Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's get famous in Darklands!

Lindblum

Augur
You've gone from Vegabonds to [Dragon Slayer] in 2 years time.

korenzel

Educated
I found a dragon area too but all I got was witch encounters that don't even give any virtue and some random bad effect (lose all DF, degrade armor...). No trace of the dragon worshiping village either.

Maybe fire breathing lizards don't show up in Winter ? Either that or my WoodWise is too low, but there's hardly any way to train it.

Carry on good sir, you're obviously better at this game than I am.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Good luck finding that dragon if you didn't do so already. Just don't forget to bring some firewall potions with you otherwise the trip may not end so well.

Another update is in the works but it's about 8 MByte worth of pictures so I better start bumping this now.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Grab your popcorn, people. This is going to be a long one.

One more mine before I get sick of it.

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

This is not a real Vulcan.

z5.jpg

z6.jpg

z7.jpg

These are real Vulcans.

z8.jpg

z9.jpg

z10.jpg

Bee gets some help from this good looking fellow.

z11.jpg

We are rewarded with a holy... finger? Are you serious? :/

z12.jpg

z13.jpg

A fiery pit filled with fireball throwing Vulcans marks the finale of our quest. Although pretty much all our armour gets shattered during the fight, we still make it to the portal.

z14.jpg

z15.jpg

z16.jpg

z17.jpg

We go straight to a church to show the priests there our finger. They’re quiet thrilled.

z18.jpg

There are no more rumours going around in the empire, so we're forced to do minor jobs to afford some new armour.

z19.jpg

z20.jpg

Why do these low paid tasks always lead you to the other end of the world? :?
At least we get more opportunities to investigate suspicious looking ruins.

z21.jpg

Watching...

z22.jpg

Entering...

z23.jpg

False alarm I'm afraid and now there is another blizzard heading our way. Ashe?

z24.jpg

After roughly two months of travelling across the country, we finally reach our destination.

z25.jpg

Using brute force...

z26.jpg

We start to pray for whatever reason.

z27.jpg

z28.jpg

Guess those saints are not swayed by melodramatics. Try again...

z29.jpg

There is another new event on our way back to Würzburg.

z30.jpg

z31.jpg

z32.jpg

z33.jpg

That wasn't a smart idea. Everyone loses a point in virtue. Sorry for that. :(

z34.jpg

We go to the banks for another assignment and get yet another Raubritter quest. *sigh* There is a little twist this time though.

z35.jpg

No reason to share the fame with mere henchmen when we're already awesome like that. One pleasant surprise on our routine trip through the streets:
z36.jpg

This town is now bookmarked.
But all in all there is only one thing left I can think of.

z37.jpg

z39.jpg

z38.jpg

That's quiet a long way to go but we can catch up with some wasted opportunities, like meeting a wise hermit.

z40.jpg

Ok, that one, not so much.

z41.jpg

z42.jpg

The ox loses in the next round. Unable to choke with yet another defeat I reload and we try riding instead.

z43.jpg

There, much better.
We continue our journey, not suspecting anything, when suddenly...
z44.jpg

z45.jpg

z46.jpg

z47.jpg

It sounds like we just received Spectre status by your Lord’s grace. Actually, we may just have stumbled over the main quest and it’s on our way to boot with no further hand holding required. :yeah:

z48.jpg

z49.jpg

Calling upon a saint for guidance:
z50.jpg

No real news then. There is still about a month between now and the Sabbat and no easy ‘wait until day x’ option, so we run around to kill some time.

z51.jpg

z52.jpg

and another encounter:
z53.jpg

z54.jpg

and another lonely woman in the woods although with a drastically different mindset than the last one:
z55.jpg

z56.jpg

z57.jpg

Another soul saved by the power Christianity. :salute:

After more combat encounters and some minor preparations in Lüneberg, the day is finally here.

z58.jpg

z59.jpg

z60.jpg

There are only two of them. The fight doesn’t last ten seconds.

z61.jpg

z62.jpg

I try the top to bottom approach again. Starting with the water ritual.

z63.jpg

z64.jpg

Meh, it was still worth a shot.

z65.jpg

z66.jpg

z67.jpg

No reason to deny it.

z68.jpg

Following a hunch, we have another go at the water ritual but with Ashe as leader.

z69.jpg

Next up: broom riding.

z70.jpg

z64.jpg

Crud!

z71.jpg

z72.jpg

z73.jpg

z74.jpg

We get one last chance to visit an event.

z75.jpg

z76.jpg

z77.jpg

z78.jpg

z79.jpg

It is time...
z80.jpg

z81.jpg

z82.jpg

Gonna prove the world that us are some bad-ass Christians (albeit maybe a bit suicidal).

z83.jpg

z84.jpg

It’s 1vs4? Sorry, but you’re toast.

z85.jpg

News at eleven: evil doesn’t fight fair.

z86.jpg

z87.jpg

One more wave. We’re ready!

z88.jpg

Maybe not ready ready but it is sufficient.

z89.jpg

It has begun. :yeah:
Templers are next from the sound of it,

Current roster
z90.jpg

z91.jpg

z92.jpg

z93.jpg

Stop being so good, Bee. :cry:

lightbane

Arcane
z56.jpg

So, what happens if you go full retard and select the 1st option (to get unnatural strength)?

Lindblum

Augur
God Finger!
I doubt anyone who watches the localized G Gundam will get this reference.

Great job.

korenzel

Educated
Pussycat669 said:
Good luck finding that dragon if you didn't do so already. Just don't forget to bring some firewall potions with you otherwise the trip may not end so well.
I haven't found it, and eventually gave up when I became hunted by some kind of demon called the Wild Hunt, and went to many towns all around Germany for the saint needed to make it go away. I still haven't found the right church, but the monster isn't too tough and sometimes is seem attacking some tree people, which when saved give permanent stat boosts, so it's alright. With all this travel I'm gaining age fast though, good thing I started with a bunch of 20 years old youngsters.

Pussycat669 said:
There are no more rumours going around in the empire, so we're forced to do minor jobs to afford some new armour.
You should consider using alchemy for money making, it's much faster. Find a couple towns that sell reagents for high quality Eater Water, those sell for 1k a potion and cost just a few hundreds in materials. You can make three per day with 99% chances of success with a decent alchemist and philosopher's stone, so you'll be able to afford quality 35+ armor as much as you want.

Pussycat669 said:
Another soul saved by the power Christianity. :salute:
The alchemical reward is pretty nice, but virtue is much more rare and therefore valuable. How did you get to high 40s and even 90 for Bee ? My team's virtue hovers around the twenties, which means I cannot pray for 90% of the saints I know of.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:love:

z16.jpg

Epic! :o

z18.jpg

Truly epic! :o
Our holy power has grown pretty strong, it seems, as this update demonstrates.

z45.jpg

Epically epic! :o
So there is a main quest after all, eh?

z89.jpg

:yeah:

Pussycat669 said:
Stop being so good, Bee. :cry:

I'm sorry. :oops:

Pussycat669

Liturgist
korenzel said:
You should consider using alchemy for money making, it's much faster.

Some sound advice there! Money isn't much of a problem to me anymore though. I just rooted out the Templars and the group is carrying about 30+ pieces of 20q plate armour around which should provide enough coin for the endgame, I hope, where I may need those extra components (finding those has been a rather tiresome aspect so far. Especially since I refuse to make notes about the different cities). The best alternative way to earn money seems to be slaying dragons, at least from my experience. They're fairly easy opponents, if you got the protection, and net you a ridiculously large reward for fairly little effort.

korenzel said:
How did you get to high 40s and even 90 for Bee ?

Mostly due to the exploit with the dragon village I mentioned earlier, really. You can see the difference between the mine chapter and the one about the dragon in the team roster. Not exactly a clean play style but I didn't give them any new saints yet so I guess it's evened out for now. There really aren't many reliable sources for an increase apparently. Saving the feast during the Sabbat seems to be one, as well as donating large sums to the church (although that does only work with Ashe right now and I still haven't quiet figured out why that is).

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Crooked Bee said:

Reliable as ever. :thumbsup: and :love: back.

Crooked Bee said:
So there is a main quest after all, eh?

It appears so. It sure has the party running around a lot at least. :/

Bee said:
I'm sorry. :oops:

Actually, for a moment there you didn't have to anymore since a bug first decreased your EdgW skill to -111 and then reset it to 0.
Thank god for those backup saves.

lightbane

Arcane
Pussycat669 said:
Making some good progress here. The next update is almost ready. Just waiting for the next page.

Intelligence: So you want us to bump this to the next page? Like this:

bump.jpg

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Another seat of great evil is waiting.

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

The heroes approach.

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

z5.jpg

We enter the yard of the compound. There are many doors leading to all sorts of random encounters. Here are the more civilized ones:
z8.jpg

I'll be damned if I let Theocrat screw this up.

z7.jpg

z9.jpg

Now, let's get the silver.

z10.jpg

Some Templars spawn outside the room. They are skilled swordsmen and heavily armoured but, thanks to some smart use of choke points, still beatable. At least that is what I believed.

z11.jpg

The ox tries to guess the password.

z12.jpg

z13.jpg

There are many guards in that room and they are able to get out of the door before someone can block it. They overpower us easily.

z14.jpg

z15.jpg

z16.jpg

Everyone got stripped of his/her inventory. If my limited experience with older rpgs is any indicator, this is a situation where you either a) take the right turn and find a chest with all your stuff or b) take the wrong turn and die.

z17.jpg

We die. Reloading…

z18.jpg

z19.jpg

This time we're able to fight our way through. It seems to be some kind of command centre.

z20.jpg

There is an occupied cell in the next tower.

z21.jpg

z22.jpg

z23.jpg

z24.jpg

Suit yourself. We rather investigate the fountain in the yard.

z25.jpg

The ox tries a sip.

z26.jpg

He gets temporal +10 agility for the price of three virtue. I think we're better off cleansing the thing.

z27.jpg

z28.jpg

Next up is the cellar where we met our demise earlier. Turns out not all undead down there are necessarily hostile.

z29.jpg

z30.jpg

We give him the bone as requested.

z31.jpg

Thanks a bunch. Only one thing left to do.

z32.jpg

The other undead put up more of a fight, again emphasizing that using choke points is vital for the team’s survival.

z33.jpg

Going back to the watch-post now.

z34.jpg

A vicious Tatzelwurm is guarding a nearby chest.

z35.jpg

z36.jpg

Bummer. Going downstairs, passed a ton of lethal traps, we find a pile a burned paper.

z37.jpg

z38.jpg

Not giving up so easily.

z39.jpg

Theocrat gains about 20 points of speak latin for this endeavour. Not bad at all. There’s nowhere to go but up from here.

z40.jpg

z41.jpg

Only one more staircase left. The demon must be close.

z42.jpg

If I wouldn't have screwed up the earlier conversation with the imprisoned monk from, we would now know what to do but as it is, there is no alternative than to press on.

z43.jpg

z44.jpg

What follows are three rooms, each containing tons of Templars & alchemists plus a holy relic as motivation. We then finally reach the boss of this place.

z45.jpg

z46.jpg

He is barely able to throw some stunning spells our way before we can close in on him. Thanks to the skeleton's advice, this fight is a walk in the park.

z47.jpg

And where is Salzburg?

z48.jpg

I should have guessed.
Next stop: hell. Or something close to it.

Team roster
z49.jpg

z50.jpg

z51.jpg

z52.jpg

korenzel

Educated
I haven't read the update as I have yet to enter the Great Monastery and don't want to spoil the fun, but I'll assist with the bumping.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
well it seems like this is coming to and end very early, I've assumed it would take longer being open and with many options. how many RL hours you put in I wonder

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom