Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What did your first PnP group do... horribly wrong?

lightbane

Arcane
Okay, here we go:

*basically a bunch of really horrible people*
Jesus. I feel bad for you man. The fact that you played Changeling: The Lost is also priceless (although I bet these people would have fitted way better in a Changeling: The Dreaming or a Beast: The Otherkining game). I wonder what kind of horrible creatures they designed to be their PCs.

lightbane

Arcane
Since I didn't know how to play WoD and was sucked into the idea of it being all about story, I made a super sneaky overweight white girl antiquarian darkling. GF made a beast lawyer type who had a flaw that he couldnt stop laughing at bad times. Obese fatlord made a wizened that rolled 16 dice to hit people and bitchy shrew girl was a social goddess with all sorts of buffs to her appearance and could literally seduce everyone

:what:
Welp, the first one is a textbook munchkin (IIRC, Wizened are not optimal combat characters to start with), while the latter latter seems to be a projection of the player into the character. Wait, didn't you say that the sociopathic girl was the DM? Was she playing a character along with the rest of the party as well (aka a GMNPC)? That's usually a clear sign of a bad DM.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Was she playing a character along with the rest of the party as well (aka a GMNPC)? That's usually a clear sign of a bad DM.

Man, those alone could account for a lot of horror stories. The DM's way to show the players how to do their job and railroad them at every opportunity...

I did that too in early games :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom