Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why I can't manage to install Dawn of War's patches?

Bros, I have a problem. It is thus:
I have installed Dawn of War so I could install Winter Assault. But some retard made a expansion that needs patches to have it installed. What the fuck?
Anyway, I'm not managing to install patches, installer says patches are corrupted, but I've used a procedure that says they're not. I tried installing them in Safe Mode but it failed too.
I think my cracked w40k.exe and another file (W40k.module) are either bugged or corrupted. I've heard something about putting a file from the cd (I think it was W40k.module) but I don't have the CD anymore and it will take too long to get it again.

So, can somebody please help me?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Winter Assault doesn't need any patches to install. At least it never did for me. Must be superior potato computing.

spectre

Arcane
I think my cracked w40k.exe...
There you have it. Always keep the original files after you no-cd in case you need to patch it later.

Get that cd and reinstall. No other way.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Or buy the gold edition — might as well make it platinum as it includes Dark Crusade. It's dirt cheap nowadays.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
How much free space have you got on the drive? It should be a non-issue these days (and it's probably your cracked .exe). But if you're runnign on an old PC and only have a couple of gig free the errors may be spawned from the derptastic way DoW patches. Basically it unpacks all of its compressed asset libraries (effectively more than doubling the installation size while patching), applies changes to the extracted library and repacks it, overwriting the previous version.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The issue is that your cracked exe dose not match up with the patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom