Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So..did it count as raep?

Black Cat

Magister
This just made me remember the words of Valine herself...

The modules (parts one and two) contain over 200.000 words of written dialogue (though most of it is cyber sex :P).

And, just for the record, Pia later can become one of the Princess' love interests. :M

RK47

Patron
...my head hurts terribly. Why do they keep dragging on the sex scenes like that? It doesn't help that it was just text and a black screen. Holy crap. AUUUUUGHHHH! I need a good head massage right now.

Erebus

Arcane
I'm guessing we weren't told the complete truth about our lesson in seduction...

Black Cat said:
This just made me remember the words of Valine herself...

The modules (parts one and two) contain over 200.000 words of written dialogue (though most of it is cyber sex :P).

Well, at least, she wasn't trying to hide it.

I have to say lesbian sex is the one thing I didn't expect to find in this module.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I remember mentioning in another thread that text descriptions of sex are always embarrassing, and being called out on it. I am happy to be vindicated.

RK47

Patron
That update made me ill. Seriously, I read in horror line by line and dread the LP update more than anything. Glad to get it out of my system.

Next update, we'll try to minimize sex content and focus on improving our rogue skills!

RK47

Patron
Oh, I didn't want to fail the lesson. I thought keeping sober is part of the deal.

Damn!

Sordid Jester

Educated
Fucking character will only be a whore once per day or something

How am I meant to grind my way up to being an expert cock milking machine at that pace! ? :x

RK47

Patron
Gragt said:
So, do you feel pretty yet RK47? Are you mad that your breast implant didn't work?

After playing this module, I rather be the fucker than the fucked TBH.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
RK47 said:
That update made me ill. Seriously, I read in horror line by line and dread the LP update more than anything. Glad to get it out of my system.

Next update, we'll try to minimize sex content and focus on improving our rogue skills!

Ironic that it's everything but the rape that's tasteful in this module :obviously:

Erebus

Arcane
RK47 said:
After playing this module, I rather be the fucker than the fucked TBH.

You should try the "Bastard of Kosigan" modules (even if you don't read french, some of them have been translated into english). It requires you to play a male and the assholish actions you can perform include quite a few rapes. You're free to be a perfectly decent guy, though. It's an entertaining series anyway.

Lindblum

Augur
The guy who's supposed to knock Pia out had better have a good reason for being late.

RK47

Patron
Chapter 11: Don't Fear the Dark

It's early morning. Pia is sleeping peacefully right next to me. I can hear her breathe. I should go search for this thing Lenton and I are supposed to acquire. I better be as quiet as a mouse!

01.jpg

I rose from the bedside, taking care not to disturb Pia's sleeping form. I dare not put on my clothes for fear of making noise and crept towards the nearby chest of drawers. Inside, I found a book and a key.

02.jpg

The Sins of Annelie F? Whatever. I've better things to do than reading this stupid book.

03.jpg

The key fits the cabinet on the living room, Pia's bodyguard lay asleep on the floor near the door. I quietly peeked into the cabinet and caught sight of a pile of important looking papers tied together with a string. I snatch it and stuff it into my pack.

04.jpg

Uh oh! It's Pia!

pia.jpg
Well, good morning, beautiful!

She smiles at me, obviously not minding that I was searching through her cabinet.

ai.jpg
Uh, good morning, Pia...

I quickly hide the papers behind my back.

pia.jpg
You're up early.
ai.jpg
I didn't want to wake you.

She giggles, but somehow it sounds forced.

pia.jpg
And you've found the papers. I am glad...
ai.jpg
Glad?

She lowers her eyes.

pia.jpg
It was just a test, Aisha. To see if you are able to handle a...let's say, delicate situation. Master Nathan had everything arranged.

quag.jpg

ai.jpg
Just a test?!

Oh gods! Impossible! My face turns crimson red as she nodded.

ai.jpg
Everything?
pia.jpg
I'm sorry for playing with you...But..last night...it was very beautiful, Aisha. I loved every moment of it.

LP Comment: ...Yeah, the opaque black screen and paragraphs of erotic sex really turned up the heat.

ai.jpg
I..I really don't know what to think.
pia.jpg
Well...You'd better go now..Take good care, Aisha!

She turned back towards her bedroom, waving. I stood there dumbfounded for several moments before realizing I was still stark naked, I quickly donned my street clothes and cloak, stumbling out of the room.

05.jpg

Master Nathan has to answer for this!

LP Comment: Y'know, it's a good thing I'm not chaotic evil and shit, I would've Coup the Grace Pia when she's asleep, as well as the guard. And who knows what might have happened?

Back at the Bear's Pit...

06.jpg

ai.jpg
Hello, Master Nathan.

He looks at me, expectantly.

ai.jpg
Did you arrange everything that happened at the Lion Head Inn?
nat.jpg
Joanna did, with my blessing.
ai.jpg
So you knew I would..?
nat.jpg
You did well, you passed the lesson.

Well, that's good! WHAT?

ai.jpg
I hope Pia won't tell anyone...I think I'd die of shame.
nat.jpg
There's nothing to be ashamed of. You finished your job, that's all.

LP Comment: Try saying that after you suck a man's dick and take it up your ass, old man.

ai.jpg
So..where's Pia now?
nat.jpg
She's off, preparing for a burglary job.

Ah well, guess I better move on to the next lesson. I left Master Nathan's office and return to my room to clean myself.

07.jpg

Remembering the contraceptive tea I bought yesterday, I uncorked a vial and swallowed its contents in one gulp, savoring its bitter-sweet taste as it goes down. I'm ready to go now.

08.jpg

As usual, Caron was there to check up on my progress.

car.jpg
Hey, Aisha! What's up?
ai.jpg
I passed my fourth lesson.
car.jpg
What was it about?

He looks at me curiously. I decide not to tell him the whole truth.

ai.jpg
Uh, stealing some papers from somebody.
car.jpg
Okay?
ai.jpg
It was somewhat embarrassing...
car.jpg
Okay now I'm really curious...
ai.jpg
I think I'd rather not talk about the details.
car.jpg
Oh come on Aisha!
ai.jpg
It's very embarrassing...
car.jpg
I won't tell anyone else, I promise you.
ai.jpg
No, really.
car.jpg
Look, I'm your friend. Maybe I can help you somehow?
ai.jpg
Let's just say I've passed it, okay?
car.jpg
Haha, okay. In any case, good thing you have.

He smiles as I say good bye. I left the Bear's Pit and decided to seek out the warehouse at the harbor district. According to Master Nathan, there's a person there who can train me in sneaking in the sewers.

09.jpg

As I passed a peculiar building at the southern part of the harbor, I noticed a sign saying 'As per decree of the Dhorn Governor, all bordellos in the city have been closed.' Curious, I decided to pick the lock and enter the abandoned building. Hopefully, there's some loose coins to be had.

10.jpg

I lit a torch and saw the tell-tale sign of a giant spider's lair. I readied my short sword.

LP Comment: I decided the morning star is too heavy and has poor critical rating. 1d6 seems like a decent trade for lighter weight and better critical range.

11.jpg

I summon my loyal servant, the dire badger.

12.jpg

Before heading into battle, I raided the bordello's kitchen for bottles of spirits. These should fetch a fine price at the market.

13.jpg

14.jpg

The battle with the spider proved easy. With my dire badger distracting the giant insect, I easily flanked the creature to deliver a few well-placed sneak attacks. It collapsed with a high screeching sound.

15.jpg

The second floor's hallway is littered with broken chairs, pots and other sort of debris. I searched the first room for anything of value.

16.jpg

Hmm...a whip and a leather outfit.

17.jpg

A curious horse-like implement sat next to the dusty, crimson sheets bed. I wonder why there's a children's toy in a bordello. I paid no heed and move on to the second room, where I encountered a restless spirit.

18.jpg

A touch of its cold, clammy hands seemed to have caused great agony to the dire badger, yet it did not possess enough combat prowess to beat us both. It succumbed to my short sword and fell on a dried pool of blood.

19.jpg

I looked at its feature and bent over to take a closer look. However...

20.jpg

It disappeared. Rest in peace, spirit. There was nothing else of value in the bordello and I left for the warehouse.

21.jpg

dock.jpg
Hey, what are you doing here?
ai.jpg
I'm looking for somebody called Drago. He's supposed to work here.
dock.jpg
Never heard anything about a Drago.
ai.jpg
Oh.
dock.jpg
Why are you looking for him anyway?
ai.jpg
He's supposed to teach me something.
dock.jpg
Heh, oh I'm sure I could teach you a thing or two as well.

I eyed the man warily and slowly reach for my short sword.

ai.jpg
Master Nathan sent me.
dock.jpg
Oh, that's something different then. Master Drago's downstairs. Knock on the door, password's "stinkfish". Got to be extra careful these days, those damn Dhorn are making an honest smuggler's life a pain.

He smile as I relaxed my stance. I thanked him and walked to the corner of the warehouse to face the metal door.

22.jpg

I knocked at the door and a muffled voice replied from the other side of the door, 'Yeah? What do ya lookin' fer?'

ai.jpg
Stinkfish..

'In with you then,' and the door opens.

23.jpg

The man down in the cellar whistles when he spots me, glancing at my breasts.

ai.jpg
Greetings.
dra.jpg
What's up, girl?

He lifts his gaze to my face.

ai.jpg
I'm looking for Master Drago. Is that you?
dra.jpg
Nay so sure 'bout th' Master, but I'm Drago, yeah. First time I see ya, I think. Who sent ya?
ai.jpg
Master Nathan.
dra.jpg
'K. Ya got stuff fer sale?
ai.jpg
Err...stuff?
dra.jpg
Ne'ermind then. What do ya want?
ai.jpg
Master Nathan told me to look you up for a lesson I have to learn. About stealth, and sneaking, and hiding, he said.
dra.jpg
Hrr, do I look like a teacher or what?
ai.jpg
Well...
dra.jpg
No need t' tell me. So ya're one o' Nath's new girls, huh?
ai.jpg
Yes, I guess.
dra.jpg
We run a wee biz o' importin' and exportin' goods down 'ere, if ya get me drift. So if ya stumble 'pon stuff ya wanna sell, but don' wanna go t' th' pansy merch'nts in th' city, ya come down 'ere. Got it?

LP Comment: At this point my brain hurts at copy writing his 'deliberately misspelled lines to have a fake accent' shit going. Fuck this guy. Oh yeah, for some reason, we can't sell stolen goods to merchants. We need to fence it to Drago. So yeah, that's basically the point of finding him.

ai.jpg
I shall keep it in mind.
dra.jpg
Har, you talk like a mushy nobly girl. Wonder where Nath got ya pick'd up!

LP Comment: And you sound retarded. I refuse to type your neanderthal short form language that forms your pixellated personality.

I remained silent at his comment. Perhaps I need to watch what I say, lest I be exposed as the princess.

dra.jpg
Ok. You got experience with sneaking and hiding yet?
ai.jpg
Some, yes.
dra.jpg
Right. Gonna run a little test with you then.
ai.jpg
Okay.
dra.jpg
The cellar here gots an entrance to part of the sewers. We're using them for business mainly. Problem is, it's full of nasty stuff. To make a good smuggler outta you, you're going to practice crossing the sewers. You go in there, and if you manage to reach an exit alive, you've passed.

That's it? This isn't so hard...

ai.jpg
Nasty stuff?
dra.jpg
You'll see soon enough. Try to sneak your way through. Stay well clear of things and be quiet like a mouse! If they see you, run back here as fast as you can! Things won't follow you up here. And you won't make it through alive you're seen. Got it?

I nodded. Best to follow his advice and be extra careful, then.

dra.jpg
And be careful not to bump into things . Here's a healing potion just in case. Don't waste it.

He hands me a bottle and open the door behind him.

24.jpg

dra.jpg
Good luck!

I sold off most of my ill-gotten loot and decided to take a little bit of caution before proceeding. I return to the tanner shop at the harbor district and picked out the protective cloak.

25.jpg

It costs me 604 gold pieces, but I think it's well worth the price.

26.jpg

The storekeeper buys the old plain cloak for 2 gold pieces.

27.jpg

I return to Drago after a short rest, and decided to purchase some thieving supplies, just in case. Pocketing the extra lock picks in my knapsack, I waved at Master Drago as I descend into the darkness below.

28.jpg

The rancid smell of the sewers greeted me. I suppressed my gag reflex and cast the Almighty's blessing before creeping forward, noticing several pair of eyes glinting in the dark.

29.jpg

Hmm...what's that sound?

30.jpg

Oh, just rats...I ignored them and unlock the nearby portcullis.

31.jpg

32.jpg

Looks like a way up...this is easy enough...

33.jpg

The passage leads to another section of the sewer. As I picked another door, I spied several cobwebs. Perhaps a lair of Giant spiders is nearby?

34.jpg

I was mistaken. It's not just a giant spider.

35.jpg

It's a sword spider. I decided not to challenge it and sneak past the arachnid, which shares its nest with another giant spider.

36.jpg

I went past the two spiders and tore at the cobwebs blocking the way.

37.jpg

I descend even deeper to the sewers.

38.jpg

Locked doors continue to tempt me along the way.

39.jpg

One yield a chest filled with minor treasures.

40.jpg

At some parts, the amount of rats are just unbelievable and I was forced to slaughter them. No problems there. I moved onward.

41.jpg

Hmm...who's that at the distance? I crept closer to have a look.

42.jpg

Oh it's a Dhorn officer with him! I wonder what they're talking about! I hid behind several pipes to eavesdrop on their conversation. A small stream of river waste separates me and the pair. I held my breath as they spoke.

sold.jpg
And what makes you think we would tolerate this?
man.jpg
Think about it. What better way to control crime than control the organization who runs it?
sold.jpg
My solution would be to exterminate all criminals!
man.jpg
You know that won't work.
sold.jpg
Maybe I should start with you.
man.jpg
Uh...
sold.jpg
But I have a proposition for you. That organization you dream of replacing causes us some real trouble lately. Our chief investigator in that matter was found dead floating down the river, his throat cut open.

The dead Dhorn by the harbor?

man.jpg
A warning that he talked too much?
sold.jpg
We have not been able to track down anybody of their inner circle. Soon as we start asking questions, everybody in the city becomes VERY silent. Mind you, we know how to get answers. I'd have you on your knees, ready to tell whatever I'd wish to hear, within an hour. At most.
man.jpg
Are you done threatening me?
sold.jpg
I think of it as a reminder not to fail us. Apart from beating up a few beggars and drunk sailors, your little gang hasn't achieved anything, so far.
man.jpg
Not true. What about last night's operation?
sold.jpg
We've killed a bunch of lousy thieves. Like you are one.
man.jpg
Hrmph.

That man is an informant! That sealed building must've been caused by him! Bastard is betraying them to the Dhorns!

sold.jpg
But maybe you're less stupid that you seem. Find out who runs this...organization, that has caused us so much trouble. We want those who pull the strings. Find out what you can, and report to me immediately. Do this, and we may speak about your proposition again.
man.jpg
We'll need money to bribe some people.
sold.jpg
Money's not an issue. Just find them, and give me their names. And dont't fail us...

The Dhorn officer left the mysterious figure alone....

man.jpg
Asshole.

Finally, both of them went out of the sewers through an unseen passage. I am unable to follow, our platforms are divided by a stream. My mind wondered which organization are they referring to? Is there a thieves guild in this city? Or could it be Master Nathan's?

43.jpg

Too many questions, too little answers. I focused on my current task, escaping the sewers. Another door yield to my lockpicks.

44.jpg

A pack of rats succumb to my onslaught as I make my way through the sewers.

45.jpg

Hmm. This is it? I ascend the ladder.

46.jpg

stan.jpg
You must be the girl that Drago mentioned, Aisha.
ai.jpg
You know him?
stan.jpg
I'm Stan. I'm the door keeper.
ai.jpg
Nice to meet you, Stan.
stan.jpg
My task is to bar the door, and keep people that have no business in the sewers.
ai.jpg
Oh, I see.
stan.jpg
I'm going to give you a key, so you can use the sewers for getting around the city quicker. Here it is.
ai.jpg
Thank you, Stan.

I pocketed the key and looked down the ladder. Sewer systems, huh? I guess this is another way to avoid Dhorn patrols and those perverts on the surface. I seem to recall Master Nathan telling me there's another lesson giver lying below the sewers. Hmm...

ai.jpg
I'll be going down again, Stan. See you later.

Stan waves and resume his guard duty. I ascend the down the ladder and proceed to explore southwards, from a distance I could see several sentries wielding longbows...they waved as I approach.

47.jpg

kas.jpg
Hey there! Stop!

I stopped.

kas.jpg
Oh, it's Aisha.
ai.jpg
You know me?
kas.jpg
Alfons told us you'd stop by sooner or later, yup.

Alfons...that's the name of the person I'm looking for! He's the one I should speak to for another lesson.

ai.jpg
And what is this place?
kas.jpg
Heh, just go in.

I nodded and continued past them. The metal door creaked open, torch lights could be seen behind the doorway and within it, many voices were heard. More than I thought would be down in the sewers.

49.jpg

A young woman, perhaps two or three years older than me, clad in some really scanty clothes, grins widely when she spots me and quickly walks up to me.

tar.jpg
Hi there! I'm Tarleth. Nice to meet you, Aisha!
ai.jpg
Hello Tarleth, nice to meet you.
tar.jpg
Master Nathan said you'd be around sooner or later, so we were warned.

She winks at me conspiratorially.

tar.jpg
But you'd better be careful around Alfons today. Something went wrong last night, and he's been cussing ever since. Almost bit my head off when I said hi earlier.

Last night? Could it be?

ai.jpg
What happened?
tar.jpg
No idea, sorry...I wish I knew.
ai.jpg
What can you tell me about this place?
tar.jpg
It's our base of operations so to say. Alfons run the show. You've met him yet.
ai.jpg
No, I haven't.
tar.jpg
He's not so bad. Maybe a little ill-tempered from time to time. Don't take it personal if he tries to bite your head off. It's just his way to speak his mind freely.
ai.jpg
I see...
tar.jpg
This little hideout is our current base of operations. Good place to rest and relaxa. If you don't mind sleeping with snoring scoundrels, that is.

She grins. I eye her warily.

tar.jpg
Heh, don't worry. Nobody will try to get under your skirts. The boys have been told that Master Nathan wishes they keep their fingers off you.
ai.jpg
That's mighty nice of him, I guess.
tar.jpg
Well, maybe Pett will. I've never seen him turn down an offer. *She grins.* Also, we run a little, uh, shop. The prices are lousy but the guild buys about anything without asking questions.
ai.jpg
That's good to know.

LP Comment: This is another fence, a much better one. With thief gears and such. You'll see.

tar.jpg
There's also Mando and Jacia. You can talk to them about an occasional job. And Jacia sells a few special goods. Poisons and the like.
ai.jpg
Master Nathan said I have to pass my lessons first.
tar.jpg
Yes, I know. Still it might be worth talking to them. Nothing bad about earning a few extra coins, right?

I nodded in agreement.

tar.jpg
But be careful when you try to break into locked houses. The Dhorn patrols usually kill thieves on sight.
ai.jpg
Of course.
tar.jpg
Well, see you around.

She smiles and return to her duties. I look around at the hideout, noting the persons and layout.

50.jpg

It's....larger than I thought it would be. Could this be the secret organization that Dhorn and informant wants to find?

Black Cat

Magister
RK47 said:
The battle with the spider proved easy. With my dire badger distracting the giant insect, I easily flanked the creature to deliver a few well-placed sneak attacks. It collapsed with a high screeching sound.

:rpgcodex: *softly taps her foot*

Lindblum

Augur
pia.jpg
It was just a test, Aisha. To see if you are able to handle a...let's say, delicate situation. Master Nathan had everything arranged.

Nathan is a very bad man.

RK47

Patron
Black Cat said:
RK47 said:

:rpgcodex: *softly taps her foot*

The spider isn't a giant insect? Hmmmmmmmm Oh yeahhhh, HAHAHAH!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom