Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You guys ever played Blade runner? (Made another no cd)

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Any no cd patch around?

Anyway the game appears to have a patch, only really not (the patch is a lie in my case).
It's just a executable with the same md5 as the installed one. Possibly some versions had another executable.

See next post.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ok i believe i managed to make one.

*google alert*
here is a westwood blade runner cd version no-cd full install
*google alert*

Full install of the CD version (not the DVD version, but you can try replacing the executable - it's the patch bellow - it might work if the data is the same).
edit the executable (as i said in my version is the same as the "patch" but you might want to get it to be safe, it's on patches scroll. Alternatively the md5 is given below.

Original file md5:
c8ccb0d2646a72834ce8d2fc67d09764

Edit from the address (hexadecimal) 0000FFF1 -> 90 90
Edit from the address (hexadecimal) 00010028 -> 90 90

Edited file md5:
0b281cb8dfa16aa36f28dfb8d4ccc38b

It appears to work. I didn't play it all myself so no guarantees of course. I've since played it. Works.

If anyone from Good Old Games is googling for no-cds for Blade Runner, i give full permission for them to use this. It's cool guys. Public domain.

Steam can kiss my ass though. It's not public domain to those faggots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom