Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland 2 release date predictions

Wasteland 2 will be released (intervals are inclusive, odds are in parenthesis):

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

catfood

AGAIN
Even with an existing engine I can't picture them being able to release a non-halfassed game earlier than spring-summer 2014.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I will say around 2 years or slightly sooner than that due to fan urging to get it right and not release it prematurely. Turn based rpg in 2014, that's some crazy shit.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
2-2 1/2 years to make. And Roquey, there's no way Fargo is making a budget that he expects to spend 3 million over 18 months. He's too smart and he'll never come out and say it, but I'm sure he's planning on spending more in the neighborhood of 2-2.5 million over the next 18 months. The rest either goes into their pockets or they spend it when they go past their deadline.

hakuroshi

Augur
Sometime in 2014 is more likely to me. As for budget, they've got three times more then asked initially.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
2-2 1/2 years to make. And Roquey, there's no way Fargo is making a budget that he expects to spend 3 million over 18 months. He's too smart and he'll never come out and say it, but I'm sure he's planning on spending more in the neighborhood of 2-2.5 million over the next 18 months. The rest either goes into their pockets or they spend it when they go past their deadline.
They're not getting 3 million, after Kickstarter and Amazon take their cut and inevitable bad payments, it's closer to 2.6-2.7. Unless he announces a delay in the next five months, I expect the majority of that will be used by October 2013 with a couple of months left over for a delay/smooth transition to post-release support. Saving more would be dishonesty on his part if he's sticking to October for a release date.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
They're not getting 3 million, after Kickstarter and Amazon take their cut and inevitable bad payments, it's closer to 2.6-2.7. Unless he announces a delay in the next five months, I expect the majority of that will be used by October 2013 with a couple of months left over for a delay/smooth transition to post-release support. Saving more would be dishonesty on his part if he's sticking to October for a release date.

You're nitpicking now and missing my point. So they'll budget for 1.8M over the next 18 months than leave the rest in reserve. If nothing else, Fargo is a business and marketing guy. He might end up running out of money on the project but it won't be within 18-24 months because he does know how to put together a basic budget.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And how many months of salaries will the leftovers pay for? Totally unknown, but I'm not going to be naively optimistic about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom