Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This FF8 LP is totally dead.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
prideofbaghdad001.jpg

prideofbaghdad005.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Note to self: Something to buy when I finally get my hands on Planetary book 4, since Ellis' StormWatch is next to impossible to obtain...

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The "that's where the monkey come in" panel is luzzy.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, ok, the comic spam was funny for a bit, it's really tiring now, and kind of a pain in the ass in a LP thread since we have to bump away from them all the time. Any chance it'll stop?

Or at least not be crappy overly dramatic furry comics. Lion rape? FFS. The pacing of the conversations and events is ridiculous too. Bray bray bray.

Please make a "Let's Read crappy comics" thread instead, guys.

prideofbaghdad062.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAAH is this meant to be funny?

Ahaahahahaha.

Oh Frith.

I haven't seen overly dramatic tripe like that since Dragon Age.

Vaarna_Aarne

A very good comic. I definately have to give my money for this one. Y The Last Man never quite grabbed my interest, but this one did. Even if the animals are more like humans (one of the interesting things in We3 is that the animals are really animals). But it doesn't matter. Things like the lions' reaction to tanks were excellent stuff.

The only thing that irked me slightly was the animals constantly swearing.

Brother None said:
Found Kodex Kool Kredits

Vaarna_Aarne

I also would love to see BN try to say WHY the stuff sucks like he says, rather than just pull a Skyway on us.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Is there any reason why people can't just post these outside of LP threads? The joke was kind of funny to begin with, now it's kind of drowning out the LP (this thread has a weird post-to-LP ratio anyway, but eh)

Vaarna_Aarne said:
I also would love to see BN try to say WHY the stuff sucks like he says.

I thought I did? But I'll explain if you wish...

The pacing is really, really odd. Look at the way the dialogue flows after they are wow'ed by the sword-arches;
"I'm bitchy"
"STFU and be happy!"
"wtf you are wrong"
"Shut up both of you!"
"Oh my God that's hot I totally want to have sex with you right now."
"Durrrr I don't get it."

It doesn't read like human dialogue, but it doesn't read like animalistic dialogue. It reads like a badly structured piece jumping from thought to thought and emotion to emotion without pausing in between. The post-coital conversation is similarly badly structured.

But the really lulzy stuff is it's laughably over-dramatized pieces. The lion-rape is already hilarious; rape is probably the cheapest, most overused and obvious emotional trigger that exists, and while I fervently hate the crime I'm getting kind of blunted to its use in media, especially when it's used badly, as it is here, where animals are simply following their instincts only we're supposed to accept that they're responding like humans, and all of a sudden GANG RAPE, which makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

The monkey-ritual is similarly stupid. It makes no sense from either animal or human behavioral patterns, what the hell are they trying to achieve? The monkeys are essentially being retards that don't seem to be acting with any logic. Why would they go up and fight the lions if they need a friggin' lion cub for "muscle"? What's with the "MONKEY WITH A KNIFE!" thing? It doesn't make any sense narratively, and doesn't serve any purpose except to write back in the rape-victim whose motives for wanting to stay never made any fucking sense anyway, making not one but both scenes entirely pointless.

But the worst is the turtle (that's one big river turtle btw, I didn't know they could grow that big, but that might just be me). The story he supplies is pretty cool, even if it makes no sense at all that he knows the motives behind the human wars. How does he know about the statue and its legend? And why does he talk like "the old veteran" in a cop film? But then there's the "OIL SPILL!" epic dramatic moment. That's...that's just hilarious. How can you look at his friggin' sad turtle face and not laugh out loud. It's such overly forced trite drama, it reminds me of Leliana singing in Dragon Age, it's so obvious I just can't stop laughing.

Feel free to disagree, it's a personal experience after all, but if you don't see what I'm talking about at all...uh...I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. This is the worst forced drama I've seen since Skate Man's four backstories. I don't know why this comic should get a free pass on being so overly silly.

Schattenjäger

Scholar
The horse is taking too long with the updates. We need some filler.

Plus, this comic technically qualifies as LIONHEART.

Main characters are lions, you know.

It is relevant, unlike swamp thing.

And you are such a hater BN, how could you not emote in tears with the turtle's story?

You are a cold and bitter man, unable to understand the EMOTION OF THE LIONHEART.

Leave this thread and don't come back.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You're doing it wrong, Schattenjäger. It's not emotional unless the lion is being raped.

Are we on a new page away from the comic-spam yet?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'll be perfectly honest here:

Swamp Thing is okay. Pride of Bagdad is okay. Excellent comics. No problems there. One guy posting comics? If it's an occasional kind of thing, in between updates, it's okay. No problem. But two guys posting comics seems like some serious overkill. It'll be a pain if we have to bump this shit thread three pages every time I'm gonna do another stupid ten picture update.

Sorry, Garfunkel, but please take it outside.

Now let's bump this shit on to the next update.

edit: or let's not. :)

Schattenjäger

Scholar
Ditch the swamp thing, continue with the lion comic.

Like I said, it has LIONHEART, so it is relevant.

Who cares about intelligent plants?

This thread is about lions and their emotions.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Schattenjäger said:
Ditch the swamp thing, continue with the lion comic.

Like I said, it has LIONHEART, so it is relevant.

Who cares about intelligent plants?

This thread is about lions and their emotions.
This thread is about me playing a great game for your amusement. Emotions come second.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom