Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Which enemy to kill first?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Just AoE blast them and wait for the dust to settle to decide what to do next...

Gastrick

Cipher
From weakest to strongest is usually a good, proven tactic. If you can incapacitate the stronger enemies then even better.
This goes into the maths behind the answer to your question

The video is misleading. I did the basic math after watching a few weeks ago and it doesn't matter who you kill first as long as the damage/health ratio is the same. The best enemy to take out first is the one with the highest damage(on average)/health ratio. Some of the video comments have the right idea. The posts on Tavernking's wall and the text beneath his name make sense now. "Don't believe his lies" sounded at first glance like a mod is butthurt over something said about them. Since Hobo Elf was legitimately wrong I'll leave this post here.

Dramart

Learned
Don't understimate the lower level enemy.. A lot of heroes have started at low levels. While you fight the strong enemy the weakling can grind and that will be your end. Kill the strong one first, then the new level fifty weakling will kill you he will be remembered as the mighty heroe Alatheos, kill of the dumbfuck. Now anothercharacter will try to avenge you, this will make the game more interesting for the storyfags. Don't forget to make secondary quests about killing five rabbits to make five-hundred xp. Mix the main quests with some secondary quests and dialogues until you getforty hours. Don't forget to include the word soft in your video game company.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Always mages if there are mages. Otherwise it depends on how easy the strong ones are to keep away from. If I can roll around killing the cannon fodder first without taking damage then I'll do it, but if the big guy is hitting me with powerful attacks then better to try to end that ASAP.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Does Knight of the Chalice 2 change one's tried and true tactics? I generally agree with hitting the masses with AOE artillery if possible. I guess if you can snipe the big bad ass quick its a valid option esp if they are a nasty aoe themselves.

laclongquan

Arcane
Depend on mage's defense. If they have a full arsenal of defensive spells up, it take long time to cut down one of those squishy mage.

The rule of the game should be "cut down who is easiest first". If I have a choice between one mage with full buffs and a lightly armored archer/rogue, I probabbly would smash some firepower on the latter first.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Does Knight of the Chalice 2 change one's tried and true tactics? I generally agree with hitting the masses with AOE artillery if possible. I guess if you can snipe the big bad ass quick its a valid option esp if they are a nasty aoe themselves.

Works alright with most KotC 2 fights too, but while 1/2 guys are aoe blasting, you better have something else up your sleeve to tank/behead the remaining mages and something special to deal with the highest threats as well.
There's no room for any freeloader in your party, that's for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom