Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play King Arthur: Amulet of Sir Marrick

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Brother None said:
omg

I am confident you will crush them in the name of the lord, RK. CONFIDENT.

you're wrong. :S absolutely wrong. update incoming tonight.

Kurgis

Novice
Nice update - must admit the Welsh scared the bejeebers out of me on my play through.

RK47

Patron
If you recall in the Old Faith playthrough, the Saxons army consist mostly of heavy cavalry and support magic heroes. Those are hard to deal with if you don't possess strong magics...but what of the Welsh?

Well, let me explain.

35.jpg

Deceptively weak, the Wales army power does not lie with their standard units. Welsh units like archers and infantry possess innate magic resistance and punch, although the archers are kinda low on the HP side. The rest are just standard issue.

01.jpg

I ponder my options since they only have a few cavalry while their ranged firepower is strong.

02.jpg

And the pathway out of the stronghold is narrow and slow.

03.jpg

The enemy makes the first move as they rushed into the town with their two heroes.

04.jpg

This is the true strength of the Welsh army. Double Curse of Shadow. I tried to cast anti-magic and spell resistance. One archer unit was wiped out in seconds. It was then I realized that this stronghold is a death trap for us.

05.jpg

They made a move towards the left VP. Our Champions charge forward to recapture it.

06.jpg

Wary of further Curse spams, I still insist on placing classic archer bottleneck as we establish 2 VP advantage.

07.jpg

Thankfully they did not cast anymore curses towards our archers.

08.jpg

With their main spellcasters neutralized, they cannot advance safely and the AI broke down.

09.jpg

But what if there's 4 hero-stack army? Will we be able to cope. No. We won't. But I was still ignorant. Thinking my Royal guards are strong, when it's the total opposite. They're completely worthless in Stronghold defense. We'll see more of that in the future.

For now...

10.jpg

We deepen our faiths in Christianity and Rightfulness.

11.jpg

Currently, our Kingdom finances is in tatters. Better not lose a lot of troops.

RK47

Patron
Real life stuff gets in the way. I'll try to update ONCE a week bro. Just like a normal human being yeah?

Back to work ! aND THEN,...

8_Forever_Alone_meme_even_more-s500x446-97062-580.jpg

RK47

Patron
aly.jpg
What's the plan, Commander?

kay.jpg
March out of Camelot, rescue the missing children. Then, we strike at their capital.

gar.jpg
What about Camelot, there's at least three armies of Wales out there.

kay.jpg
We are severely outnumbered and their magic is strong. I want to whittle them down, but staying in Camelot is a death wish. Our armies cannot move freely within the walls.

mark.jpg
I agree. Let us go.

01.jpg

02.jpg

I was thinking of going for full knights upgrade. But when I look back, it was a really foolish decision.

But first, let's rescue the children.

03.jpg

We'll probably need directions.

04.jpg

A guy who doesn't read will probably want to skip the lore text from the first choice, but honestly, if you did not do this, I think the Test of Knowledge option will not open, lessening the choice of resolutions to this quest.

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

The 2nd non violent solution!

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

There we go.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

:hmmm: Wielding twin blades while asking questions...I wonder.

15.jpg

Ah. Standard logic question. Diamond.

16.jpg

17.jpg

This is actually mentioned in one of the cinematic or the lore text of earlier quests.

18.jpg

19.jpg

Dana.

20.jpg

With the children safely returned to their homes, the army morale improves as we take on the first army of Wales in their own territory!

21.jpg

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

Three VPs. With plenty of forests in between. We'll need to grab 2 VP and force the enemy to attack us.

02.jpg

The AI is competent, but takes unnecessary risk at times, like peeling off his horseback hero from his army.

03.jpg

And they didn't seem interested in capping 2 VPs.

04.jpg

A classic Curse bombing tactic. King Arthur Wargame has a good mix of strategy, but is often ruined by magic. Nothing like losing a few dozen men to one casting of spells.

05.jpg

He'll pay for it dearly. We cast hold and prevented him from escaping.

06.jpg

His friends attempted to cast Fog of Avalon, but with Dragon's Eye, he cannot escape our wrath.

07.jpg

Good start. I'm already flanking his VP.

08.jpg

With Fog in effect, our archers can hit further than theirs.

09.jpg

Let's take the initiative with Curses and arrows!

10.jpg

Our fun was short-lived after the Dragon's Eye wore off.

11.jpg

The enemy decides to make a move for our VP. We let him do so, since we have 3 VP to spare.

12.jpg

Sensing his morale slipping, the enemy decides to march his entire army to the western VP, leaving their only VP undefended.

13.jpg

They moved pretty quick, and I decide to start a little skirmish, using the forests as cover. The plan was to rain arrows on their archers, and retreat to re-capture the VP.

14.jpg

But I reconsidered, and decided to march the Royal Guards onwards to settle the fight in the open. Their army is in the open, we have the slight advantage.

15.jpg

This should finish him off.

16.jpg

A final flank to settle matters.

17.jpg

18.jpg

Nice loot and artifact to bolster our army.

RK47

Patron
The garrison of the Norgales Stronghold is weak. We will capitalize by abandoning Camelot and attack it.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Within the cramped spaces of the stronghold, Neocore's AI cannot really hope to maneuver out of harm's way. Especially with high arrow damage and area effect spells like Curse of Shadows.

Defensively, they're pretty much weakened when playing in Stronghold map.

04.jpg

Predictably they will follow this path.

05.jpg

And that is where the most deaths will happen.

06.jpg

That doesn't mean they cannot throw their own Curse. We suffer heavy casualties.

07.jpg

Once their archers get in range of ours, I quickly activate the Fog of Avalon and Dragon's Eye.

08.jpg

Time to wrap this up with a cavalry flanking charge.

09.jpg

Burn!

10.jpg

The survivors get held and mowed down.

11.jpg

This is the most painful act they can do. Curses.

12.jpg

I attempted to lower the casualties by retreating to the city outer limits as their morale bar ticks down. But they still unleashed another Curse of Shadows. Grr.

13.jpg

It's a good thing Sir Kay's Masterful Strategies can cut down casualties. It could have been worse.

14.jpg

The victory rewards us with a wonderful pair of magic boots. This one increases army movement by 10! This will allow us to move our army further in the campaign map!

15.jpg

Predictably, the AI proceed to capture the undefended Camelot.

16.jpg

Winter falls as we replenish our losses and prepare to march back to Camelot.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
This is a freaking awesome LP! :salute: Go go!

Considering that I loved the two Warhammer Fantasy games and Shogun and first Medieval Total War, I guess I should really get this game as well. There is not enough time, grrr...

Also, I noticed that you haven't got any more wives for the knights. Are they random or do you need to quest for them? Waiting tastefully done rape, of course.

RK47

Patron
GarfunkeL said:
This is a freaking awesome LP! :salute: Go go!

Considering that I loved the two Warhammer Fantasy games and Shogun and first Medieval Total War, I guess I should really get this game as well. There is not enough time, grrr...

Also, I noticed that you haven't got any more wives for the knights. Are they random or do you need to quest for them? Waiting tastefully done rape, of course.

Well. I got a lot of wives, but they're not really what I need. I kept drawing poor bonuses. Terrible wives, who wants to marry 'em?

:lol:

RK47

Patron
aly.jpg
Commander, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

kay.jpg
Go ahead, Sir Alymere.

aly.jpg
The province of West Mercia has revolted.

01.jpg

mark.jpg
Dire news indeed. If nothing is done to appease them...the province will rebel.

gar.jpg
There's no other standing army than us. The rest of the knights will not be able to assist.

aly.jpg
We might be able to appease them.

kay.jpg
With what, Sir Alymere? Potatoes? Our kingdom's coffers are nearly empty from the crusade against Wales. Camelot is under their control and we're stuck here in behind the enemy lands. It'll take at least half a year to march towards West Mercia.

mark.jpg
We'll never make it in time.

aly.jpg
Then it is lost?

kay.jpg
Leave it. All is not lost. We need to retake Camelot quickly, whittle down King Ryon's forces one by one. We also have another reason to retake Camelot. This letter from the Saxon bishops came today, have you seen it?

02.jpg

03.jpg

aly.jpg
I don't think that will help our cause much.

kay.jpg
Would you rather have the Saxons declare war on us?

mark.jpg
The Commander is right. We have no choice.

kay.jpg
Get the men ready during the winter, we return to Camelot next summer.

04.jpg

05.jpg

So many archers in the defense. Let's hope the AI falters, somehow.

RK47

Patron
The two Curse of Shadows proved to be the turning point in this battle.

06.jpg

As their forces make the sharp turn in the tight alleys of the city quarters, the Curse of Shadows takes as many victims as possible, mostly their archers.

07.jpg

Their melee spearhead awaits death at the tip of our arrows.

08.jpg

And our cavalry finishes the rest.

09.jpg

As the giants pummel them to oblivion, a fog was summoned to ensure their archers cannot retaliate.

10.jpg

11.jpg

aly.jpg
It was a flawless victory, Commander.

kay.jpg
Do not be so quick to congratulate me.

gar.jpg
I can take the credit for the Curse of Shadows, heh.

mark.jpg
I think he meant something else.

kay.jpg
The army of Wales is massive, expect a counter attack, very soon.

And they did come.
12.jpg

RK47

Patron
13.jpg

We're doomed. Even before we can even deploy our forces, they have already unleashed multiple curse of shadows on us. We're taking heavy casualties as we march out in the tight streets of Camelot.

14.jpg

Thankfully, our faster cavalry managed to sneak into the third VP with the enemy heavy knights in hot pursuit.

15.jpg

But they got too close and prevented us from completing the capture. A significant setback!

16.jpg

The constant Curse of Shadows against our archers are starting to take its toll.

17.jpg

Sir Kay's unit was hit by a TRIPLE Curse of Shadow before they could open fire! What's worse, the enemy knights charges towards his position!

18.jpg

A quick 'Hold' magic prevented a disaster...but did Sir Kay's unit survive?

19.jpg

gar.jpg
Commander?!

There were no archers left...only Sir Kay standing with his shield raised. Lifeless bodies of his archers lay on the streets.

kay.jpg
Counter-attack! NOW!

Those were his last orders before a hail of a hundred arrows from the Welsh bowmen did him in.

20.jpg

mark.jpg
Commander!

aly.jpg
This is no time to hesitate! CHARGE!

21.jpg

Without archers...it's a do or die maneuver!

22.jpg

Three enemy archer columns lined up perfectly on the streets. Raining arrows on Sir Mark and Alymere's unit!

mark.jpg
YARRRRGHHHHHHHH!!

23.jpg

None of the archers survived the charge.

24.jpg

The battle became a brawl as two forces traded blows. The knights, drained of momentum fought a desperate battle. All tricks are out of the bag...but the morale loss from the final charge and VP control began to take its toll on the enemy's army.

25.jpg

gar.jpg
Commander!

kay.jpg
I .... how did we do?

mark.jpg
We were victorious.

kay.jpg
No....too many deaths..

aly.jpg
Take him to a healer!

kay.jpg
No! There is no time!

26.jpg

The commander rose from the ground to the cheers of his army, but they were immediately silenced by a wave of his hand.

kay.jpg
Can you hear it? A second wave coming.

27.jpg

aly.jpg
Lord's Mercy!

gar.jpg
We're in for it now...

laclongquan

Arcane
Truly Epic! A pyhrric victory.

Withdraw? You are facing the prospect of total lost in this battle. Considering the previous two battles as attrition stages to weaken their massive army.

Though your casualties are bad, atl least you lost no regiment. The XP and the honour of each is still intact. It's really advisable to make a fighting withdraw to get out of this death trap.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Yeah, withdrawal might be a solid choice (not sure what, if any, penalties it gives you) but the enemy army doesn't look THAT awful, considering all of your special abilities.

RK47

Patron
A withdrawal would cause the loss of several units of the army...and if the army is sufficiently weak, a second attack could be attempted by the AI....resulting in a full capture.

I think it's game over. :)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Man they're not letting up.

If you must die, RK47, know you died with honor :salute:

laclongquan

Arcane
Then it's anal gangrape time, it would seem.

Let this be the music your battle band sound.

And let this words growled out while MARCHING TO YOUR DOOM

Axes flash, broadswords swing,
Shining armor's piercing ring!
Horses run with a polished shield,
Fight those bastards till they yeild!
Midnight mare and blood-red roan,
Fight to keep this land your own!
Sound the horn and call the cry:
"How many of them can we make die!"

Follow orders as you're told,
Make their yellow blood run cold!
Fight until you die or drop,
A force like ours is hard to stop!
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till you're no longer sane!
Let not one damned cur pass by,

Guard your women and children well,
Send these bastards back to hell!
We'll teach them the ways of war,
They won't come here anymore!
Use your shield and use your head,
Fight till everyone is dead!
Raise the flag up to the sky,

Dawn has broke, the time has come,
Move your feet to the marching drum!
We'll win the war and pay the toll,
We'll fight as one in heart and soul!

Axes flash, broadswords swing,
Shining armor's piercing ring!
Horses run with a polished shield,
Fight those bastards till they yeild!

RK47

Patron
27.jpg

kay.jpg
Looks like I can finally abandon this LP without regrets.

gar.jpg
What are you talking about?

mark.jpg
If you're done breaking the fourth wall, can we start planning our defense of Camelot?

kay.jpg
I...very well. Our royal guards will be of no use. A shame, really. They are too slow and would be easy picking to their archers. We have almost zero ranged firepower. I only have your magic to rely upon, Sir Gareth.

gar.jpg
You can count on me.

kay.jpg
Make it count.

aly.jpg
My knights are mostly intact, as well as Sir Mark's. The giants are willing to fight to the death.

kay.jpg
Aye. Four Welsh generals will lead them in battle. I will count on you both to provide the major punch in the battle. I fear I cannot do much in this battle but plot our army's movements. I'm certain they will use their superior numbers to secure control of the city, which will lower our morale. Try to not let this happen.

mark.jpg
I'll try my best.

kay.jpg
Ride fast. It is very likely that you will meet their sole riders in one of the points in the city. If so, send them to hell and charge at their archers. The rest will have to wait according to how the battle goes.

gar.jpg
God bless.

kay.jpg
Let's go. We've got heathens to slay and a kingdom to save.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom