Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What c64 Emulator do you use?

MonkeyLancer

Educated
CCS64 is sometimes a resource hog for some reason...

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm using CSS64...

Version 2.0 BETA. :oops: Guess it's propably outdated by several eons by now.

MonkeyLancer

Educated
Slenkar said:
what gaymes do you play on it?

I owned a spectrum back in the day and im very jealous of all the CRPG's released for c64

When the nostalgia kicks in I usually play in no particular order;
seven cities of gold, mail order monsters, gold box crpgs, archon, ultima 4, racing destruction set,wasteland, etc etc etc..
(I've still never played any bard's tale games and I'm sure I'm missing out)

the music alone in those games puts me in my happy place

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Vice because it works well on Linux.

CCS64 people, is there any particular reason why you prefer it over Vice? I used it back when I was a Win person and to be honest I found the interface to be a pain in the neck.

MonkeyLancer

Educated
no, not at all. just amazes me, you obviously take care of your machines... or I'm too abusive

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Lord Rocket said:
CCS64 people, is there any particular reason why you prefer it over Vice?
I use both because of incompatibility issues, some games just like one particular emu.

Related question: What Apple II emu do you guys use? And what games do you know about that were good and exclusive for that system?

DraQ

Arcane
Lord Rocket said:
Vice because it works well on Linux.

CCS64 people, is there any particular reason why you prefer it over Vice? I used it back when I was a Win person and to be honest I found the interface to be a pain in the neck.
It's been a lot of time, so I'm not up to date, but it worked well, and had this nifty mode that emulated shit quality TV image.

Since shit quality, muted and blurry TV image was what stood between my delicate squishy eyeballs and huge pixels with sharp corners, in 16 bright and vibrant colours, making the picture look smooth and the colour spectrum more suited to the grey everyday reality of life in potato republic of potato I've learned to love it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom