Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Writing a Wi3dzmin review

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Exploration, UI and combat is fine. Controls, crafting and itemization are terrible.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I had fun exploring Velen and Novigrad but Skellige got old fast. Having to constantly sail around to get to new places by itself was repetitive but having to constantly deal with a swarm of sirens every few feet made me quickly loathe getting on a boat.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I had fun exploring Velen and Novigrad but Skellige got old fast. Having to constantly sail around to get to new places by itself was repetitive but having to constantly deal with a swarm of sirens every few feet made me quickly loathe getting on a boat.

Sailing you can avoid by buying maps from merchants. And the Horn of whatever makes a short work of the sirens.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron

Sailing you can avoid by buying maps from merchants. And the Horn of whatever makes a short work of the sirens.

The maps only open up quick travel to the larger land masses, you still have to do a ton of sailing if you're discovering all the points of interest. As for the horn, it knocks them down but they get back up again pretty quickly and then proceed to chase and hound you until you finally kill them all. Besides, it's not even really about killing them, it's just the fact that you're forced to deal with the same group of enemies again and again and again and again and again and again in quick succession depending on how much sailing you're doing. I decided to take a day exploring all the islands and by the end of it I had dealt with at least 100 of the fuckers.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why would you want to play with PoI on? CDProjekt shouldn't have put the markers in the game. It's just stupid.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
ffs

if you're going to explore all the islands, you're going to be doing a lot of sailing if you're not using the Points of Interest markers.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
By the time you get to Skellige you should realize POIs are just padding. Personally I've done every single one of them on tne Velen/Novigrad map but have barely touched them on Skellige. And nothing of value was lost.

And the Horn is a blessing. If you use it right it can save you literally minutes of swinging your sword in the air.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
True. I definitely won't be making the mistake of fully exploring Skellige whenever I decided to replay it. Them being padding wouldn't be so bad if the itemization wasn't so shit. I'll never understand the thought process of, "Let's add a ton of loot to the game but make 99% of it absolute worthless shit!"

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
axii.png
Ulminati I can't even click on the googledoc without sexposing my email

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
As a result of using axii, there was a peasant uprising and rks dick fell off. :CDPRGrimdarkConsequences:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom