Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Xbox 360 exclusives I would like to see on PC

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Earthworm Jim HD.

Limbo. (At least let me play a demo!)

Dead Rising.

... that's all for now.

Topher

Cipher
I'd like to see the Scott Pilgrim beat'em up and Red Dead Redemption.

Rasputin said:
Dead Rising 2 was suprisingly crappy game for me.
Don't know if original is better.

I liked Dead Rising but the second game ran like crap on my PC even though it shouldn't have, I'm blaming the fact that it was a less then legit copy but I'm not really sure.

Zlaja

Arcane
Has anyone here played Radiant Silvergun? Is it as good as it's reputation? Apparently there's a remake of it coming out on XBLA sometimes soon. And yes, I do think it falls into the "exklusive" category since I'm not about to get a bleeding Saturn to play it.

Achilles

Arcane
[Perception] Many people saw the title and posted without actually reading my post.

:(

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
SimpleComplexity said:
commie said:
You can't rationally judge the game because you didn't liked it. Same thing applies to me with Two Turds 2 or consoletards who call Fallout 1/2 the biggest shit they've ever played. And to my defense i said "action stealth", it's a completely different genre. Diablo is a "action RPG", when somebody plays it he doesn't expect it to be Fallout-like, in SC:C's case Thief-like or maybe like the old Splinter:Cell parts -like.

I'm a big fan of the SC series and this was so far from the formula that it was another genre entirely. The original SC were 'action stealth', this was just an action game. Shit, if this is action stealth then so must be Max Payne or Half Life even. Sam Fisher killing his way through 100 goons a level in the most generic popamole shooter way is nothing like the old games. It tries to be Max Payne and fails. The 'stealth' part was a joke: the two cameras even shone a nice bright beam so you'd know where you could walk and there was even a nice straight path, just out of reach of the cameras so even the most stupid consoletard wouldn't have any problems with it. I judge SC:C on the basic of Max Payne and Gears of War, even AP and it fails miserably in comparison to any of them. In fact, AP was much more of a continuation of Splinter Cell than Conviction which should have been made into a spinoff or something as it totally butchered Fisher as a character and the setting.

Zlaja said:
Has anyone here played Radiant Silvergun? Is it as good as it's reputation? Apparently there's a remake of it coming out on XBLA sometimes soon. And yes, I do think it falls into the "exklusive" category since I'm not about to get a bleeding Saturn to play it.

Sure hope you like memorising every fucking thing. At least in most enemy chaining games you can just ignore it and all that happens is you get a shit score, in RS if you don't chain you end up with a useless underpowered ship that can't even kill the bosses.

Not that I've played it, of course, I saw who made it and stayed right the fuck away.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Metro said:
Allow me to inject some non-sarcasm and say I'd love for this XBLA exclusive to be on PC:

http://www.castlecrashers.com/

The game play is side scrolling beat-em-up with a handful of RPG elements. You play through the same world again and again although it is fairly large and you keep your characters gaining experience, levels, abilities as you replay.

Just Fyi; theres at least a dozen awesome games in this vein you can find for MAME. Though my personal favourite would be Guardian Heroes for the Saturn.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
ID LIKE TO SEE A CONVERSION TO MAKE YOU FAGS TURN STRAIGHT LOLLOLOLOLL FAGBOX FAGS

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLLOLOLL I READ THE ORGINGAL POST I THINK HE WAS BEING IRONING>>!!!

abstract

Scholar
pocahaunted said:
abstract said:
I'd play Alan Wake

This, game was supposed to be released on the PC as well but PIRATES KILLED IT, hur dur.

Really? I read that the game was supposed to be suited for playing on a couch, with a controller, in front of a big-screen TV, and not "in the intimacy of the PC" or some bullshit. Anyway I heard it didn't sell too well, so kudos to whoever came up with that plan :smug:

I saw a Let's Play of the game and thought it had a very good atmosphere, even if the gameplay looked like Max Payne with the added flashlight gimmick.

Karos Loron

Novice
attackfighter said:
I wanna play the Fable games, I've heard they suck but they still look interesting

Fable is good for some laughs.

Also Fable 3 takes place during an industrial revolution so it is a little different then the stereo-typical RPG Fantasy Setting that I have come to loathe. (prefer Sci-fi!)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alexandros said:
[Perception] Many people saw the title and posted without actually reading my post.

:(
Oh, we've read it. We're just ignoring the trolling part, since the topic is interesting.

I'd like to see Brutal Legend and Red Dead Redemption on the PC - even though they are not XBox exclusive (also on PS3).

Achilles

Arcane
Jaesun said:
It's ok, you'll get the hang of trolling eventually.

Well that's just it, I wasn't trying to troll. I was trying to make fun of Shacknews because they saw fit to give the "Xbox 360 Exclusive of the Year" award to Mass Effect 2, a game also available on PC. I thought that was a bit insulting to PC gamers, as if their platform of choice "doesn't count".

BLOBERT said:
I THINK HE WAS BEING IRONING>>!!!

Yes, I was, but apparently I cannot into that. :(

Achilles

Arcane
SimpleComplexity said:
There's one riddle left to be solved:
Why the fuck are you reading shacknews?

I like fighting the good fight with my posts. Also, force of habit I guess.

Black Cat

Magister
Xbox 360 exclusives I would like to see on PC

The new and overhauled edition of Trouble Witches Ep.1, known as Trouble Witches Neo!, which is about to come out on that xbox live thingie or however it is called. I would kill to have that game on PC, literally. It has about thrice the number of playable witches compared to the original PC and Arcade release, the graphics are much more detailed and crisp and colorful, it adds a score attack mode and a boss rush mode, and you can actually understand the plot without stoping to check a dictionary every single dialogue, though the voices are pretty shitty compared to the old japanese ones and I will never forgive the flying neko no longer does his U Nyu Nyu number when summoning the magic barrier.

The west needs more simple to play and brutally hardcore to master games like this instead of cinematic casual shit we usually get.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom