Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum - Summoner: Goodbye, Arcanum?

friartucksduck

Educated
RK47 said:
The costly membership to the library,
Text window said:
Librarian: Dead.

Costly, yes, but for whom?

Another fantastic update. Keep that dark helm charm a-rollin'.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
friartucksduck said:
RK47 said:
The costly membership to the library,
Text window said:
Librarian: Dead.

Costly, yes, but for whom?

Another fantastic update. Keep that dark helm charm a-rollin'.

I knew I forgot something in the update...:lol: Yeah, by the time I noticed it, I realized...hmm, would anyone notice?

01.jpg

me.jpg
Here you are.
virgil.jpg
Looks like we'll be spending a night in Tarant, after all.
me.jpg
It's going to be some time till we return. I'd like to say goodbye to some of Madame's girls.
virgil.jpg
*Winks* Understood, sir. Enjoy yourself.
me.jpg
Will do. The rest of you, please try to behave.
torian.jpg
I know nothing of this city. I'll try not to raise attention.
geoff.jpg
Guess I'll try to find a decent cup of tea in this city...Hmph.

Later...

03.jpg

me.jpg
Hmph. Good riddance. *Tosses the paper to the rubbish bin and enter Madam Lil's*
02.jpg

me.jpg
Come on, Willow. It's time for another lesson...
willow.jpg
Why, I missed you, Gilford...
me.jpg
Sorry...been away for business...I'm only dropping by for a day. Let's head to your room...

Later, inside the room...

me.jpg
*Lies in bed. Awake.* Hey...
willow.jpg
Yes, Gilford?
me.jpg
Is it always like this?
willow.jpg
What is?
me.jpg
The lamp...why is it flickering? Is it because I'm magical? Cause some technological shops won't even let me in to browse their goods nowadays...
willow.jpg
Tee-hee, you ARE magical...but it's not just that, Gilford..
me.jpg
Hmm, do tell...
willow.jpg
It's the recent murders, you see...Gilbert Bates. Heard of it?
me.jpg
What about him?
willow.jpg
Madame told me without Mr.Bates, Tarant wouldn't end up like this...his steam engines kept the sewers and electricity running. It's basically what kept the street lamps lit up at night...but ever since he's dead...no one really knew how to fix or maintain it...
me.jpg
Wha-
willow.jpg
That Appleby fellow, he tried to take over the responsibility, but couldn't keep up...things kept falling apart. Then one day, he died...authorities said a 'big dog' came and tore him apart in the middle of the night. Horrid!
me.jpg
I...is there no one in Tarant that could fix the steam engines?
willow.jpg
*A worried look came to her face.* No...I don't think so, Gilford. If things turn rotten...the Madame said she might move out of here...
me.jpg
(I've...doomed Tarant.)

The light flickers again as the lamp struggles to maintain its charge.

willow.jpg
Mmm, there it goes again...maybe we need to put your helmet away from it. It looks magical. *Stands up and move the helmet away.*
me.jpg
Yeah, maybe...*Yawns.* Willow..
willow.jpg
Yes, dear?
me.jpg
I...I'll protect Tarant.
willow.jpg
Aren't you sweet? But how? With magic?
me.jpg
I'll...I'll figure something out...come here..*hugs Willow.* I promise. *Closes his eyes.*

The lamp flickered for the last time and falters...darkness reigns over the room.

spy.jpg
Yes...I'd pegged you for a patriot. We're in desperate need of men like you...the fate of Tarant rests in your hands....
will.jpg
The monarchy...well, how should one phrase it?..became,uh, "outdated" about 50 years ago.
spy.jpg
Mr. Willoughsby is a powerful man, and his influence are far-reaching. Men such as he, you just never know what they're getting into.
will.jpg
Suffice it to say that the city has prospered under our new system of government.
spy.jpg
You see? Two men, strangers really, can have a logical, rational conversation, and the next thing you know, things are being done. Good things, mind you, necessary things. Things that made this city great...
me.jpg
Yes, power has the tendency to corrupt most men...
helm.jpg
Unlike ours, eh? Gilford?
me.jpg
Who-
helm.jpg
It is time for us to act....The fate of Tarant...is in YOUR hands...

04.jpg

me.jpg
What....the hell? *Drops his staff.*
dog.jpg
*Whines.*

RK47

Patron
Invasion - Hans Zimmer

me.jpg
NO! It wasn't me! I didn't do it!
05.jpg

dog.jpg
*Whines.*
06.jpg

me.jpg
Huh.....huff....it was...a dream?
willow.jpg
You better get up before the madam kick you out, Gilford!
me.jpg
I...thank you.

The morning sun shone into his eyes. He shields the glare with his palm, and from the corner of his eye, Gilford spots his helm, still sitting on the table across the room.

me.jpg
Hmm...
07.jpg

me.jpg
...could it be?
08.jpg

geoff.jpg
Rough night, Gilford?
me.jpg
Somewhat. Yes.
torian.jpg
You seem uneasy, why are you holding on to that helmet? Aren't you going to wear it?
me.jpg
No...I don't need it any more.
geoff.jpg
That's fine...you can give it to me.
me.jpg
No. Geoffrey. I'll get you a better one.
09.jpg

geoff.jpg
Somehow I doubt it. But whatever. Caladon?
me.jpg
Yes. But before that, I need to make sure of something....

10.jpg

me.jpg
(He's alive! Uh..wait, that was stupid of me.) Hello, Mr. Willoughsby...have you time to talk?
will.jpg
What would you like to know about?
me.jpg
What, in your opinion are the major problems in Tarant?
will.jpg
Oh, we've many problems here in Tarant. The rise of criminal activity in the Boil is one of them. I'm taking...uh, personal measures...to alleviate that problem. We've also a rising orcish and half-orcish population here in Tarant...they've created UNIONS. *He spits out the name.* and have caused a general unrest among the laborers here in the city...
me.jpg
What personal measures are you taking in the Boil?
will.jpg
*He clears his throat, looking as if he thinks he said too much.* Oh, nothing. Let's forget I ever said it...
me.jpg
Come now, Willoughsby. *Wink.* You can trust me....
will.jpg
*He chuckles, winking back.* Ye-e-ess, perhaps you are the sort of chap I might bring into my confidence. I've a man who works for me...Sebastian's his name. I've contracted him to, uh..,take care of things in the Boil. If you're the sort of man who's interested in assisting in that sort of endeavor, having a drink at Caleb Malloy's in the Boil. He's usually around.
me.jpg
I'll do that, Mr. Willloughsby. Take care of yourself.
virgil.jpg
Ahem...I hope you're not thinking of going to the Boil, are you?
me.jpg
Mmm. Problem, Virgil?
virgil.jpg
Oh, no...not at all! But why don't we settle business in Caladon for now? The Boil's such a mean place to be...you don't want to step in there...
me.jpg
Well...okay. Let's head to the docks...
virgil.jpg
*Phew.*
geoff.jpg
Pussy.
me.jpg
Cut it out, Geoffrey.

However...

me.jpg
Excuse me, officer. But what is this place called?
16.jpg

me.jpg
I see. I'll take my chances, thank you very much.
station.jpg
Be my guest. But no one here will heed your cries for help as you lay dying.
me.jpg
Oh, I wouldn't worry about that...
virgil.jpg
Sir, why?
me.jpg
Virgil...*Puts on robe over his jacket.*
me2.jpg
I've done some terrible things...Tarant...may never be the same again.
Virgil.jpg
...but...you did it for..
17.jpg

me2.jpg
My own selfish desires.
virgil.jpg
That's not true! You are the -
me2.jpg
The Prophecy means nothing to me. I know I'm damned, Virgil. Allow me this act of selfishness and give what little light I could to this fair city I've doomed....*Steps towards the Boil and raises his staff.*

The thugs raised their arms and charged forth, eager to claim their kill.

virgil.jpg
You're not going in alone! *Charges in.*
me2.jpg
Thank you, Virgil....
geoff.jpg
Don't forget about us!
me2.jpg
Everyone...*Smiles.*

The Boil Massacre has begun.

RK47

Patron
A clash of metal, explosion of magickal powers...and tearing of flesh later...

01.jpg

me2.jpg
Good. Looks like this is Caleb Malloy's. Willoughsby's contact must be inside.
02.jpg

The watering hole's patrons eyed the party carefully as they gripped their mugs. However, upon noticing the three dead thugs outside, they decide to wait for a better chance...or reason to attack. Life is short in the Boil, why rush?

me2.jpg
Greeting, sir. Have you a moment?
seb.jpg
What is it you need?
me2.jpg
I've spoken with Edward Willoughsby about you...
seb.jpg
Yes...Mr. Willoughsby mentioned that someone might be stopping in here for a drink. *He looks around.* I can respect a man who's got the stones to make a trip over to the Boil...
me2.jpg
Well...I suppose you could call me a 'concerned' citizen.
seb.jpg
*He gives Alain an appraising look.* I see. He told you of his...'plans'...over here in the Boil?
me2.jpg
He mentioned that. Perhaps you might elaborate?
seb.jpg
Well...*He lowers his voice and leans closer.*...Mr. Willoughsby has his concerns about what's happening here in the Boil. Do you know anything about the place?
me2.jpg
Not much, actually.
seb.jpg
*He looks disappointed.* Hmmm. The Boil's not a place you want to walk into without knowing what it's about. Most places are like that, actually. Remember that...might save your life someday...
me2.jpg
I appreciate the tip, Sebastian. You were saying?
seb.jpg
Well, the Boil is a rough place. There are two gangs here which control most of the criminal activity...one is Clan Maug, and the other is Pollock's Gang.
me2.jpg
Tell me more about them...
seb.jpg
Well, Pollock Gang is a group of rag-tag ruffians who run things in the South Boil. Clan Maug is holed up in the Bentley, an old hotel just north of here. They're a tad smarter than the boys from Pollock's Gang, but no less deadly.
me2.jpg
(That's two heads to decapitate...) Go on...
seb.jpg
As you can well imagine, Clan Maug and Pollock's Gang aren't very fond of each other. There's quite a few disagreements between members of the gangs, and most of them end up with people dead...
me2.jpg
Interesting. What does Mr. Willoughsby have to do with all of this?
seb.jpg
Well, Mr. Willoughsby is an important man here in the city. He's a little more than concerned that the 'element' here in the Boil will spill over into the better parts of Tarant. And, of course, he just can't have that happen.
me2.jpg
I take it that's where you come in?
seb.jpg
*He smiles, wolfishly.* Exactly.
me2.jpg
(Taking these gangs out should help ease Tarant's problems.) I'm in.
seb.jpg
*He looks at Alain, eyes narrowing.* Really? You think you're cut out for this sort of work, friend?
me2.jpg
(I've killed better men than these...) I'd be up for the task...
seb.jpg
*He seems convinced.* Good, good. Listen, I'm not exactly sure what it is that you're looking for, but I might be able to help.
me2.jpg
What is it you're proposing, Sebastian?
seb.jpg
What I'm saying is...you help me take care of my problem here in the Boil, then I might be persuaded to help you with yours. What do you think?
me2.jpg
Intriguing. Let's continue...
seb.jpg
*He nods his head.* Well, as you know, Darien Maug and Pollock have always run things here in the Boil. I'm looking to take care of that particular location.
me2.jpg
As do i. What are you looking to do?
seb.jpg
Well, usually with all of the fighting that goes on around here, the gangs tend to weed each other out. But lately, the word is that Clan Maug is growing more powerful by the day...and that it's only a matter of time before Darien Maug takes over ALL of the operations here in the Boil.
me2.jpg
So what?
seb.jpg
If that happens, then what's to stop him from corrupting the rest of the city in the same manner? Get my meaning, friend?
me2.jpg
Clearly. You want to get rid of Maug.
seb.jpg
He's what I'm proposing. You get rid of Darien Maug for me, and I might think about helping you take care of your problem...whatever it might be.
me2.jpg
Very well. It's a deal.
seb.jpg
Good. When you've taken care of the problem, come back here and we'll talk further.
virgil.jpg
I don't know about this...
me2.jpg
What's wrong, Virgil? They're just thugs.
torian.jpg
They seem seasoned for a bunch of thugs..take caution, Gilford.
me2.jpg
Point taken. Maybe I'll try to work with Pollock on this.
geoff.jpg
Mmm, I thought you intend to clear the Boil of all these cretins?
virgil.jpg
Shhh! Not to loud, man! You want the whole bar to attack us?
me2.jpg
In good time, Geoffrey. Follow my lead.
03.jpg

me2.jpg
I've a few questions, if you don't mind...
thug.jpg
*He looks at Gilford, and smirks.* As a matter of fact, I DO mind, boy. You got any idea who yer' messing with in here? Being as weak and scrawny as you are...I'm surprised someone ain't already made ya into a blood puddle. *He snickers to his friends.*
me2.jpg
I see. Perhaps YOU'D like to try, braggart.
thug.jpg
*The man's eyes flare, then he almost smiles.* Hmmm. Perhaps you might have a little sand in you, boy. The Boil will teach you right quick as to just how much. I'll you some free advice...don't be sayin' words you don't mean, and don't back down to no one. Unless, of course, you run into Pollock...
me2.jpg
Thanks for the advice. How does someone go about getting work around here?
thug.jpg
Well...a bloke's gotta be careful about who he works for here in the Boil, lad. For example, let's say you were to take a job with Clan Maug. Well, me and my mates, being a part of Pollock's Gang, wouldn't take too kindly to that. You understand my meanin' lad? *He pats a thick cudgel strapped to his belt.* Yeah, a bloke's gotta be REAL careful....
me2.jpg
(Jackpot.) And if I wanted to join Pollock's gang?
thug.jpg
You might be smarter than you look, lad. You wanna work for Pollock, then I recommend you go and talk to Miranda Tears...she's the rough-lookin' lass that's standing up there by the bar. You just tell her we sent you over, and she'll decide if you're worth wastin' my time on...
me2.jpg
Thanks for the tip.
04.jpg

me2.jpg
One of your men told me I could talk to you about a job.
mira.jpg
Oh they did, did they? *She looks Alain over.* Hmm...We might have a job or two for you. You now who you'll be workin' for?
me2.jpg
Yes. He mentioned a half ogre named Pollock.
mira.jpg
Yeah, his name is Pollock, and he's not a very understanding ogre, if you get my point. *Twin blades flash from beneath her armor.* A man makes one mistake with Pollock, and there's no more mistakes. Are we speaking the same language here, mister?
me2.jpg
Of course....
mira.jpg
Good. 'Cause what I'm trying to tell you is that you don't go into business with a man like Pollock unless you're going in all the way. Plenty of blokes thought they wanted to be in Pollock's gang, then saw too much and got scared, tried to run. *She smiles, wickedly.* That's where I come in...
me2.jpg
And who might you be?
mira.jpg
The name's Tears...Miranda Tears. I take care of things for Pollock, all sorts of things. Like makin' sure he don't get any soft-hearts workin' for him. Pollock doesn't like something or someone..*She gives Alain a direct look.*, then Miranda takes care of them.
me2.jpg
Of course. Let's speak about the employment...
mira.jpg
Yes, the job. Well, it's not too hard, especially for someone that's got a brain in their skull. We've been runnin' out of ale around here, and Pollock don't like it when he doesn't have his ale.
me2.jpg
I see.(Go fetch.)
mira.jpg
There's a small warehouse here in the Boil, just a few blocks north of here. It's owned by the Clan Maug, and it's full of ale. There's usually a guard out front, and one patrolling around it. Bring back a crate, and we'll talk about further employment opportunities.
me2.jpg
Good as done.

Later...
05.jpg

geoff.jpg
Seriously? Stealing beer for a crime lord? In the Boil?
virgil.jpg
I have to agree with Geoffrey here, uh...let's..do something else...
geoff.jpg
Yes, let's just march up to their stronghold and start the slaughter!
virgil.jpg
That is NOT what I meant. We should...
me2.jpg
Hush. Go.
dog.jpg
Woof!
torian.jpg
To battle.
geoff.jpg
Oh, bother. *Summons skeleton.*
06.jpg

The guard didn't stand a chance.

07.jpg

Later...

08.jpg

09.jpg

station.jpg
Take my advice, kid. You may have survived Maug's quarters...but Pollock's men are ogres...
me2.jpg
Why don't you just shut up and let me do your job?
10.jpg

station.jpg
Fucking hell...
me2.jpg
Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Let's go.
11.jpg

12.jpg

me2.jpg
Pollock, I assume?
poll.jpg
Yeah,...I be Pollock. That's a name you gonna be rememberin' boy...
me2.jpg
Yes, I'm sure of that..
poll.jpg
*He eyes Virgil, suspiciously.* Hey, don't I know you, over there? Pollock never be forgettin' a face...I know I seen yours. Maybe you've been to th Boil, before?
me2.jpg
Virgil..?
virgil.jpg
I...I, uh...don't know what you're talking about, Pollock. I'm sure we've never seen each other before today. *He turns to Alain and whispers.* Be careful with him...I've heard, uh, rumors about him...
me2.jpg
Virgil, are you sure you've never been here before?
virgil.jpg
This is NOT the time or place to talk about such things. Just watch yourself, and be smart about what you say.
me2.jpg
(All right, Virgil.) I'm sorry, Pollock. You were saying...?
poll.jpg
I be the leader of this gang. *He looks Alain over, his fists clenching and unclenching.* You like makin' noise? Pollock don't like people makin' too much noise. I be the leader of this gang. You savvy?
me2.jpg
Of course, Pollock. I'm not here to make trouble.
poll.jpg
*He grunts, smirking.* Good, you smart. You keep bein' smart, and you not end up dead, savvy? Pollock got a job for you, smart boy. You think you got the stones to do 'nother job?
me2.jpg
I'd be gad to do whatever it is you need done...
poll.jpg
Good boy. Smart boy. You listen to Pollock, and you not end up dead. There's a man I need you to kill...man they call Darien Maug. You know Darien Maug, boy?
me2.jpg
Yes, I've heard of him..
poll.jpg
Well...Maug be livin' in that big building at the top of the Boil...it be called the Bentley. Think he king of the Boil in that building...Pollock show him who king.
me2.jpg
I understand, but is there anything you can tell me that might help?
poll.jpg
Bently locked up tight, boy. And lots of orc trash watchin' it all the time, inside and out. You got to be a smart boy, not make a lot of noise. Got to sneak in, be smart, make him dead. Savvy? I got some things might help you, boy...might just help you not get dead. You a magicker or a tech-boy?
geoff.jpg
Gilford. If we're talking to him for another minute, I'll kill him.
me2.jpg
(Patience.) I'd say I'm more of a magicker.
poll.jpg
A magicker, eh? I got something might help a magicker like you. *He hands Alain three scrolls.* Use 'em good, boy. You only gonna get one chance at this. And don't come back here unless Maug a dead orc...if I see you before it happens, I kill you myself. Savvy?
me2.jpg
And what do I get in return?
poll.jpg
1500 gold. That's all you gonna get from Pollock, savvy?
me2.jpg
Deal.
geoff.jpg
I thought he'd never shut up. Hmph!

Later...
13.jpg

me2.jpg
Well, this is it guys...
virgil.jpg
Uh..hope you have a plan. They know we're here...the moment we get too close...
me2.jpg
We kill the doorman, get in, find Maug, and kill him too.
geoff.jpg
Brilliant.
torian.jpg
I prefer it no other way.
virgil.jpg
Guess I'll just shut up and heal...
me2.jpg
Go!

14.jpg

Multiple dead orcs later...

15.jpg

maug.jpg
So...you're Pollock's new boy...come to kill me, have you? *Draws his broadsword.*
me2.jpg
You and every other bastards in this district.
maug.jpg
I'll make you eat my boots...

16.jpg

me2.jpg
Ha!
maug.jpg
URGHHH-AHHHH! *Coughs blood.* You...you're gonna give everything to....that ogre...?
me2.jpg
I guess you didn't hear me right the first time.
maug.jpg
Whuh..?
me2.jpg
I'm here to wipe the Boil clean of bastards like you...including Pollock's.
maug.jpg
Koff..see you...in hell.
me2.jpg
*Kicks Maug's head, the crime lord stops breathing.* We're done here.

Later...

17.jpg

me2.jpg
I've taken care of that 'problem', Sebastian.
seb.jpg
Yes...I'd heard about that. Nicely done.
me2.jpg
So..you said you might be interested in helping me?
seb.jpg
Yes...you seem a fairly competent fellow. What exactly are you involved in?
me2.jpg
Well, that's a long story...
virgil.jpg
Wait, what? You're going to tell him everything?
me2.jpg
I'm sure Seb's a reasonable man...(Of course, he doesn't have to know about Bates!)
seb.jpg
*He waits a while before continuing.* So. You're telling me that all of this happened to you because you were the sole survivor of the IFS Zephyr disaster?
me2.jpg
Yes.
seb.jpg
Well, I'm not hero, but I do like a good fight. You seem the trustworthy sort, and I might be willing to lend a hand.
me2.jpg
So, you'll join me then?
geoff.jpg
You can't be serious! A technologist like that...
seb.jpg
Surely, friend. Why don't we be on our way...
me2.jpg
Welcome aboard, Sebastian.
geoff.jpg
Have you lost your mind?!
virgil.jpg
Uh...we're not really into technological things, I mean, sir, just look at his equipment...
me2.jpg
Oh, shush, he's perfectly capable of taking care of himself.
19.jpg

Sebastian is a technologist. His average stats is topped by 18 Perception and maxed out Firearms. He starts with 88 Technological Aptitude and will be hard to integrate into a magickal party. He is also capable of crafting electrical inventions as well as explosives. And his starter equipment is a dangerous looking Tech-Weapon: Charged Axe.

20.jpg

Slow speed, yet deliver punishing blows, the Charged Axe is capable of dealing 21-42 damage before STR bonus is taken into account. But Sebastian lacks the strength to wield both his shield and axe simultaneously.

21.jpg

His regenerative jacket is also of doubtful value. I don't know what it means by Accelerated healing, but he sure is not protected with DR +5 that jacket is giving him.

me2.jpg
Seb, mind if Torian gets ahold of that sweet Axe of yours?
seb.jpg
Depends, you got anything for me?
me2.jpg
I think a man of your caliber would rather have a revolver instead. *Hands a fine revolver to Sebastian.*
seb.jpg
*Examines the revolver. Whistles* It's a fine weapon indeed. Where did you get this from?
me2.jpg
You wouldn't believe it if I tell you.
seb.jpg
Try me.
me2.jpg
Don Throgg's.
seb.jpg
Bullshit.
me2.jpg
Bulltrue.
seb.jpg
Hahah. Amazing. I knew Captain Wheeler didn't have it in him to lure that bastard out of the factory on his own. Well done. It's a deal, my axe for this pistol. *Hands over the Charged Axe to Alain.*
me2.jpg
Torian, use this.
torian.jpg
*Grips the Charged Axe.* I can hear...a slight humming sound. It seems to vibrate on its own.
seb.jpg
Magick! *Smiles.*
geoff.jpg
You just watch yourself, Derian-Ka, if you get any more magickal, that axe will explode in your face.
torian.jpg
Hmph. We shall see....
seb.jpg
So, where we headed to now?
me2.jpg
We're paying a visit to Pollock...
seb.jpg
Eh? What for?
me2.jpg
He's paying me for the hit on Darien Maug.
seb.jpg
Outstanding! Lead on, Gilford.

Lindblum

Augur
I love the whole Sith Lord-starts-feeling guilty and tries to make up for it plot twist.

What are the 3 scrolls anyway?

RK47

Patron
Shrink..Unlocking Cantrip...I forgot the last one...quite...useless.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
Awesome as always. Sebastian has always been one of my favourite NPCs in Arcanaum, especially when coupled with a techy player character.

Oh, and the regenerative jacket is pretty cool. I found it very useful in my gunsmithy-electrician run: it really DOES regen your health very fast (it requires batteries for that - these are easy to find or craft) but it's best to have a spare suit just in case: baddies that damage armor can get pretty rough on the regen-jacket.

korenzel

Educated
I don't have much to add except congratulate you once again for a fantastic LP.

If we could just bring this thread to the next page, this one is getting rather image-heavy.

friartucksduck

Educated
Spectacular! Loved the dream sequence. Sebastian should make for some great dialogue. I wonder if that's the last we'll see of the helm.

RK47

Patron
PrzeSzkoda said:
Awesome as always. Sebastian has always been one of my favourite NPCs in Arcanaum, especially when coupled with a techy player character.

Oh, and the regenerative jacket is pretty cool. I found it very useful in my gunsmithy-electrician run: it really DOES regen your health very fast (it requires batteries for that - these are easy to find or craft) but it's best to have a spare suit just in case: baddies that damage armor can get pretty rough on the regen-jacket.

I didn't even known the Regen Jacket is battery operated. Hmmm. Wonder if I could buy it back from that junk dealer? lol.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
RK47 said:
PrzeSzkoda said:

I didn't even known the Regen Jacket is battery operated. Hmmm. Wonder if I could buy it back from that junk dealer? lol.

I think Sebastian should able to craft one anyway.

friartucksduck

Educated
PrzeSzkoda said:
RK47 said:

I think Sebastian should able to craft one anyway.

I'm afraid not. He only gets up to the shocking staff.

RK47

Patron
Music: Cid Highwind

22.jpg

me2.jpg
Make sure your revolver is loaded, Seb.
seb.jpg
Wait, you're not thinking of...
me2.jpg
*Nods.*
seb.jpg
*Quickly checks his revolver's chamber and spins it. He finishes the inspection with a satisfying click.* After you, mysterious stranger.
me2.jpg
*Grins.*

23.jpg

me2.jpg
Yes. I've come here to get my money...
poll.jpg
Yes..you earned it. Here your money. *He hands over the money.* You done a good job, boy. You always be a member of Pollock's gang.
me2.jpg
Well, this is good bye, Pollock. *Holds an open palm against the half-ogre.*
poll.jpg
Eh? You always be one'a us, boy...but I don't swing that way.
me2.jpg
Wrong.
24.jpg

seb.jpg
Ugh...that wasn't very WHOLE-some, was it?
me2.jpg
*Laughs.* You'll fit right in, Seb.
virgil.jpg
I think we have company...*Turns towards the doorway.*
me2.jpg
I've got this covered.
25.jpg

Pollock's men burst into the crime boss' home, their vision turned red as Pollock's body came into view.

26.jpg

A hellspawn tore them a new one.

seb.jpg
Son of a gun! I don't think you really need my help! *Fires another round.*
me2.jpg
An extra bullet always helps...*Unleashes another Harm.*

The smoke and blood settles...

27.jpg

me2.jpg
*Dusts his robe.* That's it for the Boil...
seb.jpg
It'll take a few years before they can rebuild. IF we let them rebuild, that is.
me2.jpg
Let's go. I think it's time to have a chat with Mr. Willoughsby.
seb.jpg
Gunning that diplomatic assignment?
me2.jpg
Yep.
seb.jpg
Well...takes a real man to impress him. I guess after what you done here in the Boil...you COULD try. I'll vouch for you.
me2.jpg
Thanks, Seb.

Later...

28.jpg

me.jpg
I'm confident that I'll be up to the task. What needs to be done?
will.jpg
I see. Well, perhaps I will send you, if you're acceptable to my terms. You will be paid a sum equal to your performance, if in fact you are successful in convincing the King's advisors to agree to membership in the Unified Kingdom. If I find your performance acceptable, I will also train you to be a Master in the persuasive arts...
me.jpg
And how will my 'performance' be rated, sir?
will.jpg
Well, in any negotiation there is a compromise. You will be given a dossier which outlines the articles of membership in the Unified Kingdom. The less you have to compromise on those articles, the more money you will be paid. Are we clear?
me.jpg
Crystal. When do I start?
will.jpg
I'm glad you've agreed to do so. Travel to Caladon...when you've arrived there, you will meet a man outside of the Royal Castle by the name of Renard. He will counsel you just before the negotiations.
me.jpg
Was there anything else?
will.jpg
Here is the dossier I mentioned. Read it carefully...you will need to know it intimately before the meeting with the King's advisors. Renard will tell you where to meet me once the negotiations are done. And remember...these negotiations are very sensitive. Speak to NO ONE about them...understood?
me.jpg
Yes, of course. I take my leave of you. *Takes the dossier from Willoughsby's hand.* This is heavy...I'll read them later. *Leaves the office.*

As Gilford stepped out of the office, Jenks gave him a querying look.

me.jpg
*Holds the dossier proudly against his chest and salutes.*

29.jpg

me.jpg
It's getting late. Let's celebrate our victory with a nice toast at the Gentlemen's Club, shall we?
seb.jpg
Mmm, why not?

The party passes by Kensington Park, when suddenly...

30.jpg

me.jpg
No, I've not the pleasure, I'm afraid.
thom.jpg
Hah! That's obvious, or you would not have referred to it as a 'pleasure'. Well, if you happen to see him, could you tell him to get his bum over to the subterranean kiosk on the Kensington Broadway? He was meant to have met me here over an hour ago.
me.jpg
(You're damn lucky I'm in a good mood.) Any idea as to where this fellow might be?
thom.jpg
Most likely at the bottom of a bottle somewhere, unless I miss my guess.
me.jpg
I'll let him know you're looking for him if I see him.
thom.jpg
Splendid! Thank you very much, sir. Good day.

The band continued towards the Gentlemen's Club...inside Gilford queried a fellow gentleman at the counter...

31.jpg

me.jpg
(Ugh.) Who are you?
matt.jpg
*He looks at Alain intently, unsuccessfully attempting to focus.* Why, I am the honorable *Hic* Shir M...Matt de Cesare, esh *Hic* quire...
me.jpg
Well...lucky me. I'm here to deliver a message to you from Thom Grak.
matt.jpg
What? Oh, uh...what does that old tosser want now? *Hic*
me.jpg
He's waiting at the Kensington Broadway kiosk for you.
matt.jpg
Oh he did, eh? *He lurches forward, and steadies himself at the last minute before falling on top of Alain.* Shtupid *Hic* bourgeoisie businesshman! Let him wait!
me.jpg
(Dear gods...the stench!) Well, get off me. My work here is done..*Pushes the drunkard off him.*

Suddenly, a series of loud footsteps were heard, "Look out! He's got a knife!" a patron shouted.

Gilford turned around and spotted the half-orc, Thom Grak, running with a knife pointed at the drunkard.

thom.jpg
Finally, I get to kill de Cesare!
me.jpg
What the hell?

Faster than most eyes can see, the drunkard recovered and drew his pistol. The first shot caught the assailant square on the chest, stunning him. The half orc momentarily stopped in his tracks, a cough of blood signals his hand to drop the knife before he beats a hasty retreat. Obviously disoriented, he crashes past a group of patron before clawing against the wall. Matt didn't miss, the second bullet hits the half-orc and performed a lethal lobotomy, erasing whatever remained of the victim's intelligence.

seb.jpg
*Looks up from his glass of spirits.* Mmm...Never bring a knife to a gunfight.

32.jpg

me.jpg
What? What are you talking about?
matt.jpg
You're one of Grak's men, aren't you?
me.jpg
I met him on the street. He asked me to do him a favor, that's it.
matt.jpg
*He pauses for a moment, looking at Alain.* I may be insane, but I believe you. Now get out of here, before I change my mind. *He lets go.*
me.jpg
Wait - what was all this about?
matt.jpg
*He looks around.* We can't talk here...follow me.

33.jpg

The bartender gave a disapproving glare before holding forth an open palm.
me.jpg
Sigh, fine...here's 50 gold to clean up the floor. Sorry for the mess. Let's go, guys.
geoff.jpg
So much excitement....wheeeeee!
me.jpg
I think you had too much to drink, Geoffrey...
geoff.jpg
NONSHUSHNNSE! ZoMbiesss Drank Em All.
virgil.jpg
*Holds Geoffrey back.* Uhh, why don't you just talk to that Matt fellow while I take care of this drunken necromancer here...
me.jpg
Thanks, Virgil.
torian.jpg
Hah. Weakling!

34.jpg

me.jpg
What is going on here? Who are you?
matt.jpg
I can't give you those answers...yet. Suffice it to say that I am part of something that...well, even I don't rightly know exactly all that I am a part of. It is safer that way, in case I am caught...but I do know a few things, which I can tell you if you prove to me that you can be trusted. It looks like I am going to need your help, now that my presence here has been compromised.
me.jpg
Well, how do I do that?
matt.jpg
Well, this may sound strange to you, but I'm here in Tarant to recover the skulls of the Ren'ar Siamese twins. Their skulls are evidence that...well, I will fill you in if you bring them to me.
me.jpg
Where would one find these skulls?
matt.jpg
Well, that's where this becomes difficult. The skulls had been interred in a mausoleum in the Tarant cemetery, but when I went looking for them, they were already gone.
me.jpg
So where would I look for them?
matt.jpg
I do not know. I believe they are still in Tarant in a warehouse somewhere, waiting to be shipped out.
me.jpg
Okay, I'll do it. I'll return with the skulls.
virgil.jpg
Must me? What about this business in Caladon?
me.jpg
It can wait. We're already in Tarant, this shouldn't take too long. There's only one other large warehouse at the docks...next to the one we cleared of rats.
virgil.jpg
Sheesh, don't remind me.

Later...

me.jpg
Blast! It's locked.
seb.jpg
Here, let me do that.
35.jpg

me.jpg
Impressive.
seb.jpg
Pure brilliance.
geoff.jpg
Blah. Magick would've blasted it off its hinges.
seb.jpg
And alerted the guards across the blocks...
geoff.jpg
Hmph!
me.jpg
Come, let's find the skulls.. Oh, hello there...

A half ogre guard rushes at Gilford!

36.jpg

me.jpg
Bye.

A search of the warehouse revealed a locked crate which Sebastian handily picked.

37.jpg

me.jpg
Mmmm. Hope these are the skulls...Doesn't look remarkable to me.
virgil.jpg
Let's just...give it back to de Cesare and leave.

Later...

38.jpg

me.jpg
You were going to tell me what was going on here, now?
matt.jpg
I can tell you what I know, and a man named Arthur Tyron can fill you in on the rest.
me.jpg
Please, continue.
matt.jpg
Some years ago, bizarre breeding experiments were begun in secret which would eventually affect the balance of power here in Tarant. The Ren'ar twins were the first viable offspring produced by these experiments. Their skulls are simply the first piece in a long chain of evidence we are gathering to expose them all!
me.jpg
A likely story. Who is doing this? What was the purpose of these experiments?
matt.jpg
I have told you all I dare...Tyron can fill you in on the rest. I need you to bring him the skulls, if you would. It would be far too dangerous for me to search him out...
me.jpg
(Affect the balance of power here in Tarant? Really?) Okay, I'll do it.
matt.jpg
Good! He was in Black Root, last I knew. Perhaps you can still find him there.
me.jpg
Okay, I'm on my way.
virgil.jpg
Seriously?! Sir! That's out of the way!
me.jpg
Oh come on, Virgil. Just a boat ride. C'mon! I'd like to get to the bottom of this mystery!

Later...

39.jpg

me.jpg
I suppose we could catch a train to Black Root.
40.jpg

me.jpg
Oh well...that's too bad, Ghost.
dog.jpg
*Whines.*
me.jpg
That's not gonna work on me, boy! You just wait here, I'll be back after I talk to this Tyron fellow...
dog.jpg
*Whine whine*
geoff.jpg
See you, mutt!
me.jpg
Okay, the dog stays, let us get on board.
41.jpg

me.jpg
Oh for the love of...
dog.jpg
Arf! Arf!
me.jpg
Argh. Come along then...
42.jpg

me.jpg
...Damn it! Screw Black Root, let's head for Caladon. NOW!
virgil.jpg
*Sighs* About time, sir.
seb.jpg
*Pets dog.* Welcome back, fella!
dog.jpg
Arf arf!

The party sets sail for Caladon later that day...

About that twins quest

I knew the reporter in Caladon was an imposter so I teleported to Tarant and tried to have it's newspaper print it, the guy said that he couldn't print it since the gnomes had too much influence in there or something like that. He suggested the guy in Caladon by name so I game the imposter the proof. once he dissapeared the Tarant guy denied ever hearing about it. So I killed him since the bugger was in on it.

friartucksduck

Educated
Hate it when that happens. It always makes investing in Conveyance magic seem like a good idea. Loving Sebastian's sense of humor. :salute:

RK47

Patron
PrzeSzkoda said:
Ah, fuck it, I'm gonna replay Arcanum because of this LP in the end.

I hope you're proud of yerself, RK47. : x

:salute:

I'm busy playing the modern Arcanum remake. Guns, magic and swords? All there.

Fable-3-PC.jpg

ironyuri

RK47 said:
PrzeSzkoda said:
Ah, fuck it, I'm gonna replay Arcanum because of this LP in the end.

I hope you're proud of yerself, RK47. : x

:salute:

I'm busy playing the modern Arcanum remake. Guns, magic and swords? All there.

Fable-3-PC.jpg

:rage:

RK47

Patron
I like the setting, but the gameplay is just not there. Worth a look if you really must have your steampunk fix. The voice-acting is top notch and high productions value even for side quests, but the whole gameplay concept cannot save the game.

ironyuri

RK47 said:
I like the setting, but the gameplay is just not there. Worth a look if you really must have your steampunk fix. The voice-acting is top notch and high productions value even for side quests, but the whole gameplay concept cannot save the game.

So you're saying that Fable 3 is the spiritual successor to Arcanum?.....a djkfs;j'asksa'ks'a

:rage:

Only an update to this Arcanum LP can redeem you, BRO.

RK47

Patron
No, this is an attempt to attract controversy and pad the thread till next page therefore avoiding image-crowding. :smug:

The next update is at least 40 screens without the dialogue portraits. Unless you don't mind waiting minutes for the page to load. (I fucking hate it.)

To be honest, Fable 3 actually matches Arcanum in terms of setting. The game takes you through cold, snow-covered peaks, swamps, a small hamlet, and industrial, often polluted towns with many child laborers toiling in steam factories.

Now, if the gameplay isn't so retarded...I might heartily recommend it.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
The crux of modern cRPG gaming. The more they concentrate on superficial things, the worse the RPG mechanics get (if they are there at all).

Plus a potato bump.

: x

I love this potato smiley. It must relate to my soul.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom