeth.

ai.jpg
He also said he was going to meet with the 'fisherman'. The man who apparently had sent me to meet him.
sailor.jpg
I doubt he'll find him. We had hired a smuggler from Sargovia for the role. He should well be back on his way by now.
ai.jpg
I hope so. For him.
sailor.jpg
Yeah, fortunately, the Dhorn always think it's the guy's only who are the valuable informants. Well, serves them right. But anyway, you've done very well. Here's your reward, and sorry again. We'll be more careful in the future, I promise.

I nodded and pocket the pouch of gold. I glanced at Jacia the assassin and noticed she's giving me the impatient look. Suddenly, I remembered about the kitten's head in my pack. Time to deliver.

10.jpg

The Dhorn guards did not notice my entry, and I quietly crept past the patrons. This time, they're very well-behaved under the gaze of the Dhorns.

11.jpg

ters.jpg
Yeah, wench?

The man eyes me with a bored expression.

ai.jpg
I've got something for you.

I gave him Jacia's bag. He looks at me with a puzzled expression while he opens the bag.

ters.jpg
Oh...

He pales as he recognizes the bag's content.

ai.jpg
I'm supposed to tell you that this is just a warning.
ters.jpg
You guys make me sick! But tell them I have understood.
ai.jpg
I shall do so.
ters.jpg
Now leave me be!

I slipped out of the Swordfish under his hateful glare.

12.jpg

Jacia smiles at my return.

jac.jpg
Good girl.
ai.jpg
He said he understood your message.
jac.jpg
Oh, I was sure he would. Anyway, here's your payment.
ai.jpg
Do you have anything else for me?
jac.jpg
Yes, I do. Pretty easy task, actually. Steal a house key from somebody. Interested?
ai.jpg
Yes, I am.
jac.jpg
Alright. You know the Arena in the western part of the city? Go there and look for a man by the name Vald. Pretty big, muscular body. Usually clad in some sort of armor. Bring me his house key. Unnoticed. If he catches you, run. Do not, under any circumstances, mess with him in public. The guards will tear you to pieces.
ai.jpg
Okay.
jac.jpg
See me when you have the key.

I nodded and decided to try my luck with Master Alfons for my sixth lesson.

13.jpg

alf.jpg
Can't you please leave us be?!
ai.jpg
(Persuade) Please let me try this job you spoke of. I'll not disappoint you.

He strokes his chin and studies me for a couple of moments.

alf.jpg
Alright. Talk to Cat about the details.

I turn to the woman beside him.

cat.jpg
Alright, listen. There's a wizard living in the Isle of Men. He owns the great tower. It's full of traps and other nasty things. The wizard's away for a couple of days. Your job is to break into the tower. Once inside, find his bedroom. The wizard's got an old clock on his desk beside his bed. Exchange that clock for this one here, and hit the road.

She hands me an old clock. This thing is very heavy!

ai.jpg
Am I allowed to take anything else I might uh..find?
cat.jpg
He keeps his wealth at the bank, but whatever. As long as you exchange the clocks.
ai.jpg
Okay.
cat.jpg
You may also want to pick up a rope for this job. See Dalino the storekeep for that. Good luck and don't lose the clock.

14.jpg

I did as she advised and purchased a length of rope.

LP Comment: 15.5 weight? What the fuck? It's half of my chain mail for fuck sake.

15.jpg

The weight of the rope forced me to leave my chain shirt behind in the guild storage. I won't be needing to fight, I hope. I left the hideout and locate the exit to the Harbor district.

16.jpg

The tower awaits..

RK47

Patron
kazgar said:
The conversation when you talk to the kitten head lady is weird, your first statement is that someone told you that she'd have a job for you, yet there's no mention of that conversation or that person before then?

guess it just stands out as the writing/conversations have been pretty good.

tar.jpg
There's also Mando and Jacia. You can talk to them about an occasional job. And Jacia sells a few special goods. Poisons and the like.
ai.jpg
Master Nathan said I have to pass my lessons first.
tar.jpg
Yes, I know. Still it might be worth talking to them. Nothing bad about earning a few extra coins, right?

TNO

Augur
This module looks like it would be truly prestigious if it didn't have so much gratuitous rape.

*Follows"

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
RK47 said:
Chapter 01: It's my first time

You can start humming your favorite porn tune now. :/

ai.jpg
No, please...
01.jpg

He grabs my hands, locks his fingers around my wrists.

02.jpg

He's...right...if I scream...we both will die to the Dhorn Soldiers.

03.jpg

ai.jpg
No!!

I struggled. To no avail.

vico.jpg
I said don't move!

His dagger cuts painfully into my flesh, like blazing iron.

04.jpg

ai.jpg
Unh! You..you...
05.jpg

ai.jpg
No! I won't have it! I WON'T!

He is too strong...and as soon as I shifted, his dagger painfully cuts into my flesh once more...

ai.jpg
Ahhhhh!
vico.jpg
Nghhh!
07.jpg

08.jpg

ai.jpg
*Cries*
09.jpg

vico.jpg
Anyway, we'd better be off. I think I've heard footsteps.
ai.jpg
I..I won't be going anywhere with you!
vico.jpg
Sure thing, you can just rot in this cellar. Or you can run to the Dhorn and cry for help.

He...he's right. That bastard...ahhh! I wanted to him to die! This shame! He will pay for this! I...I'm...worthless. So..

vico.jpg
Your dress looks a little torn. Hold on.

He walks over to one of the crates and produces some clothes.

vico.jpg
Here. Put these on.

I put them on.

10.jpg

The clothes fit badly enough, but at least they are clean and smell of soap. He grabs my wrists again and drags me out of the storage room. We passed through several corridors, sometimes going up, sometimes down. I have no idea where we are. Once we even have to climb over a huge pile of rubbish.

Finally, after pushing me up a steep ladder, we enter a dark, ruined house. A number of bodies are lying motionless on the floor, giving off a thick, rotting stench. I feel the bile rising in my throat and doubled over, puking.

He grabs me again and propels me out on the street. Chilly night air greets me. It's dark, a cold wind blows and it smells of rain. Indeed I have only taken a few steps before light rain drops fall down on me. I pull my clothes tightly about me, shivering. There are hushed voices shouting angrily some distance away, but I do not understand what they are about. The sky above the castle glows as if a giant fire burns inside the walls. Mirroring what my life is like right now. Torn apart, razed to ashes. All beauty cast aside by cruelty, inside out.

He leads me on, through dark, empty streets. We never encounter anybody. I feel miserable, yet he forces me to keep up with him. I have no idea where we are going. Finally, we stop in front of a tavern, its windows closed, the door barred. He knocks a few times before we are allowed in. We climbed two sets of stairs and finally reach what seems to be our destination. With resignation, I looked on at the door closing shut, marking the end of my previous life.
Aww^^
It nees a better descrpition of her feelings, though. Was it painful? Or maybe pleasant? Or maybe no feelings at all? Anyway, what the fuck? What did he do to her? I want to know! I want to know!

Anyway, I like the characterization. I always wanted to be able to play a weak and vulnerable character, not just always a tough one.

Erebus

Arcane
01.jpg

And here I expected that guy to be a possible love interest for our princess.

Well, come to think of it, maybe he is one (in which case, he'll probably end up making Vico look good).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom