Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play King Arthur: Amulet of Sir Marrick

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Juggling two LP is a bitch :lol:

Also lurking at King Arthur II forum:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... n-the-game.

Loot that shows up for the Knights in the game.

Rather than just a stat the armour,swords,ect should be worn by the Knights on the tactical map like RPG's dont you think?

My god. Please don't. If people really wanted this, then they shd pay for it in DLC, not kill graphic cards just so people could orgasm over how big their shoulder pads are in combat.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Winter hero upgrades done, development of disaster prevention almost complete. More knight boosting buildings are being constructed. The Kingdom of West Mercia is down to their last army.

06.jpg

Not much of a threat. I realized an army with less hero is less of a threat and easier to beat.

07.jpg

It's a very straightforward map.

08.jpg

I was planning to flank with the light cavalry by hiding them on the left forest, but the opportunity was never taken, because I was too busy micro-ing. It's going to be a very direct attack.

09.jpg

Sensing the enemy's desire to push south after capping 2 VPs I send the Cavalry to sweep a line, covering the archers, while I exchange fire with Hold spells backup to lessen active archers on the enemy side.

10.jpg

The giants and heavy cavalry will provide the melee punch.

11.jpg

The enemy persisted, and maneuvered their knights through the left flank. I send 3 columns of sentinel to stop the charge.

12.jpg

Sniped ambushing archers in between with Curse of Shadows.

13.jpg

The sentinels fail to stop the charge, sustaining heavy casualty, luckily Sir Mark successfully intercepted the second knights charge. We just have to dance our archers a bit.

14.jpg

We stopped their infantry march with a shield wall sentinel.

15.jpg

Barrage of arrows to drop the marauding knights.

16.jpg

With that settled, we just have to mow down the rest with brute force.

17.jpg

19.jpg

Our land grows and the search for the missing hermit is on.

RK47

Patron
The performance of the Sentinels left much to be desired, previous battle indicates that they are really poor when facing a cavalry charge, and I start to think of what unit to replace them with, before the archers pay a higher price.

But first we have a hermit to rescue.

kay.jpg
There, I see it. A crystal tower at a distance.

mark.jpg
Best if I go in alone. We wouldn't want to attract too much attention.

kay.jpg
Stay safe.

20.jpg

mark.jpg
I should investigate the Tower first.

28.jpg

Sir Mark quickly hides.

29.jpg

30.jpg

mark.jpg
I'm not going to get in without one. I'll investigate that black dome.

31.jpg

Spotting him alone, Sir Mark dispatched him quickly in combat.

32.jpg

With the amulet in hand, Sir Mark proceeds into the tower.

33.jpg

Sir Mark ponders if he could actually succeed in interrogating one of the occupants, but realized it's not one of his strongest skill.

34.jpg

Sir Mark descends deeper into the tower.

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

Sir Mark quickly makes his escape and rejoined his army.

mark.jpg
We need to return to Cornwall quickly, our kingdom is in danger!

gar.jpg
What are they planning?

Sir Mark shares what he knows.

kay.jpg
Merlin owes us a lot of answers. To Cornwall!

41.jpg

Kurgis

Novice
Thought i'd stop lurking and post. Really good LP of this play through just like your other one on King Arthur - I got the game off Steam because of your lp's and its a good blast, just good fun.

Nice work.

:salute:

RK47

Patron
Herp Derp at King Arthur 2 Forum

Well I disagree .The game is called a RPG so it should fit into modern RPG standards.It is a huge immersion destroyer to have your Knight have a super awesome Axe equiped only show up on the battlefield with the same sword from when you met many seasons ago.

:x

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
rk47 said:
To be honest, it's a cool feature, I'd want it

So I must respectfully disagree

Smooth diplomacy bro :lol:

Should have reminded him of his proper place, which is being a faggot :bro:

Ah how the artificial ways of resolving conflicts through dialog which is supposed to be detached from emotional involvement bring us toward the real emotion behind it all : hate. Behind all moderated forums there is rpg codex

RK47

Patron
I know. This place is more open than anywhere else in the net. I am always conscious of that fact whenever I go elsewhere in the web.

I hope that guy is a teen, if he's 20+, then there's no other excuse other than being next-gen herp-derp.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

Gather 12 knights, and they'll get a boost to their skills and abilities. Don't be too picky about it, only two-thirds of them will play a huge role, to be honest.

As Sir Kay's army rushes to Cornwall, Camelot is busy building and developing itself.

02.jpg

Tower of Knightly Deeds is a crucial upgrade, even its sub-upgrades are effective. The total benefits of the tower when fully upgraded are:
+1 Skill points to all Knights
+1 Ability points to all Knights
+10% Battle Experience
+5% Adventure Experience
Chance for a lady in waiting to join you per year

03.jpg

Master Longbowman upgrade is almost finished, I'm going to queue Roads next to speed up our army.

04.jpg

And so we're here.

05.jpg

Just in time, too.

06.jpg

07.jpg

kay.jpg
That cursed wizard abandoned us again! I've had enough! We'll stand alone without him from now on! Scouts, do your job and find this army!

08.jpg

kay.jpg
We're going to need help with this one.

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

kay.jpg
Tell me more of this...Child.

12.jpg

13.jpg

kay.jpg
I must learn more.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

kay.jpg
You'll get your gold. Show me the library.

17.jpg

kay.jpg
I need specifics. This island's whereabouts is not known to me, perhaps the villagers know more.

18.jpg

19.jpg

kay.jpg
I despair at your greed. But take what you need, if I fail, you will all perish, anyway.

20.jpg

kay.jpg
I've wasted enough time! Let's go!

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

kay.jpg
No. I serve no one but my King and God. You are neither. Your price is too high. We'll stand alone.

25.jpg

kay.jpg
There's not much choice left, the hermit's help must be sought.

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

kay.jpg
I accept. May God bless us both with victory!

29.jpg

kay.jpg
Let us speak with our adversary first.

30.jpg

kay.jpg
There is nothing to negotiate. I will not let you carry even a handful of dirt from our lands, demon-spawns. In the name of God, we shall defeat you and the glory of Heavens will elude you in the afterlife!

31.jpg

Sir Kay closes his eyes and prayed.

I call on you, O God, for you will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer.

Show the wonder of your great love,
you who save by your right hand
those who take refuge in you from their foes.

Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings

from the wicked who assail me,
from my mortal enemies who surround me.

They close up their callous hearts,
and their mouths speak with arrogance.

They have tracked me down, they now surround me,
with eyes alert, to throw me to the ground.

They are like a lion hungry for prey,
like a great lion crouching in cover.

Rise up, O LORD, confront them, bring them down;
rescue me from the wicked by your sword.

-Psalm 17:6-13

kay.jpg
Amen.

He turned to his army and showed his fist.

brofist.png

With a great shout hundreds of fists rose. The battle has begun.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

Picking that hermit pays off handsomely. To be honest, you should take both options. This battle is extremely easy and the hero gets free EXP after 2 years of servitude. The Child option reduces their number a bit, but there's not much threat here, as long as you keep their archers down quickly, since they fire triple arrows.

02.jpg

The lighting of the map bugs me, its greenish tint irritates my eyes, but to the game it's clear sky and no penalties to the archers.

03.jpg

Since there's no VP. I decide to duke it out in the open. They have the advantage if they take us in the woods.

04.jpg

Winterbreeds are Sidhe Heavy Infantry that does not get penalty from fighting in the forest.

05.jpg

Unseelie Warriors are mini-giants and are well-matched against giants.

06.jpg

Cavalry units take positions up north. We're ready.

07.jpg

Cutting down their archers is key, use Hold spells to shut down 2. Cloud of arrows to focus fire one quickly while the horses charge in the open.

08.jpg

They can't counter this well, because they lack spear infantry. If you ask me why I didn't need spears in Old Faith playthrough, it's because with Sidhe Roads teleporting into archers face, there's no chance of cavalry gaining momentum to trample. Sidhe armies lack speed option if they don't possess teleportation skill.

09.jpg

The Autumnbreed never stood a chance against our Knights' charge.

10.jpg

Divided, and crushed in the open, it's a simple matter of slicing them to pieces.

11.jpg

Piece of cake. I can't believe I didn't fight them in my Old Faith Playthrough. :lol:

12.jpg

brofist.png

13.jpg

We've got a good two piece artifacts as well.

The red vial is quite powerful.
+1000 HP
+2000 HP (Unlockable)
+3000 HP (Unlockable)

The ring is Mana booster artifact.
+10 Mana
+10 Mana (Unlockable)
+20 Mana (Unlockable)

That felt good. Now all that is left is to deal with Sir Caradoc...and trigger the Ultimate Crusades.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
RK47 said:
02.jpg

Tower of Knightly Deeds is a crucial upgrade, even its sub-upgrades are effective. The total benefits of the tower when fully upgraded are:
+1 Skill points to all Knights
+1 Ability points to all Knights
+10% Battle Experience
+5% Adventure Experience
Chance for a lady in waiting to join you per year

What makes this really broken is that once you've fully upgraded it, you can demolish it, rebuild it, and get another +1 for skill and ability upgrades. Rinse and repeat and your heroes will turn into monsters of battle.. :M

RK47

Patron
I thought they fixed that bug already? :lol: I never did took advantage of this.

RK47

Patron
With the defeat of the Unseelie army, the realm enjoys a slight respite from conflicts and Sir Kay returns to Camelot.

king.jpg
I've heard the news, Unseelie army destroyed, well done. What will you do next?

kay.jpg
There is still the matter of the missing children from the village of World's End.

king.jpg
Who is behind this insidious plot?

kay.jpg
Our last investigation indicates the druids are involved.

king.jpg
Truly, the followers of Old Faith are twisted lot. Get to the bottom of this and rescue the children if possible.

kay.jpg
Sir Mark is already on the trails of the druids as we speak.

01.jpg

mark.jpg
Where could they be hiding?

03.jpg

04.jpg

mark.jpg
Blast it, perhaps the locals know more.

05.jpg

06.jpg

mark.jpg
There is a circle of stone nearby, do you know where are the druids who inhabit it?

07.jpg

mark.jpg
I'm on a trail of the missing children from the village of World's End. Have you seen any in the area?

08.jpg

mark.jpg
To the forest I go, then.

09.jpg

mark.jpg
I can't bring the whole army with me.

10.jpg

mark.jpg
Come out of the house! I wish to speak!

11.jpg

12.jpg

mark.jpg
I have no quarrel with you, I am only seeking the missing children.

13.jpg

mark.jpg
Ridiculous! You are in league with the druids themselves, evil witch!

14.jpg

15.jpg

mark.jpg
I'm going to need some answers from the innkeeper.

16.jpg

17.jpg

mark.jpg
Very well, but lie to me again, and you will pay the price.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

mark.jpg
You've undermined our race and stole our children in your foolish pursuit of petty favors from false gods. Tell us where the children are now, or I shall unleash God's wrath upon you!

21.jpg

kay.jpg
And they are within King Ryon's territory?

mark.jpg
Yes, we have no open border treaty. Trespassing will lead to war with the Wales.

aly.jpg
Before doing that, I recommend we establish an alliance with the Saxons, I've heard their King is seeking help to track down his missing heir.

gar.jpg
That looks like our best option at the moment. Let us proceed.

Taking the hermit option during the Visions quest will grant you another sage hero, Leodegrance.

22.jpg

Strange skill picks. Mana burn isn't bad, but not great. In Very Hard it might be worthwhile to burn half mana, but the rest of his skill picks like Enfeeble (lowers enemy hero HP%) is not that great. However, he has access to Hold spell. Might be worthwhile to build him up as backup sage.

23.jpg

More upgrades at Camelot during winter. We're boosting our research speed and build a forge to cut recruiting costs.

24.jpg

Sir Kay finally completes his Masterful Strategies - At rank 4 it automatically replaces 20% of each unit casualty rate after every combat.

25.jpg

Our level 10 Master Longbowman will get Swift Arrow, a short duration skill that improves their attack rate by 50%.

26.jpg

Sir Alymere boosts his armor of faith.

27.jpg

Leo joins the rest at the study center for Knights.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

The Wolflord is just one of those challenge battles that appear from time to time. Usually they give penalties to the province they're in, whether it's population reduction per turn or less income. They may go away eventually on their own, but it's best to deal with them when you can to avoid losing province's productivity.

02.jpg

Considering how mobile his army is, it's not possible to capture a single VP. Why?

03.jpg

Because every single unit is needed to form the archer's shield wall.

04.jpg

Will it hold?

05.jpg

First arrival gets stopped by King Mark. We're doing great, as I predicted, their charge is stopped cold by another horseback unit.

06.jpg

However, these wargs have high level sprint skill, making flanking extremely easy.

07.jpg

Well, if you think that's bad.

08.jpg

The Wolflord is pretty bad ass with Cleave and Lifedrain.

09.jpg

Hold spell can be used to save units. While the archers focus on one side first.

10.jpg

Sir Gareth can't match the Wolflord in melee, we disengage, hoping the archers would finish him off.

11.jpg

Bad mistake. He charges in alone at the archer.

12.jpg

Ridiculously fast, any hero that lead the unit, gains that unit speed. So in this case, the Wolflord gains warg-speed but retains his attack power. He trampled as the arrows rained on him.

13.jpg

He even circled for another charge.

14.jpg

And broke past my sentinels! :x

15.jpg

Fortunately that was his last breath.

16.jpg

17.jpg

The Reward is pretty decent. +2 Lead +2 Magic. The unlockable trait is +1 opponent attack is like a free cleave. It'll take 10 hero kills before it'll unlock. I give it to Sir Alymere.

18.jpg

Rescuing Sir Percivale will prove troublesome, he is located within King Cynric's territory. We have no open borders, and have to declare war over a knight, I decided to ignore it for now.

19.jpg

Winter time, I go for Scouts to view neighboring territories, crossbowmen as prequisite to wagon camps, which improves army movement speed.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I dunno if this was discussed before and I missed it, but RK, you ever try the Weaker Archers setting? If it makes a significant difference, I imagine it'll mean quite a different playstyle from what you've been doing both LPs, which is pretty archer-centric.

RK47

Patron
...uh...i think you'll see that archers aren't that great once ...uh..you'll see it. but not tonight, definitely not tonight.

Busy with work lately.

RK47

Patron
At long last, West Mercia...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

kay.jpg
Let's see what they're up to.

04.jpg

kay.jpg
A follower of the Old Faith? Explain yourself!

05.jpg

kay.jpg
How do you know about all this?

06.jpg

kay.jpg
I see, and how will I profit from this alliance?

07.jpg

kay.jpg
Let us bring this scoundrel to justice!

08.jpg

kay.jpg
Search the houses, there must be survivors.

09.jpg

kay.jpg
Have no fear, we are here to do good.

10.jpg

kay.jpg
They will pay for what they have done!

11.jpg

kay.jpg
Lay down your arms, and your lives will be spared!

12.jpg

kay.jpg
Why are they heading towards the forest?

13.jpg

kay.jpg
There's no time to lose!

14.jpg

kay.jpg
We seek no parlay with the likes of you, attack!

15.jpg

Notice the two empty unit slots on the enemy's army? That's what happens if you agree to join up with Ferresh. You can do the reverse, capture Ferresh and Caradoc will release the Saxon King's heir. Or, you can duel him but let him go with no battle.

16.jpg

kay.jpg
Foul weather.

aly.jpg
The archers will have difficulty, but I trust Sir Gareth's Dragon's Eye will give us an edge.

gar.jpg
Count on it!

17.jpg

No problems. We can capture the two VPs to the south and work on the third slowly.

18.jpg

There's a nice position to setup just behind a cliff. I park my archers while the cavalry gets in position.

19.jpg

Sometimes the enemy might do something stupid and make a rush for VP, a good placed Hold spell dooms the Knight. Our archers mowed them down.

20.jpg

Sir Caradoc forces replied with a cavalry charge, this is where our horseback knights perform best to counter charges with speed.

21.jpg

Archers are safe. We begin the melee.

22.jpg

They fold almost immediately.

23.jpg

Knowing that there is very little option but to attack, the enemy marches their infantry forward. I respond by regrouping my knights for another charge while the archers pepper them.

24.jpg

Annihilated.

25.jpg

All they got are archers now. In this weather, they can't do jack. We pull back after capping the third VP to let their morale drop to zero and claim a victory.

26.jpg

27.jpg

The quest text mention Sir Aelfred. But what we got is...

28.jpg

Sir Tegyr. :lol: Yet another Champion with Dispel..hmm...I don't know how good this skills is. Anyone can explain? As far as I remember this skill disables ALL spell casting, friend and foe alike during its duration. A double edged sword.

29.jpg

A new, somewhat underused spear unit. Huscarls has good HP, armor piercing and trample resistance but I decide to look for other options as Anti-Cavalry unit.

30.jpg

This is unavoidable. The Wrath of Caradoc puts you at war almost immediately with Wales. Better hope you're prepared, it's going to be a long war.

RK47

Patron
31.jpg

The deepening faith in Christianity allows us to recruit Royal Guards.

32.jpg

Defeating Sir Caradoc in battle gives you this cursed artifact. At 100% mana cost added it's double spell point consumption! A high price to pay. Is it worth it? Well, I don't know.

It takes 20 cast of Dragon spells to remove the 100% penalty (Dragon Eye or Dragon's Breath or Dragon Strike)
10% Increased damage takes 30 casts of Dragon.
-30% Mana cost for Dragon Spells takes 40 casts.

I really am not sure if I should be using it.

Camelot

king.jpg
You've performed exceptionally well, my knights, but our work is just beginning. The mighty kingdom of Wales eyes our borders.

kay.jpg
Let the heathens come, we will be ready.

aly.jpg
Aye, we'll show them the errors of their ways.

mark.jpg
What of the Saxons? They've sent an invitation to one of our knights.

33.jpg

king.jpg
I would like to decline this invitation until the war with Wales is settled.

kay.jpg
A wise decision.

gar.jpg
Rumors of child kidnapping broke out in East Mercia.

34.jpg

kay.jpg
No doubt those heathens are involved again. We cannot interfere now, East Mercia is no longer allied with us. We have our own wars to fight.

gar.jpg
Very well.

king.jpg
What is your next move, Sir Kay?

kay.jpg
The Wales army is massive, backed with sorcery. I have no doubt they will make the first move.

A guard rushes into the throne room and shouted, 'The Welsh army is attacking! Camelot is in danger!'

35.jpg

aly.jpg
Your predictions are always spot-on, Commander.

kay.jpg
Come, Brothers! To arms!

36.jpg

The Wales Crusade has begun.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
omg

I am confident you will crush them in the name of the lord, RK. CONFIDENT.

Drakron

Arcane
What? No Gwen? WTFITS?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom