Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there too many smilies?

Smilies, what of them?

• There are too many of them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The smilies we have are about right.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Terror Teats

Educated
Fat Dragon said:
:brofist: doesn't need a smiley, the word alone is powerful enough.

hell no, it needs a smiley, other wise things will get heterosexual around here p. quciklly.

Shannow

Waster of Time
DarkUnderlord said:
As the poll makes it clear there is an overwhelming majority of users who believe we have too many smilies, I have reduced the number of smilies.
It does? I see 29 in favour of smilies against 26 dumb shits.
But hey, whatever increases drama.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Shannow said:
DarkUnderlord said:
As the poll makes it clear there is an overwhelming majority of users who believe we have too many smilies, I have reduced the number of smilies.
Well, at the time of writing it was over 51%. People are obviously voting late now and skewing the results.

Glyphwright

238599686v5_350x350_Front.jpg

Terror Teats

Educated
DarkUnderlord said:
Well, at the time of writing it was over 51%. People are obviously voting late now and skewing the results.

That's all well and good, but can you comment on the status of the :brofist: smiley's development? What stage is the progress at? Can you confirm or deny that you are in fact designing a :brofist: smiley, or whether you are still searching for a suitable candidate to do so?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Personally, I would throw out all generic emoticons and would leave only the original Codex-specific ones like smugbird, rpgnazi, multiheaded dick and the troll.

Achilles

Arcane
I say keep it like this for some time. Some emoticons were way overused. After a sufficient amount of time has elapsed, pay Racofer huge amounts of money (or potato, women, men, trannies, anything he wants) to make new ones. Then, invent a system where everyone has the right to use only a finite number of emoticons every month.

Shannow

Waster of Time
DarkUnderlord said:
Shannow said:
DarkUnderlord said:
And obviously even most dumbfucks who were in favour of reducing emotes simply wanted less 4chan copy-pasta. Whereas you gave them: "In communist Codexia the smiley emotes you."
Or something to that effect ;)
Thus doing nothing (well, maybe a nefarious social experiment) but generating DRAMA.
Although the turnover thus far was quite pathetic. Perhaps we should involve something awful or 4chan in an emote war. Something along the lines that their emotes are so bad even by codex standards they're considered crap and detrimental to the usual high-brow conversations we normally indulge in.
I know: 4chan is a cesspool of emotes.

That should have kicked the buckethive. I expect internetz drama any minute now.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Is there any way to remove smilies for future posts but keep older posts intact with the previous images?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Good stuff. I'd keep the Codex Troll though because it is really our mascot, but that's about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom