Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum - Summoner: Goodbye, Arcanum?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
PlanHex said:
RK47 said:
Real life work is starting to eat up my time again, and I've a test coming on 22 July. :( Not much time left...Sorry for no updates.
Good luck with the test today.

Update when you're done maybe? ;)

I took medical leave and postponed the test till next month. :smug:

Ain't no fucking way I'm paying a hundred bucks to retake a failed paper. So...I'm still revising now...but under less pressure...workplace wise, it's getting busier...I'll try my best this weekend.

RK47

Patron
Hey guys, just got in touch with my little classmates...5 Students, one dropped out, one passed, two failures and one absent on medical leave. :smug:

"Why didn't you tell me that you're planning to do that?! I would've done the same!" :lol:

01.jpg

Gilford's band of adventurer's left the Island of Thanatos, their destination: The Vendrigroth Wastes.

Days later, Ashbury..

me.jpg
Refresh my mind, Virgil. Where are we supposed to find this...artifact again?

02.jpg

me.jpg
Where do we start?
seb.jpg
According to the locals, the only way to get there is through a rusty bridge called the 'Gateway'...past that, not many people know the landmarks. We could spend weeks, months even, looking for this particular ruins.
virgil.jpg
The school of magic, Tulla, is rumored to be located somewhere in the wastes. I've never been there myself.
me.jpg
I see. Mages want privacy, I guess.
seb.jpg
Vendrigoth Wastes used to be the site of a highly technological city...until Arronax happened to them. Kinda ironic there's a school of mages built on top of those...
me.jpg
We've wasted enough time, let's head out to this Gateway and see where we'll go from there.

03.jpg

LPer's Note: This is where the game sorta dropped the ball in quest leading. You'll see why.

After days of travel...

04.jpg

me.jpg
Who might you be?
seb.jpg
Careful, boss. How did this little survive out here?
wal.jpg
I am Weldo Grubin, the renowned halfling adventurer, at your service good sir.
me.jpg
A halfling adventurer?

The halfling pulled himself up to his full height and attempts to look Gilford in the eye.

wal.jpg
What are you implying? I can adventure with the best of them!
me.jpg
It is just that most halflings aren't much for adventuring, is all.
wal.jpg
Oh. Well, I actually find most halflings a bit on the boring side. No thrill in their lives, nor do they want any.
me.jpg
So..uh...you explored these parts? Mind telling me some of your adventures?
wal.jpg
I always love to speak of my adventures! What can I share with you?
me.jpg
Well, for a start, foudn anything of interest in your travels?
wal.jpg
Well, yes, actually. I found a very interesting device on a foray near here. *He holds up a small, peculiar item for Gilford to look at.* I found this in some old ruins out in the wastes.
me.jpg
Really?
wal.jpg
Yes. The ruins were made of a metal of a sort I've never encountered before. There was all manner of junk around and inside them. I found this device while rummaging through it.
me.jpg
I see...
wal.jpg
Some nasty lizards must live underneath it, because they swarmed out at the noise and I had to retreat a ways.
me.jpg
Sounds bad.
wal.jpg
Well, you have to expect danger in my line of work.

LP Note: AND THAT WAS IT, FOLKS! I can't ask a single shit about this 'metallic ruins'.

me.jpg
Oh, like what?
wal.jpg
I have seen all kinds of strange critters. I have seen giant spiders with the upper body of a woman! That wasn't the strangest thing, though.
me.jpg
What could be stranger than that?
wal.jpg
Once I saw the darnedest thing. Deep in the desert, I saw a rock stand up and move around. I swear it looked at me, too.
me.jpg
Did you speak to it?
wal.jpg
Don't be absurd. I took off my hat, bowed graciously, and left it to its own devices.
seb.jpg
Riiiight. This guy is full of it...
me.jpg
Wait,...have you seen any cities in the wastes?
wal.jpg
Well, it's pretty empty out there, and I haven't been exploring all that log. But I found this one city, way out in the wastes, surrounded by shifting sands. No roads led into or out of the place.
me.jpg
Hmmm. Continue.
wal.jpg
There's no obvious entrance, so I climbed the surrounding wall. From that vantage I could see the whole place.
me.jpg
Anyone in there?
wal.jpg
Yeah, there were a lot of people inside, lots of different races. Everyone was wearing robes and acting very polite and all.
me.jpg
Hmmm. Did you go inside?
wal.jpg
No, I climbed back down and left. Bigger folk have their own ways, and I won't be disturbing them.
virgil.jpg
That...could be Tulla, the city of mages.
me.jpg
Waldo, please show me where it is on my map..
wal.jpg
I don't know...perhaps if you did something for me, first....
seb.jpg
Bah! You're leading us on, halfling! Forget this..
me.jpg
Relax, Seb, I got this. I'm beginning to wonder if you actually know where the city is.
wal.jpg
Of course I know where it is!
me.jpg
Then show me. There's no harm in that.
wal.jpg
Fine! Here. Down here! *Stabs the map with his finger.*
me.jpg
Thanks, Weldo...I'd invite you...but I think our travels would be a bit much for a halfling...
wal.jpg
Pfft. Get out already, you ungrateful folks!
seb.jpg
Tsk, spared you from the Void, we did...let's go.

The party stepped onto the rusty bridge....

05.jpg

me.jpg
Unbelievable. I guess what they said about Vendrigoth is true...

06.jpg

seb.jpg
Yeah, wooden bridges would've been destroyed by now...but this iron bridge is still steady as ever...

07.jpg

me.jpg
Let's head over to Tulla...
virgil.jpg
Well, assuming the directions are correct...
me.jpg
Gee, what are the chances? C'mon.

LP Note: Yeah, that's the only way to get there. I think. Not sure if wandering around in the wastelands aimlessly will trigger the point spawning in the map....but man, just a halfling to lead you to Tulla? I smell end game rushed development incoming!

After many days of travel...

08.jpg

me.jpg
Hi, what is this place?
mag.jpg
Ah, it is you. Jorian told us to be expecting you. You may enter.
me.jpg
Thank you. But who is Jorian? Is this place Tulla?
mag.jpg
Jorian the diviner. He is inside, waiting for you...and yes, this place is Tulla, the city of mages. To enter, just walk through the pillar.
seb.jpg
For real? I've seen demons and fireballs...but a teleportation...
me.jpg
Scared? C'mon!

09.jpg

10.jpg

seb.jpg
Zounds!

11.jpg

me.jpg
Well. That's...interesting.
zan.jpg
So this is where the other race's mages gather...or are they simply hiding in fear of technology?
me.jpg
Or..perhaps they simply want to keep their secrets away from prying eyes...anyway, any visions of this place?
zan.jpg
Mmm. Very well.

12.jpg

me.jpg
Cryptic. Let's meet this Diviner...

Stasgard

Liturgist
Yeah, the Arcanum end-game suffered the typical Troika rush, didn't bother me so much on my first run through, but subsequent playthroughs made it glaringly obvious how much weaker this part of the game was in comparison to the rest.

Also: Update woo! :love:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Can't you skip the entire Tulla/Vendigroth thing if you attack Nasrudin? Or do you need the Vendigroth device to finish the game? I've never tried attacking him, but I heard he'll send you straight into the Void.

Stasgard

Liturgist
Yeah, you can. Once he gets low enough on health he will send you and the party down. At which point you need to either:

Talk Kerhgan down, join Kerghan or kill him with the Falchion.

It doesn't change the end-game all that much.

friartucksduck

Educated
RK47 said:
Hey guys, just got in touch with my little classmates...5 Students, one dropped out, one passed, two failures and one absent on medical leave. :smug:

"Why didn't you tell me that you're planning to do that?! I would've done the same!" :lol:
Good luck, you diabolical genius, you. :salute:

RK47 said:
LP Note: Yeah, that's the only way to get there. I think. Not sure if wandering around in the wastelands aimlessly will trigger the point spawning in the map....but man, just a halfling to lead you to Tulla? I smell end game rushed development incoming!
It's definitely rushed, but it's a bit more complete than that; you can also find Tulla by asking Perriman Smythe (and, I think, Geoffrey) about it, and yes, you can also find it by wandering.

RK47

Patron
I am sorry.

Retconaissance

01.jpg

me.jpg
They are not MY responsibilities.
nas.jpg
We have no choice in our responsibilities in this life, regardless of how it may appear. I can assure you, this is your task to shoulder...
me.jpg
Do NOT speak to me about responsibilities, old man! YOU faked your own death. YOU hid yourself here, undisturbed while the whole world fell under a dark plot once more with your lost flock leading the world to its doom...were it not for ME. I've done my part, it's time you do yours.
virgil.jpg
...Master, please. I understand your anger but...Nasrudin must have his reasons...
me.jpg
No, Virgil. I'm done doing the dirty work...you've died twice following me, already. Haven't you had enough? You believed in his teachings...yet THIS is all he can do? Days, weeks, months we've been hounded by murderers, and murdered our way through...some victims undeserving of such fates...You didn't even know what I did to Qintarra, did you, o Great Nasrudin?
nas.jpg
What? Speak! What have you done?
me.jpg
Only what needed to be done to all uppity elves like you. *spits*
nas.jpg
Virgil.
virgil.jpg
He...we.....murdered them..
nas.jpg
You...what? *Looks shaken.* For what purpose? *Clenches his fists.*
me.jpg
Say no more, Virgil. *Raises his right palm to gather his magickal energies.*
virgil.jpg
No, this is wrong! Please, stop, both of you!
me.jpg
You want answers too, Nasrudin? Well, then, you're going to have to earn it! *Hurls a necromantic spell.*

Virgil froze. He couldn't move a muscle. It had gone so horribly wrong. He regretted answering the call of resurrection after his death...death, would've been a more merciful fate than witnessing this...

The rest of Gilford's companions did not hesitate. Torian raised his axe, Zan Alurin shifted into her rock form, ready to smash the elven wizard. When suddenly...

03.jpg

zan.jpg
No! That spell! It can't be!
me.jpg
What spell is he casting?
nas.jpg
I am sorry, Gilford...I can't kill you yet...not when there's so much to be done...I leave everything to you...*Finishes his spell.*
me.jpg
Damn you, Nasrudin! Damn you, coward!

Desperately, Gilford unleashes his Quench Life magick at the elven wizard, who made no attempt to dodge it...His work was finished...he closes his eyes as the spell snuffed the life out of him. The sight of Nasrudin's body was the last thing Gilford sees before the world disappeared from his gaze...

Music: Pagan

04.jpg

me.jpg
Where.... are we?

RK47

Patron
Music: Under Construction

Thanks for the wait guys, I'm as excited of this update as you are, because we're entering an unfamiliar zone.

01.jpg

Gilford's party had no respite, the green skinned creatures descended upon them upon their arrival. When the battle died down, Sebastian shook his head and sighed, he had run out of bullets.

me.jpg
This is...this is the Void?
zan.jpg
It would appear so. Nasrudin...banished us here.
me.jpg
That coward!
seb.jpg
May I recommend we fight our way to a clearing before resuming this discussion? There's still plenty of hungry void beasts...
torian.jpg
I agree. There is a clearing nearby...west of here.
me.jpg
Okay, let's move!

02.jpg

Several dead lizards later...

me.jpg
Alright, looks safe enough..Virgil, are you okay?
03.jpg

me.jpg
Look, I'm sorry I got you into this mess. You were with me from the start...Everyone else here too,...I..
virgil.jpg
Sir, it's not your fault. I...it's too late to change anything. Let's just find Arronax and finish it.
zan.jpg
Arronax...he should be somewhere in the Void,...but where, I know not.
me.jpg
He may hold the key for us to escape from here. Damn Nasrudin and his son!
seb.jpg
I should've packed more bullets, ah well...*swings his Balanced Sword* I'm ready, boss.
me.jpg
Alright. Stick tight...I'm running low on stamina potions myself...I guess I should return to my original roots...
zan.jpg
Mmm, what was your original Circle of mastery, Gilford?
me.jpg
Before necromancy? This.

07.jpg

zan.jpg
Ah, Conjuration...
08.jpg

me.jpg
This familiar takes a lot out of me to summon...but at least I don't have to maintain an upkeep...
09.jpg

me.jpg
Everyone ready? Let's fight our way east...I think I saw something glowing over there...

11.jpg

me.jpg
Hmmm. What do you think this is?
seb.jpg
I can't tell. It looks...technological but...here? In the Void?
me.jpg
Let's get on it. There's no way off this island anyway...

12.jpg

me.jpg
Uh huh...a teleportation pad and more ruins.

13.jpg

virgil.jpg
How is it possible there's a man-made structure here?
me.jpg
We need to get inside...let's circle around the back. The front's got plenty of jellyfishes...

14.jpg

me.jpg
Huh, no luck avoiding them. Let's fight our way in!

15.jpg

me.jpg
Way's clear. Let's go!

16.jpg

17.jpg

me.jpg
I'm here for Arronax. Get out of my way.
18.jpg

virgil.jpg
Really? It's..
me.jpg
At this point, I don't really give a damn whether it's a trap or not. Arronax dies. Then we get out of here. That's the plan. Questions?

No one asked any. Gilford took a step forward and the Spectral guards made no move to stop him. The gateway opened revealing an elven figure encased in a greenish, obviously magickal shell. Their eyes met.

19.jpg

me.jpg
Arronax, I presume?
arr.jpg
Your presumption is correct. And who might I have the pleasure of addressing?
me.jpg
(Huh. I expected him to be much taller and clad in that sinister red robe...) I am Alain Gilford.
arr.jpg
Well, Alain Gilford, what brings you to my corner of oblivion?
me.jpg
I didn't choose to come here. I was involved in events beyond my control.
arr.jpg
That is the feeling I have much familiarity with. Sometimes I feel that my fate was decreed from an early age.
me.jpg
(Fuck you.) You are here because of your actions, not some cruel twist of fate.
20.jpg

me.jpg
(God, just shut the fuck up...) Oh, by the way, about your father: I killed him.
21.jpg

me.jpg
Why would you care? I simply finished what you had started.
22.jpg

me.jpg
I have no time for this self-reflection bullshit. I killed him, and I'll kill you too. Come out of your shell.
23.jpg

me.jpg
I would squish you like I did your pathetic father.
24.jpg

me.jpg
I don't - wait. Kerghan trapped you in there?
25.jpg

me.jpg
When did he trap you? After you had the Black Mountain Clan banished?

Arronax remained silent.

me.jpg
Arronax! Answer me!

Arronax turns his back, refusing to speak further.

me.jpg
Kerghan?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Whoah, we're suddenly heading to the end very fast.

Probably a wise choice though, this is some good reading, RK47

RK47

Patron
I've encountered a very strange bug...Kerghan would not resume our conversation after his exposition cinematics...the animation loops....errr...This LP is in limbo until it is resolved. :lol:

friartucksduck

Educated
RK47 said:
I've encountered a very strange bug...Kerghan would not resume our conversation after his exposition cinematics...the animation loops....errr...This LP is in limbo until it is resolved. :lol:

If you're looking for a resolution, the man to talk to is Muro at the terra-arcanum forums. Good luck.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Look, I understand you want to capitalize on the success of the LP, but really, this is a very powerful dick move, man.

Think of your fans, don't do this.
Just resume the LP, no questions asked and you will see your popularity soar anyway.
There is no need to employ such petty stratagems to raise the interest.

You are among friends.

Please,

MOARRRRRR!

RK47

Patron
Lol...what would I gain by delaying this? I really want to wrap this shit up ASAP. Hence that's why I retconned the Void attack earlier. Then the game just bugs out right after the Kerghan exposition cinematic plays. It finishes playing, then loops again to the same dialogue line that triggers the cinematic. I can only press ESC to quit or continue the loop again.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Oh? I see you took me somewhat seriously.

I am honored, but you should not mind what I said, I saw a perfect opportunity for a mindfuck and couldn't resist.

But surely you remember the Mass Effect 3 LP that you shamelessly abandoned.

Jokes aside, I really believe the way you are LPing this is pure genius.

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom