Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Creepiest bug in bloodlines

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Had this once. It's even better in motion. She rolls her eyes.

CrazyEyes.jpg

Really shows the way our brains are wired to feel revulsion of the alien.
Probably would be a worthwhile additions to a npc if it wasn't a general bug.

desocupado

Magister
It's creepy as fuck.

It reminds me of a "soldier blob" video that was inside the Codename: Panzers cd. It shown a few soldier models merged together, moving.

Shit, that was creepy.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I had that bug throughout my last playthrough! It's fucking annoying. Are you playind the dowloaded DVD version with the community patch?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I've only had it once, when playing some kind of bugged mod.

I believe it was a compilation. Not the clan quest 2.0 i think. I normally use the wesp unofficial plus patch.

In fact, a new version ( 7.3 ) came out today. I'm still waiting for clan quest 2.1 but losing patience.

zool

Arcane
I'm still waiting for clan quest 2.1 but losing patience.
Burgermeister01 posted this last week.
I feel like testing is drawing to an end, so a release date shouldn't be too far away. The biggest thing at this point, is waiting for some materials to come back from voice actors. Also, UP 7.3 is just around the corner; I anticipate being able to integrate that into CQM before release

Radisshu

Prophet
Srsly though, the creepiest bug in Bloodlines for me was when Jack crawled out of the screen and raped me.

ironyuri

Radisshu said:
Srsly though, the creepiest bug in Bloodlines for me was when Jack crawled out of the screen and raped me.

That wasn't Jack, that was
AoW1_Heroes_80x100_Human_Rogue.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Jaesun said:
Are you playing a legit version of Bloodlines SCO or a pirated copy? Just curious.

Pirated as hell. After troika went down however.

It doesn't matter for the bug, the unofficial patch replaces the exe and many other things.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
zool said:
I'm still waiting for clan quest 2.1 but losing patience.
Burgermeister01 posted this last week.
I feel like testing is drawing to an end, so a release date shouldn't be too far away. The biggest thing at this point, is waiting for some materials to come back from voice actors. Also, UP 7.3 is just around the corner; I anticipate being able to integrate that into CQM before release

Oh cool.

Nael

Arcane
SCO said:
Jaesun said:
Are you playing a legit version of Bloodlines SCO or a pirated copy? Just curious.

Pirated as hell. After troika went down however.

It doesn't matter for the bug, the unofficial patch replaces the exe and many other things.

There are degrees of pirating? Did you board someone's house who owned a copy, rape everything in sight, and scuttle it?

:/

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
There is the degree that Troika never sees a cent of the money, yes.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Infact, now that i think of it, its possible some of the coders/artists are still working for activision. But i don't think so. Wiki says:

founder

* Tim Cain – Joined Carbine Studios in 2005 as programming director. Was promoted to design director in late 2008.[9]
* Leonard Boyarsky – Took a year off due to burnout syndrome, then joined Blizzard Entertainment to work on Diablo 3.
* Jason D. Anderson – Left the gaming industry to sell real estate. In September 2008 he joined Interplay Entertainment to work on an unannounced MMORPG.[10] In March 2009 he quit Interplay and joined inXile Entertainment as creative director in a new RPG project.[11] In January 2011, he left inXile to join Turtle Rock Studios.

Team leader

On Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines:

* Brian Mitsoda – Lead writer (also character designer).[12] Joined Obsidian Entertainment, worked on Alpha Protocol. Left Obsidian to open his own development studio DoubleBear Productions in June 2009.[13]
* Chad Moore – Lead character modeler. Joined Sony Computer Entertainment motion capture department, work includes Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed, God of War and Killzone.[14] Currently working as lead creative designer at Carbine Studios.
* Andrew Meggs – Lead programmer. Joined Mythic Entertainment to work on Warhammer Online.
* Brock Heinz – Lead scripter. Joined Obsidian Entertainment as programmer on Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer.[15] Left Obsidian in early 2009, is now working at Turtle Rock Studios.

On The Temple of Elemental Evil:

* Michael McCarthy – Lead artist. Worked for Double Fine Productions on Brütal Legend and for Radical Entertainment on Prototype.[16]

Others

* Dennis Taylor (programmer), T. J. Perillo (designer). Joined 7 Studios to work on the PS2 game The Sopranos: Road to Respect.
* Jesse Reynolds (programmer). Joined Obsidian Entertainment worked on Neverwinter Nights 2. left Obsidian and currently working at Carbine Studios.
* Christopher Glenn (artist). Joined SuperVillain Studios

Maybe a paypal page is in order? Oh wait, paypal stole the wikileaks account.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I've had that exact bug with Garry's Mod models, and not Bloodlines ones - the GTA4 one for the Avatar in my Ultima XXX comic had it, which was great fun to check for and avoid every screenshot. Must be a source thing.

Wait up, sorry to play the idiot here, but what am I supposed to be looking at? I've played that game plenty of times, but I'm not getting what's odd about the shot. I'm guessing it's pretty obvious given that everyone else hasn't had any problems, but...I don't know, just explain it to me, this is frustrating.

I mean, I can see her eyes looking kind of weird, but....uggh goddamnit just explain what's wrong with her compared to an unbugged shot.

Edit: Ohh, I see now...the OTHER pupils. That's it, right? She's got 2 sets of pupils? I was seeing (presuming that's it) one set as being the shading of the inner corner of her eye. I guess that's the other, opposite, brain wiring that's also a fundamental part of our perception: the brain automatically filling in the details that it expects to be there, so you can miss small incongrenuities if they're unexpected.

We call people with that condition (2 pupils/irises) Tasmanians over here.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
She has two (or more, can't recall) irises per eye

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I wish there was a ytube video of this i could show to you guys. It's intensely creepy when she looks to the sides and the other iris focuses on you.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
And so you could in the game.

If only troika had implemented the tumescence rules.

Oh wait they did.

I had that happen to my player character once. Not for anything else, though, at least from what I noticed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom