Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is your favor 2.5D MMORPG?

cokkee

Novice
I just wondering how many of you play 2.5D MMORPG? My favor one is Eudemons Online(http://eo.91.com/) by TQ Digital Entertainment. The game is pretty entertaining for the free charge. you can raise some eudemons to guard you and destroy your enemies, which is pretty cool.

Also I like fast leveling and killing practically everything in sight just by clicking the right mouse key repetitively. That is very fun, considering you feel god-like. Overall, this game is great if you don't have any money, and don’t have a high standard of pc(I am poor I know T_T) then that is not bad choice, so what is your favor one?

cokkee

Novice
...The only reason makes me think MMO bad is mmo games usually so addicted.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Really no idea. But I know how much I get for this:
Jagex first mentioned the name "MechScape" in Jagex recruitment material. Sources indicate that this is a Java-based MMORPG based on the technologies used by RuneScape, another MMORPG by Jagex. At E3 2008 Jagex confirmed that MechScape is in development and hinted that it will be released Q1, 2009, although this has not been confirmed. The game will be released when it has reached a mature state.
:)
http://mechscape.wikia.com/wiki/MechScape

Frau Bishop

Erudite
ferrarif430spiderf12.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hm,dragonica closed beta was interesting.

It has platforming elements and combat is 75% reflex and 25% stat. It is possible to beat a ranged class by side stepping his attacks. While ranged classes can keep dashing to keep distance while firing away their attacks.

Lengthening combo attacks (more of a game than myBrute will ever be) like starting with a 4-slash move, followed with a launcher would reward the player with the opportunity to perform an air combo while their opponent is helpless in the air. As the opponent lands on the floor the warrior can opt to smash downwards for additional damage while the mages can summon a meteor for similar effect. While the enemy lay on the ground, some classes have a 2nd relauncher to restart the air combo all over again.

Longer combos will reward players with additional exp when the opponent is killed. I think if you can chain 50 hits together they'll give you 30% bonus. 100 hits and you'll get 50% bonus.

And if you think i'm joking about the platforming aspect, take a look at this Level 20 dungeon that all classes must finish in order to switch to 2nd class. Took me 2 hours to figure out. The first hour just trying to convince my party that I'm really new at this shit and I'd get better. The other hour spent trying to re-do after the boss wipes us.

Starts from bottom. Red arrow = Fail. Blue arrow = Success

farrelmansion.JPG

I think combining a platformer/brawler with a MMO is the shit, but why the fuck all of them have to look like fucking jap commercials?

Even back in NES days there were platformers/beat'em'ups which DIDN'T LOOK LIKE HELLO KITTY CRASHING INTO A FUCKING POKEMON STORE

RK47

Patron
They're selling it to kids. Come on. And furries.
As a mage you have a buff that turns your head into a cat. As a gladiator you can have the Avatar of Pong the Bear to increase your attack power.

Considering 90% of these games are based on microtransactions, I fail to see how kids are the target audience. We really do live in a pussywhipped society if playing shit like this is considered normal.

Oh yeah, and you're a fag.

RK47

Patron
Emotional Vampire said:
Considering 90% of these games are based on microtransactions, I fail to see how kids are the target audience. We really do live in a pussywhipped society if playing shit like this is considered normal.

Oh yeah, and you're a fag.

Huh? Microtransaction are really intended for kids. I think you're the one missing the point here. Why do kids play maple story instead of WoW? Because they don't have a credit card and can't afford $15 a month. So they flock over to the free games that allows them to play for free. If they have spare cash or savings to spare, they'll go and buy their experience boost item or other accessories. If you still fail to see this, oh well, you called me a fag so you won a prize. :roll:

Playing shit like this is normal for kids. Just like playing RPG with choices and consequences are normal for traditional RPG fans.

I'm just killing time with this game till something new comes along. I doubt it'll keep me occupied for long but it's free so there's no commitment.

Helton

Arcane
RK47 said:
I'm just killing time with this game till something new comes along. I doubt it'll keep me occupied for long but it's free so there's no commitment.

That's what your wife said about you when I told her I wasn't a home wrecker. :cool:

BloodyBandage

Novice
Angels Online and AruaROSE are 2.5dish and they seem to be doing well. I really liked oldschool ultima online as well and Diablo. Conquer Online has some pvp but the grind is pretty bad...ever play Maplestory or Club Penguin? Both might be games to consider..Club Penguin usually for children though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom