Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your favourite standalone RPG

Your favourite standalone role-playing RPG game (pick three)

• Total voters

Lemming42

Arcane
I vote for Stonekeep, I don't care if it's not on the poll.
Check again. Your Christmas wish has been granted.

(I can't tell if people are joking in most of these posts so if anyone wants something sincerely added, tag me and say LEMMING42 I WOULD SINCERELY LIKE (GAME) ADDED or something)

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
LEMMING42 I WOULD SINCERELY LIKE GORASUL ADDED 3 TIMES SO THAT I CAN VOTE ON IT 3 TIMES
Also do start removing entries as discussed, thank you

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I vote for Stonekeep, I don't care if it's not on the poll.
Check again. Your Christmas wish has been granted.

(I can't tell if people are joking in most of these posts so if anyone wants something sincerely added, tag me and say LEMMING42 I WOULD SINCERELY LIKE (GAME) ADDED or something)
Lemming42 For the love of God, add VtMB. It has no actual sequels and this whatever abortion dumpster fire of a current "sequel" project has nothing to do with Troika and has yet to be proven to not be canceled.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
@Lemming42 For the love of God, add VtMB. It has no actual sequels and this whatever abortion dumpster fire of a current "sequel" project has nothing to do with Troika and has yet to be proven to not be canceled.
then why not add BG3? It has nothing to do with BioWare either by that logic.

Lemming42

Arcane
bu30GwT.png

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
@Lemming42 For the love of God, add VtMB. It has no actual sequels and this whatever abortion dumpster fire of a current "sequel" project has nothing to do with Troika and has yet to be proven to not be canceled.
then why not add BG3? It has nothing to do with BioWare either by that logic.
Sure, but I wouldn't vote for it. Are you? Go play Starfield.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
finding reasons to exclude everyone favorites is more enjoyable than i expected. Lemming42 do the thing finally! Its not enough to exclude fallout3

Lemming42

Arcane
finding reasons to exclude everyone favorites is more enjoyable than i expected. @Lemming42 do the thing finally! Its not enough to exclude fallout3
I was going to try removing some but every entry so far has at least one vote, which I think vindicates the existence of this superb thread, so we'll leave them all up for now. We can simply discard huge swathes of people's votes when we tally up the finalists.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Who would have thought. TQ has more votes than games higher on the list. I didn't vote for it. I was right, as I always am :smug:.
Seriously though, people vote on titles not prestigious on Codex that have bigger fanbase than games from 80s and (early) 90s. However many people are too shy (or lazy, duh) to write a post so several titles might never make it. Then the very old games are known by so few people that it is random what game will make to the list or if it will be one that could get the biggest least small amount of votes.

OTOH because people like to push buttons (myself included), and going on rants (me again), even otherwise completely useless polls are good for fun. And apparently that was the author's goal, which I keep missing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom