Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WTF

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sticky topics somehow don't appear on the top of the forum anymore. Lolwut? Is this only my problem or does anyone else have this too?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It kinda sucks that "Display topics from previous:" is set to 3 months by default. Is there any way "All topics" can be made the default option or do I have to set it manually every time I enter a subforum?

EDIT. It looks like Guests also have 3 months as the default option. Annoying.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Also, shouldn't this, uhm, innovation be made more obvious to whoever browses the subfora -- like, shouldn't "Display topics from previous:" be placed on top, not at the bottom?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Derp?

What's the point of that "display topics from previous" function? I don't see any.

EDIT:
Okay disregard this thread I read the one in the supar sekrit staff subforum and know what's going on now.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Crooked Bee said:
It kinda sucks that "Display topics from previous:" is set to 3 months by default. Is there any way "All topics" can be made the default option or do I have to set it manually every time I enter a subforum?

EDIT. It looks like Guests also have 3 months as the default option. Annoying.
Why exactly would you need to have 10 years of threads displayed every time you load a forum?

And no, the option to display more than an X period of posts is by default at the bottom of every forum software. Hardly any forums list every thread in existence by default. All that's good for is morons downloading the whole Codex and crawlers overloading the server merrily crawling the entire Codex history over and over again every few days.

Stickies not showing and old threads with new replies will be fixed, no need to start slitting your wrists over that.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Taluntain said:
no need to start slitting your wrists over that.

Too late now. :(

Nah, just do fix the 'stickies not showing and old threads with new replies", and I'll be fine. Well, ideally, I'd love to set display preferences in the profile...

P.S. Also, downloading the whole Codex? WTF?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
That's fine, but is there anyway to set preferences in the profile?
I seriously doubt DU would waste time on that. It'll be possible when we switch to the new forum software. Right now we just get a quick fix for the most pressing issues on this prehistoric phpBB.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If Taluntain and DU had put more into the server upkeep than an occasional strip of duct tape and an extra brick or two to help prop it up, this wouldn't be happening!

But NO, you both had to have the SOLID gold toilets installed!

Fens

Ford of the Llies
sucks for stickies in the library too... especially the documentary topic... pls fix

JaySn

Educated
What is to be the new software?

When did PHPbb become antiquated? It was awesome at the turn of the millennium . . .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom