Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Thief: The Decline Project! (Finished!)

Lost screenshots for minor quest. Have screenshots for next, more important quests. What do?

• Skip that shit and continue the LP

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Deliver every quest, even if it means replaying the whole questline, faggot

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

sah

Liturgist
oh god the faces
THE FACES

spekkio

Arcane
Plenty of:

81694922625808203229.jpg

ITT

Still:

:mob:

Peter

Arcane
Part 4: Busted

ScreenShot108.jpg

armandicon.jpg
You will be paid a modest sum. Do you want this job?

Why do you even ask, seriously? Of course I do.

armandicon.jpg
Excellent. Bring it back to me once you have it.

Time for another dangerous journey.

ScreenShot111.jpg

The first thing we do in Cheydinhal is find another beggar for some info.

ScreenShot115.jpg

hobowoman.jpg
He also posted a guard so that her tomb wouldn't be disturbed. Used to be anyone could visit her, but now it's off limits to the public. There's a rumor going around that the undercroft may be haunted.

Haunted? :x

I don't understand this, though. Why post a guard in a haunted tomb? In fact, why was the tomb even open to the public before?

390_7731_todd_howard.jpg
It's best you don't think about it too much.

What? Who said that?

Best to dip some arrows in holy water if I might be dealing with the undead.
ScreenShot118.jpg

ScreenShot119.jpg

Alright, here's the undercroft. There's a side room on both sides of this room, with the guard walking back and forth between them. Child's play. As for the woman standing by the entrance, I blackjack her as soon as she turns around.

ScreenShot121.jpg

ScreenShot122.jpg

There's the bust.

Surprisingly, I make it out of the undercroft without encountering any ghosts or zombies. Back to the Imperial City then.

ScreenShot129.jpg

A lot of guard activity in the Waterfront. In fact, that's Lex down there.

Methredhel explains everything.
ScreenShot123.jpg

Where is Armand?

methradhelicon.jpg
He is in hiding. Armand is accused of stealing the bust of Llathasa Indarys from Cheydinhal. They say Count Indarys himself filed the charges. There never was a client that commissioned the guild to steal Llathasa's bust.Armand used you to flush out an informant that infiltrated the guild.

:retarded:

So who's the rat?

methradhelicon.jpg
Myvryna Arano. Now Armand needs your help to neutralize her. You are going to pin the theft of the bust on Myvryna. She lives in the Waterfront. Plant the bust in her cupboard. Make sure she doesn't see you. Then go tell Hieronymous Lex that she is the thief. He probably won't believe you, so you may have to persuade him. Hopefully he will at least go check and it out.

Persuade? I think I know where this is going :x

There's the informant. It's the mongloid that gave me the note from the Gray Fox to begin with. Let's just plant the bust in the cupboard.
ScreenShot130.jpg

And now let's talk to Lex.
ScreenShot132.jpg

ScreenShot133.jpg

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

ScreenShot134.jpg

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

After admiring, boasting, coercing and joking for a minute or so, I've wined Lex's trust. I tell him that Myvryna is the one who stole the bust.

ScreenShot135.jpg

:smug:

ScreenShot136.jpg

ScreenShot137.jpg

ScreenShot138.jpg

ScreenShot139.jpg

ScreenShot140.jpg

ScreenShot141.jpg

ScreenShot142.jpg

:yeah:

With Lex gone from the Waterfront, Armand is back at the usual spot the next night.
ScreenShot143.jpg

armandicon.jpg
I know I used you in this matter with Llathasa'a bust, but I couldn't be certain you weren't working with Myvryna. Here is the reward you were promised. Even though the bust is gone, you've earned it.

ScreenShot146.jpg

ScreenShot147.jpg

ScreenShot151.jpg

ScreenShot152.jpg

Here's Bravil, the shithole of Cyrodil.

We find S'Krivva in her house.
ScreenShot153.jpg

ScreenShot154.jpg

:x

We steal some more shit and sell it to Ongar.

ScreenShot156.jpg

ScreenShot158.jpg

ScreenShot159.jpg

ScreenShot160.jpg

ScreenShot163.jpg

ScreenShot164.jpg

ScreenShot165.jpg

:salute:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I read it , I read it, may Yog-Sothoth have mercy on my soul. This is thieves guild quests? And I remember someone on the Codex saying what they was good.
BoS - paladins of Wasteland, Thieves Guild what returns collected taxes. Bethesda is sooooo gud.
Also game is ugly.

Peter

Arcane
Part 5: That fucking lizard

Time for Part 5 of our glorious LP of Thief: The Dragon Age

===

ScreenShot167.jpg

skrivvaicon.jpg
A street scavenger made off with a ring that the widow Ahdarji values highly. She is offering a reward. The guild frowns on freelance theives. Are you willing to go to Leyawiin, find the ring, and get it back to Ahdarji?

Ugh. Yes, I do, in fact, want the job. If I didn't, I wouldn't be fucking standing here.

skrivvaicon.jpg
This is good.

:x

skrivvaicon.jpg
Go to Leyawiin. Speak with Ahdarji and help her find the ring.

I'm not liking the fact that we're taking such personal jobs, but whatever. I don't even care anymore :(

Off to Leyawiin, I guess.

ScreenShot171.jpg

ScreenShot174.jpg

Ah, Leyawiin. It's good I came on a foggy day. Otherwise I'd have to look at the hideous red and orange buildings that look like they're made out of Play-Doh.

I've learned that the first thing we do on any Thieves Guild job is ask the local beggars about it.

ScreenShot172.jpg

This tip, by the way, did not help AT ALL. I found Ahdarji's house on what can only be describes as the EAST side of town. :x

Since she wasn't home, I took the opportunity to steal some shit from her. She may be a client of the guild, but she isn't a member, so it's allowed. :smug:

I find no Potato, though. :(
Also, my lockpick is floating.

ScreenShot176.jpg

ScreenShot177.jpg

Ah, there she is. Let's ask her about the ring.

ScreenShot180.jpg

ScreenShot181.jpg

Amusei? That's the guy that wanted to join the guild. Hah, can't even cover his tracks when stealing a stupid ring from a retired cat. Anyway, I tell her that the guild frowns on killing.

ScreenShot183.jpg

I don't think I need to explain the irony here. Fucking furry pride. :x

Time to ask another beggar about Amusei's location.

ScreenShot185.jpg

ScreenShot186.jpg

:what:

OHGOD.jpg

:x :what: :x

Ok, so, uh, castle dungeon. Th- Thanks for your help.

Here is the main hall of the castle.

ScreenShot187.jpg

ScreenShot188.jpg

ScreenShot190.jpg

lp5prison.jpg

I head to the dungeon and- OKAY, WAIT. There is a guard sitting in a chair here. And there is a hall leading DIRECTLY around said chair. The architect obviously didn't think things through. Even then, why not just move the guard post to a place where you can't get around it?! :x

390_7731_todd_howard.jpg
You said you wanted multiple paths. :(

Oh god, that voice again.

After drinking some brain bleach, I meet Amusei and ask him about the ring.

ScreenShot191.jpg

ScreenShot194.jpg

argonianicon.jpg
I went to the Imperial City in hopes of joining the Thieves Guild. Now I am forced to live as a freelance thief.

god-monty-python.jpg
Get on with it!

argonianicon.jpg
Why should I tell you where it is? Here I sit in Leyawiin's dungeon while you are free. What will you do for Amusei if I tell you?

I'll give you a lockpick. With your skill, chances are it won't help much. I mean, even if you unlock your cell, you still have to get out of-

ScreenShot198.jpg

Whatever. :/

argonianicon.jpg
Sunlit freedom! Yes, I stole that ring from Ahdarji. When I went to sell it, the fence told me I was too hot for him.

argonianicon.jpg
He showed me an inscription on the inside, 'To Alessia.' That had to be the Countess of Leyawiin. The damn ring was stolen property! Well, I figured I would ransom it back to the Countess. Except she tricked me. I was arrested for theft, and she kept the ring.

th_implied-facepalm.jpg

ScreenShot202.jpg

Fuck you.

I leave just as the guard goes to check on the prisoners.

ScreenShot203.jpg

Time to ask around the castle about the Countess and her ring. I start with the count.

ScreenShot204.jpg

ScreenShot205.jpg

Hlidara is nowhere to be found, so I ask another servant.

ScreenShot206.jpg

Excellent.

I wait for the Countess at supper that night, but she doesn't arrive. Odd.

ScreenShot209.jpg

The next morning, however...

ScreenShot210.jpg

ScreenShot211.jpg

ScreenShot213.jpg

ScreenShot214.jpg

Alright. That's all we need to know.

We head up to her private quarters at night. Only one guard is patrolling. He basically just walks through a bunch of rooms in a straight line. Just had to follow him and wait for him to go in the other direction at times.

ScreenShot215.jpg

ScreenShot216.jpg

Waiting in a side room.
ScreenShot218.jpg

ScreenShot219.jpg

The door to the bedroom.
ScreenShot220.jpg

ScreenShot221.jpg

ScreenShot222.jpg

We have the ring.

Way back.

ScreenShot223.jpg

ScreenShot225.jpg

Waiting behind a pillar.
ScreenShot227.jpg

And we're out of the restricted area. Man, the security in this castle is pretty pitiful.

lp5privateq.jpg

Back to Ahdarji.

ScreenShot229.jpg

ScreenShot231.jpg

And now we just report back to S'Krivva for our reward and promotion.

ScreenShot232.jpg

ScreenShot233.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
ScreenShot186.jpg

:what:

Mein Gott. This is really the true face of evil. More strange is that I literally can't remember ANYTHING of the Thief's Guild's quests (even if I found these the best part of Oblivion besides the Dark Brotherhood quests), maybe my brain was protecting me by blocking these horrible memories...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
At least the Thieves & Assassin quest line is the best. The rest is just pure shit.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
'Why, hello there, random stranger! Let me tell you where the lady of the castle is keeping her jewels!'

Peter

Arcane
Part 6: Understanding the guild

The fact that the Thieves Guild is one of the best things about Oblivion is not saying much.

Case in point: part 6.

===

ScreenShot164.jpg

Is it in some way related to your radiating glow today? :smug:

skrivvaicon.jpg
No, what glow? That bufoon, Hieronymous Lex, has invaded the Imperial City Waterfront. Imperial Watch guards from all over the city prowl the streets. He has vowed not to leave until the Gray Fox is in custody. The Fox is safe, but the Thieves Guild cannot do business like this.

[Intelligence]So Hieronymous Lex is trying to capture the Gray Fox?

skrivvaicon.jpg
Indeed. The poor of the Waterfront are kindred to the Gray Fox, and will not betray him. However, cubs soon get hungry. Soon someone will break.

Are you telling me that the bums on the Waterfront know of the identity of the Gray Fox and other high-ups in the guild!? :hmmm:

skrivvaicon.jpg
Many guild members could be jailed. Find Methredhel in the Imperial City. She is co-ordinating the guild's response.

You mean Methredhel, the chick who lost to me in the Thieves Guild trial, is now organizing jobs? What kind of fucking organization is this!? : x

Alright, gotta calm down. To the Waterfront.

ScreenShot171.jpg

Hmm, there really are quite a few guards here, including Lex.

ScreenShot173.jpg

Even Conveniently Placed Bum is gone. Guess I'll have to find another beggar in the city.

ScreenShot174.jpg

Oh man, there are like 20 houses on that district. I wish i had like a... compass or something to lead me directly to Methredhel.

No worries though. After checking my magical map that knows where everyone lives, I easliy find her.

ScreenShot175.jpg

ScreenShot176.jpg

methradhelicon.jpg
We need to get Hieronymous Lex to lift his siege. I have put together a plan. You and four other operatives will stage high profile thefts, all at the same time. Hopefully that will force Lex to reassign the Watchmen.

Stellar plan, hun. It's a good thing we're trying to keep our guild a secret. :M

methradhelicon.jpg
Your target is the Arcane University. We've had our eye on Hrormir's Staff for some time, but have been waiting for the wizards to be distracted. This is the perfect time. Will you help us?

No. This guild is incompetent and stupid.

methradhelicon.jpg
But thou must!

God damn it.

methradhelicon.jpg
You're doing it then. I knew the Gray Fox could count on you. The staff is in the Archmage's room. He sleeps between one and seven in the morning.

And spends the day standing in his room.

methradhelicon.jpg
Take this note. Leave it in his nightstand. Bring me the staff when you get it.

Let's take a look at that note, shall we?
ScreenShot183.jpg

Again, great fucking job keeping a low profile, Mr. Fox. You do realize that this is proof of your existence when most think you are simply an urban myth, right?

390_7731_todd_howard.jpg
Shhh... stop revealing plot holes.

Okay, whoever keeps fucking talking to me, shut the fuck up! I am NOT in the mood! :x

Here's the Univeristy. The Archmage's room is up that tower.

ScreenShot185.jpg

ScreenShot184.jpg

Oh man, is everyone braindead in Cyrodil? This teleporter is even more unsafe than a door or ladder because there is no way to lock it. Because, as we all saw before, it is possible to lock ladders.
ScreenShot186.jpg

Some dude is just standing there when I go one level higher. Blackjack time! :smug:
ScreenShot187.jpg

ScreenShot188.jpg

I feel like blackjacking people is the only bit of joy I have left in this world. :(

Ah, there's the staff. I grab it and promptly leave.

ScreenShot189.jpg

ScreenShot190.jpg

ScreenShot192.jpg

Getting it was child's play, babe. :smug:

methradhelicon.jpg
Excellent. Yours is the last item on the list. Now we just wait for the powers that be to pul the plug on Hieronymous Lex's siege.

Pull the plug? Isn't this like the 15th century? :x

methradhelicon.jpg
I want you to spy on Hieronymous Lex. Make sure you stay close enough to overhear any conversations. Sooner or later they will order him to return the guards to their original posts. When that happens, come and tell me.

Is it really completely necessary for me to spy on him? Can't, like, someone on the Waterfront just inform us? Is Lex leaving really such urgent news? WOULDN'T YOU NOTICE GUARDS FUCKING RETURNING TO THEIR USUAL POSTS? I MEAN, JESUS :rage: :x :x :x : x :decline:

Alright, calm down, Garrett. There's a reward in this for you. Just go to the Waterfront and check on Lex.

What's going on here?

ScreenShot198.jpg

ScreenShot199.jpg

ScreenShot201.jpg

ScreenShot202.jpg

ScreenShot203.jpg

The mages sent a summoned creature to deliver Fox a message.

ScreenShot204.jpg

ScreenShot205.jpg

ScreenShot206.jpg

ScreenShot207.jpg

Success. :smug:

Back to Methradhel's. :rage:

ScreenShot208.jpg

methradhelicon.jpg
I have one last task for you. As a sign of good faith, the Thieves Guild needs to return Hromir's Icestaff to the Arcane University.

WHAT. YOU SAID YOURSELF THAT THE GUILD HAD BEEN WAITING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO STEAL IT. WHAT THE SHIT. THIS WILL BE PROOF THAT WE POSE NO THREAT TO THE CITY. EVERYTHING WE HAVE DONE WILL BE UNDONE. GOD. FUCKING. DAMN. :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

GARRETT! Pull yourself together man. If you do this, one day you shall become leader of the guild and will have the authority to disband it. Yeah, that's a soothing thought. Keep that in mind. Okay, so I have to, ugh, i have to... return the- the staff to the University, ok, ok, yeah, ok.

methradhelicon.jpg
Still with us? Listen, the wizards are not to be trusted. I'm sure they are watching for us to put it back where you got it. They would have no qualms about killing you once they had the Icestaff back. Instead, I want you to put the staff into Ontus Vanin's safe chest. He keeps one in his home. Ontus is a former University researcher.

And then you finally pay me?

methradhelicon.jpg
Greedy bastard, aren't you? I like that in a thief.

As do I. Shame that I seem to be the only one like that in this guild.

methradhelicon.jpg
:( You'll have to see S'Krivva about that. I'm just running the scam.

The scam where a criminal organization attracts attention to itself, the legendary leader of said organization proves that he is real, and everyone else gets what they want? Brilliant scam, Methradhel. How'd you come up with it?

With that done, I head to Ontus' house and find a chest to put the staff in in his living room.

ScreenShot215.jpg

ScreenShot216.jpg

What. :x

Alright, let's try upstairs then.

ScreenShot217.jpg

ScreenShot218.jpg

ScreenShot219.jpg

ScreenShot220.jpg

Are you kidding me!? :rage:

ScreenShot221.jpg

Ah, here it is. You see, this is Ontus' chest. Who those other chests belong to, I have no idea. How silly of me to assume that chests in Ontus' home belong to Ontus unless specified.

With the stupid fucking staff planted in the stupid fucking chest, let's get this stupid fucking shit over with. :x

ScreenShot222.jpg

ScreenShot223.jpg

I would usually go :yeah: right about now, but this has been too fucking ridiculous. :x

390_7731_todd_howard.jpg
You know what, man? I don't do this very often, but I apologize for this.

Peter

Arcane
abnaxus said:
Trying too hard.

That last one really did piss me off to no end, and I feel I've been quite tame in the other ones.

Lumpy

Arcane
Wait, is the blackjack a standard item, or did you mod it in?
Also, yeah, when you want to steal a precious item you ask every important person where it is. And they tell you.

Peter

Arcane
Part 7: That fucking lizard, Pt. 2

Lumpy said:
Wait, is the blackjack a standard item, or did you mod it in?
Also, yeah, when you want to steal a precious item you ask every important person where it is. And they tell you.

The blackjack and special arrows are from the Thieves Arsenal mod. They definitely make the game quite a bit more fun (though there isn't much use for rope arrows, really).

And yeah, while I had to go through the dreadful minigame with the people in the castle, it's still ridiculous.

Anyway, here's part 7. It might just be the fact that the last quest was so horrid, but I actually found myself having a bit of fun with this one, shitty plot and lulz aside.

===

ScreenShot224.jpg

skrivvaicon.jpg
However, Theranis has not been seen since. The Gray Fox himself hunts for this book. I need you to find Theranis. Help Theranis bring back the book. If Theranis is unwilling or unable, bring back the book yourself. Are you agreeable?

Yeah, yeah, whatever. I don't understand why Theranis might be unwilling, though.

Anyway, to Skingrad.

ScreenShot228.jpg

Ah, a beggar right by the gate. How convenient. I ask him if some gold coins would help him remember about Theranis.
ScreenShot230.jpg

ScreenShot231.jpg

th_implied-facepalm.jpg
God damn it, Theranis.

Is there any way to get to the guy?

ScreenShot233.jpg

Alright. Assuming the defenses here are as good as in other castles, that should be easy.

Architecturally, Skingrad is definitely one of the less offensive cities. Very, very bland, but definitely better than the horrid Leyawiin, Bruma or Bravil.

Here's the Skingrad castle.

ScreenShot234.jpg

ScreenShot235.jpg

To the dungeon.
ScreenShot236.jpg

ScreenShot237.jpg

Hmm, the prison cells are behind that door. No way to sneak around that guy. Unless...

ScreenShot238.jpg

ScreenShot239.jpg

ScreenShot240.jpg

Haha, wow. The guy went to search for me in the prison cells, unlocking the door in the process. :M

ScreenShot241.jpg

ScreenShot242.jpg

ScreenShot243.jpg

WHAT. :lol:

The braindead guard leaves and I talk to the prisoner.

ScreenShot244.jpg

You already are out, buddy. :M

This guy seems to be deranged, but he's my only lead, so I ask him about Theranis.

ScreenShot245.jpg

I got a bad feeling I know what Argonian he's talking about. :x

Who's the Pale Lady then?

ScreenShot246.jpg

ScreenShot247.jpg

Where does the Pale Lady take them?

ScreenShot249.jpg

As I investigate the cells, I quickly notice a trail of blood..

ScreenShot252.jpg

ScreenShot253.jpg

ScreenShot254.jpg

No choice but to follow the trail.
ScreenShot255.jpg

ScreenShot256.jpg

ScreenShot257.jpg

ScreenShot258.jpg

ScreenShot259.jpg

ScreenShot260.jpg

ScreenShot261.jpg

ScreenShot262.jpg

ScreenShot263.jpg

That must be the Pale Lady.

You know what, she's asking for it, just standing there like that.

ScreenShot265.jpg

ScreenShot266.jpg

ScreenShot267.jpg

Vampires. Horrible creatures.

Let's grab this key off of her.

ScreenShot268.jpg

ScreenShot269.jpg

Theranis didn't make it. :(

This raises a question, though. Why is he in armor and has a weapon?

390_7731_todd_howard.jpg
Just drop it, bro. For this one time.

Alright, alright. It's still stupid, though. :rpgcodex:

ScreenShot270.jpg

Don't fucking tell me...

ScreenShot272.jpg

I knew it! :x

So, uh, how'd you get here, Amusei? :M

argonianicon.jpg
Those cretin Skingrad guards caught me stealing a fish and locked me up.

Oh wow, what a failure. :lol:

argonianicon.jpg
You have saved my life, again. You are a true friend.

No.

argonianicon.jpg
I will never forget this. I've decided to join the Thieves Guild. No more jails for me!

So anyone can just join? I was the only one that had to complete the trial? :x

Chill, Garrett. Just ask the guy about Theranis.

argonianicon.jpg
Theranis? How did you know about him? He was my cellmate. At least until the Pale Lady took him away.

Did he tell you about a book?

argonianicon.jpg
No. But he did give me a message about a treasure to deliver to the Thieves Guild if I was ever to get out. After the first time Theranis was taken by the Pale Lady, he knew he was going to die. Get me out of the castle and I'll give you the message.

Fuck. Guess I have to do it.

ScreenShot283.jpg

ScreenShot284.jpg

No way am I going to get past the jail cell guard with Amusei following me, so we find another route.
ScreenShot285.jpg

Just one servant in this area.

ScreenShot286.jpg

ScreenShot287.jpg

ScreenShot288.jpg

ScreenShot289.jpg

ScreenShot290.jpg

We're in the castle's main hall now.

ScreenShot297.jpg

Damn, no way to get past the guards and out into the courtyard.

ScreenShot298.jpg

Might as well try.

ScreenShot299.jpg

[Perception]Something is very wrong about this place.

ScreenShot300.jpg

Ah, brilliant.

ScreenShot301.jpg

No guards in the courtyard.

ScreenShot302.jpg

ScreenShot304.jpg

Brilliant. We're out.

Time for Amusei to spill the beans.

ScreenShot306.jpg

ScreenShot307.jpg

Finding that shouldn't be too hard. Luckily, Amusei leaves us now.

ScreenShot308.jpg

ScreenShot309.jpg

Great. The book was right by the gate to the castle. I won't question when Theranis managed to place the book there between bragging in the inn and getting taken to the dungeon since I've gotten out of this with a relatively small amount of :rage:

Let's just get back to S'Krivva.

ScreenShot310.jpg

ScreenShot311.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom