Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This FF8 LP is totally dead.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Update 03: The third update

Hey, you crazy crackers, here the third update of the infamous let's play “Let's Play Final Fantasy VIII” by your pal Andyman Messiah, the only sexual predator you can trust. In this update we're going to do a bunch of shit we should have done in the first update but didn't get around to for various made up reasons. Let's do it!

update3-01.jpg

Haha, no, you don't!

What Quistis is trying to do here is give us a 'brief' explanation about how Guardian Forces work in this game. Okay, first of all there's nothing brief about that shit, and secondly we're going to cancel that tutorial. Yes, you can skip the tutorials and you should do this all the time! If you need a tutorial that is literally on how to click the same button four times in a row I'm going to fucking find you and push you off a fucking cliff four fucking times. That's not a threat, it's a promise. There is most definitely a difference. Look it up, assbrain.

Instead, I'm going to explain this junction fuckness for you.

There is nothing complicated about the junction system.

Alright, tutorial done.

quistis.jpg
Everything ok up till now? You can always check back by accessing the Tutorial from the Menu.

1: no. 2: fuck you.

update3-02.jpg

Oh yeah? Well, we'll see who's quicker, you cunt. My cancel button against your cockless mouth.

quistis.jpg
Ready to go? The Fire Cavern used for the test is located east of here.

Thank god for the color blue cyan.

update3-03.jpg

World map! We're free, free to do anything we want! We can... go to exactly three different places. Let's go to the one place that fucking sucks, the Fire Cavern!

On our way we're assaulted by an overgrown mosquito.

update3-04.jpg

Quistis will give you a tutorial on how to use your gunblade. R1 is the trigger, “pull” it when you're hitting the enemy.

I guess I better explain how this shit is supposed to work. Fuck. Alright, first of all a gunblade is not actually a gun in any way you may think a gun is supposed to be. You can't fire bullets with a gunblade. Instead, the gun-aspect of the blade is a mechanism that, when triggered, fires a blank, causing the blade to vibrate and thus, if applied to the enemy at the right moment, causes a little extra damage. That's how I've come to understand things, but I drink alcohol so I'm hardly someone you can trust around firearms or blades or any combination of the two.

update3-05.jpg

I don't defend gunblades, but I also don't see what's so bad about them. It's Final Fantasy, god lord jesus who draw fanart in heaven.

If you can't tell, I'm starting to get that reluctant feel again, like I had with FF7. What does this mean for the future of children everywhere? I have no idea. All I know is that we have a fire pokemon to catch.

Out of my way, janitors. There's an oblivion gate inside this cave and I have to close it!

update3-06.jpg

We're also asked to choose a time limit. 10, 20, 30 or 40 minutes. If you don't pick ten minutes a horrible demon will appear and tear your cock off.

So here's the fire cavern. It's firey.

update3-07.jpg

quistis.jpg
My job is to support you in battle. Everything else is up to you.
squall.jpg
Fine.

update3-08.jpg

quistis.jpg
You know, the boys often choke on this test when I come with them. I guess my charm makes them nervous.
squall.jpg
(Whatever...)
quistis.jpg
I'm just kidding.

update3-09.jpg

quistis.jpg
I guess I was right. You and Seifer are in a class of your own. You both have amazing strength and potential.

Gee, thanks a lot. Now how about we go and kick some demon ass, huh?

update3-10.jpg

Meet Ifrit.

update3-11.jpg

He's a pussy.

The challengiest challenge here is actually watching out for the time limit. See, when you run from battles you save a lot of time, but saving time right here in the fire cavern is actually not very important. Sure, 0:00 equals game over, but if you want the best rank you actually have to defeat Ifrit and let the time run out. The more time you have left when you walk away from the battle will peel off your score according to ye olde rule of “time well spent”, etc. The trick to that is beating him and leaving the game on for a few minutes while you're on the experience screen.

update3-12.jpg

Who would have thought a fire demon would be weak against ice? Summoning Shiva is actually not the best way to go, as summon animations just takes too goddamn long, so throw some blizzard at him. He'll go down quicker than a desperate intern.

And no, you don't get experience points for bosses is in this FF.

update3-13.jpg

In fact, FF8 makes it a point to remind you about this every single time you defeat a boss, escape a battle or otherwise fails to collect those precious points. It's almost like if they're yelling at you.

Quistis reminds you that since the cave is full of fire monsters, casting ice on them might just be a good idea. I'll have to give it some serious thinking once I get back home.

And back home I got.

update3-14.jpg

quistis.jpg
Now change into your uniform and assemble at the 1F Lobby.

In the next, slightly longer update we're going to put on our school uniform and have some cake total fucking war, dammit!!

I wonder if poor Ifrit knows he's being used as a test for newbies. Imagine you're this big kickass magical demon, you have your own cave full of monsters and all, and then someone tells you they're gonna sic the kids on you. Self esteem = ruined

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I guess this means it's that time again... Time to go hunt for some higher quality scans...

EDIT: Oh yea, MOAR, you majestic horse!

DriacKin

Arbiter
Fat Dragon said:
Is he playing golf, wtf is he doing with that sword? What kind of buttfuck fighting stance is that? :?
Clearly, you need to do more research on gunblade fighting stances. :smug:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Fat Dragon said:
Is he playing golf, wtf is he doing with that sword? What kind of buttfuck fighting stance is that? :?
The shot is taken right as we enter battle, thus they're pulling out their weapons, and yeah I suppose it looks like he's playing golf. It's not a bad idea, honestly.

Btw, Squall basically keeps his gunblade in his pocket, and takes it out and it appears. You'll see it happen a few times out of battle as well, where he literally reaches for something in his pocket or something invisible attached to his pants, and the gunblade just appears. I always thought it was because when it's in his pocket it's small and then he takes it out and it gets bigger.

So who's got a joke about jerking off, or did I cover that already?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Andyman Messiah said:
So who's got a joke about jerking off, or did I cover that already?
I'll oblige (still working on those high quality scans, slow torrent).

Well, I do have something in my front pocket that's usually gets much bigger when I take it out.

Now we can talk about mature and gritty things again, like the wisdom of Goa Tse.

Hieromancer

Educated
Wow, so you were actually serious about LPing FFVIII...

Andyman, I just wanted to let you know that I love you. There. With that faggotry out of the way, I'm looking forward to delightful hijinks in FFVIII land.

And more Swamp Thing.

Schattenjäger

Scholar
There is a lesson to be learned from this game.

Squall is a broken hearted young man that hides his feelings.

But he eventually falls in love and becomes aware of the fact that you have to let it go. Fight your demons. Free your emotions.

I've truly learned a lot playing Final Fantasy VIII. The experience has made me a better man. I'm not afraid to express my feelings anymore.

Just like the Leonhart.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Funny. It had the opposite effect on me.

It turned me into a monomaniac stone-cold bastard that only cared about his next humiliating triple triad victory.

And then all of a sudden you'll run into Cactuar or Tonberry, and the pain will start.

Because that's what they do. Annoy you or kill you.

Schattenjäger

Scholar
There is so much emotion in this game.

Sometimes, I cry. I just cry for the emotion. Do you know what I mean?

At cold nights I remember how Squall accepted his emotions, and I can almost feel the lionheart pounding in my chest.

The heart of the lion, man.

Free your emotions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom