Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So fallout las vegas...

relootz

Scholar
is being made by Obsidian Entertainment.

Will we see another bugfest? :x

Never forget, never forgive KOTOR 2!! :evil:

relootz

Scholar
circ said:
NWN 2 was a far more horrible experience for me than KoTOR 2 was. Including bugs.

:rage: That engine is so horribly optimized, the system requirements are astronomical for such an old game. Atleast NW2 had an ending, compared to Kotor 2

So now they have 2 games to be released in the second half of 2010. Alpha protocol and New Vegas. They are setting up for deferred succes.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
NWN2 was better than any fucking star wars shit.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Yea, now I might consider giving MotB a try since I've upgraded. I only hope I can tolerate the shitty camera for longer than 20 minutes before raging furiously.

DriacKin

Arbiter
For what it's worth, NWN2 is fairly bug free, after about 3 years worth of patches. Camera and combat is still shit, but at least bugs are pretty rare.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hated NWN2 when it first came out, but after several patches I actually came to enjoy it. The OC is decent, MOTB is good, and I haven't played SoZ yet.

KOTOR2 was enjoyable, but then I'm a pretty big star wars geek so I'm probably a bit bias.

relootz

Scholar
Xor said:
KOTOR2 was enjoyable, but then I'm a pretty big star wars geek so I'm probably a bit bias.

Dude not again. That game is not good because it is a bugridden piece of shit. It doesnt even have an ending! It had awesome potential but Obsidian Entertainment rushed it and it was horrible. :evil:

MetalCraze

Arcane
relootz said:
is being made by Obsidian Entertainment.

Will we see another bugfest? :x

I think it will be this way:

Failout 3 - Beth-grade lulz + Fallout 2-grade lulz (you can hit enemy in the groin with the golf stick and it will blind him lolololo) + bugs = Failout 3.5

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
relootz said:
Xor said:

Dude not again. That game is not good because it is a bugridden piece of shit. It doesnt even have an ending! It had awesome potential but Obsidian Entertainment rushed it and it was horrible. :evil:

I respect your opinion.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
circ said:
NWN 2 was a far more horrible experience for me than KoTOR 2 was. Including bugs.

Pretty much. For all the faults of KotORII, it had ambition an interesting writing. NWN2 was just one huge trial in crossing off the big "fantasy cliche"-list.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
relootz said:
Xor said:
There's an ending even though the last "chapter" has some removed content, the ending suffers from "second in a trilogy" syndrome and it would be better to move the part where Kreia talks about the consequences of your choices into a slide show featured after the fight against her and cinematic of Malachor's destruction.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
MetalCraze said:
Troika's games had redeeming qualities
Indeed.

gsvvsmallerrb1.png

relootz

Scholar
Jim Cojones said:
relootz said:
Xor said:
There's an ending even though the last "chapter" has some removed content, the ending suffers from "second in a trilogy" syndrome and it would be better to move the part where Kreia talks about the consequences of your choices into a slide show featured after the fight against her and cinematic of Malachor's destruction.

Meh still no justification for the zounds of crashbugs - who corrupted your savegame- or the bug where your party member wouldnt follow you anymore.

The game had a complete buildup aimed at the ending, since the ending was nonexiting it ruined the game completely for me. Even if it were a slideshow then the ending should have been entire different too or it would still have sucked ass.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
MetalCraze said:

Almost every game has *some* redeeming qualities, be it innovative character system, or neat inventory, or beatiful art. But I fail to see how all of those make up for game being *unplayable* at release. Or unfinishable (ie Bloodlines).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Malakal said:
MetalCraze said:

Almost every game has *some* redeeming qualities, be it innovative character system, or neat inventory, or beatiful art. But I fail to see how all of those make up for game being *unplayable* at release. Or unfinishable (ie Bloodlines).

By having extremely good redeeming qualities?

Ch1ef

Scholar
^^Oh my god you suck so haaard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom