Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You may now notice some funny characters about the place...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
<p>I've just fixed up something which I should've done a long, long time ago. I've changed the default encoding on the Codex to UTF-8. Hopefully it'll mean no more problems in future (we had about 4 different charsets set across various different pages which was just Bad Practice&trade;).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As a result of the change to UTF-8, it will however mean some funny characters pop-up in old threads, content, news and such (things entered under a different charset not being displayed properly in the "new" charset basically). Point them out if you like and maybe we'll fix them eventually (a simple edit of the thread, correcting of the funny character and resubmission will do it).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If none of this means anything to you, be thankful you don't have to know about the wonderful world of charsets and enjoy your life.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And typically it breaks the RSS feed... But I'll fix that. Eventually. Soon.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>UPDATE: Okay, so hopefully the RSS will play nicely now. We'll see how long that lasts...</p>

Zeus

Cipher
Huzzah for standards!

Now you just have to change the date used in updates to the international format ISO 8601. :D

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Zeus said:
Huzzah for standards!
Yeah except fucking RSS doesn't specify a standard for the 'description' field and can't handle what should be legitimate escaped characters - because like, there's an ampersand there! Fucking standards.

I had the same problem with the gallery and CSS trying to avoid tables... Until I found the standard didn't actually have the feature I was looking for, so I had to use a table.

Angthoron

Arcane
Codex Public Library
The forum for Music, Books�, Films and Television. So we can save it from getting lost in the deluge that is General Discussion. �Comics too.

On the forums here.

Чо, неужто теперь когда редактируешь не будет оголтелых HTML-кодов?
Ух, и правда нет!
Well, that's certainly an improvement. Thanks!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I ''¨¨'¨'¨' s¨'¨'me ¨¨''''¨'''¨¨' dong''¨'¨'¨¨'¨' mouth'¨''¨¨'¨'bit¨'¨''h''¨¨'¨'¨''¨'¨¨'¨''¨¨'¨'ass¨¨'

FatCat

Educated
T̡̛̻̤̖̥͔̣͎̩̣̱̰͓̼̲̲͒̾ͯ͒̍̐̾͂͌̉̅̅ͮ̇͗̔̏͑̚͠o̵̝̳̖̠͚̮̙̳̜̫̦̗̗͆̇̅̄ͯ́͊ͪͪͅ ̸̢̨̼̠̼̲̗̩̱͈͂ͫͭͭ̆̓̄̐ͩ̋ͩͦ̃̂ͧ͛̀̎́̚i̟̜̙̲̟̬͙̞̫̖̦̝̲͕̯̪̖̭͕̐͒̒ͦͤͤ͒͂͂̂͋ͩ̊͜͞nͦ͒̿ͪͦ͛ͭ͑͊ͫ͑̔̋͌́̚͞҉̶̛̝̞̤͕͖̹̻̞͈̠̪̪̹̩v̢̫̫̗͖̣̭̭̪̰͔̤ͥ̔̆ͫ̒̌̄ͣͫ̽ͪͤ͑ͫͮ̑̚̚͢ͅo̴̧͇͕͉̲̮͍͎͓̮͇̼̘̭̪̰̺̲̅̎͛ͮͯ͐̔̊̃̃͋̉ͅķ̸̲̭̝̦̱̻̞̜̗̣̤̼̥̼̠̼͖̿̾ͬͫ͐̏̀̚ͅḙ̮̘̝͔̘̠̣̩̮͚̝̖̉̆̂ͧ̉̍͂ͬ̃̊̕͜͞ ̀̄ͫ̂ͦ͂͐̾̉ͨ͛̚҉̼̮͖̙͈̰̼̰̹̮̱̞̀̀t̠̙̖̜̫̭͖͖̱ͬ̏͑̓̐͗̓͐ͧͯ̕͟͞͝h̵́͗ͫͦ̒ͧ̑̐̾ͥ̎͑ͥ̚͟͟҉͖͚̦͓̹̜̯̥̺̙̪̥̲̙͍͖̝͖̕e̜̗͈̪̞̦͇͕̞̪͍͋̉́̆̄̓̓̓̌́̽̾ͧ̊́̊̋̉́̀ͅ ̵̌ͨͤ̆̚҉̨̼̜͖̰͈̹̞̠̻̙̙̥͈̰̥̬̥̣h̷̗̞̹͍̦̯̠͕̪͍̜̣̟̊ͫͭͫ̑ͦ͐ͅͅi̸̛͖͔͕̘̖̭̤̼͔͍̭̰̹͕̿̊̈ͫ̐ͧͦͤ̀͝v̢ͥ̈ͤ͛͒͛̔̕͜͜҉̞̦̩̞̬̭ę̶̢̲͓̬̗͓̜̪̟̬̻̣̰̲̲̻̯̞̖̍͗̊̅͌ͦ̆̋̍̓́ͅ-̢̝͓͙͙͉̩͈̞̬̲̃͗ͪͥ̊ͪ̍̐̎ͥ͘m̲͕̤͉̪̲̳̣͖͇̩̯̪̪͚͓ͣ͊̓̍͊́͊ͯ͡į̷̞̲̲̫ͪͥ̔ͨ͋̅́͞ṇ̴̛̮͙̟̲̗̤̣̏ͥ͌̾̌ͧ͑̄͋́̕͠d̛̖̙̤̦͓͔̠̪͈̙̫͎͇̹͂̆̂̃̇̀ͅ ̞͖̘̬͈̠͕̥̥̲̗͍͔̗̻̮̥̼̽͑̌̔͆͑ͩͨͬ̃̈́ͪ͑̈ͣͣ̀̕͞r̸͇͇̮͉̬̋̔ͫ̓́͠e̵͚͍̟̜̭̯̺̣̻̞͔̰͙ͤͣ̌ͨͫͧ̏͌͋̽͝͠p̑̂̇̈́̄ͭͦ̇̀͏̶̼̺̰̖͇̳͢r̻͓̦͖̙͖̯͈̝̤̳͔͉̬̰̱͚͖͒͐ͯ̇ͬ̎̌̒̓̈͋̓ͫ̂̍͊̏̈͑͟͡͠ͅḙ͙̺̱̩͓̼̪̙̲̯͕̉͂̈́̎͂͆̾̓̀͋͜͜ͅs̴̛̟̬͇̖͇̜͙̥͖ͭ́̈́̅̍̿͐̍͞͞ͅe̶̢̛͔̥̜̪͔͙̬͎͎̯͒̾ͪ̆͊ͣ̐͛̔̄̚͢ṇ̸̛̞͕̟̮̩̫͚̙̫͇̗̥̯͎̬̹̐ͣ̿̎ͮ̅ͮͦͣ̌ͬ̽ͥt̶ͯ̉ͭ̃ͧ̾̿ͥͫ̅̋̾͗ͣ͏͉̪̼̪̩̯͚̟͉͔̫͖̮̲ͅĩ̸̢̧̨̲̮̘̹̘̟̱̝̗͇̠̲͔̣͈̞͈̓͊͑̔̂̋̌͑͌̎̃̅̓̌̊̇͘n̒̄̃͒̾ͬ͗̈̓̎̃̈̔͏̭̥̺̖͇͈̪̜͔̖͢g͙̭͙͇͉̳͔̖͎͇ͨ̿ͮ͑ͭ̅͐̽̽́ ̷̶̠̳̹͙̙͉͐̽̅̍͋̌ͧ̆̉ͦ͘c̶̬̮͕̞̥̬̦ͫ̋͋̿̈̋̐͆̈́̊̊̇̆̈̚ḫ̢̤̜̱͕̼͖̜̙̳̹̫̻͙͚͍̄͋ͭ͌́̉ͤ̿͒̿ͥ̔̅͛̓͆͢͠ā̹̩̪̠̻̙̭̪̟͔̜̙͐̂̓̌͊͆̔̎̀̚͞o̶̓ͦ̈́̿͆͆̑̋̓̀͑ͪͮ͒͋̓̌ͣ̀́͡͏͈͔̭̝̗͟śͥ̆ͭ̚҉͕̭͓̱͙̹̱̰͢͠ͅ.̱̟̩͚̬̺̖̺͉͇̰͇̯̙̃̆̃͗̾̿ͮ̌ͧ͑ͩͪ͆ͭ̆̄ͭ̀͡͠ͅ
̡̫͓̖̺̟̬̖͕̗̘̐ͯ͆̀̿̊ͯͭ̅͢I̧̩̞͈͓̻͙͚̝̥͈̼ͧ̍̇ͮ̓ͪͣͣ͑̃̚̕͝͝͞ͅn̷̽ͤ͊̄ͦ̽ͭ͗̈̍̍ͯ̋͢͠͏̲̟̼͇̜͎̖̞̼v̨ͫͦͪ͒̉҉̧̧̲̮̬̤̥́ô͗͋͆ͥ̔͛̒̍̀̀͝͏̦͈͍͔͔̗̲̗̘͟k̷̰̖̺̦̖͇̝̤͂ͨͨ̎̃́ͦ͊̏̃̅ͧ͘i̴̝̫̥̯̳̼͚͚̯̾͑̽͐̕n̷̸̡̦̯̘̝͙̻͎̞̺̬̳̱͙̗ͧͮ̇̄̅͐̀͜g̷͎̹̺͙̻̦͖̥̳͔̜̠̉̂͗͌ͫ͑ͪ̌ͦ͋̊̌ ̵̴̸͓͉̙͎̯̥͔̰̗̠̤͎̱̥̩̤̰͕̪ͤ̾̔ͩ͆̎͋̀t̶̨͙̟͚̹̳̱͋͋̃͛̒̃̄̈́̓̿͂͘h̷̛̙͖̮̻̝͍̝̜̜͓̻̖͂ͤͭ̽́̕ͅȩ̴̉̄͆͆̿̐ͧ̐̂ͬͥͪͩͥͬ̅̈́̚̕҉̴̺̗͇͔̯̞̣̮̜̭̱̦̯͈ ̸̭̮͍͎̺̥̩̣͔͚̺͕ͫ͆ͧ̈ͪ́͆̉̊̃̓ͬ̓ͫͬ̚͘͠ͅͅf͂̍̂ͤ̓͟҉҉̸̛͎̘̻̱͚͇e̶̛̩͖̬̮̗̻̻̦̳̬̩̙̻̣̮̓ͩ͆ͭ͋ͩ̃̎̊̃̈ͣ͟ē̸̺͔͙̟͈̤͓͚͉̞̒̄̑ͤ̽ͨ̒̿ͨͧͥ̐̀ͨ͗ͩ̂̃̀͡l̨̙̹͍̱̞̺̝̹̣̠̮͔̅̔̐̇̽͌ͬ̓̍̾ͭi̧͕̯̭͙̲̜͙͖͈̼̭͎̮͉̞͚̞̲ͥ̅̍̀͂̉̀͟n̡͒̑̌ͯ̅̓̌̐̈́̇̂̆̆̌̀̚҉̸̵͕̬͉̯̯̫͇͖̩̟̖̺͔̲͕̘g̵̖͖̖̣͕͔͔͎ͭ͂͐ͣͯͬ̓̏̓͌̂ͮ̽ͦ̚͢͟ ̴̢̬̥̙͕̪̪̯̻̝̗͈͍̲̤ͩ̓̈͂̍̈ͮͩ̆́ͯͩ͞ͅo̡̠̬͍͖͎̤̣̘̫̻͔͔͕̭͓͉͉͇͋̌̑ͬ̔̌͑̄ͪͫ̀͟͞ͅf̞̠̘̩͎̟ͬ̾ͬ̓͌͛͢͡ ̥̪̱̘͎̦̱͈̣̫͚̲̯̱̥̤̙̊͊ͭ̒͒̈́ͦͪ̄ͨ̐ͯ̿̒̎ͦ̂͌͜͟͝ͅc̴͖͙͖̣̙̦̊͗̎̅̅́͌́h̡̰̟̳͕͖͕͎͇̤̯ͧ͌͌͋̓̄̉̋ͥ̊̍ͮͫ̏̀̚͘͘͘ͅͅͅa̧̢̢̛͓̮̩̩͎̜̙͎̘̠̤̙̤̞̟̱̐ͦͤ́ͣ͌ͦ͗̈ͪͭ̍̂́ͅo̯̪͔̥͎̠̺̠͔̟̭̙̻͙͚̤̦͌̆̑̉͗̊ͪ̕͘͢ş̶̢̫̙̳͙̗̭̞̲͙̞͙̐̉͌̈͒ͬ̈̔̒ͬ͊ͪͬ̿ͭ̒͜.̴̡̡̛̬̻̹͈̞̭͎̥̩̙̩̲͙̗̤̻͆̅̑́̓͗̐̀ͬ̃́ͅ
̴̧͔͈̘̻̭͂ͭͨ́̚͞W͗ͧ͗̽ͣͤ̐̂̓̽̐ͬ̅͏̀͏̼̪͉͎͖i̷̛͚̯̞̺̫̩͉̦̼̻̟̙̦͔͔̥̻̺ͨͤ̑ͥ̂͆͗ͧͣ͐ͦ̄ͨ̑ͫt̷́ͪ̿͆̃ͣ̌̃͑̊ͫ̅ͨ̍̓͊͏͔̳͖̬͍̝͙̼̟͍̼̱̱͠hͨ̽͐̃ͧ͛͆͢͞͠҉̣̳̩̳̼̮͡ ̧̛̤͉̥̪̺̦͚̈́̑̀̎ͯ͛̈ͣ́͌̃̾̊̀̚͜͢o̵̵͙͚̹̻̣̩̜̯͈̗͇̯̼̞͈͂̐́̃͆͋̚͢͜͜ͅͅư̧̹̘̤̺̙̯̫̩̭̹̺̩̳͊ͯ̽͊ͨͧ͌͐ͭ̍͂̆̅ͩ̽͛́͡t̵̢͔̳̞͎̙͖̮͖͓͚̳͚̱͆͗̐ͣ̆̉ͫ̊ͩ̍͗̇͆̊̅̾̚͜͡ ̷̭̜̮̤̫̜͙ͤͫͨ̇̀̈́͊̂̉̆͂͛ͭͮͤ̚̕͜ő̡̘̼̫̩̻̩̣̱͓͈̎̈́ͮ̎̌̾̌ͬ̅ͫ̾ͤ͒̊ͪ͗̀̚ͅr̵̶̟̰͉̼̝͉̞͔͉̠͖̥͇̝͎̰̪ͧ̓̓͒ͨ̒ͯ̽̋̋̋͋ͣ͛ͪ̾̆́̏͝͡d̵̡̙̙̯̲̣̘ͭ̏͑ͣ͂͒̈͌̓͐̓ͯ̊ͥͣ̄̕eͯ̓͒ͭ̇̾̇͒ͮ̋͂͋́̎̽҉҉̭͙͈̤̙̣̕r̴̢̯̳̜̞͙̺̬͓͍͎̞̣͈͑ͣ͂͋̓̈́͋̈́͆̀̅͑̄͟͢͠.̼̳͍͇̥͈̖̹͎͈̒̅͆ͣ̍ͣͭ̃ͤͧ̊̽͑ͭͥͭ͛̽͟
̴̛̦̻̲̰̓̀̓͌͘Ṱ̶̡̠͍͕͎̱̩ͣͥ̇̾ͤ̃̓͋̅̍͒ͬ͆ͬ̒ẖ̴̼̝̥̦͚͖̲̦̟͍̞̟̫͇̺̑ͦ̏ͫ̃ͯͮ͂́ͭ̈́̈̑̋̾ͨͬͯ͝ḙ̢̪͚͈̖̥͓̥̺̳̼͚̰͂ͬͪ̎ͤ̿ͫͣͤ̏͑̽͛̏͊̓̚͢ ̅̎̋͗ͥ̌̿̌̐͐̏̎͒̾̉͢҉̧̖̬̜͈̩̪͓̠̥̙̙̣̠̣̫Ņ̵̢̢͎̤̜̤̯̞̜͓͕̥͊̈́͑̏ͧ̌̇ͫ̒͌͑ͧͫ͡e̡̛̦̱͎̻̪̺̤͇̤̙͍͊̐ͦ̿̔̂ͣͨ̐̀̄̽ͬ͊ͥͩ̅͟͞ͅz̢͙̱̦̬̙̗͓̪̯͇̱ͨ͂̉ͪ̋pͥ̒͑͊ͤ̌̋̃͗̈́̀ͣ͊̐͂҉̡̯͈͉̤̀e̛̺̣̤̠̳̻͚̭̭̦͚͖̣̦͕̦͖ͯ̍ͯ̏ͯ́̍͛ͫ̽ͥ͑ͣ̐ͣ̓̇͝͡ͅr̉͌̓͊̂͐̆ͦ̉͋ͨͣ̀͞҉̬̤̰͙̩̺͔͔̤̜̘̜̦͈͖̱̪͈̰dͣ̅̄̇̒͂͋̏͋͊͗̀͌̎͗̔ͣͫ̅͠҉̦̥̼͇̩͎̖̻͡͠i͒͐ͭͯͧ͢͏̵̶͓͈̗̳̫̯̫̖̫a͐́̍ͦ̑ͭ̀ͮ̅ͤͬ͂̇͛̈̅͆͆͛͝҉̡̘͎̲̜̱̜̲̠̼̤̠̠͠͞n̴̲̱̬̣̾ͨ̾ͥͥ̒͐͂̓̇ͤͧͬ̊̎ͧ͂ ̸̛̱͖̜͓̟͎̲̼ͩ͒ͩ̍̌̎̾̑̿͊ͩͫ̋ͯh̀̅̌̔͏͏͏͢҉͇̳̼̤̥̯̖̱̝̯i̶̢͔̖̻̝̥̫̼̹̥͗ͭ̐̊̐͋ͭ̆̈̈́̔͊͝v̬̲̪͈̬̰̱͙̥̫̉͌̓̓̇ͩͫ̈̎͛́ͅͅͅe͛͊̈́̎ͨ̿̀̓̋̉̂̓́̂̃̌ͧ̾ͪ͞҉̛̲͓̲̣̫̭͙͚̣̝̝͚̖-̧̛̛̦̜̠̫͍̣̼͇͇̝̬̻͓̞̣̺͎͇ͯͤ̏͒̆́ͣ͟m̗̗̥̫̞̥̳̄̀̒̎̀͆͌͌̆̏͋̔̄ͨͣ͑̈́̂ͬ̀̕͢͟ĭ̴̡̛̦̻̳̯͎̹̟͔̖̹̮̞̩̫͉̥̼̞̻̀́͆ͨ̐̄̾̅ͭͮ̒͆͠n̴̸͉̫͉͖̗̯̜̰͈̜̞̪̫̻̱̣̬̩͛ͧ̍͞d̛̺̮̖̲̫̗̱͔̞͔͖ͣ̆͛̾͋ͧͪ̂̎ͣͭ͞ ̳̫̬̠̪̮͈̟͇͔̣͕͔̜͋̒̾͜͝ͅo̷̷̢͍̱̟̹̮̪̝͙͓̱̘̭̘̮ͤ̍͂̾́ͫ͆ͫ͗̊͐͒̎ͯ̋͞f̢͉̖̤̯̮̤͉̗̤̜̜̱͍͙̫̘̤̦̗ͪ̄ͬ͊̈͊͒ͬͬ̄ͧ̓̾̑ͪ͛ͮ̀̕͝ ̖̲̗̳͈̬̥̘̠̳̖̮͌̀̏ͫͤͣ̄ͧ͊̍͐̍̀͋̄ͥ̔̓͟͝c̶̢͖̥̩̺̯͉̭͕̅̎͛̎̓̏͛̿̍̀̽̋̀͠ḩͬ̎̌ͮ̄ͯͣ̍̈́̚͞҉̢̬̪͎̫͖̳͇̫̲̩a̶̖͓͈͈͙͎̬̫̪͇̦̝̒̽ͧ̓̎͒̔͞͝o̪̱̞̫͙͔̓ͨ̍ͩͯͭ̀͜͟s̱̼̻̩̻͈͖̳͓̑̌͛ͤ̅͑̄͌ͯ̄̂̅̇̈̌̎̆͠͞.̧̨̛̠̩͎̲̘̳̖͖̫ͥ̄͒ͣ̂̓ͥ͌ͭͪ̔̾͗ͮͧͤͪ̀͢͝ ͣ̆ͦͫ͋͌̒͆̍͂̌̎͂̑̀͘҉̢͓̰̲̣̙Z̶̧̺͙͍͈̫̫̀̅̋̓̑ͦ̈́͗ͯ̈͗ͮͮ̑̇ͯ̈̐͛͢͠ͅà̷̖̙͓͙̥̠͇̳̼̯͎̦͔̥̩̬̀ͬ̒ͧ͞ͅl̢͈̭̼͔̠͓͓͖̅ͪͩͤͨ̎ͤ̈ͦ̆̀̿̊͛̎̌́͟͠g̵͍̘̳̲̮͓̱̳̫̦̗͒͊̋̇ͭ́ͭ̃͌ͪͩ̑̓ͥ͊͐ơ̪̦̹̲̖͉̜̩̱͚̥͒̊̉̈ͯ͒ͥ̇ͫ͌̊ͭ̍ͩ͘͘.̍̿̏͏̸̹̝̬̬̞͔̣͎̙̳̝̫̠͝ ̶͗͊͆ͭ̓҉̷̛̝͇̳̙̹̥͇̻̗͖
̧̞̤͙̥̍ͧͩ̆ͩ̎̃ͦ̓͛͞H̶ͤͨ̓̈́ͩ̽ͫ͐͌̿͛ͣ́ͭ͌̋ͩ̚͜҉͎̖̥͈̜̻̰̥̫̭̻̞̥̳͙͡ȩͥͩ̎ͪ͛ͦ̏̉́̾ͣ͘͜͏̸̱̪̹̺͖͍̺͎̲ ̸̷̨̧̟̮̥͙̩͚͉̝̝̺̣̘͍͎̂̋̃̓w̨̥͓̻̪̳̘̘̙ͧ̎̀͛͆́͘̕̕͡h̷͖̻̦̰̖̲̐̌ͫͭ̃̀̀o̸̶̥͉̩̯̘͔̠̯̱̠ͤ̎̐͛͋̏̆̌͋ͭ̋̈ͧ̋ͥ͢͝ͅ ̵̻̻̝͈̦̦̰̹͔̜̞̫̲̖̤ͩ̈ͬ̊ͩ̐͛ͪ͘͞W̓ͩ̄͒ͫ͊̒ͨ̉͏҉̞͖͉̝̘̼̝̙͚͔̬̲ầ͛ͪͦ̉̐ͥ̓͏̷͖̱̣̦̹̮̳͖͈͚̼̗̘͕̙̘͟͞ì̶̴̠̯̬̤̬̮͙͇̰̙̼̝̰̟͊͒ͦ̀ͧ̐̽ͣ͆̈́ͪ̑͊͋̈́ͮͥ̉̕͟ṫ͊̾͛̊̽̉̆̽ͫ҉̵̭̯̣̬̟̩̩͓͎̱̗̲̜͚͔̳ͅs̢ͪ̐̏̿̈ͤ̄̄̿̅̾ͥ̅̾̕҉̙̯̮̞̦̻͈̖̟̫ ̓͛͆͗ͬ̍̿͒͒ͣ̾̍̈́ͬ̽͒ͭͥ҉̸̱̼̖̰̜̦̥̭̻͍ͅB̶̛̊ͥ͊̒̐ͩ̊̋͋̏ͮ̕҉̻͓͎̮e̡̡̼̝̺͇͈͕̞͍̟̱̱̟̙͚͓̋͊̎͂ͮẖ̴̸͕̻̫̬̩͖̤̩̹͕̱̭̘ͫͤ̎̔ͮ͌ͩ͒͊͂̌͐͘ͅͅĩ̧̛͔̣̟͉͙͕̘̲̬͉̲̳͖̿̔̇̂ͣͮ̑͂̏ͅͅͅn̶̖̻͚̩͉͖̖͖̯̘͎̗͓͚̐͗̐ͭͫ͆͋̄̋ͫ̎̿ͩ̌̊̊̅d̸̸̡͇̝̠̘͉̤̙̫̝ͨ̋ͦ̓̾ͪ̈̒͗́̕ ̧̲̱͎̙͓͕̟̘̬̻͖̭̙͉̯̘ͩ̔ͭ̑ͭͨ̅̑̀ͭ̒ͪ̒ͯ͐͛ͬ̎̓́͘T̠͉͉͕̝ͨ̆ͥͣ̓ͯ̉̉̈́͜͠͠h̨̨̗̹͍̝͖̖̣̦͇̺̊̃ͫ̍̀ͣͪ̌̓ͣ̎͘ḛ̴̛͕̦̲͈̩̲̫͓̗̯̖͈͎̝̯̫͔̋ͯͯͦͣ͑͒ͩ̌̍͌̊ͧ͑́̔̐̚͢ ̛͖̩̜̰̟̦͉̪̞̩̰͙̙̘̾͐ͣͫ̃̀̃̃̃ͬ͑͆ͮ̿͛͂́͝W̧̊͊ͦ̈́̿ͪ͞҉̴̧͈̝͖͈͙̱̘̖̻̥̳̝̗ͅǎ̵̪̥̜̻̪͙̹̙͎̝̩̰̰͙̻͖̼͖͙̔͌̀ͪ͛̓͑͆ͩͨ́̌ͥ̃̾̊ͧ̓͝l̸̨͂ͣ̐́̌҉͎̲̙̱̭͘l̜͔̪͔͓̥̺̿͋̆̄̍̀̇̏̓ͧ̎͞.̸ͭͬ͆ͤͣͯ̃̊̏̂̉͛̏͝͏̘͚͎̠̙̟͟
̭̹̠̘̬͖̝̠̫͙͑͗̈́ͥͨͨͣ̕͢Z̷̡̩̗̫͎͈͉͎͖̭͕̭͒͒͐̓̋͞ͅA͌̈ͧͮͣ̈́̎̿̅̂͞҉́҉̵͍͙͔͎͎̙̤͕͕̞̞̰͕̗̱̯L̵ͧͩ̄ͨ̿̊ͦ̊͌̄ͯ͛͠҉̜̩͔̲͈̜͈̠͉̥̠Ğ̴̶̰̺̜̲͕̜̤͈̥ͩͫͦ̀͒͗ͦ͘͢͞Ơ̢̡̼̼̲̪̦̣ͩ͐͒̎́̚͡!̵̧͉͓̤͓̇̊̚

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Re: You may now notice some funny characters about the place

DarkUnderlord said:
As a result of the change to UTF-8, it will however mean some funny characters pop-up in old threads, content, news and such (things entered under a different charset not being displayed properly in the "new" charset basically).
You mean they didn't already? I always noticed weird characters in old threads, for instance that "ae" character in place of apostrophes, commas, etc.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Oh good some of the reviews that were full of broken characters now look great. Thanks DU.

(I probably should've reported these reviews ages ago come to think of it...)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
root said:
I've always noticed funny characters around the place. I assumed they came with the whole 'codex experience' thing.

I noticed this too: with the release date of DA2 approaching, this funny 'Volourn' character has shown up everywhere.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Re: You may now notice some funny characters about the place

DarkUnderlord said:
As a result of the change to UTF-8, it will however mean some funny characters pop-up in old threads, content, news and such (things entered under a different charset not being displayed properly in the "new" charset basically). Point them out if you like and maybe we'll fix them eventually (a simple edit of the thread, correcting of the funny character and resubmission will do it).
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=146

Characters like ' or " are replaced with weird symbols in this review.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom