Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wiz 8 character layouts

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
What are some character layouts that are working for you (surprisingly or not)?

I've been experimenting with a few types of builds. One is the Dracon Samurai

The thing is friggin badass. Load him up with the crusader sword (kill 10%) and an enchanted Wakizhashi or whatever it's called and he does instant kills like a mutha. I got with him in one fight 4 IK's in a row.

Another is the sword wielding hobbit.

Actually, the guy is nasty as hell surprisingly. Give him the berserker cursed sword and he does mega damage to majority of enemies. It's a surprise to me because I normally would equip the fella with a pair of daggers and let it at that, but this guy is just a beast on the front lines.

Lizardman Priest

Hammer specialty, the guy is a damn tank. He soaks up damage like none other. The only thing is that he can't dish it out nearly as well as my Hobb and Dracon Sam. He's also a great healer with his spells.

Dracon bard is damn tough too, but that's no surprise really.

Anyway, thats about it for the unusual stuff. What about you guys?

DraQ

Arcane
It's hard to unwittingly come up with some unworkable build in Wiz8, this game is damn flexible.

Though I'm more than a bit surprised with your Dracon Samurai's instakilling prowess.
Dracon + anything melee = fucking meatgrinder, but I'd expect their lousy senses to interfere with ability to crit enemy after enemy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom