Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Wildfire glimpses at EDBIS

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire; Strategy First

There's a <A href="http://www.edbis.com/all/previews/2004/february/ja2_wildfire_1.php">preview</a> of <A href="http://www.strategyfirst.com/games/GameInfo.asp?sLanguageCode=EN&iGameID=110&sSection=Overview">Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire</a> over at <A href="http://www.edbis.com">EDBIS</a>. Not much else to say, so here's a clip:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The one thing that has been missing on the CRPG market right now is good turn based science fiction/real world computer role-playing games, especially one with tactical challenges and fun. Those who were waiting for Fallout 3 to come, Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire has the look that will fill that void in our hearts.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Uhhh.. <A href="http://www.silentstorm-online.com">Silent Storm</a>, Visceris.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gengamers.com">GenGamers</A>

Jed

Cipher
I haven't been following this uh..mod?..expansion? so what's the consensus? Seems no one feels postive toward it. Why?

Taoreich

Liturgist
Does Vis own EDBIS? Does he have pictures of the site owner with a goat? Why doesn't someone edit this nonsense before allowing it to pollute the internet? Even if Vis had a salient point to make, I would never be able to identify it amongst the rest of his illiterate ramblings masquerading as pedantry.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
XJEDX said:
I haven't been following this uh..mod?..expansion? so what's the consensus? Seems no one feels postive toward it. Why?

Because it's a mod that got official sanction. Most people aren't too keen on paying money for a mod for a game that old, especially since there seemed to be better mods available for free.

Jed

Cipher
Thanks for bringing me up to speed. I didn't realize someone was asking money for it...

LCJr.

Erudite
Blah... Serge Popov and Romuldas Arm aka I-Deal Games. It's just a mod no matter how good Strategy First trys to make it sound.

From what I've seen it's the evolution of their previous Guerilla Warfare and Wildfire mods which they were charging money for already. I'm sorry that's incorrect. The downloads were free but you had to pay money to join their "club" to get access to the downloads. Nice attempt at circumventing copyright laws.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
If it includes the expansion as well as mod and the original version, it might be worth getting for $20. I never got to play Unfinished Business, so if it's in there as well, all the better.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Hell, if you're wanting a damn good FREE mod for JA2, try out Urban Chaos. It's pretty nicely done and.... it's free. I'll probably find some sucker who actually payed for Wildfire and get a copy off him, but you won't see me shelling money out for it. I love JA2, but not THAT much. :roll:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Urban Chaos is pretty good, but I'm getting tired of it. The "voice acting" is abyssmal and many of the areas are constructed in a way that aggravates (dozens of empty containers for example). Not to mention that some areas have so many enemies that it takes virtually forever to clear them.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Yeah, the voice acting is pretty horrid. But, hey, it's free and it breathed new life into JA2:UB for me. Although I will have to agree with some of the areas being swamped with enemies. That's something bad I've found about alot of the player made maps for UB though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom