Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why was The Leisure Zone taken off the main page?

I don't really care that much outside of the fact that I greatly enjoy the Let's Cook thread and have been using it as a repository/barometer for my home cooking projects. While The Leisure Zone was on the main page that thread was getting bumped on average every 3-4 days, but since it's been buried in the shithole that is GD it's now been nearly a month since it got a post.

Did I miss the reasoning for this? Is Crispy to blame? I'm going to assume Crispy is to blame. Fucking Crispy.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Looks okay to me...

UgbTyHb.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I was interested in seeing how it did.

There was thought of reshuffling the off-topic forums under gd as a main.

Well, speaking as one of the principal posters in what (I think?) was the most active topic of this particular sub-forum prior to its interment: I hate it.

The move is just also damning one of the rare Codexian threads where people like James Dixon, dextermorgan, Blaine, and I can all get along. Is there no hope for peace?

And I'm sorry I blamed you Crispy when this was apparently the result of one of DU's mercurial whims, but also fuck you Crispy for not being part of the solution.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I don't really care that much outside of the fact that I greatly enjoy the Let's Cook thread and have been using it as a repository/barometer for my home cooking projects. While The Leisure Zone was on the main page that thread was getting bumped on average every 3-4 days, but since it's been buried in the shithole that is GD it's now been nearly a month since it got a post.

Did I miss the reasoning for this? Is Crispy to blame? I'm going to assume Crispy is to blame. Fucking Crispy.
Are you satisfied with the results since it was returned to the main listing.

Are you satisfied with the results since it was returned to the main listing.
Immensely.

I've been on vacation the last two weeks and as such have been Codexing far less than usual, but I've reaped the harvest of multiple brofists on old posts (for some reason I find brofists on old posts slightly more satisfying than those on new posts) solely from the the thread being back on the front page.

Heading into the meat of autumn (and of course we have the Thanksgiving holiday coming up in the U.S.) I expect I will once again become much more active with OC in the thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom