Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline X3: Terran Conflict

DefJam101

Arcane
I discovered Litcube's Universe in October. I have slogged my way through the entire thread. There have been several questions like these recent ones that indicate some people Just Aren't Getting It.

A Dummies Guide to Litcube's Universe(tm)

#1: Read the fine wiki. Located here: https://code.google.com/p/litcubesuniverse/wiki/Index

#2: Puttest thou no other mods into thine Litcube installation. Not Mars, not Codea, not the Bonus pack, and especially not yon Plugin Manager, lest ye be mocked and possibly taunted a second time by forum members. All of those break Litcube, sometimes in ways that aren't immediately apparent.

#3: Think big. When I say big, I mean "big." As in vast. Gargantuan. Epic. Massive, even. LUV has Saturn Complex Hubs that contain 400 end product factories. For a reason ...

Most every functionality improvement that you modded your X3:AP to include is already included in Litcube's Universe Vanilla (LUV), and more.
* CLS functionality: Station Agents / Dock Agents / Freighters / Couriers
* CODEA : MLCC.
* Smart UT's: already there

and so on. It bears repeating: the mod you wish to add is probably already present in LUV in some fashion.

This does sound way too good to be true. I want to believe

DefJam101

Arcane
never tried that one.

I'd give it a try.
Some of this shit sounds crazy. Could drastically change how the game plays:
https://code.google.com/p/litcubesuniverse/wiki/EMS_Home said:
Overview
EMS, meaning Emergent Mission System - is LU's official replacement mission system for vanilla missions as well as a unique mission framework for use by anyone to create missions within the MSCI.

What Makes EMS Unique?
EMS aims to make missions emergent within the universe, this means that rather then fly around from sector to sector contacting mission agents you may discover missions while exploring purely out of the events that occur in the universe. Standard game play such as repelling a Xenon invasion becomes a mission, rather then spawning a group of random enemy's when you accept a mission EMS watches for what already happens in the universe to generate content for you.

EMS is not limited to only combat missions, coming in future updates are Trade and Build missions, special OCV missions and Exploration missions. EMS is also capable of creating story missions, if someone ever writes an actual plotline.

EMS Also aims to eliminate the use of Menus as much as possible when dealing with missions.

What to Expect
In keeping with the harsh nature of LU, EMS, unlike the standard mission system, will not hand you anything on silver platters. It is up to you to find missions in the game world, you must explore to do this in both hostile and friendly space.

If your an avid mission runner, EMS will drastically change your game play, providing emergent experience throughout the game via event scanning - this should create a more believable atmosphere within the game as EMS will not spawn enemies for the soul purpose of letting the player kill them.

This is just the begining EMS is in its infancy, Its current mission set are the basics required for release but its event scanner will be updated and improved over the coarse of EMS's lifetime, New missions will be added as well as new functionality to improve the amount of events happening in the universe.

Hoes does EMS work?
So, you may be asking, if you never use a menu and accept a mission, how do you - well, accept a mission?

The answer is you dont, Not in the same sense as what you do currently. In your travels you will come across missions, these missions will be displayed in a brand new interface on the right side of the screen (See Fig 1a). The new interface will tell you a brief description of what is involved in the missions and its your choice to act on that mission, or not.

You can also fucking lose the game, apparently. If you don't stop the rabid expanding AI assholes they will take over the entire universe and murder you. Awesome.

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah okay, that does sound awesome. Ima downloadz.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom