Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

Mig

Educated
I tried playing XBDF in the latest Yuzu with the 60 FPS patch and it doesn't run well on my Intel i9/RTX 3070. I get microstutters galore even with the native internal resolution. Meanwhile, XB:X on Cemu runs silky smooth at 4K/60FPS. I guess if I want to play Xenoblades Chronicles the 1st with smooth framerates I'll have to do it on a more mature emulator like Dolphin, unless someone here knows a secret setting for Yuzu that magical cures shitty performance with XBDE.
I just finished it a few days ago on Ryujinx with an RTX3080 and all the settings maxed out. Ran smoothly.
Yeah I'm checking it out now with the most recent build of Ryujinx. Would much prefer playing the DE over the old Wii version because of many notable enhancements (controller movement ie turning is much more responsive in DE I noticed). I wonder if they fixed the issue of leveling too fast if you do side missions or if there'a patch for that like in the original.
Early on in the game if you do al lot of the side quests you're way overlevelled. ( I did that) It fixed itself later in the game though, when there's fewer sidequests. I just ignored the monsters that were low level since they are not aggressive when you're far higher level.

Puukko

Arcane
Why not try ryujinx? It's the emulator that's not dead. I haven't tested it in a long while but I'm almost certain I hit 60 fps on a 5600x on ryujinx in the first colony back when I last tested it.

Also, could I bother you to give me your exact Cemu setup for XBX? Emulator version, 60 fps patch source, anything else relevant. I ask because I simply can't get the 60 fps patch to work. I've tried a couple times since I first played it back in 2019 and ze patches do nothing. I know they like to break between versions.
Yeah, I hear good things about ryujnx and XBDE (a PITA to setup compared to others though) but the 2 games I used it it with (SMT 5 and that last Metroid title) didn't run particularly smoothly on my system so I didn't bother much. That was a few builds ago though.

I don't think I used many special settings with Cemu other than the graphics pak (you can download this within Cemu). Just be sure to use the last official build (2.0.74), use Vulcan, and select the 60FPS patch and 4K (3840 X 2160) for resolution in the graphics pak. However, make sure you select these settings before you run the game, then restart Cemu (important!) to see if they stick; sometimes they don't. Go to full screen during the game, and when you exit XB:X in Cemu do it with Alt-F4 otherwise it will always revert to windowed. Good luck, and may the God of Emulation be with you! (P.S. I'm disappointed that I can't climb up those giant monster tails and up their backs like in Shadow of the Colossus because of no collision).

cKAId3k.jpeg

It works! :incline:

The problem turned out to be my copy of the game, something had happened to the meta folder and I noticed the emulator wasn't recognizing the game despite running it so none of the patches would apply. Grabbed a newer patch and the DLC while I was at it

Game scales wonderfully to 4K for the most part. If I could tweak the draw distance and LODs, that would be perfect.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I noticed some of the textures in my emulation of XBC:X are fucked up but nothing too major. Rock and cliff surfaces (and occasionally structures) I noticed can have a checkered pattern but usually disappear when you get closer. I heard HD texture packs might alleviate the problem. I'm still amazed at how smoothly it runs at 4K, much better than some AAA games for PC I've tried. It's not perfect but it's quite playable and looks great.

cruel

Cipher
What source did you guys use for XBX? Vimm's lair, or something else? Always wanted to try it but never had the patience to setup everything.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Puukko

Arcane
With Wii U games there's no good source I know of. Ziperto has em, but it's all split up and you need several layers of protection before going in.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I find it harder to find Nintendo Switch roms than other content (serves me right) but I do find them with a little perseverance.

Ran XBC:DE today under the latest Ryujinx. Night and day difference between this and newest Yuzu. At X2 resolution it's quite acceptable with a steady 60 FPS though not as smooth as XBC:X on Cemu. Ryujinx is still quite new compared to Cemu so it's understandable it's not quite there yet in giving almost flawless framerates (I still notice little hitches and hiccups but nothing too offensive to my delicate condition of being a frames-per-second whore). So thanks, boys, for encouraging me to give XBC:DE another go on a different emu.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom