Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

XIII Century Comes of Age

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Announcement ]</strong>

<p><strike>XIII Total War</strike> <strong><a href="http://xiiicentury.1cpublishing.eu/index.php?page=home" target="_blank">XIII Century: Death or Glory</a></strong> is now available on <a href="http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?page=product&what=view&sku=DD-XIIIC" target="_blank">Gamer's Gate</a> with a later retail release. Now for some bulletpoints:</p><div class="record"> <ul class="news"><li>Authentic depiction of thirteenth century European military history</li><li>Historical reconstruction of armies, castles, and heraldry</li><li>Unique combat system accompanied by realistic unit animation</li><li>Terrain and weather conditions influence battle</li><li>State-of-the-art shader graphics offer astonishing level of realistic detail</li><li>Authentic medieval soundtrack</li><li>Tools allow player to recreate battle in any European region in various seasons and times of day</li></ul> </div>

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
WHERE IS THE LINK TO BUY?

There's not even a link to Gamers Gate from their news item on the game site or a "buy here". I had to fucking google GamersGate and find Century XIII over there (thankfully it's in the list of "newly added" games right on the front page).

Morons.

Oh hey, it's only a 1 GB download. Can I order the DVD? $10 says I can't. Seems I also need to "login" to continue the purchase (no nice option to register there, that's up the top). You know really, I just want to enter some credit card details and have a CD shipped to me. Is that too much to ask?

It's only $40 USD too. Awesome. Okay, GamersGate isn't helping. I've just paid for it and... am looking for where I go to download it. Ahhh... Okay. If they had a link to "Download here" after you pay, that'd be nice. I see it's in "My Games" (again, link up the top). It didn't even say "go to My Games to download". New customer experience--
  • To download your games you need the GamersGate Downloader. Download and open the Downloader and follow the instructions to play your games.
GRRR. WANT CD NOAW.

Wow, Vista sucks:

I had to right-click the GamersGate download tool download and say "run as Administrator" (thankfully I was able to figure that out after googling the error message). Be even nicer if it said "You must run this program as an Administrator" rather than the half cryptic elevation crap.

Oh fuck me. The GamersGate download tool doesn't have any speed control. Yet another bunch of dickfucks making their own downloader and not including an option to reduce speed so that it doesn't kill my entire internets. I also assume (it doesn't actually say anywhere or give me a "pause" option) that if I close it down, I can open it up later and continue where I left off without having to download it all again.

All in all, so far this is a much more involved process than it really needs to be. Still wanting to order CD.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I've bought a shitload of stuff off Gamersgate that I lack the time to play. I didn't find it too hard to work out what to do the first time...

BTW, make sure you back up the temp folder during the install process (where it has decrypted a nice little setup exe for you) so that you can install it without having the GG client installed yadda yadda etc etc my parrot is green.

EDit:
Oh, and write us a brief review mofo.

Section8

Cipher
vistalolji5.png

I had to right-click the GamersGate download tool download and say "run as Administrator" (thankfully I was able to figure that out after googling the error message). Be even nicer if it said "You must run this program as an Administrator" rather than the half cryptic elevation crap.

You're doing it wrong
bono_coexist_headband.jpg

Incidentally, live footage of U2 is one of the most unintentionally funny things in existence. The clip that photo is from is fucking hilarious.

dagorkan

Arbiter
So is this like a cross between Total War and Crusader Kings? There isn't much info under features

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
From what I know: Medieval Total War without the strategy .. sucks.

Add to that the fact that it's developed in Russia.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Well, when it's finished downloading sometime today, I'll let you know what it's like. I'm mainly into the horses and the fact it's cheap. Plus it said RTS and I need a new one of those.

Section8 said:
You're doing it wrong
Except I was logged in as the Administrator... So what's doin' it rite?

VasikkA

Liturgist
The candy graphics are a turn-off for me and the feature list just made me laugh.

Still waiting for the new Total War.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
VasikkA said:
The candy graphics are a turn-off for me and the feature list just made me laugh.

I think we can forget this one.

VasikkA said:
Still waiting for the new Total War.

Afaik if you like this kind of game CA is the last option you have. Personally I think the series went downhill since its glorious beginnings .. still cherish STW as one of the best games of all times - what magnificient athmosphere!!

I might or might not get EmpireTW. I don't expect anything that will please old men like me very long, but the naval combat could turn out fun and the time period is interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom