Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Thief: The Decline Project! (Finished!)

Lost screenshots for minor quest. Have screenshots for next, more important quests. What do?

• Skip that shit and continue the LP

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Deliver every quest, even if it means replaying the whole questline, faggot

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
FUUUYEEAAHH-.png

Well done, Mr. Latvian Hitman. :salute:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I hear the fighter's guild is recruiting. I was going to go, but then I saw a mudcrab and forgot. Disgusting creatures.

Peter

Arcane
Part 12: My only friend, The End

Sorry bros, I will not be doing any of the other guilds. It would go against Garrett's character and I am a strong believer in LARPing :M

Here is the final part. I assure you, it is indeed capital.

===

Alright, the time has come. Time to once again speak to the Gray Fox and claim our ultimate reward.

ScreenShot504.jpg

ScreenShot505.jpg

grayfoxicon.jpg
I have spent seven years learning how to translate this scroll. Even so, I will need a while to decipher what I have sought so desperately.

Yeah, yeah, who gives a shit. What about my reward?

ScreenShot507.jpg

:x

grayfoxicon.jpg
Give this ring to Countess Umbranox in Anvil. Say nothing about me to her. I need to know how she reacts to it. It may provoke anger or tears.

:what:

Oh god, I do not like where this is going.

Not.

One.

Bit.

ScreenShot509.jpg

I suppose we must...

:(

ScreenShot510.jpg

ScreenShot511.jpg

:hmmm:

NerdRageColored.jpg

Pull yourself together, man! Get this over with.

ohfucohfuckohfuckfuckFUCK

ScreenShot512.jpg

ScreenShot513.jpg

:x :M :x

COUNTESSicon.jpg
How did you get it? Do you know his whereabouts? Why are you showing it to me?

At this point, "The Stranger" steps in.

ScreenShot516.jpg

ScreenShot517.jpg

NOTE THE GOD DAMN FUCKING GUARD IN THE BACKGROUND. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

COUNTESSicon.jpg
You're the Gray Fox. I've been betrayed!

Brace for some of the most touching words I've ever heard between these two long lost lovers.

grayfoxicon.jpg
[Speech 72%] I am the Gray Fox, but you have not been betrayed.

COUNTESSicon.jpg
[SUCCESS] But...

grayfoxicon.jpg
I am also your missing husband, Corvus.

ScreenShot522.jpg

grayfoxicon.jpg
Ten years ago I inherited this cowl from the former guildmaster of the Thieves Guild. I became the new guildmaster, but I also received it's curse. "Whoever wears Nocturnal's Cowl shall have his name stricken from history." Once I donned the cowl, no-one in all of Tamriel could recognize me. With the cowl I became the Gray Fox. Without it, I was a stranger, even to you.

WHY WAS A NOBLE IN THE THIEVES GUILD. WHAT THE FUCK. :x

390_7731_todd_howard.jpg
It's best you don't think about it too much. Seriously. I worry about you.

Perhaps you're right.

Anyway...

COUNTESSicon.jpg
[Intelligence] You mean you were unable to return?

:M I blame inbreeding.

grayfoxicon.jpg
I've stood right next to you, and you didn't even know it. I cried out to you "Here I am. It's me, Corvus!", but you just looked at me, confused.

COUNTESSicon.jpg
You have broken my heart for a second time. I cannot let the infamous criminal mastermind, the Gray Fox become the Count of Anvil.

ScreenShot529.jpg

You mean the dead one who hasn't left an heir? :M

ScreenShot530.jpg

grayfoxicon.jpg
From this moment forward, I renounce my life of crime forever. I am passing the Gray Cowl of the Thieves Guild to it's new guildmaster.

:what: WHAT. FUCK NO. I DON'T WANT THAT CURSE.

ScreenShot532.jpg

:rage: NO. I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS

ScreenShot533.jpg

ScreenShot534.jpg

ScreenShot535.jpg

ScreenShot536.jpg

Of course, he tells us nothing of the Cowl, nor do we have a choice not to accept it. The fact of the matter is that the cowl is pretty worthless anyway. You can detect life around you, but the people in Tamriel are so god damn retarded, that i can sneak past them easily enough as it is.
:rage: :x : x :decline: :M :rpgcodex: :what:

The Gray Fox stays in Anvil with the Countess. Nothing left for us to do but to head to the guild hall.

ScreenShot537.jpg

Ah, the garden where i was initiated into the guild. Simpler, less retarded times :love:

In the guild hall we find:

ScreenShot538.jpg

Some shitty bedrolls.

ScreenShot539.jpg

A useless dining room.

ScreenShot540.jpg

And a little bedroom for me.

THAT'S IT. THAT'S ALL I GET FOR PULLING OF "THE HEIST OF THE CENTURY". :x

So... That brings my odyssey to an end, I guess. Nothing left now than to than to sit here and look back on what I've done. My conclusion?

ScreenShot543.jpg

This

ScreenShot544.jpg

was

ScreenShot545.jpg

stupid.

potato.jpg

-THEND-

FUUUYEEAAHH-.png

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
So are you now under the curse or what?

I'm confused.

I do like how you can force people to take it tho. You should give it to your lizard friend.

Peter

Arcane
Brother None said:
So are you now under the curse or what?

I'm confused.

Of course not! I guess it's handvawed away by the Gray Fox breaking the curse or whatever. :M

Really, all the cowl does is give some stat boosts when worn, but it always has a bounty on it, so you can't walk around with it out in the public.

I do like how you can force people to take it tho. You should give it to your lizard friend.

:lol:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
FUUUYEEAAHH-.png

Truly awfulsome LP. What's next, oh masochistic one? Carth Onassi romance LP?

Peter

Arcane
Ulminati said:
FUUUYEEAAHH-.png

Truly awfulsome LP. What's next, oh masochistic one? Carth Onassi romance LP?

I've got a couple of possible candidates. All of them being good games, unfortunately. :(

ironyuri said:
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/idiotmonarch/LP9/FUUUYEEAAHH-.png

This is the only questline in Oblivion I completed as well, because it was meant to be the "best" or "deepest". And the problem is- it was the deepest. Oblivion will forever remain an exercise in dumbfuckery.

Dark Brotherhood was way better. And the funny thing is that, if I'm not mistaken, that's the one questline they outsourced.

lightbane

Arcane
FUUUYEEAAHH-.png

You did it!!

But you forgot the alternate ending, the uninstall.exe one :M :M

Dark Brotherhood's quests are somewhat good... Until they fall into full retard mode (like one moment where one of the Guild's leaders suspect that there's a traitor within the guild so he orders you to kill EVERYONE but the leaders so that hopefully the traitor is killed. Obviously this does nothing but force you to kill the only likable npcs in the entire game, and the traitor is very obvious who he is).

Fens

Ford of the Llies
thanks for this... i broke the thieves' guild questline when i visited the moth caves before even joining the guild. i was sneaking around a bit and then killed everyone on my way out. when the thieves' guild sent me there, i couldn't finish the quest. and i just couldn't bring myself to play that shit again. i was also already the archmage when the guild sent me to steal the staff from the archmage... yeah...

ironyuri

Fens said:
thanks for this... i broke the thieves' guild questline when i visited the moth caves before even joining the guild. i was sneaking around a bit and then killed everyone on my way out. when the thieves' guild sent me there, i couldn't finish the quest. and i just couldn't bring myself to play that shit again. i was also already the archmage when the guild sent me to steal the staff from the archmage... yeah...

I guess you could call that....

design excellence!

FUUUYEEAAHH-.png

Lumpy

Arcane
I'll go and suppose the quest isn't changed in any way, right? How does the guild even know that the staff was "stolen"?

lightbane

Arcane
They don't, you can just grab it and take it to them and you will pass the quest (unless you do something that counts as a "bad" action that "annoys" the guards, then you'll be kicked out of the Mages' guild and you'll be forced to complete a fetch quest to restore your previous rank)

Drakron

Arcane
Peter said:
Really, all the cowl does is give some stat boosts when worn, but it always has a bounty on it, so you can't walk around with it out in the public.

Well there is one big advantage as it tracks infamy, fame and bounty separated from your character when wearing it so you can just wear it, commit a crime and then remove it and it will not affect your character at all.

Whoever takes up the challenge of LPing the Dark Brotherhood quests will undoubtedly win the eternal respect and admiration of Codexia.
Once again, capital LP! :thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom