Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer: Dark Crusade - The Grey Knights Pokemon

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Article ]</strong>

<p>Gamespot brought you another <a href="http://www.dawnofwargame.com/" title="Dawn of War">Dawn of War: Dark Crusade</a> profile this weekend. The super powerful and super rare Grey Knights are the stars of this episode.</p><blockquote><p>The Grey Knights are even tougher than the average Space Marine and are decent ranged attackers, although they carry special "force halberd" melee weapons that make them much more effective in melee combat. Grey Knights are, of course, particularly effective against daemon opponents. Unfortunately, because these powerful warriors are so rare, in the game you'll be able to create only a single squad of them. As mentioned, Grey Knights also possess psyker abilities. </p></blockquote><p>While you're at it, don't forget to watch the <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/warhammer40000dawnofwarexp2/media.html" title="video">new video clip</a>. </p><p>Read: <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/warhammer40000dawnofwarexp2/news.html?page=1&sid=6155709&part=rss&tag=gs_pc&subj=6155709" title="Profile">Grey Knights Profile</a></p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamespot.com">Gamespot</a></p>

Astromarine

Erudite
Grey Knights just plain suck. If they had to make *Hunters units, couldn't they have gone with Sisters of Battle instead? Why did they have to go with "We're Marines, but TO THE MAX!!1!"

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
This is pleasantly suprising, as Relic originally said that there would be no extra units for the existing races.

What's more interesting though are the choices for the other races, most notably Imperial Guard Heavy Weapon Teams (which they desperately needed) and Eldar Harlequins (for reasons that don't really need to be explained).

Ryuken

Liturgist
Well, at least the extra units for the existing races sound more exciting than those of Winter Assault.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
They're an old part of 40k, they're kinda like warrior troubadour that travel the webway between the eldar craftworlds telling the history and stories of the craftworld and the race as a whole. Much loved by eldar players so it's nice to see them make a comeback...and even after all these years the minis are still excellent.

Well, at least the extra units for the existing races sound more exciting than those of Winter Assault.

Indeed, but i'm most anxious about the battlemap thingy...if it works right it'll be very cool and add loads of replayability to people like me who don't play online much.

Astromarine

Erudite
to add to what fizz said, they're a part of the eldar list that, even though it's MUCH beloved, hasn't been included in the tabletop game's Eldar armies for a couple of editions now. But now, the Eldar are being redone in the tabletop in the next couple months, and Harlies are going to be a part of that upgrade. Therefore, it makes sense to include them in DOW to tie in.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
All of the cool armies always get overlooked in favor of the next super-powerful (and super-expensive in $$$, which is why I play with coins instead of figures) Space Marine codex...

Lost and the Damned are just about the coolest army in the game, and they're stuck in a side Codex.

Astromarine

Erudite
you might be interested in the forthcoming traitor guard miniatures and army list that Forgeworld is planning to put out next year. Hope your sugga daddy can come up with some serious cash though

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Arts and crafts > me.

I just play with friends. Between us we've got a bunch of Codexes and we just play with coins and I'll be damned if I pay what they're asking for little plastic figurines.

Anyways, Lost and the Damned seem like what Chaos *should* be, a horde of nasty disgusting things backed up by a few traitor marines and such. I mostly like it because I can kit out three Aspiring Champions as my HQ if I want. I think LatD is the only army which can have 2 powerfists in a single squad (champ + boss).

Also, LatD is the perfect place for rough riders...it sometimes makes me cry with joy when a 90 point squad meltabombs a leman russ into oblivion.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Astromarine said:
you might be interested in the forthcoming traitor guard miniatures and army list that Forgeworld is planning to put out next year. Hope your sugga daddy can come up with some serious cash though

guardsmen-comp.jpg

Very post apoc, makes a nice change from all the spikes.

345tom

Novice
I Have found out all the new units.
Orks= Flash Gitz
Chaos=Daemon Prince
Space Marines=Grey Knights
Eldar=Harlequins
Imperial Guard=Heavy Weapons Teams

I also think that the necrons will be sweet and so will the tau. I'm more intrested in the necrons. By the way any one watch the clips? If you do you will find out alot and you will see tau stealthsuits in action which i think you could use as your whole army.

Peace out

not :twisted: :evil:

DEATH TO GOOD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom