Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

XCOM: Chimera Squad - humans and aliens team up

ArchAngel

Arcane
Got round to play this past couple of days...."abomination" is right.

The original X-Com games are timeless, but I still had a fair bit of fun with the reebots. Nowhere near as good, but they still held enough quality to be worth playing through a few times.

This bag o' wank though....ugggggh. The maps are garbage, the difficulty too easy (on Normal), and the general changes to the gameplay (such as units taking turns individually instead of each side exchanging turns) are all for the worse. And It's main "Breach" gimmick is lame as fuck too; something which may be interesting if used occasionally, but which saturates this game far too much and just drags it down.

But the fucking garbage story, writing and woke angle is horrific. It fucking bleeds "diversity" in the worst way possible, and turns an average game into one which you just can't help but hate.

It really is the worst thing which could have happened to the series.
It was good enough for one playthrough. Still better than their Marvel shit which killed them.

jackofshadows

Magister
The max difficulty was pretty fair I'd say. And the breach mechanic was a cool addition.

The characters and the story were absolutely disgusting though, yes.

Personally I had plenty of fun with subj but the woke shit left a bad taste in my mouth.

Zumbabul

Savant
There was a mod that disable all dialogues in the game. With that mod, the game is much better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom