Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This FF8 LP is totally dead.

Schattenjäger

Scholar
It appears the horse is not planning to update soon.

So, post more comics.

Bitte.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I'm afraid only the power of LIONHEART can save us now, this thread has sat in decline for too long. Hurry, my brother!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I will try and hold off the decline while we wait for LIONHEART!

ImageDeeJayDance.gif

Crap, time for plan B.

Swamp_Thing_024_01-24-FC.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_02-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_03-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_04-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_05-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_06-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_07-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_08-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_09-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_10-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_11-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_12-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_13-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_14-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_15-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_16-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_17-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_18-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_19-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_20-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_21-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_22-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_23-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_024_24-24.jpg

Phelot

Arcane
Post old comics, the new ones are all bad. Fucking bionic animals? GTFO

Schattenjäger

Scholar
Ok, now the other guy needs to post the rest of the lion comics.

It seems the horse has forsaken the LIONHEART.

Don't do it horsie! We need it! We need more LIONHEART!

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Andyman Messiah said:
Fuck you.

Fuck yeah man. Fuck me. Fuck you. Fuck them all. Fuck this shit. You've been betrayed. By who? By History of course. All the time... this terrible. Then you wake and why. Why do I step out of bed today. And then I do. And then I don't. And then fuck this. But then I remember. I have something to hate today. Or something to love. It's all the same bullshit, but it makes you move right? So fuck you.
:rage:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Serious_Business said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Fuck you.

Fuck yeah man. Fuck me. Fuck you. Fuck them all. Fuck this shit. You've been betrayed. By who? By History of course. All the time... this terrible. Then you wake and why. Why do I step out of bed today. And then I do. And then I don't. And then fuck this. But then I remember. I have something to hate today. Or something to love. It's all the same bullshit, but it makes you move right? So fuck you.
:rage:
Kiss me out of the bearded barly nightly beside the green green grass swing swing (swing swing) swing the spinning step you wear those shoes and i will wear that dress ooooh kiss me

And this thread was ruined when I posted the first update. Notice how it says "welcome to a trainwreck" on the first page? Yeah, it's that kind of thread. I'm just taking a time-out. Lionheart will resume... later!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, in case people don't remember some FF7 LP updates were long coming, but they were always worth the wait.

Hieromancer

Educated
CrimHead said:
Posting in a soon to be dead LP.

Don't know. Andyman pulled this on more than a couple of occasions with FF7, too. He even claimed that that LP was abandoned at least once. He'll come back, they always come back to the Lionheart.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
whosaprrtygrrrlthen

Too bad we have to keep bumping away from these goddamn comics. But a fresh new page brings new opportunities!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Update 05 part two: Update 06

When we last left off we had a war to fight and then we saw a bunch of soldiers soldiering their soldiery asses up to some kind of tower and we thought it would be cool to see what the fuck they were up to so here we go and also there's some scanlines and smoothing and unsmoothing and some other irregularities but I don't care.

update6-01.jpg

The bridge. This is where I grind those darn one hundred billion dollars!!!!! required kills you need for a perfect rank. The G-joes come in ones and threes here which means that it'll take slightly less forever.
yeah yeah yeah it's ONLY 75 kills
Also look at that moon. Whoa, that's some moon. Moon on, moon! Moon on.

Mooning on, we encounter several wounded Dollet soldiers. We can't talk to them, perfect rank and all, but if we move up a little we'll find one who'll talk to us! Isn't that swell? I sure hope he has a good reason! Other than being fatally wounded, that is.

update6-02.jpg

squall.jpg
Don't worry. We're SeeD candidates. We've been dispatched by Garden.

Yeah, one thing that always bugged me is how everyone says “Garden” and not “the Garden”. It's like “Garden” is some fucking living entity or something and not, in fact, the place where they all live and grow up to be pretty... SeeDs? Hey, that's another thing that bugs me! Shouldn't it be FloweRs or some shit? I don't know a lot of things but I do know you plant seeds in a garden and they'll grow up to be flowers and stuff eventually if you take care of them. They're not supposed to stay as seeds! In fact, that's what you want the absolute least! Seeds are like no fucking progress at all! Shit, did anyone think this through?! So goddamn angry... Alright, go on.

seifer.jpg
So what's going on up there?
dollsoldier.jpg
The Galbadian soldiers have entered the Communication Tower. On top of that... that place has always been a nesting ground for monsters. If you guys are goin' up there, be caref...

update6-03.jpg

I had a joke about tentacle rape planned here, but I realized there's just no way you can make a joke about a joke. It's like wiping your ass with shit. Why would you wipe your ass with shit? Please don't answer that. Here's a huge snake.

update6-04.jpg

Hehehehe... huge snake...

So I suppose you can all see how my grand grind adventure has affected our hero quite a bit. Yup. Also: Seifer is really great at taking shits. There's no penalty if he gets his ass kicked. So kick the shit out of him.

So where were we now, oh right the huge snake gets strangled and

squall.jpg
Monsters, huh?
zell.jpg
That sucks.
seifer.jpg
More fun for us. Come on...

update6-05.jpg

I find it extremely distasteful that Square made Zell the voice of reason. I mean, what the hell, Square. What the HELL?! Eh, whatever. I'm tired. From now on we'll encounter monsters as well as G-joes, which is cool, I suppose. I mean, who cares? Monsters? Foreigners? Same, same.

We come to this... I dunno, mini-cliff.

update6-06.jpg

Let's see what's those wacky G's are up to!

gjoe1.jpg
The generator is up and running!
gjoe2.jpg
No problem with the boosters!

seifer.jpg
...the hell they doing?

gjoe3.jpg
Cable disconnection confirmed! Beginning exchange process!
gjoe1.jpg
Roger!

squall.jpg
Repairs...?

update6-07.jpg

seifer.jpg
This must be your first real battle. You scared?

YOU FUCKING SLICED OPEN MY FUCKING FOREHEAD WITH A HUGE FUCKING SWORD AND I SPENT MOST OF FUCKING TODAY FUCKING UNCONSCIOUS IN THE FUCKING INFIRMARY AND THEN I FUCKING HAD TO FUCKING KILL A FUCKING FIRE DEVIL ALMOST FUCKING IMMEDIATELY AFTER AND NOW I'M FUCKING STUCK ON A RETARDED FUCKING MISSION WITH A RETARDED IDIOT AND AN IDIOTIC RETARD!! So, yes, as a matter of fact, I am a little scared.

squall.jpg
I don't know. I try not to think about it.
seifer.jpg
I love battles. I fear nothing. The way I look at it, as long as you make it out of a battle alive, you're one step closer to fulfilling your dream.
squall.jpg
What!? Your dream?
seifer.jpg
You have one too, right?
squall.jpg
Sorry, but I'm gonna pass on that subject.

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on that subject because it's fucking retarded! What is this shit about dreams all of a sudden?

update6-08.jpg

I bet Zell's dream involves sausages. Sausages of every kind filling every hole. Lots of ketchup.

seifer.jpg
Mind your own business.

Yeah! Dream talk is for cool kids only, you wussy chicken you!

zell.jpg
Frickin' hell!
seifer.jpg
What's the matter, Zell? Swatting flies?

update6-09.jpg

Off he goes.

update6-10.jpg

Yeah, Zell enjoys punching the ground when he gets upset. It's not at all unlike what I do when things take a turn for the worse in games.

update6-11.jpg

DRAGON FIRE PUNCH!! Holy shit, there's a hole in my floor now! Things must have taken a turn for the worse! I wonder what...

update6-12.jpg

Oh crap.

update6-13.jpg

update6-14.jpg

It's Selphie! Falling. But not getting hurt. (God damn it.)

update6-15.jpg

You know what they say: a good dose of stupid rarely comes without a shot of annoying. And hey, there's some *hawt* semi-pantyshot, I guess.

update6-16.jpg

Say hello to Selphie, or Zell-Fi as I like to call her.

update6-17.jpg

She's a mixed bag of fucknuggets. Let's leave it at that for the moment.

selphie.jpg
Wait a minute... You're the guy who showed me around, right!? Thanks! I don't get so lost anymore. Oh yeah, I haven't told you my name yet.
squall.jpg
No need. Andyman spoiled it in the first update.
selphie.jpg
What a douchefuck! Well, I'll do it anyway just for the sake of sakeness! I'm a messenger. Name's Selphie, from Squad A. Take me to your leader.
squall.jpg
What?
selphie.jpg
Uh, the squad captain. Seifer, right? Where is he?

SUDDENLY!

update6-18.jpg

squall.jpg
Hmm...

update6-19.jpg

squall.jpg
There he is.
seifer.jpg
One of these days I'm gonna tell ya 'bout my ROMANTIC dream!

update6-20.jpg

Well, can you really say sudden shit about romantic dreams and then NOT run away laughing like a supervillain? Think about it.

selphie.jpg
(sigh) This sure is tough... Captain! Wait up!

update6-21.jpg

Holy shit she just jumped off a fucking cliff!! Bitch is crazy!! Damn!!

update6-22.jpg

Sorry, but no, we're gonna take the road. See, jumping off the cliff here deals a blow to your future FloweR rank. Something to do with dignity, I think.

update6-23.jpg

Runnin'...

update6-24.jpg

zell.jpg
...Much quicker? Pu-lease... ...You wouldn't normally jump off a cliff, okay!? Ain't that right, Squall?
squall.jpg
...Yeah, I guess so. You wouldn't normally jump that.
selphie.jpg
Hmm... I don't know... Well, anyway. Let's get goin'. Has everyone equipped a GF? You haven't forgotten... Have you?

Another huge hint about that one goddamn plot twist. Reading up on GFs on the computer you'll find out that using GFs comes with certain side effects. Too bad nobody can remember what they are. (Haha, I crack myself up!)

Hey, tower.

update6-25.jpg

Sure is. Well, I guess we better bust on in and find Kie I mean Seifer. Knowing him, he's probably cleaning shit up.

update6-26.jpg

update6-27.jpg

Or chasing shit out.

update6-28.jpg

There he is, Selphie. Inform him of your message!

selphie.jpg
HEEEY!

...or just shriek like a fucking banshee.

update6-29.jpg

HEEEY! Don't walk away from me! HEEEY!

update6-30.jpg

Holy cucumber, shut up!

update6-31.jpg

GODDAMMIT.

selphie.jpg
Did he go up?

Only one way to find out! While Squall and his unlovable fucktards ride the elevator let's cut to the introduction of yet ANOTHER comedy relief duo!

update6-32.jpg

It's Lieutenant Wedge and Major Biggs! Another stupid installment of Final Fantasy's recurring Star Wars homage. In FF7, we had the luck of watching them die horrible deaths. In FF8, we're going to stay with them until the bitter end of disc 3. Hell yeah, it's going to be great!

Wedge.jpg
There has been a report of a monster-shaped shadow on top of the tower. Major Biggs? Are you listening?
Biggs.jpg
Be quiet! I'm busy! This goes like this... and... Geez, what's with these crappy old tools? And... and... Why do I have to make all the repairs!? AHHH!!!
Wedge.jpg
Sir, I'll check around while the repairs are being done.
Biggs.jpg
Whatever. Let's see... Hmm.... Put this here.... and.... This goes here... and...

update6-33.jpg

Right on time, motherfucker!

So yes, the communication tower is repaired. Rejoice.

update6-34.jpg

Fans.

update6-35.jpg

Stuff.

update6-36.jpg

Satelites.

update6-37.jpg

Squall, his hair and some glowing stuff.

update6-38.jpg

The biggest satelite.

update6-39.jpg

The glowiest thing on the biggest satelite. Possibly some sort of death pulse ion ray cannon.

update6-40.jpg

In short, the gay paradest tower in history is back online! Yay. Now let's get back to business.

update6-41.jpg

zell.jpg
I think I saw a screwdriver fall down.
squall.jpg
Shut up.
selphie.jpg
Screwdriver! :)

update6-42.jpg

Biggs.jpg
H-Hey! What happened to all the soldiers down below!?
squall.jpg
They probably don't know how to call the elevator.
Biggs.jpg
WEDGE! Take care of these twerps!!!

update6-43.jpg

It's so sad.

update6-44.jpg

Poor, lonely Sergeant Biggs...

Biggs.jpg
Well... ah... I seem to be done here, so I'll just be on my... I'm leaving!... Move it! Move! Move!

BUT SUDDENLY AS POOR, LONELY SERGEANT BIGGS REACHES THE ELEVATOR!

update6-45.jpg

Holy shit, that Seifer came outta nowhere!

update6-46.jpg

update6-47.jpg

Man, Seifer is so cool. I bet he's going to be a really cool villain!

So. Fight with Biggs, with Wedge showing up after a while. Wedge gets a severe pay deduction for being absent and nobody really finds that funny. Eventually Biggs and Wedge gets blown off the tower by an easily defeated wasp/bat/duck hybrid with a Siren inside and Squall takes a huge bite out of his own arm, no really.

update6-48.jpg

He eats his own arm. That's badass.

Anyway, how about that message, huh?

update6-49.jpg

I bet it's important.

selphie.jpg
S'cuze me! I have new orders!

New orders, huh?

selphie.jpg
All FloweR members and FloweR candidates are to withdraw at 1900 hours. Assemble at shore.
seifer.jpg
Withdraw!? There are still enemies around!
selphie.jpg
I know, but I'm just a messenger.

I don't care. Shoot her.

squall.jpg
An order to withdraw takes priority. I don't want to miss the vessel.
seifer.jpg
What time'd you say?
selphie.jpg
Like I said...! All CarroT members and CarroT candidates are to withdraw at 1900 hours. Assemble at the shore!
seifer.jpg
1900 hours... We only have 30 minutes!

Oh snap.

update6-50.jpg

Double snap.

update6-51.jpg

And off he goes. Man, Seifer's such a fucking dick.

selphie.jpg
Heeey! Wait for us!
zell.jpg
Who the hell does he think he is!?
squall.jpg
Why don't you ask him?

HEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, 30 minutes to get out of here and run all the way back to the vessels. Can it be done? Find out in the next exciting update of Let's wait patiently for Andyman to update his shitty jrpg thread! No, I'm just kidding, we're gonna wrap this up right now real quick.

Those of you with special eagle vision should have noticed Biggs behind Seifer. You should also have noticed Biggs' remote control thing next to Squall. Yeah, let's watch as Biggs put it to some fucking good use, eh?

update6-52.jpg

Biggs.jpg
And prepare the Yakety Sax!

update6-53.jpg

squall.jpg
....shit.

update6-54.jpg

Time limit + annoying mini-boss = seriously easy.
Time limit + annoying mini-boss + getting the best grade = also easy.

Alright, to get the perfect grade we need to get to that fucking beach in 5 minutes or less, and we need to save a dog. This is perfectly doable. It is also perfectly doable to defeat the spidertank, and it adds one level to your rank if you do so, but seeing as how the mission ends I've always considered it as an out of place thing to do. Not to mention stupid. I mean, these are games where you should avoid enemies as much as possible, not running into them! What kind of bullshit is that? So we're gonna run and do this shit properly. Here we go.

update6-55.jpg

So we fight the spidertank, it breaks down and we escape. This is the only time you're actually allowed to fight this walking buttscratcher. The rest of the time, you're gonna have to AVOID it. It's easier done than written, actually, and if you have trouble I will find you and castrate a dog in front of you, and then I'll tell the dog you're the one who gave the order and every dog on the planet will rise against you. So don't have trouble avoiding spidertanks, you sick son of a bitch.

So we run down, left, walk down, run right, left, right, down, oh hey dog.

update6-60.jpg

We talk to the dog. This prompts him to run the fuck away from the spidertank. Good dog. You lose ten points if you don't save him. So save him. Like on that show Smallville.

dog.jpg
OHSAAAAAEEEVMEEE!!

*gunshot*

More running. You'll notice that Selphie and Zell start running on their own at this point, and that they appear ten meters in front of Squall. You will also notice the spidertank fucking up a car.

update6-63.jpg

Yup. That car sure got fucked up by the spidertank.

update6-67.jpg

Hey, wait for your goddamn leader, fuckcunts!

update6-69.jpg

squall.jpg
...fuck.

Cutscene!

update6-70.jpg

Squall landing after the spidertank knocks him.

update6-71.jpg

The spidertank watching as Squall gets up.

update6-72.jpg

Squall running from spidertank.

update6-73.jpg

Your new wallpaper if you find it in better resolution.

update6-74.jpg

Squall running from spidertank (again).

update6-75.jpg

Squall making a... jump? Flying? He tries to get to the vessel. Good lord, look at that teeth.

update6-76.jpg

Quistis shooting Squall down.

update6-77.jpg

Well, ok, no, but it would not have shocked me if she had.

update6-78.jpg

Damn.

update6-79.jpg

All of a sudden it's muthafuckin warrior woman Quistis. You know, this scene would've been cool, but knowing that we're never going to see her this badass again it's just so sad. In just a few minutes (in the game, that is) you're going to hate Quistis more than anything. And no, I don't think that's a spoiler. Nobody expects anything badass from these characters. Nobody. I've done a poll.

update6-80.jpg

Yeah, just firing bullets. So fucking boring.

update6-81.jpg

Finally. SPIDERTANK DEFEATED! Now fuck off back home to Balamb. I've seriously run out of steam.

update6-82.jpg

Squall with closed eyes. Or orgasming. I've come to understand that it's pretty much the same thing.

update6-83.jpg

Mission complete!

NEXT TIME: We play cards with Zell's mom! Squall, Zell and Selphie graduate! Seifer doesn't! Squall holds up a wall at a groovy party! Hypnotism makes white boys dance! Also Quistis turns out to be one of the most emoest characters that ever emoed! And Squall doesn't give a shit about anything! It's going to be awesome! See you in a month!

spekkio

Arcane
Thank you, o mighty Wyrmlord, for this here update.

Your increasing graphicwhorism was noted...

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Hey Wyrmlord, thanks for picking up Horsie's LP! Good update and you imitated his style really, really well!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom