Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Bad narrative there, really. Hope it lightens up on it a bit, it's distracting.

I'm not reading this in details, but if you think about it for a moment, because nobody seems to want to, it kind of makes sense for a woman to be raped at every corner in a proper medieval setting, if she doesn't stay in the kitchen... so to speak. I'm not saying I particularly enjoy that kind of realism, but I'm surprised there weren't any comments that didn't point this out yet, so here I am spreading the good word. Maybe all this sexual fetishism can make sense if you look at it this way, altho I doubt realism was really the motivation of course

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Desmodus Rotundus said:
You can put the weapon and the shield on the same quick slot so as to be able to equip unequip them at the same time.

Yeah I know, but I like keeping the shield on by default. It doesn't count as being 'armed' by the guards. I'd take all the AC I can get...I'm pretty shit in combat. At times I want to lower the difficulty but realized, perhaps this is an accurate portrayal of a 10 STR woman living in a grimdark world of D&D.

spekkio

Arcane
So, a NWN 1 mod has better gameplay and creepiest writing than everything that Bioware shat since?

:smug:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Serious_Business said:
I'm not reading this in details, but if you think about it for a moment, because nobody seems to want to, it kind of makes sense for a woman to be raped at every corner in a proper medieval setting, if she doesn't stay in the kitchen... so to speak. I'm not saying I particularly enjoy that kind of realism, but I'm surprised there weren't any comments that didn't point this out yet, so here I am spreading the good word. Maybe all this sexual fetishism can make sense if you look at it this way, altho I doubt realism was really the motivation of course
It's not realism, it's something you'd expect to see in Monty Python. This entire module is getting closer to being a rape equivalent to the "it's just a flesh wound" scene from the Holy Grail.

Aside from the fact that this module seems to be spiritually more BioWare than BioWare themselves (just replace furries with rape fantasies and make pretty much every quest revolve around them), I must admit I'm pretty impressed by this module overall. I don't know how much of it is scripted, but it seems that most of the interaction with the game world is nonviolent and combat is simply one option among others. I'd really, really like to see that approach in more games. You rarely see an RPG where killing someone is kind of a big deal instead of being something that happens every thirty seconds. The stealth section seemed pretty impressive, even though I'm not sure whether that was because of the module or just RK47 being awesome. The characters seem to have quite a lot of personality and the writing is pretty solid save for some occasional dumb moments. The amount of freedom given is also nice, and the player is punished for being dumb or careless, which is great.

Overall, I'm loving this LP.

RK47

Patron
Chapter 07: Ore no Imouto

I returned to the Bear's Pit and washed the beggar's clothes. Not too cleanly, I told myself. I want to make it somewhat authentic. I donned it after drying it, then I returned to the kitchen and gathered a handful of ashes from the kitchen's stove.

01.jpg

I smear it on my arms, legs, and into my hair. Eww! Okay, I look very dirty now! I waved away the unused ashes from my palms and walked up to Chella.

02.jpg

ai.jpg
How do you like my disguise, Chella?
chel.jpg
Hmm, let me see. Yes, I think that should actually work, Aisha. Let's go and test it!

She smiles and grabs me by the arm, leading me upstairs.

03.jpg

chel.jpg
I caught this little rat stealing from the patrons. I figured I'd bring her to Master Nathan.
tim.jpg
Don't be silly, Chella. You know that nobody goes inside unless they have an invitation.
chel.jpg
Oh, but I'm sure Master Nathan would be delighted to see her.
tim.jpg
The moment she tries to step through the door, she's dead. No second warning.

Chella grins widely and rubs the ash off my cheeks.

LP Comment: On the first preview I wrote it as 'rubs the ass off my cheeks' I LOL'ed.

chel.jpg
Know her now?
tim.jpg
Heheheh. Too funny, Chella...

The two guards laughed among themselves after realizing their mistake. The disguise was a success!

chel.jpg
Well done, Aisha! *She smiles and hugs me.* I'll tell Master Nathan that you have passed this lesson!

I nodded and returned to my room to clean up the disguise.

04.jpg

After a nice, hot bath, I leaned back in the tub of warm water as I think of my next move. I recall all of my thieving experience as well as combat so far, and decided I was ready to advance my Rogue training to the next level.

05.jpg

I rose from my bath as my decision was made and began practicing with my thievery arts.

06.jpg

I felt...sharper.

07.jpg

As I looked at myself in the mirror, I felt more confident of dodging more attacks. Master Hatori's training paid off...I've killed my first man. Soon, Vico...Soon.

08.jpg

This is enough for now. I dozed off into bed after packing up my training materials.

The next morning...

09.jpg

I grabbed breakfast from the kitchen and met Caron as usual on the hallway.

10.jpg

I smiled at him.

car.jpg
You wearing anything underneath? *He smirks.*
ai.jpg
Yes, I am.
car.jpg
Hehe, I don't believe you!
ai.jpg
Could we change the subject, already?

He smiles.

car.jpg
Okay, so what's up?
ai.jpg
I've finished one of my lessons!

He looks at me curiously.

ai.jpg
Chella's lesson was about disguising. She made me play the role of a beggar.
car.jpg
A beggar? You?

He laughs.

ai.jpg
Why's that funny?

He regards me for a couple of moments, then shrugs.

car.jpg
I don't know. It just seems odd to me. You're so graceful. And it's not just the way you move. It's also your speech. Pretty much everything about you, actually.
ai.jpg
Oh...
car.jpg
You must think I'm a pretty big fool, huh? *Grins.* Guess I just like you. *Smiles.*

I try to ignore that comment. This is not the right time...I don't really want Caron to get involved. And if Vico hears this...

ai.jpg
Well, anyway. In order to pass Chella's test, I had to fool Master Nathan's bodyguards upstairs.
car.jpg
Heh. They must be pretty blind. Guess we should be concerned for Master Nathan's safety. *He smirks.*
ai.jpg
Right. You wouldn't be fooled that easily, of course.
car.jpg
I'd have recognized you.
ai.jpg
Don't be so sure about that.
car.jpg
I am sure. It's your eyes. You can't disguise your eyes. *He smiles.*
ai.jpg
Oh...
car.jpg
Well, I'd also recognize you by the size of your butt. *He grins.*
ai.jpg
Caron!

He chuckles.

ai.jpg
You know, for a moment I thought you were a really nice guy.
car.jpg
Well, sorry...*He clears his throat.* Anyway, got any other news?
ai.jpg
Not right now.
car.jpg
Alright, but keep me updated.
ai.jpg
Sure!

I waved him goodbye and set forth towards the marketplace. According to Master Nathan, Master Yance is the person I should seek out for pickpocketing lessons.

11.jpg

12.jpg

ai.jpg
Greetings, are you Master Yance?
yan.jpg
That I am, yes. And who wants to know?
ai.jpg
I'm Tina. Master Nathan told me to look you up. He said you'd teach me something?

He studies me critically.

yan.jpg
Hm. Teach you?
ai.jpg
Well, yes.
yan.jpg
You've got expertise with putting your fingers where they don't belong?

LP Comment: Well, she's got experience with someone putting something into her.

ai.jpg
I have some basic knowledge of thievery...
yan.jpg
Very well. Show me. I've got a ring in my pocket. Get it, and it's yours.

I smiled and get to work. I walked away a few steps from him and quietly approach. Finally, at arm's length, I dipped the tip of my fingers into his pocket in search of something metallic. Only for Master Yance to turn around with a disapproving stare.

13.jpg

He told me to try again, this time with better timing and closer range before I swoop in. This time, it went smoothly.

14.jpg

He did say it's mine, right? I slipped it into one of my fingers.

ai.jpg
I've got it!

I showed him the ring on my finger.

yan.jpg
Good. Keep it. The problem you'll face when you're sent on thieving mission is that most people won't be amused to catch you in the act. If you're caught, run away, hide behind a corner, and try again. Sometimes you may also have to steal from somebody who'd attack you on sight. So it's a good idea to learn how to be stealthy.

I nodded.

yan.jpg
Okay. This is Timmy. *He puts a hand on a little boy next to him.* He works for the family, too. He's really good at pick pocketing.
ai.jpg
Okay.
yan.jpg
He just passed his final test. He has placed three rings on three different people in the city without their knowledge. A copper, a silver, and a steel one. Your task is to bring me these three rings.
ai.jpg
Where do I find these people?
yan.jpg
The first ring is on a dark skinned sailor at the harbor in South Betancuria. Careful. These guys are rough with pickpockets.
ai.jpg
I know...
yan.jpg
For the other two, check out...5 Castle Street in North Betancuria and 23 Knight's Street in Western Betancuria. Got it all?

I finished scribbling on my journal and nodded.

yan.jpg
Good luck, then!

Later at 5 Castle Street...

15.jpg

That wasn't so hard. The front door was easily picked...and it's just a guard dog. Let's find that ring!

16.jpg

Oh dear, the door to the second floor has a very complex lock on it..I need to get the key. I eyed the bookcase across the room and tiptoed past the guard dog. As I got closer, I dipped my hand into the shelves, hoping to find a loose key in the middle of the books. When suddenly a loud, SNIKT! sound was heard.

17.jpg

I reeled back in shock as spikes cut the length of my arm. I gritted my teeth to suppress my scream. Careless, girl! I made a mental note to check for traps next time.

18.jpg

I made sure the trap no longer triggers and emptied the shelf. Three books and a key was all that I found. I guess I can read it later. The key fits the door to the second floor!

19.jpg

A simple lock on the chest of drawers was bypassed in the second floor and I snatched a lone ring inside. One down, two to go! I could leave immediately, but what's the fun in that? The house is practically empty! I ransack the other room and grabbed a red dress from a bare cupboard.

20.jpg

21.jpg

It'll do.

22.jpg

From a nearby desk, I plundered a ring with bluish-glow. I shouldn't wear these when I am sneaking around. Satisfied that I took everything that isn't nailed down, I left the house and said a prayer of thanks to the Almighty.

23.jpg

LP Comment: +5 Chaotic Alignment per looted containers. :M Princess doesn't give a fuck.

24.jpg

The next place to find is in West Betancuria. I'm definitely saving the worst place, the harbor for last. Knight's Street...

25.jpg

Uh oh.

LP Comment:
ohshit.jpg
Turn to the next page to initiate rape scene.

jero.jpg
Hey there, little coo! What are you doing there?

He eyes me up and down, his gaze finally resting on my chest. I'm not used to this Dhorn's behavior. I thought their kind wouldn't think of such things. But every family always have a black sheep, huh?

ai.jpg
I'm just going along the street...That's not forbidden, is it?
jero.jpg
Normally, it's not. But in your case...

LP Comment: Fuck you asshole: It's not. So it's not.

jero.jpg
A young woman, all by herself, and clad in these skimpy clothes. I must say that looks more than fishy.
ai.jpg
But I'm just a poor kitchen girl, I don't have any money to buy better clothes.
jero.jpg
That's what you say. But I can just see how my superiors might suspect that you are a prostitute looking for customers.
ai.jpg
I am NOT a prostitute!
jero.jpg
They all say that. I'm afraid I will have to arrest you. Unless...

He looks at my breasts. I weighed my options. I could try running, but he'd use that to prove my guilt and call on his comrades to arrest me. Attacking him in the open would lead to a similar outcome. I'll...I'll have to convince him to let me go somehow.

ai.jpg
Please, can't you let me go?
jero.jpg
Prostitution is a capital crime. They might even hang you for it.
ai.jpg
But I told you, I'm no harlot!
jero.jpg
I'll tell you what. How about you...convince me personally that nothing illegal was about to take place here?

LP Comment: Why don't you just invest more points in Intimidation already, you fail-as-fuck persuader?

ai.jpg
And how would I do that?
jero.jpg
Well, one of these houses is unoccupied, if we went there together, and you'd be nice to me, our patrols would certainly have no ground for reasoning that you are a prostitute doing it for the money.

I can argue with this guy all day, but I doubt he'll give way. I have to wait for my chance in a secluded spot. I spy his fully armored outfit and swallowed. He's not going to be easy.

ai.jpg
Fine. Sure...whatever.
jero.jpg
Come.

He puts an arm around my waist as we walked.

26.jpg

jero.jpg
We'll be undisturbed here. Our troops have confiscated this house after its former owner, uhm, passed away. It will most likely be sold in a couple of weeks, but until then, it will do. So tell me, what's your name?
ai.jpg
Tina.
jero.jpg
Tina..That's pretty. *Smiles.*

I shift uncomfortably.

jero.jpg
Well, how about you show me your tits now, Tina of Betancuria?
ai.jpg
No..I..I don't want to do that.
jero.jpg
Huh? Why do you think I brought you here? So we could talk about the goddamn rain?!

I gritted my teeth as he tightened the grip around his sword. I regretted not wearing my chain hauberk. I won't be able to change into it...I drew a deep breath as I make a reach for the morning star on my belt, when suddenly the door opens!

27.jpg

28.jpg

It's one of Master Nathan's guard! I think we can take him on now!

tim.jpg
I'm the one who'll kick your ass all the way back to Dhorn if you don't keep your fingers off her.

LP Comment: ....probably the most sensible and bad ass line in the game so far.

The Dhorn turns towards me and frowned.

jero.jpg
You know that bull?
tim.jpg
I'm her brother, Dhorn.

The Dhorn turns back to face Master Nathan's bodyguard.

jero.jpg
Her brother, huh?

29.jpg

LP Comment: Aisha, what does the power scouter say? :M

jero.jpg
Well, okay.

Finally, the Dhorn seemed to back down and returns his gaze at me.

jero.jpg
I usually spend my evenings at Tald's Tavern. Look me up when you've rid yourself of your brother. It's going to be worth your while.

He touches my shoulder briefly, then leaves the building.

30.jpg

ai.jpg
Whew, I'm SO glad that you came by, Timo.

LP Comment: Rape Averted. I really don't know how or why the creator scripted this in...does she leave it to her players to choose whether the PC is to be raped or not raped? Is it a rail-roaded rescue? Or not?

tim.jpg
You okay, Aisha?
ai.jpg
that Dhorn said he'd arrest me..

He nods.

tim.jpg
I saw you with him and figured you might be in trouble.
ai.jpg
I'm really glad that you came by.
tim.jpg
Wasn't by chance, Nathan told me to keep an eye on you. For the first couple of days, anyway.
ai.jpg
You've been following me the last few days?

LP Comment: Well where were you when I was raped in the harbor, muscleman?

tim.jpg
Yeah, though I've got to admit that I've lost you a couple of times.

LP Comment: Oh.

tim.jpg
Want to go and see Nathan now? We should tell him of this.
ai.jpg
I've got something else to do, first.
tim.jpg
As you wish. But please be a bit more careful from now on, okay?

He left the warehouse and I continued to Knight's Street unopposed.

31.jpg

The door yielded to my picks. No guardians at the first floor. Smooth start.

32.jpg

I raided the kitchen for some loose bits and found a prized healing potion in one of the drawers.

33.jpg

The second floor is occupied by a lone man. I assumed he must be carrying the ring somewhere in his pocket. If not, it must be somewhere in this floor.

34.jpg

I searched the room next door and found a sole loose gem in the corner of a drawer.

35.jpg

I crept quietly to the man and dipped into his pocket.

36.jpg

Curses!

ai.jpg
Ah!
her.jpg
I'm going to take you to the guard, bloody thief! That will teach you, stealing from hard-working people.

He glares at me. I better think of something fast!

ai.jpg
(Bluff) Do as you must. The guards are going to let me go within the hour.
her.jpg
Hm...

He gives me an unsure look. I pressed my luck.

ai.jpg
(Bluff) There are those people who force me to do this. They are going to beat me if they learn that you have caught me...
her.jpg
Oh, ouch. *He gives me a compassionate look.* Alright. I'll let you go.

I sighed in relief. Good think I have a sharp wit! Now I'll just have to come back later and...

her.jpg
But I want something in exchange, pretty thing.

He smirks and points towards his trousers. I gave him a puzzled look to buy some time.

her.jpg
You take my dick in your mouth, sweetie. You surely have done that before?
ai.jpg
You've got to be joking.

I backed off from him and reached for my morning star...

her.jpg
Then I'm going to take you to the guard, stupid cunt! Make up your fucking mind already!
ai.jpg
The only thing I'll make is you, BLOODY!

I swung my morning star at his face and retreated down the stairs as he dodged the strike.

37.jpg

He followed close behind as I put on my chain hauberk and equipped my wooden shield from my pack.

38.jpg

her.jpg
Where you going, pretty thing? Come!

He descended down the stairs with his palms open.

ai.jpg
Yeah, COME TO MY BLOWS!

39.jpg

The strike hit him squarely on his chest, he clutches it in pain. We exchanged blow, and even though he is barehanded, I am ashamed to admit that he is getting the better of me. I attempted to call upon the Almighty's blessing, but his punches would disrupt my casting.

her.jpg
You're going down, bitch!

I reached to my pack and quaffed a potion.

40.jpg

ai.jpg
Don't think so, thanks for the potion!

I need a second wind, I retreated upstairs.

41.jpg

As I arrived first to the top of the stairs, I awaited his arrival and timed my swing perfectly. Hitting him on his soft sides.

42.jpg

ai.jpg
Bleed, you bastard!

He gurgled in reply as blood exited from his mouth. He attempts another swing with his bare-fist. It was too slow, the strength has left him. I dodged and gave him no mercy.

ai.jpg
Coup de grace!

43.jpg

her.jpg
UNF!

With a loud twhack, his head collided with the wooden pillar, and the white of his eyes swallowed his pupils. Dead.

ai.jpg
Another man slain!

I grabbed the ring from his pocket and helped myself to his purse. I took one last look at his body before looting everything else in his house.

44.jpg

Satisfied, I slammed the door behind me and smiled at the Betancurian rain that greeted my exit. It's a good day today!

RK47

Patron
Also most situation in this module can be described by this gif:

gif-animiert--Tiere--tessy--GBS--cute--gifs--funny--PMac3--taglines--animation--HUMOR--sandee--mieszne--meri--dog-and-chicken--gif--God--ani.gif

Black Cat

Magister
RK47 said:
LP Comment: Rape Averted. I really don't know how or why the creator scripted this in...does she leave it to her players to choose whether the PC is to be raped or not raped? Is it a rail-roaded rescue? Or not?

It's a, uhm, quest trigger. Later on you can sleep with the Dhorn guy every time you want for money, which coupled with other similar events is a good way to get all the low level spells in your wizard book if you have the patience and the stomach, and are a wizard. Or if you are a sorceress wanting to have a bunch of scrolls of spells you did not get on level up.

There are loads of triggers like that, and I even believe you missed a couple based on your previous choices. There may be other ways to trigger those quests, though.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:bounce: Reinstalling NWN RIGHT NOW!

Man... Semi-disturbing rape fetishes aside, this module actually looks pretty damn awesome. And judging by the amount of DISCUSSion this LP has already generated, it might be the best rpg since pst and desu ex :P

Erebus

Arcane
What are the effects of completing a lesson ? It'd be nice if it actually improved the skills you'd been working on, but I'm not sure such a thing would be possible in a NWN module.

7th update, uh ? So far, we've experienced rapes, attempted rapes, public nakedness, artistic nakedness, furtive nakedness, random nakedness, hardly there clothes, BDSM, accusations of being a prostitute and rampant lechery. We've even managed to protect our virtue once or twice. The obvious question is : what's next ?

My bet is on bondage. Putting aside the whipping, we haven't been bound a single time. What's up with that ?

racofer

Thread Incliner
I'm considering giving this mod a try and whoring myself through the game just to see how it goes. Pretty fucking awesome stuff so far. :salute:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
IT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID BEING RAPED IN DANCES WITH ROGUES

although it seems to be going better now. thank u for not whoring yourself out too much rk47, it is disturbing enough as it is.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm seriosly going to have to play a male gnome for this module. Even if I'll probably have to hax0r the files for it to let me. It'll be lulzy.

Also, the creator really ought to have called this module Raped Rogues with Raping in Rape: The forced nonconsensual sexing.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Let's see if you can stomach the horrible sequel module. The first is hilarious and even has some good design, but the second one... urgh. It's the most tedious shit I've played on the NWN engine, and that's quite an achievement.

Part 2 is more or less complete although it's still a work in progress. Last update was last year and made some pretty noticeable changes as well as a lot of subtle changes to part one. Valine promised that things would change for part 2, and the second half of part one indicated that the changes to part 2 could be a pretty big deal. She was trying to figure out exactly what to do with part two around this time last year, so it might be worth delaying part 2 until it's ready.

RK47

Patron
Erebus said:
What are the effects of completing a lesson ? It'd be nice if it actually improved the skills you'd been working on, but I'm not sure such a thing would be possible in a NWN module.

7th update, uh ? So far, we've experienced rapes, attempted rapes, public nakedness, artistic nakedness, furtive nakedness, random nakedness, hardly there clothes, BDSM, accusations of being a prostitute and rampant lechery. We've even managed to protect our virtue once or twice. The obvious question is : what's next ?

My bet is on bondage. Putting aside the whipping, we haven't been bound a single time. What's up with that ?

Completing these lessons are the only reliable way to gain meaningful EXP. Unlike most standard modules where combat makes 75% of the EXP rewards, this is the complete opposite.

Chapter 08: The Third Ring

I step carefully on the harbor, wary for any dangers from its dark alleys. Suddenly, a voice calls out my real name from the darkness.

01.jpg

ai.jpg
How do you know my name?
boy.jpg
A man told it to me. He pointed at you and gave me this note to deliver.

He hands the note over. I eyed it warily. Who could it be? Dhorn spies? Or is it Vico just messing with me?

ai.jpg
A man? Who? What did he look like?
boy.jpg
I don't know. He looked just like every man looks.
ai.jpg
Yeah, that helps.
boy.jpg
I don't know who he was. He just ordered me to give you this note.
ai.jpg
Alright, thank you.

He holds out his hand, obviously expecting a reward. I did not have the heart to refuse.

ai.jpg
Well alright, here's a coin for you.
boy.jpg
Thanks a lot, pretty lady!

LP Comment: +1 to Good Alignment

He beams a smile at me, then darts off. I unfold the note and read it.

02.jpg

Not a trap, huh? Oh well. I know where the Old Wharf is, but it's still too early. I need to find this third sailor on the mean time.

03.jpg

I ignored him completely. A dark skinned sailor is the one I'm looking for...

04.jpg

Ah, that must be him. Here goes...

sailor.jpg
Want to see a really big pole, sweetie?

He grins and makes an obscene gesture.

ai.jpg
I don't think so. I just came by and had to admire that pretty ring you wear on your finger.
sailor.jpg
*He grins.* Yeah, found it in my pockets. No idea where I have it from, but I like it!
ai.jpg
Do you think you could part with it?
sailor.jpg
Depends...how much?

What am I saying? I could just steal it off him! I shook my head and back off into a darker alley, waiting for an opportunity.

05.jpg

His back's turned. Now's my chance.

06.jpg

I've got it! I smiled to myself as I stuffed the tiny thing into my pocket and walked away. It's time I hand these rings over to Master Yance. I left the dirty harbor district behind me and return to the marketplace.

07.jpg

ai.jpg
Do I know you?
man2.jpg
Oh my God! You are Princess Aisha!

I was stunned. Who is this man? I must keep my act for now...curses, if only I had put on the beggar disguise!

ai.jpg
You must be mistaken.
man2.jpg
No, no. I am absolutely sure! Princess Aisha! *Bows.*
ai.jpg
I'm sorry, I really don't know what you're talking about.

If this carries on, the Dhorn will get me! I need to get him to shut up!
man2.jpg
Oh my god, if my wife hears that you're still alive..! You have to know, we were always great admirers of the Royal Family!

Damn this idiot! Doesn't he know my circumstances?

ai.jpg
Who are you?
man2.jpg
I used to tend the horses in the castle when one was sick. I've seen you pretty often when you went out for a ride, I have a talent for recognizing faces, I think. Your hair is different..but still, I'd recognize you on the spot, everywhere...I still cannot believe you're talking to me. Are your parents alive as well? We've seen their corpses impaled on the castle walls. Was it just a trick to fool the Dhorn? Are they off to gather an army to take the city back.

Damn it, just shut up already! This fool! I ..I can't deny it any longer. The look on my face as he mentioned my parents' deaths...

LP Comment: Skill Checks. This Conversation Has None.

ai.jpg
Look, as far as I know, only I survived.
man2.jpg
Oh...

I weighed my options. I need to silence him. How? Should I draw him to a quieter place and...No, no. Stop thinking with violence. I need someone else more experience with this...I need...I need Master Nathan's help!

ai.jpg
Look. We should talk, but not here...Meet me at the Bear Pit Inn, please.

I hope I'm not making a mistake. If he told his neighbors, Master Nathan and the rest of the inn will go down along with me.

man2.jpg
The Bear Pit Inn? Is that where you live now? Of course, Princess! I shall meet you there! *He bows.*

LP Comment: Valine can be quite inconsistent in her writing. At times, she calls it the Bear's Pit Restaurant. Like the sign said outside, but Aisha would call it a tavern when she head downstairs for the first time. And now, the 'Bear Pit' is an Inn. That doesn't have any room for rent. Consistency can be a bitch to maintain.

I parted with him and hasten my pace to the marketplace. I must return to Master Nathan after handing in these three rings.

08.jpg

yan.jpg
Hm. You've acquired them indeed. I'm surprised. Honestly, I thought you'd not be able to do this.
ai.jpg
You should never underestimate your enemies.
yan.jpg
*He laughs.* I hope I won't ever have to fight you then! I'll tell Nathan that you're a decent thief. *He smiles.*
ai.jpg
Thank you.

That's another lesson passed. But I can't rest on my laurels, I need to bring this urgent news to Master Nathan!

09.jpg

The Bear's Pit's been my home for months...and a new family to me. I must protect them at all cost. I entered the first floor and shuffled past the tables. When suddenly, a patron stood up and waved at me.

10.jpg

man2.jpg
Hey there, pretty girl! Care to join me for some wine?

He smiles at me invitingly. I eyed him warily. What does he want? Can't he see I'm not one of the waitresses?

man2.jpg
Come. You can sit on my lap. I'll pay for everything of course.
ai.jpg
Sorry. I'm not that kind of girl.

He sighed in disappointment as I left him behind and climbed up the stairs.

11.jpg

The sight of Caron eased my concerns somewhat. He's been a good friend.

car.jpg
Hey there, Aisha! What's up?
ai.jpg
I've completed another lesson!
car.jpg
Cool! What happened?
ai.jpg
I passed my pick-pocket lesson!
car.jpg
Heh. Well, good thing we practiced, right? *He grins.*
ai.jpg
Yes. I had a good teacher. *Smile.*
car.jpg
*He smiled back at me.* Want to tell me more about it?
ai.jpg
There's not a lot to say. I had to pick-pocket three rings of some people in the city, then bring those back to Master Yance at the market place.
car.jpg
Yance? He's still around then? That's good.
ai.jpg
You know him?
car.jpg
Yep. He was my teacher and mentor. He introduced me to this business. *He smiles.*
ai.jpg
Oh, I see.
car.jpg
Want to hear the story?
ai.jpg
Sure.
car.jpg
Must have been five or six years ago. I had traveled to Betancuria together with a fruit merchant, but I didn't lik ebeing an apprentice boy a lot. Way too much work. I thought about becoming a pimp, that looked like a really cool job.

LP Comment: A chinese boy's dream. :smug:

car.jpg
Lots of pretty girls you're in charge of, but you don't have to actually do anything but stand around and look grim.

I rolled my eyes. Caron can be such a dreamer when young! He noticed my reaction and continued.

car.jpg
Well, I was young and stupid. I had a really rough time for a while just finding something to eat. Yance caught me one day while I was trying to cut the purse of an older lady. I'm not sure whether he was impressed by my technique or just took pity on me, but he took me in, and taught me how to do this properly. Did you know that he was the leader of a whole gang of thieves back then? All of them, youngsters like me. We all stole together, slept together, hid from the guards, shared our spoils. It was like a family, only better.
ai.jpg
But what about your parents?
car.jpg
*He shrugs.* I've got no idea who my father was...My mom worked in a tavern, but she was killed when I was little.
ai.jpg
I'm sorry to hear...
car.jpg
Yeah, well. That's the course of life. And all in all I cannot complain. Well. Expect that Chella's not allowing me into your bed. *He grins.*
ai.jpg
In your dreams.
car.jpg
In my dreams, she does allow me in. And you wait for me with open arms. *He smirks.*
ai.jpg
Forget it, Caron.
car.jpg
So...Got any other news?
ai.jpg
Not right now. I've a report to make to Master Nathan, see you later, Caron.
car.jpg
Alright, but keep me updated!

12.jpg

nat.jpg
Aisha.
ai.jpg
Master Nathan, someone recognized me in the streets! It was a citizen. Male. He was absolutely sure it was me.
nat.jpg
Go on.
ai.jpg
I told him to meet me here at the inn...I'm so sorry, Master Nathan. I should've been more careful...
nat.jpg
No, no. You made the right choice. Describe him as best as you can.

I tried to do so, recalling the memories of whatever he was wearing and his features.

nat.jpg
I'll take care of it, Aisha. Is there another matter you wish to discuss?

I tell him of my encounter with the Dhorn who accused me of being a prostitute and how Timo saved me in the nick of time. He listened attentively and thanked Timo for a job well done. When I have finished my story, he scratches his chin.

ai.jpg
That must have been the first Dhorn I've met who showed such an interest in...you know.
nat.jpg
Yes, very unusual. Tell me about him. Anything you remember.
ai.jpg
He was older than me, but still young for a soldier, I would say. He had short, brown hair. He told me that he can be found at Tald's Tavern at times, and that I should come and see him.

He nods.

ai.jpg
So what should I do? Should I go and see him?
nat.jpg
I'll tell Mando to send one of his girls. It sounds very much like it would be worth checking out, but I don't want you to do that, Aisha.
ai.jpg
Oh, why?
nat.jpg
It's risky, and you're just learning the ropes.

He's got a point. That man was armed to the teeth and a Dhorn soldier, botching up with him would arouse suspicions.

ai.jpg
But if I still go there...?
nat.jpg
I don't think it is a good idea. Now, was there anything else?
ai.jpg
There is a certain matter of a self-portrait of mine. It was secured inside the Dhorn Administration Building, but I've got it back!
nat.jpg
Good. I trust you will keep it in a secure place?
ai.jpg
Of course.
nat.jpg
Anything else?
ai.jpg
That's all for now, Master Nathan.

I left his office and returned my room for a short rest. I pondered about the meeting tonight with the mysterious person. This is not a trap, the note said. Yeah, right. Laying on my bed, I flipped through the books I stole and didn't find any of them interesting. Save for one. It was titled, 'Wind by the Fireside.'

13.jpg

So as you shiver in the cold and the dark
Look into the fire and see in its spark -
My eye
Watching over you

As you walk in the wind's whistling claws.
Listen past the howling of the wolf' jaws.
My song
Comes to you.

And when you're lost in the trackless snow,
Look up high where the eagles go.
My star
Shines for you.

In deep, dark mine or on crumbling peak,
Hear the words of love I speak.
My thoughts
Are with you.

You are not forsaken
You are not forgotten.
The North cannot swallow you.
The snows cannot bury you.
I will come for you.
Fae'run will grow warmer.
And the Gods will smile
But oh, my love, guard yourself well-
All this may not happen for a long, long while.

I drifted to sleep as I finish the last passage of the poem.

15.jpg

It's night. Time to meet our mysterious person. I donned the chain hauber and carry the small shield on my left hand. Better be prepared. I mutter a short prayer before I take my leave.

16.jpg

It's dark, but the Dhorn still patrol the streets. I hid in the shadow as I drew my morning star. I won't be caught unarmed.

17.jpg

Something...moves in the shadows. I felt a churn in my gut. I slowly mutter a prayer of light and felt His Presence empowers me.

18.jpg

I see a lone man in the distance. I gazed at his outfit and measured my chances.

19.jpg

The figure standing by the lamp post looks at me expectantly. It's a man in his middles years, with short dark hair. I don't think I have seen him before. But he wears blue and yellow plate and mail, like my father's soldiers did!

20.jpg

figure.jpg
Lady Aisha. *The man bows.* I trust you got my note?
ai.jpg
Who are you? And how do you know my name?
figure.jpg
I served in the King's Guard. I've seen you a few times at the castle. My name is Justan. Justan Fyne.
ai.jpg
I..I don't think I know you. Besides, I heard the Dhorn killed all soldiers of the King's Guard.

He looks disappointed.

figure.jpg
You don't remember me?
ai.jpg
Maybe I would if you told me a little more about yourself?
figure.jpg
I know your life must have been miserable since the Dhorn have taken over the city. I'm tired of hiding, too. But I might be able to get us out of the city!

I stopped and think about what he said. Leave the city? To where?

figure.jpg
I've spoken to a Captain who would grant us passage to Illeria. We would be free! You could proclaim who you are and stay with Illeria's nobility, in exile. Maybe even marry a prince. You'd be a queen again as it befits your station.

I'm not born yesterday...

ai.jpg
That sounds too good to be true.
figure.jpg
Yes...but the passage won't be free. The captain risks quite a lot smuggling two people out of the city who the Dhorn are after. So he asks for ten thousand gold coins.
ai.jpg
Even if I'm interested in your offer, I don't have that much gold.
figure.jpg
*He nods.* Neither do I. But your valiant Justan has found a solution that will earn us the passage, and we'll even have money left for Illeria.
ai.jpg
What? How?
figure.jpg
Well, there's a lot of talk in the harbor taverns. It seems like the Dhorn are very much interested in finding a group of local thieves and smugglers. They are offering a huge amount of money for pointing them in the right direction.

Is he referring to Master Nathan's operations?

ai.jpg
What makes you think I could be of help?
figure.jpg
I've been watching you ever since I first spotted you in the streets. You're acting strangely. Vising places, doing things...I think you've been in contact with those criminals. I've often seen you around the Bear Pit Restaurant. Is that where they are located?

LP Comment: A restaurant now.

figure.jpg
I don't mean to blame you, Princess! I can imagine how desperate you must have been. But all you'd have to do is give me some names, and we could be off to Illeria! Then we could leave this nightmare of a city behind for good!

Chella. Nathan. Caron. And the rest of the kitchen staff..I can't let them come to harm. They've done so much to me. Vico...Vico is related to them, too. No. I won't do this. I'll stand here and fight together with my new allies! They've been friends and mentors, how can I sell them out and run away!

ai.jpg
No. I won't betray them.
figure.jpg
Think about it! A normal life! No more hiding! What's the fate of a few low class thieves compared to your future?

Go to hell. I don't care if they're thieves. They didn't steal my parents from me!

ai.jpg
No. I won't do that!
figure.jpg
That's your final decision?

I reached for the morningstar on my belt and nodded grimly at him.

ai.jpg
You heard me. Now leave me be.

A long pause followed. I stared at him hard, expecting him to signal the rest of his cohorts to jump me. I'm ready for anything.

figure.jpg
I'm glad.
ai.jpg
Huh?

He smiles.

figure.jpg
Until we meet again, Princess.

He bows, then there's a flash!

21.jpg

And he's gone!

Drakron

Arcane
-Slutty clothing.
-Rape.
-Made by a women.

Why I am not surprised? Every fucking time one of those White Knights come about complaining about how game portray women in a negative light because of how they look and how they are dressed ... well at least they are NOT subject to rape attempts every fucking 5 steps are they?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
19.jpg

Forgot about these windows.

These challenge ratings in NWN were so misleading.

Effortless could describe a creature that could insantly kill you, and Impossible could describe an ogre that was dead in a few rounds.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Drakron said:
-Slutty clothing.
-Rape.
-Made by a women.

Why I am not surprised? Every fucking time one of those White Knights come about complaining about how game portray women in a negative light because of how they look and how they are dressed ... well at least they are NOT subject to rape attempts every fucking 5 steps are they?
Read the sex scenes, there's no way in hell the author was a woman.

RK47

Patron
DwarvenFood said:
" Are your parents alive as well? We've seen their corpses impaled on the castle walls" haha..

fallout22011-04-2217-00-37-70.jpg

Radisshu

Prophet
Heh, this LP is a pretty fun read.

Wyrmlord said:
19.jpg

Forgot about these windows.

These challenge ratings in NWN were so misleading.

Effortless could describe a creature that could insantly kill you, and Impossible could describe an ogre that was dead in a few rounds.

Yeah, it was based on the creature's CR compared to your own or something.

Black Cat

Magister
It's actually quite fun to read this Let's Play thingie given it becomes pretty obvious there is a lot of different ways to solve each situation. So far you have solved almost every quest, like, completely different to how I did.

Admiral jimbob said:
Read the sex scenes, there's no way in hell the author was a woman.

Someone's an idealist.

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom