Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X3:TC mod

I know there have been like five topics about this game before, but I can't be bothered with finding them. Anyway, semester is coming to a close and I have free time, so I was thinking of firing this up again. Are there any mods that make the game more fun, and I suppose more of a game? Maybe something with a better quest structure or some direction or ... well, you know.

Tycn

Savant
ImprovedRaces or Race Response Fleets
Ship Rebalanced Mod (especially cockpits)
CMOD 4

I'm not aware of any mod that changes the mission structure, unfortunately. Biggest weakness of the game for me.

The plot-related missions provide a semblance of direction and I find that more than sufficient.

JrK

Prophet
This is what I use. Check the pages for install instructions and install order n shit. I'd rather use Military Base Response than improved races/race respond. X-tended has much of the below but is still very buggy and incomplete so you'd be better off waiting a year or two until it is in a more advanced stage.

scripts:
- Abandoned Ship Spawner
- ADAMS Improved Turrets
- Reduced Enemy Missiles
- NPC Bailing Addon
- NPC Salvagers
- Military Base Response
- Improved Boarding
- Missile Safety
- Wing Manager Plus
- ADS Carrier command software
- Spaceloot Transporter
- Launch Fighter Drone hotkey
- Trade Overview
- Explorer Command Extension
- Marine Repairs
- Crystalfree SPP

mods:
- Menu background Disabler
- Low Poly Asteroids
- Complex Cleaner
- Combat Mod 4
- Ship Rebalance

Necessary for above.
- Plugin manager
- JSON parser library
- Plugin Configuration
- Galactic News System
- Ware Manager
- Hotkey Manager

lefthandblack

Arcane
Gazz's complex cleaner is a must have IMO.

Want to have a complex with a hundred or more factories that can easily make 10 million an hour and no fps slowdown?

No problem.

<shameless self promotion>

http://www.lefthandblack.com/mods/X3TC_MinimalHud1.zip

This mod get's rid of all the annoying boxes around everything as well as slightly tweaking the rest of the HUD.

</shameless self promotion>

JrK

Prophet
lefthandblack said:
http://www.lefthandblack.com/mods/X3TC_MinimalHud1.zip This mod get's rid of all the annoying boxes around everything as well as slightly tweaking the rest of the HUD.

Thanks, pretty good tweak. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom