Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wild Hearts - Omega Force's spin on Monster Hunter published by EA

ADL

Prophet

Master ancient tech to hunt down giant beasts.
WILD HEARTS™ is a unique twist on the hunting genre, where ancient tech gives you a fighting chance against fearsome beasts infused with the ferocious power of nature itself. Take on these creatures alone or hunt with friends in seamless co-op.

Developed by Omega Force, the Japanese studio behind the DYNASTY WARRIORS franchise, WILD HEARTS™ takes you on an epic adventure set in a fantasy world inspired by feudal Japan.

The hunt begins February 17, 2023.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Build-a-box seems like they're trying desperately to add something to compete with Monster hunter's wire bug. I miss when monster hunter was more concentrated and didn't try to add some gimmick each game. They really didn't need to add something to compete with wirebug since everything else they had seemed decent, and the building mechanic looks like it replaces good action combat with combat focused around getting in gimmick shots with boxes. I would buy this if the box building wasn't in or if it turns out that the trailer is over exaggerating the box usage and the actual gameplay is a lot less reliant on it.

Elttharion

Learned
Some news from the dev AMA on their reddit:

• All post launch contents will be free, including new Kemono and more! We don’t have any plans to feature MTX
  • 20 Kemono in the game at launch as our focus has been on quality over quantity, plans to add more after launch
  • Eight different weapons in the game, more details later this week
  • Elements play a huge role in WILD HEARTS
  • The game will allow you to pause in solo play only
  • Yes, you can play solo completely offline!
  • The game won't be supported on the Steam Deck at launch.
No mtx is a huge incline after Capcom went full retard with them on Monster Hunter. Thankfully gamepass will have a 10 hour trial for this game.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
We wuz he's and him's n sheeit. Make sure to watch past the naming and pronoun selection for the character reveal.

timestamped for your viewing pleasure

This game was made in Japan by japanese developers.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I don't get it. There's character creation with presets of all races, whoever's playing chose black.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I don't get it. There's character creation with presets of all races, whoever's playing chose black.

Nah. You can make either a japanese person or a black person. All the presets and sliders favor those two options. Just watch some character creation videos and take a look. Or do that before commenting, making assumptions. I said in the Forsaken thread that this type of thing (prounouns/less white features at character creation or less main characters that are white) is going to happen going forward for japanese companies. Well except for FFXVI I suppose.

I'll do the work for you.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
You can make either a japanese person or a black person
JAPANESE.png

Literally at a random point in the video, a white person. Can you keep your SJW shit out of the gaming sections?

deuxhero

Arcane
:what:
They totally removed male and female from character creation. Not even "body type" shit, just straight up every character an androgynous blob.

somerandomdude

Learned
I like Monster Hunting games but I waited to see what launch looked like, and it was a train wreck, so I skipped it. Also, a $70 price point with denuvo makes it even easier to pass on it.

Elttharion

Learned
Performance is so bad on PC its almost unplayable. Cant even blame Denuvo since the cracked version is just as bad. Also EA censored the armor sets so that your underwear is always on, causing lots of clipping issues and ruining any set that was supposed to show skin. There are even bandages in the chest of male characters lmao. Its a shame because the game could be good and there are some nice ideas here.

somerandomdude

Learned
The performance is just straight up dog shit on this game, totally inexcusable. I would have refunded this shit immediately had I actually purchased it.

Also, pronouns instead of genders. He/him, she/her, and they/them :argh:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom