Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your dream RPG

Wise Emperor

Arcane
RPG in some thirdworldia. Somalia, Haiti, Moldavia, Central Asia. It would be hack&slash but still breath of fresh air.

Babylonian low magic theme?
Mezzo American theme?
Syndicate theme cyber punk RPG?

Seriously I don't have dream RPG. My dream RPG wouldn't be good because there will hardly be any element of surprise. Same thing why writers don't read own books.

laclongquan

Arcane
That's really doubtful.

At old age, once Dumas junior caught his father reading a book very enjoyably. That's The Three Musketeers, written by Dumas years ago.

It's depended on the writer and his books.

Andhaira

Arcane
Crispy said:
High fantasy-based, definitely.

Size. Like an entire continent mapped out, with no fast travel options whatsoever. You want to travel? Plan on being a nomad, camping out and even settling in various places as you do so. Need to get back to town in a hurry? Buy a horse. There are details everywhere.

Realism. Yup, you gotta eat, sleep and shit. Well, skip the bodily functions but make carrying capacity based on something resembling reality, model in actually strapping weapons onto your side or slinging a bow over your torso, etc., and make sure to factor in weight, fatigue, etc. Combat is visceral, exhilarating, and exciting.

Beauty. Take twenty years to develop this but be able to slipstream in the latest graphics engine to give us whores what we truly desire. Accurate rag doll physics, amazing terrain, weather, thousands of woodland sounds. Probably can skip the music. (!!!)

Fun. Balance it all so that I abandon my career, forsake my family and my life, and lock myself in a shack in the middle of nowhere with the latest cutting-edge ultra system that I blew my life savings on. I want to die at my keyboard playing this game because of its crushing addiction.

This, save the game would be 3rd person isometric, turnbased combat, a very deep and involving magic system that includes collecting regents (part of the fun of exploration would be to find the more exotic ingrediants for the more powerful spells). Can be either single player or party based.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom