Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Weird Baldur's Gate 2 bug/problem

Stabwound

Arcane
I've had an ongoing BGTrilogy game going for a long time and just picked it up again. Currently on Chapter 6 of BG2. The problem is that I'm finding that many enemies simply refuse to attack or act whatsoever; they'll just stand in the spot while they get pummled to death. This seems to only be a problem in maps I've already visited and not in new maps. It's like their AI is completely removed or there's an error or something.

I think this is possibly an issue with uninstalling a mod mid-game, but I have no idea what that would be. I remember it doing this a while ago, which is why I took a break, and now I can't remember how or why it started happening because it was probably a year ago.

Anyone experienced this or know how to fix it?

MMXI

Arcane
Whatever you do, DO NOT report this bug to BioWare. It'll only inspire them.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
If you uninstalled an AI mod I can see this happening. Creatures that are already spawned are probably looking for the old AI files while new creatures are using the ones available when they spawn.

Of course I know nothing of modding so this is only a guess.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Usually Baldur's Gate save files work fine across different mod installations, so long as nothing crucial is missing or different... if you had some sort of AI/tactics mod available, or one that alters the core monster scripts in some way, then that's what'd probably cause your problems. See if loading an earlier save file helps, or alternately, go back and install the mod if you can.

waywardOne

Arcane
it's not weird or a bug. you messed with your game's data files and you wonder why your game is fucked?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Beware, since the recommended patch for modding ToB is not the last one.

Also, there are some new mods that fix the beregost crash in BGT.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
There's is a weidu log file in your installation folder. Open it and check what mod you uninstalled. Probably some tactics/scs mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom