Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Whom did you side with in NV?

racofer

Thread Incliner
I personally sided with Caesar's Legion since my character was very mean towards everyone. I didn't take shit from anyone did a sort of "renegade" playthrough my second time around, so Legion sort of seemed like the "right choice", although what I really wanted was to blow the entire desert to hell and screw everyone in the process.

Still, I can't deny that NCR - (even though I don't think they would've liked me much after slaughtering their men at that military outpost with a huge statue, and that was even before I sided with Legion.) - sounded tempting as well specially since they wanted Mr. House dead which I strongly agree with - that fucker is damn annoying and pretentious, I wish I could drag him into into sunlight and let him burn instead of simply putting a bullet in his head. Not that I haven't killed him on my last playthrough and dragged his body around though :smug:

What about you guise? Whom did you side with? Or did you take the lone wolf path? I just can't figure myself playing any game anymore as the good guy though, it's never as much fun nor rewarding as being a badass, although I would've loved if the game pictured you as some sort all out nemesis and all factions at some point teamed up to screw you up, I never understood why games never explored this side of the spectrum where your initially unimportant character ends up as a substantial threat to everybody's interests. Most of the times, even when sided with the bad guys, proven your loyalty and worth and you're at least ten times worse than them you're still treated as an errand boy from start to finish. I guess only Vice City did this right in the history of gaming :/

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I can't recall many games that had that "YOU'VE BEEN A THORN IN MY SIDE FOR FAR TOO LONG AVATAR" vibe where the whole world fights you at the end (because you're a dick).

I mean, in U8 you certainly deserved it.

That might be very cool. Like a videogame ultimate battle of ultimate destiny, but with you clearly being the target.

Knights of the Chalice had something similar in the "ultimate" fight where the various "evil" races get annoyed at you and gang up behind a arachnid diplomat to rape you.

But if you're evil... everyone hates you... shit, i'm getting the epic delusion (thinking it would be cool when likely it would be lame, like DA2).

Project: Eternity
I tried to go with a "good" character which pretty much translated to "anti Legion" as far as I could see. Also helped the Followers a whole lot, to achieve the greatest amount of good for the most people.

I'm still not done with the game but I've gone so far with Mister House. When the "destroy the Brotherhood bunker" quest came up I considered killing House instead since it felt like a pretty callous thing to do after I got to know them a bit (and I took Veronica with me everywhere at that time). After they threw her out, I destroyed the bunker after all though and I guess I'll stay with House for the end.

ortucis

Prophet
First playthrough I sided with Mr.House but since I had completed almost all sidequests and saved before last quest begins, I can now go back to and play last quest and side with Yes Man and NCR (DeusEx2 syndrome - get all possible endings with one save :P ).

For legion I will have to start fresh (which I am currently).

SoupNazi

My first playthrough I just went with whatever felt right. My character wasn't exactly "good" but I just couldn't side with the Legion because they seemed so lame after that encounter in Nipton (I think) where the guy goes on and on about how the city was purified and shit. Then my opinion of them was confirmed when I met up with Caesar and learned that he's an old man with a brain tumor and no brilliant strategist.

At the same time, I also used the HELIOS I weapon to wipe out an entire platoon of NCR, killed several Veteran Rangers because I just loved their armor. So eventually, I just figured I'd go with my own interests and independent New Vegas. This of course led to killing Billy (even though his proposal sounded good, revenge is revenge), unhooking House but keeping him alive (because it was amusing and I wanted his place) and eventually siding with Yes Man and wiping out both the NCR and the Legion, becoming the sole overlord of New Vegas, complete with an entire army of super-robots capable of defending the city from any future NCR onslaughts.

:smug:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
MetalCraze said:
mondblut said:
Freelance Henchman said:
stop playin shit gaems

I side with this.

Tagging this quote chain for future use when the usual suspects next protest that they don't just wander into every thread about a game they dislike to whine that everyone else should stop having fun even when no discussion of the game's merits is underway

muffildy

Educated
ncr

I sided with the NCR, and so far im anti legion/anti powder gangers/anti khans.
What would be neat is if you could assassinate caesar and take over the legion; i mean their whole sctick is that they want the old ways back, well that was the old ways.

ortucis

Prophet
Re: ncr

muffildy said:
I sided with the NCR, and so far im anti legion/anti powder gangers/anti khans.
What would be neat is if you could assassinate caesar and take over the legion; i mean their whole sctick is that they want the old ways back, well that was the old ways.

*SPOILER*.. ?
I don't think you can take over unless maybe if you are friendly with them already. I killed Caesar half-way through and mentioned that little "fact" to Mr.House. He said something about that having no consequences since Caesar will be replaced and my kill is basically useless (well, except for the XP and fuckload of loot, including new kickass weapons I bought back from my trip). Anyways, playing as a pro legion character right now, so I will find out soon.

He had a tazillion men in skirts guarding him in his tent. All I wanted to know was "why"..
30kbrwy.jpg

:x

racofer

Thread Incliner
SimpleComplexity said:
Whatever. You won't see me writing essays aka i'm untrollable.
:smug:

And who's attempting to troll anybody? I made this topic so people could express in one place their choices on what factions they've chosen to take part with in NV, nothing else. I don't know why you would bring up "I don't side with racofer...", if you have personal issues with me, take them elsewhere and don't pollute this thread.

*shrugs*

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I went with Mr House, however not with a open heart after I had to destroy the BoS bunker. There is no good ending in this game.

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
toro said:
I went with Mr House, however not with a open heart after I had to destroy the BoS bunker. There is no good ending in this game.

Yeah, I almost reloaded when I saw I had to take out the BoS. Figured I'd man up and roll with it though.

Sadly, the only faction I kinda thought were decent, The Kings, were wiped out because thanks to my extensive efforts to get them in nice with the NCR, they were branded traitors by Mr. House and destroyed.

Ruprekt

Scholar
Still on my first play through,

but so far I sided with the powder gangers for no apparent reason... whch pissed off the NCR who issued a death threat ultimatum... to which I took exception... so I weaponised Helios one and massacred another NCR encampent... and that's as far as I am :salute:

Hopefulyl I'm going to screw up the game which I can then blame vociferously on Obsidian for giving me C&C instead of Bethesda larping.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The game does a really good job of making choosing sides something you consider greatly. Even if I've been working nicely with the NCR so far, I'm still conflicted whether or not I'll really stay with them.

mondblut

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Tagging this quote chain for future use when the usual suspects next protest that they don't just wander into every thread about a game they dislike to whine that everyone else should stop having fun even when no discussion of the game's merits is underway

It's not like there are many other kinds of threads to wander into ATM. The TES Codex at its finest :roll:

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was sort of forced to work with Yes Man when Houses robots decided to kill me. I guess I could have still gone NCR or Legion, but I decided to try and go for an independent Vegas.

Luzur

Good Sir
and i am currently siding with the NCR.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom