Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is known about New World Computings HoMM5?

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
On Wikipedia you can read:

In August 2003, Ubisoft acquired the rights to the Might and Magic franchise for USD$1.3 million[2] after 3DO filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Ubisoft announced their plan to develop the fifth game in the series under the direction of producer Fabrice Cambounet. This news caused controversy as New World Computing under 3DO had already started making the fifth Heroes game. Although Ubisoft gained access to NWC's progress on Heroes V (which envisioned it as an isometric 2D game in the Heroes IV engine), it was decided to start over and create a completely new 3D game.

What is known about NWCs version of HeroesV? Other than that it was to be an isometric 2D game in IVs engine?

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
How close was 3DO to finishing? Why did it go under? That would really suck to work on a game and then have nothing to show for it.

That just made me think about something. Might & Magic Heroes VII was released in 2015. I would have thought there would be an 8 by now. So I did some googling. Looks like Ubisoft isn't planning on doing an 8, and isn't planning on selling the rights either.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How close was 3DO to finishing? Why did it go under? That would really suck to work on a game and then have nothing to show for it.

That just made me think about something. Might & Magic Heroes VII was released in 2015. I would have thought there would be an 8 by now. So I did some googling. Looks like Ubisoft isn't planning on doing an 8, and isn't planning on selling the rights either.
Maybe they plan to launch another abomination like Might and Magic Heroes: Kingdoms or Might and Magic Heroes Online ?

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist

I'd be surprised if it was very much along the way considering the shape the company was in at that time. Those assets that are floating around and some code mode likely.

Does anyone ever really play those sequels after V? I feel like most of the people who still play Heroes just play the original 3/4/5 and ignore everything that came afterwards. I doubt that 6 or 7 did as much as Ubisoft would have liked and more or less shelved it for all those cheap mobileshit titles.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom