Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol sucks massive Multi-Headed Dick

circ

Arcane
What did you get? I just skip most of the gayboy dialogue.

CrimHead said:
Hmm.. This partially confirms my suspicions. I'm beggining to think Skyway hasn't even played most of these games, he just regurgitates the most embittered and extreme views he hears on the codex and adds a few "banal shit borings". Hes trolling the living fuck out of all of you.

If you ever played VTMB, Skyway, you'd know that Obfuscate is an absolutely gamebreaking skill. And if you ever played Malkavian OR Nosferatu (the latter in particular), you'd know that they both rely on it.

And even if AP turns out to be shit when I play it, I'm not going to say "Looks like Skyway was right" like alot of you are doing, because he was judging the game on bullshit evidence anyway.

More evidence, this time about Deus Ex.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 9&start=25

CrimHead

Scholar
roll-a-die said:
CrimHead said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Jim Cojones said:
Metalcraze said:
Jim Cojones said:
Jim cojones said:
Yes, it did have. Not for all the clans though.
OK. At least in my playthrough I never encountered it.
Do you know which classes get this power? Nosferatu and malkavian. It is quite hard to miss because it is explained in the first mission (well, you can skip it but it's 10 minutes for free XP and a gun) and there are only three powers per class. Clearly somebody who has played them both would know about it.
skyway said:
Play as Nosferatu or Malkavian (a big yes for a second playthrough with the last one).
My guess is that you heard on the Codex that these two classes are cool to play so you recommended them for KKK.

:lol:

fucking hell, skyway.

Hmm.. This partially confirms my suspicions. I'm beggining to think Skyway hasn't even played most of these games, he just regurgitates the most embittered and extreme views he hears on the codex and adds a few "banal shit borings". Hes trolling the living fuck out of all of you.

If you ever played VTMB, Skyway, you'd know that Obfuscate is an absolutely gamebreaking skill. And if you ever played Malkavian OR Nosferatu (the latter in particular), you'd know that they both rely on it.

And even if AP turns out to be shit when I play it, I'm not going to say "Looks like Skyway was right" like alot of you are doing, because he was judging the game on bullshit evidence anyway.
Technically I've gone through the game as a malk with no points in Obfus. Hysteria, Mass Hysteria and Suicide are gamebreakers as well. The same for the respective Dominate powers. Sure, they only stun vamps for like 2 seconds but when you can cycle through them like so, 1 suicide, lay a clip into them, 2, Hysteria, lay a clip into them, 3, suicide lay a clip into them and so on. You can defeat damn near anyone. About the only person I had a problem with was Brother Celerity-User at the Crack House. Mass Hysteria is good for mopping up mooks. Hysteria is good for feeding and doing the same.

Well yes, regular stealth is pretty broken as well. The argument that ITS A VAMPIRE IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO SNEAK 10 FEET IN FRONT OF PEOPLE IN PLAIN LIGHT is p. bullshit if you ask me.

All I'm just asking for a little consistency here. VTMB has virtually no meaningful C&C, many broken gameplay mechanics, tons of bugs, absolutely shitty AI, and is easy as fuck. Now here the codex is, half a decade later, bitching at AP for THE EXACT SAME SHIT BLOODLINES DID EVEN THOUGH THESE SAME PEOPLE PRAISE BLOODLINES TO NO END. WHAT THE ROYAL FUCK.

Felix

Arcane
CrimHead said:
roll-a-die said:
CrimHead said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Jim Cojones said:
Metalcraze said:
Jim Cojones said:
Jim cojones said:
Yes, it did have. Not for all the clans though.
OK. At least in my playthrough I never encountered it.
Do you know which classes get this power? Nosferatu and malkavian. It is quite hard to miss because it is explained in the first mission (well, you can skip it but it's 10 minutes for free XP and a gun) and there are only three powers per class. Clearly somebody who has played them both would know about it.
skyway said:
Play as Nosferatu or Malkavian (a big yes for a second playthrough with the last one).
My guess is that you heard on the Codex that these two classes are cool to play so you recommended them for KKK.

:lol:

fucking hell, skyway.

Technically I've gone through the game as a malk with no points in Obfus. Hysteria, Mass Hysteria and Suicide are gamebreakers as well. The same for the respective Dominate powers. Sure, they only stun vamps for like 2 seconds but when you can cycle through them like so, 1 suicide, lay a clip into them, 2, Hysteria, lay a clip into them, 3, suicide lay a clip into them and so on. You can defeat damn near anyone. About the only person I had a problem with was Brother Celerity-User at the Crack House. Mass Hysteria is good for mopping up mooks. Hysteria is good for feeding and doing the same.

Well yes, regular stealth is pretty broken as well. The argument that ITS A VAMPIRE IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO SNEAK 10 FEET IN FRONT OF PEOPLE IN PLAIN LIGHT is p. bullshit if you ask me.

All I'm just asking for a little consistency here. VTMB has virtually no meaningful C&C, many broken gameplay mechanics, tons of bugs, and is easy as fuck. Now here the codex is, half a decade later, bitching at AP for THE EXACT SAME SHIT BLOODLINES DID EVEN THOUGH THESE SAME PEOPLE PRAISE BLOODLINES TO NO END. WHAT THE ROYAL FUCK.
They are hypocrites hunt for KKK.

CrimHead said:

Hmmm...what if they are vampires with cybernetic augments?

All I'm just asking for a little consistency here. VTMB has virtually no meaningful C&C, many broken gameplay mechanics, tons of bugs, absolutely shitty AI, and is easy as fuck. Now here the codex is, half a decade later, bitching at AP for THE EXACT SAME SHIT BLOODLINES DID EVEN THOUGH THESE SAME PEOPLE PRAISE BLOODLINES TO NO END. WHAT THE ROYAL FUCK.

On a completely unrelated note, lets laugh at fanbois at other forums ignoring the flaws on their favorite games.

CrimHead

Scholar
Clockwork Knight said:

Also, Skyway: what's your take on Deus Ex's graphics, voice acting, and AI? Do you have an opinion on the fact that locks can be picked by anyone provided they have enough lockpicks (therefore making it just as bad as a lockpicking mini-game which can be completed by anyone provided they have good enough reflexes)?

Clockwork Knight said:
On a completely unrelated note, lets laugh at fanbois at other forums ignoring the flaws on their favorite games.

You're talking about PST aren't you? No that game is perfect.

roll-a-die

Magister
CrimHead said:
Clockwork Knight said:

Also, Skyway: what's your take on Deus Ex's graphics, voice acting, and AI? Do you have an opinion on the fact that locks can be picked by anyone provided they have enough lockpicks (therefore making it just as bad as a lockpicking mini-game which can be completed by anyone provided they have good enough reflexes)?
Graphics were just on the bad side of decent, not terrible, but not good either. But I'm of the opinion that graphics don't matter. Voice Acting was so-so. Some were done excellently, Page and Simons mainly. JC was also done well, just enough emotionlessness to project upon, while still having decent enough lines to endear himself to you. Most others were various ethnic/cultural stereotypes with few exceptions. AI was retarded, as AI must be for stealth mechanics to work. Low amounts of peripheral vision coupled with the ability to stand right next to an enemy if you are in darkness and a lack of depth perception plague it. How can an enemy not see me from 40 feet away? People will walk past a corpse if they don't see them die or hear gun shots, that only carry about 20 feet. Lockpicks were a decent mechanic that could use some refining, making them rarer and interspersing them with grenades would add a decent amount of tension as you decide whether to blow a door or pick it. While still providing bonus's for acid explorers. The lockpick skill is slightly too powerful in that you can reduce most locks to 1 or 2 picks at master level.

The story was a little retarded, but was saved by the startling amount of non-linearity of the levels and how you could affect the plot in many different minor ways.

Multi-headed Cow

Well shit. Bloodlines is probably my second favorite CRPG ever so now I have to love AP.

Karmapowered

Augur
Just joining the "not so sure why this game keeps getting bashed so unduly and unfairly" crowd.

I think it will be hailed as a classic in a couple of months, once the heat settles.

Life ain't fair, I know, and I am not really an Obsidian fanatic usually, but the game is actually pretty good.

Play it!

Dny

Educated
Drog you should be giving up trolling cuz' it's clearly not what you're the best at. Go open a gay bar and I'm sure you'll be doing just fine.

racofer

Thread Incliner
The camera constantly jumps around, there are a good few seconds of lag between each weapon menu at the shop, textures fail to load, the AI can stare right at your face. Its a completely broken game thats nigh unplayable with a shit story thats incoherent and the graphics are so bad that you cant tell what is happening on the screen. The gameplay is just horribly broken. The enemy AI may be bad but the cover system is the worst I have seen in a game. EVER. not to mention when I move my crosshairs the screen goes blurry as shit and loses all texture randomly. makes it really easy to track enemies. The texture popping which horribly effects gameplay. it's the equivalent of saying "buying a car based on how it runs is for ninnies" The game is a technical mess. I've fallen through the map 4 times now into infinite space, been locked out of doors I need to go through. These are all technical problems. It's glitchy as hell. When I strafe while aiming the textures just vanish completely. not to mention constant slowdown. Yes the art design is non-existent and animations stutter, gameplay is just downright horrendous.

Achilles

Arcane
racofer said:
The camera constantly jumps around, there are a good few seconds of lag between each weapon menu at the shop, textures fail to load

Look, you can bash the game all you want in terms of gameplay, story or whatever else, but bashing it just because you downloaded a shitty crack is just lame. Not one of the things you mentioned is a problem with the original version.

racofer

Thread Incliner
No that's not true. Even the original version has these issues. A quick visit to Obshit's forums will reveal that.

Achilles

Arcane
racofer said:
No that's not true. Even the original version has these issues.

It doesn't. I have the original DVD version. With the crack, jerky camera and delay when entering/browsing the black market. Without it, everything is smooth.

KalosKagathos

Learned
There's even a proper crack out there that fixes it. Titan Quest all over again: bashing a good game because you're a filthy pirate.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I own the game, bought and pay for, on a high-end PC, and I have the texture loading issues.

tetsuo

Scholar
Mass Effect 1 had the same issue its a common problem with this old revision of the UT 3 Engine not really Obsidians fault.

Radisshu

Prophet
Grunker said:
I own the game, bought and pay for, on a high-end PC, and I have the texture loading issues.
I've got the PS3 version, and I sometimes get texture loading issues as well, but I don't consider that to be a huge problem. I haven't encountered any camera glitching, though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Radisshu said:
Grunker said:
I've got the PS3 version, and I sometimes get texture loading issues as well, but I don't consider that to be a huge problem. I haven't encountered any camera glitching, though.

My point exactly. If you really have a problem with the fact that it take 0.5 of a second before the game loads your armor, you have a problem.

Interesting, I had the pirated version with the skidrow crackfix, and no texture issues...only periodic slowdowns, which I think were my laptop's fault since it happened with other games as well (like Oblivion and Morrowind). When I cleaned the inside, the slowdowns stopped (overheating issues, then), but I by that point I already uninstalled AP. Sigh.

Crazy_Vasey

Novice
I've got most of the listed problems here as well and I'm pretty sure that Steam doesn't ship some shitty cracked version.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Alexandros said:
racofer said:
No that's not true. Even the original version has these issues.

It doesn't. I have the original DVD version. With the crack, jerky camera and delay when entering/browsing the black market. Without it, everything is smooth.

It does.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It doesn't.

Well, except the texture loading, but it doesn't take longer than 2 seconds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom