Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Why some editor at PC Gamer spend 260 hours on Crusader Kings II

Akarnir

Educated
exactly what I thought when I saw his steam list.

One day, someone will mix make a CK2/total war hybrid. It must happen.
Of course that would probably be unplayable.
But at least, a better, more complex military simulation in CK3.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn, I never fought that this game has such an impressive gameplay.

Tytus

Arcane
200 hours playing DA:O? Not watching rest of the video.
Way to go missing a video about a great game, just because the guy likes Codex's RPG of the year.

I'm not dismissing the game. I know it pretty well. I'm just dismissing a guy who likes Dragon Age Origins.

Codex's RPG of the year. - that must've been a bad year.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Way to go missing a video about a great game, just because the guy likes Codex's RPG of the year.

I'm not dismissing the game. I know it pretty well. I'm just dismissing a guy who likes Dragon Age Origins.

I didn't say that you are dismissing the game. I said you will miss a video about a good game, just because the guy likes a specific RPG.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Damn, I never fought that this game has such an impressive gameplay.

It doesn't have particularly impressive gameplay, this guy has wasted his life on mundane activities. He should be ashamed. I'm ashamed for him.

Tytus

Arcane
The game itself is pretty good, but requires a large amount of LARPing.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Nah, dump in a few mods to spice things up and make things harder and you suddenly got a challenge on your hand. Add to this a few mods to increase mortality and lethality of such things as childbirth, disease and battle and you suddenly are struggling to keep a dynasty going. Let alone paint the map with it.

Game is mad fun but does require quite a bit of fiddling to get to the good stuff. Otherwise you're just wanking at a larping sim or mappainter. Decline of Paradox.

oscar

Arcane
Lux Invicta is a lot of fun. Cool timeline where Alexander the Great and Hellenism is a lot more successful (Christianity and Islam less so). Cultures and religions also play out very differently.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I may have played the first Crusader Kings for around 200 hours. The second one is bound to get there too, sooner or later.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

It was. I get the notion many people didn't vote in protest, or because they had played none of the games released... the runner up was Knights of the Chalice i think, or maybe witcher something.

oscar

Arcane
But Knights of the Chalice kicks DA:O's ass so damned hard. Really wish the guy would get cracking on the promised sequel.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The point is that it was a indie and thus had a limited market on the (AAA)rpgcodex - more than everywhere else true, but still not enough to offset the unranked votes of the faggots who played DA that year and voted for what they played. I don't think it was a preferential vote, if it had been, the picture might have been different.

Tytus

Arcane
The point is that it was a indie and thus had a limited market on the (AAA)rpgcodex - more than everywhere else true, but still not enough to offset the unranked votes of the faggots who played DA that year and voted for what they played. I don't think it was a preferential vote, if it had been, the picture might have been different.

You like what you know, even if you hate it, you still like it, cause you know it. :P

So the only game I've really played extensively that's similar to this is Medieval 2: Total War and I enjoyed that but how similar are they really? I understand CK2 is similar with diplomacy/politics but doesn't include any real battle mechanics? I enjoy the playing medieval politics whilst conquering the lands but without a proper battle mechanic these things feel too distant and abstract for me to enjoy them (why I didn't enjoy Civ games). How does fighting work exactly, and for someone wanting battle sequences to "ground" the political mechanics, would this game still be worthwhile?

Zeriel

Arcane
If you don't like abstract strategy games, pretty much all the Paradox "grand strategy" games are not going to appeal to you at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom