Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Worthplaying would like a) more KotOR and b) fresh underpants

triCritical

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Actually, the last three movies were done already, but just in book format. They covered Luke's continuing growth as a Jedi and how Han and Leia's kids became powerful Jedi as well. There was also a new emperor making an appearance. I never read them, but I know of them.

The books are gospel right?

And I remember them sufacing around 10-12 years ago if I am not mistaken. And they are written by 3rd party authors as well right?

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Well, you have to understand that Lucas doesn't let ANYTHING about SW get published unless his staff approves it for the SW universe. I'm not saying they are gospel, I'm just saying it was done. I never read them because, quite honestly, I just wasn't interested. Spielberg does want to do the last three movies, but I have no idea if he plans on going with the books or making his own ending to the series.

Ausir

Arcane
Recently, Lucas said that all the books are an alternate universe, and he won't be consistant with them in eps 1-3 if he has different ideas than the authors. The books were considered canon when Lucas didn't contradict them... They aren't now.

If Spielberg does new episodes, I can bet they won't be based on any of the books.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Actually, the last three movies were done already, but just in book format. They covered Luke's continuing growth as a Jedi and how Han and Leia's kids became powerful Jedi as well. There was also a new emperor making an appearance. I never read them, but I know of them.

Well, I've read them, and I don't really think they were ever intended as episode 7-whatever. Even so, Lucas himself has already contradicted them since the clone wars mentioned in the books are nothing like the one that happens in the prequels.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Well, Georgey-poo has been contradicting himself ever since the last SW comic book appeared on shelves across the nation. I just know that when the books that took place after Return Of The Jedi were written, it was rumoured we would not see anymore SW movies at all. From what I understand, Lucas had no intention of doing anymore until that point in which he started planning and scheming up shit. Well, rumours began flying all over the place and pretty soon I was just so fed up with the whole SW monopoly (funny that they made a SW version of Monopoly, eh?) that I pretty much gave up on it and have been out of the loop ever since. I'd probably spit on George if I saw him for what he's done with the whole thing.

suibhne

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
There is a scene in the movie where they show what the original Ewoks were gonna look like. It's the scene where C3PO is being led down into Jabba's lair to speak with the slave labor bot. They lead him past a barred up window and you can see a miniature version of the original Ewok design leaning up against the bars.

Don't forget that, originally, Ep. 6 wasn't even going to have Ewoks; it was originally conceived as taking place on the Wookie homeworld and partially revolving around a Wookie revolt against the Empire. When Lucas' co-producer (forgot the name) left, the Wookies became Ewoks, Luke and Leia became siblings, and the whole series went into the crapper.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom